Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread 10:50 - Feb 6 with 33406 viewsSpaceman_P

Due to feeling chuffed about starting the last match thread and winning, I have the confidence to drop this one early.

Going for another 2 - 1 Win.

We've got this!!! if there is such a thing as a new player bounce, we're going to have it.

the Loftus road crowd will be in full force, I will be watching via some form of Stream.

Goals coming from Colback and I'm going to also be bold and say Hodge is going to get another.

Can't see all the new blokes starting this one. But do imagine Hodge and Smyth will be in the starting 11 whereas Willock will be benched. I feel confident at least 2 of the other new blokes will be subs and used and feel maybe will also get assists.

But definitely we've got this one.... those 6-fingered bumpkins are going to lose this weekend.

Delia will be on the wine as soon as the final whistle blows

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:10 - Feb 10 with 4026 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 16:57 - Feb 10 by Clive_Anderson

Would have snapped your @rse off for 2-2 and Huddersfield losing with 15 minutes left.

Good post it looked very gloomy with Norwich on top and fat boy Hernandez ripping us down the left the 3rd goal looked ineviatable .
But fair play to Marti with his subs and our boys they pulled out a great point against all that money and talent it going to be very valuable IMO.
Some of our decision making was bad late we needed to feed Frey he was really up for the fight.
Cannot figure out the ref he really lost it late almost looked like he wanted Norwich to win it
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:18 - Feb 10 with 3808 viewsManinBlack

In the final analysis another season passes without beating Norwich despite three meetings this time. Some things never change no matter how many players or managers change.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:26 - Feb 10 with 3593 viewsJuzzie

Little acorns.

Of course would have loved the win but a draw against an in form team (and a bogey one at that) not to be sniffed at. We’re edging closer upwards and the team seems to be getting better week by week. New additions hitting the ground running.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 10 with 3540 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Good point in the end. Loved our equaliser. Hodge looks a very tidy player too - quite something for a Premier League player to acclimatise to the physicality of the Championship straightaway.

Beat Stoke and we're out of the relegation zone.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 3321 viewssmudgehoop

Another enjoyable game.

So pleased at how the season has turned around.

We look like a decent side that has got enough to stay up.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:40 - Feb 10 with 3305 viewsSpaceman_P

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:28 - Feb 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

Good point in the end. Loved our equaliser. Hodge looks a very tidy player too - quite something for a Premier League player to acclimatise to the physicality of the Championship straightaway.

Beat Stoke and we're out of the relegation zone.

Is this based on goal differences if so?
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:42 - Feb 10 with 3247 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Fair play to the ref too. He managed to be even more of a useless c*nt than the one who reffed the Huddersfield game, and made no comedy sprints to the halfway line either.

Where on earth do they find them? Abdul Ezedi would have reffed it better, drowned and with one eye.
[Post edited 10 Feb 17:43]
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:44 - Feb 10 with 3199 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:40 - Feb 10 by Spaceman_P

Is this based on goal differences if so?

We're three points behind with a superior goal difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:49 - Feb 10 with 3064 viewsstainrods_elbow

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 17:03 - Feb 10 by Boston

It was looking tough, until Frey entered the fray.

I must admit my nerves were getting a bit Freyed around the edges.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 10 with 2953 viewsBurnleyhoop

Thought Anderson looked excellent, quick, composed with plenty of running him in. Frey could quite easily have had 2 goals in his 20 min cameo. Looks dangerous in front of goal.

Really pleased with the Jan recruits. Transformed this team. Very good performance against the best team I have seen at Loftus road this season.

Great work from Marti.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 18:45 - Feb 10 with 2747 viewsMatch82

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 10 by Burnleyhoop

Thought Anderson looked excellent, quick, composed with plenty of running him in. Frey could quite easily have had 2 goals in his 20 min cameo. Looks dangerous in front of goal.

Really pleased with the Jan recruits. Transformed this team. Very good performance against the best team I have seen at Loftus road this season.

Great work from Marti.

Prepared to be in the minority here but I actually thought Frey wasn't great today. Very rusty, gave the ball away a lot, and I thought his goal had more than a touch of fluke about it, thought he misshit it.

I do think he'll come good in the future once he gets more game time.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 2574 viewsqueensparker

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 18:45 - Feb 10 by Match82

Prepared to be in the minority here but I actually thought Frey wasn't great today. Very rusty, gave the ball away a lot, and I thought his goal had more than a touch of fluke about it, thought he misshit it.

I do think he'll come good in the future once he gets more game time.

Think that’s a bit harsh on Frey- he’s clearly nowhere near fit and going to be more of a comedy cult hero than amazing pro, but he went close with one chance and buried another one. Plus played Chair in a with a lovely flicked header that I haven’t seen any of our forwards do since Big Matt Smith.

After the Blackburn game I thought he looked a proper unfit cart horse but he contributed well today
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 20:30 - Feb 10 with 2377 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just back….haven’t seen the Norwich goals back yet but from A block they both looked like they were the result of very, very poor defending especially the one from a corner! I said I’d take a draw before kick off so I’m very happy with the result especially given we were 1-2 down with 13 minutes left to play. The new signings alongside Dozzell moving on have transformed our team. Definitely a point gained today. COYRs!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 21:26 - Feb 10 with 2233 viewsMatch82

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 19:40 - Feb 10 by queensparker

Think that’s a bit harsh on Frey- he’s clearly nowhere near fit and going to be more of a comedy cult hero than amazing pro, but he went close with one chance and buried another one. Plus played Chair in a with a lovely flicked header that I haven’t seen any of our forwards do since Big Matt Smith.

