Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread 10:50 - Feb 6 with 32339 viewsSpaceman_P

Due to feeling chuffed about starting the last match thread and winning, I have the confidence to drop this one early.

Going for another 2 - 1 Win.

We've got this!!! if there is such a thing as a new player bounce, we're going to have it.

the Loftus road crowd will be in full force, I will be watching via some form of Stream.

Goals coming from Colback and I'm going to also be bold and say Hodge is going to get another.

Can't see all the new blokes starting this one. But do imagine Hodge and Smyth will be in the starting 11 whereas Willock will be benched. I feel confident at least 2 of the other new blokes will be subs and used and feel maybe will also get assists.

But definitely we've got this one.... those 6-fingered bumpkins are going to lose this weekend.

Delia will be on the wine as soon as the final whistle blows

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 11 with 1871 viewsderbyhoop

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

My view, Bannerman, FWIW.

1st Goal - It's Chair who loses McLean, then Begovic takes no steps at all before diving. He just collapses. That's not a hard-hit shot, and it's from a nice distance. Granted, he doesn't see it until sightly late, but still..he just collapses. no half-step at all.

I thought he had a fine game today interms of command, as ever, but his footwork is often poor. (His one-on-one save at 2-2, I thought was superb.)

2nd Goal - Cannon comes late, so it looks as if he's to blame, but if we trace it back the scorer runs from deep. Paal gets dragged in as Rowe drops into the space that Hayden should be bossing. Correct decision by Paal, imo, to go the nearest fire. Then Rowe lays out wide to an unmarked Budgie. Hayden then goes to the near post where we are already well stocked with our two centre-backs, Colback is only jogging all this time btw, so the runner hits the centre of the goal and Cannon has to leave his position to try and get to him. It looks bad on Cannon but it is definitely not his fault imo.

Chair got blocked. McLean was his man but he couldn't follow his run. Doesnt excuse the yawning gap he shot through.
Just thought Sargent got up so early and so well that Cannon barely got off the ground.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 15:05 - Feb 11 with 1857 viewsMrSheen

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Thought the ref was actually pretty good for 75 minutes, I had him around a 7, but he gave some weird and wonderful bits in the last 15.

And I'll never understand why they tolerate Barnes chasing them round harassing them all day. He'd do that once to me and no more or he'd be in the bath.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Funny he was the one Norwich player who couldn’t get a decision out of the ref. Easy to dislike perhaps.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 15:48 - Feb 11 with 1757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

Chair got blocked. McLean was his man but he couldn't follow his run. Doesnt excuse the yawning gap he shot through.
Just thought Sargent got up so early and so well that Cannon barely got off the ground.

Thanks Derby. Couldn't tell if Chair was blocked or not.

As for cannon on the second, I really don't thonk Sargent was his man. He just tried to come across and cover.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 1537 viewsnix

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 15:02 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

If you look though the players who would have covered that space - Colback and another player also look like they were impeded just as they go to cover for Chair. If they hadn’t been held back then Colback probably would have got there to cover.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 23:41 - Feb 11 with 1373 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chair should be the last player at the back defending. You might as well have Warwick Davies defending it.

Just seemed a bit disorganised in general.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 00:14 - Feb 12 with 1308 viewsNorthernr

I actually thought that Norwich first goal was quite a successful rope a dope strategy. Their corners in the first half were all whipped right in, under the cross bar, crowded six yard box, men round Begovic. Brilliant deliveries, every one lethal, we did really well to repel it all, more through luck than judgement sometimes, but still. That creates a bit of a mindset and almost a complacency about what's to come - ah, corner, here we go again, everybody in the six yard box, batten down the hatches, sound the siren. Always worth cutting one back just to see who's asleep...
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 05:19 - Feb 12 with 1223 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 00:14 - Feb 12 by Northernr

I actually thought that Norwich first goal was quite a successful rope a dope strategy. Their corners in the first half were all whipped right in, under the cross bar, crowded six yard box, men round Begovic. Brilliant deliveries, every one lethal, we did really well to repel it all, more through luck than judgement sometimes, but still. That creates a bit of a mindset and almost a complacency about what's to come - ah, corner, here we go again, everybody in the six yard box, batten down the hatches, sound the siren. Always worth cutting one back just to see who's asleep...

Like I suspect there is no doubt the word has got around we are miserable at defending corners and Norwich kept probing then switched it up and scored .
Also our much maligned keeper pulled off a brilliant save/swat away later in the game almost exactkly like the one that beat him against stoke .
Be ready for another onslaught on Wednesday because we still give off that panic mode when its corner time .
On a brighter note we have a couple of big men now to attack our own corners just need KP far away from them .
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 06:50 - Feb 12 with 1185 viewsQPROslo

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 20:29 - Feb 11 by nix

If you look though the players who would have covered that space - Colback and another player also look like they were impeded just as they go to cover for Chair. If they hadn’t been held back then Colback probably would have got there to cover.

I thought Cook was too slow out to challenge Sargeant in the air for that ball, never got up in the air and only collided with him when he'd already headed into our goal. I would expect our big no.5 to be challenging their no.9 who is decent in the air in situations like that, but I dont know. I hear Cook is supposed to be good at organising our defence, but quite often he seems slow to react to me and when he does it results in despairing tackles or blocks which have caused at least one own goal and some narrow escapes. Still better late than never, he's not getting any younger.
Login to get fewer ads

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 07:21 - Feb 12 with 1151 viewscyprusmel

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 06:50 - Feb 12 by QPROslo

I thought Cook was too slow out to challenge Sargeant in the air for that ball, never got up in the air and only collided with him when he'd already headed into our goal. I would expect our big no.5 to be challenging their no.9 who is decent in the air in situations like that, but I dont know. I hear Cook is supposed to be good at organising our defence, but quite often he seems slow to react to me and when he does it results in despairing tackles or blocks which have caused at least one own goal and some narrow escapes. Still better late than never, he's not getting any younger.

We have a 6'6" goalkeeper he should be coming out and dealing with crosses that close to the goal.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:10 - Feb 12 with 1061 viewsterryb

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 07:21 - Feb 12 by cyprusmel

We have a 6'6" goalkeeper he should be coming out and dealing with crosses that close to the goal.

It wasn't close to the goal, being around the penalty spot?

Sargent arrived in the penalty area from midfield late into free space. If anyone was to blame it was whoever didn't track his run. Everyone already in the area was doing their job.

For the first goal, we would have been full of praise if we had scored it. It was the only corner/free kick into the area that we didn't win. We were definitely caught napping, expecting another ball in the air & we will need to allow for a change of delivery.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:24 - Feb 12 with 1019 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:10 - Feb 12 by terryb

Sargent arrived in the penalty area from midfield late into free space. If anyone was to blame it was whoever didn't track his run. Everyone already in the area was doing their job.

For the first goal, we would have been full of praise if we had scored it. It was the only corner/free kick into the area that we didn't win. We were definitely caught napping, expecting another ball in the air & we will need to allow for a change of delivery.

The cross is across the six-yard box.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:43 - Feb 12 with 981 viewsterryb

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:24 - Feb 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

The cross is across the six-yard box.

Was it? I admit that I've not looked at it again & was just going on what it looked like from the other end of the ground!
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:02 - Feb 12 with 944 viewsMrSheen

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:10 - Feb 12 by terryb

Master Sheen said Frey headed three corners away in he last few minutes, he’s got better eyesight than I have. Any confirmation?
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:36 - Feb 12 with 886 viewsSK_hoops

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:02 - Feb 12 by MrSheen

Master Sheen said Frey headed three corners away in he last few minutes, he’s got better eyesight than I have. Any confirmation?

I definitely remember him heading one out. Looks like another good aspect of his game.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:47 - Feb 12 with 867 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah I think I agree . Cannon taking the hit but Cannon was already marking someone and Sargent arrived unmarked with Hodge chasing desperately. He came from deep and the midfielders should be picking him up . It’s a great attacking goal but bad defensive one . Both were actually .
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:51 - Feb 12 with 850 viewslassel

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:47 - Feb 12 by mart_Goblin

Yeah I think I agree . Cannon taking the hit but Cannon was already marking someone and Sargent arrived unmarked with Hodge chasing desperately. He came from deep and the midfielders should be picking him up . It’s a great attacking goal but bad defensive one . Both were actually .

That’s what you have to accept with a young player like Hodge though - he’s still young and learning so we obviously hope his attacking offering bests any defensive lapses.

If he had both sorted he would be playing in the PL already.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:01 - Feb 12 with 749 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:47 - Feb 12 by mart_Goblin

Also agree.

Hayden got drawn to the near post where our two centre-backs were already positioned. He should have gone centre to pick up Sargent. Cross was too high for Begovic and the two centre-backs, Sargent unmarked. Cannon left his man to cover across but no blame on him either.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:02 - Feb 12 with 744 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 11:51 - Feb 12 by lassel

That’s what you have to accept with a young player like Hodge though - he’s still young and learning so we obviously hope his attacking offering bests any defensive lapses.

If he had both sorted he would be playing in the PL already.

Absolutely no blame on Hodge either.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 14:49 - Feb 12 with 628 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:02 - Feb 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Absolutely no blame on Hodge either.

He almost got a lot of blame Brian giving away the ball an causing a lot of stress with Norwich taking the frees in bad spots for us .
Luckily they were very poor but of course they made up for that in the second half .
Hodge brings a lot of energy and looks like he really reads the game well I can see him being a favorite of Marti .
Its a shame the lazer he unloaded in the first few minutes did not find the corner .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024