After the Blackburn game I thought he looked a proper unfit cart horse but he contributed well today

Well yeah it was a comment on his performance rather than ability which I think resulted from that lack of fitness. I will say the movement for his goal was great even if the finish was lucky (I'm prepared to be wrong on that, just looked like a scuff at first glance to me) it just felt like he gave the ball away a ton during the time he was on the pitch
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 10 with 2150 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic has to be keeping that first out. Other players at fault too but bloody hell.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 10 with 2092 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

Begovic has to be keeping that first out. Other players at fault too but bloody hell.

I cannot figure out some posters hate for Begovic its beyond frustrating .
He saved us again today because if that 3rd goal came it was game over .
The man has not missed one second since the start of the season and pulled off some serious saves yet he gets cut down so much.
The short corner was Colbacks fault and their second goal was Cannon letting his USA buddy ride on his shoulders to head it home .
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 10 with 2035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 10 by CLAREMAN1995

The man has not missed one second since the start of the season and pulled off some serious saves yet he gets cut down so much.
The short corner was Colbacks fault and their second goal was Cannon letting his USA buddy ride on his shoulders to head it home .

My view, Bannerman, FWIW.

1st Goal - It's Chair who loses McLean, then Begovic takes no steps at all before diving. He just collapses. That's not a hard-hit shot, and it's from a nice distance. Granted, he doesn't see it until sightly late, but still..he just collapses. no half-step at all.

I thought he had a fine game today interms of command, as ever, but his footwork is often poor. (His one-on-one save at 2-2, I thought was superb.)

2nd Goal - Cannon comes late, so it looks as if he's to blame, but if we trace it back the scorer runs from deep. Paal gets dragged in as Rowe drops into the space that Hayden should be bossing. Correct decision by Paal, imo, to go the nearest fire. Then Rowe lays out wide to an unmarked Budgie. Hayden then goes to the near post where we are already well stocked with our two centre-backs, Colback is only jogging all this time btw, so the runner hits the centre of the goal and Cannon has to leave his position to try and get to him. It looks bad on Cannon but it is definitely not his fault imo.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 10 with 1918 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 21:53 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

Think he's our weak link now. Yes, he made a good save later on but he is slow going down for shots like the first goal and extremely reluctant to come off his line for crosses. Love to have a young and mobile keeper.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 00:12 - Feb 11 with 1809 viewsSydneyRs

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 21:26 - Feb 10 by Match82

Well yeah it was a comment on his performance rather than ability which I think resulted from that lack of fitness. I will say the movement for his goal was great even if the finish was lucky (I'm prepared to be wrong on that, just looked like a scuff at first glance to me) it just felt like he gave the ball away a ton during the time he was on the pitch

Scuff or not, he had to be there in the first place by getting in front of his man. Almost scored before that having done the same thing.

This is exactly the sort of striker guile we've been crying out for and he'll only get better with match sharpness.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 09:49 - Feb 11 with 1534 viewsWatford_Ranger

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 10 by CLAREMAN1995

I don’t hate him nor love him but a professional goalkeeper should be keeping that out. I think overall he’s had an ok season with a few more howlers than probably most goalkeepers but also some very good saves.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:09 - Feb 11 with 1435 viewsMrSheen

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:56 - Feb 10 by Wegerles_Stairs

Think he's our weak link now. Yes, he made a good save later on but he is slow going down for shots like the first goal and extremely reluctant to come off his line for crosses. Love to have a young and mobile keeper.

It could be worse, Angus Gunn might be in goal for us.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 10:44 - Feb 11 with 1344 viewsNortholt_Rs

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 22:30 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

My view, Bannerman, FWIW.

1st Goal - It's Chair who loses McLean, then Begovic takes no steps at all before diving. He just collapses. That's not a hard-hit shot, and it's from a nice distance. Granted, he doesn't see it until sightly late, but still..he just collapses. no half-step at all.

I thought he had a fine game today interms of command, as ever, but his footwork is often poor. (His one-on-one save at 2-2, I thought was superb.)

2nd Goal - Cannon comes late, so it looks as if he's to blame, but if we trace it back the scorer runs from deep. Paal gets dragged in as Rowe drops into the space that Hayden should be bossing. Correct decision by Paal, imo, to go the nearest fire. Then Rowe lays out wide to an unmarked Budgie. Hayden then goes to the near post where we are already well stocked with our two centre-backs, Colback is only jogging all this time btw, so the runner hits the centre of the goal and Cannon has to leave his position to try and get to him. It looks bad on Cannon but it is definitely not his fault imo.

Paal was constantly in a 2v1 situation as Norwich clearly targeted our LB.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:03 - Feb 11 with 1154 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I never saw much of him when he was playing in the Premier League but was he always so rooted to his goal line? I can't recall seeing a keeper who is so reluctant to come for crosses and command his area. Maybe it's the contrast with Dieng, who did that all the time. Begovic reminds me a bit of Frankenstein the way he lumbers around on his line.
Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:12 - Feb 11 with 1130 viewscheeseydane

Its funny how football fans see things.
So much written on here about the refs bias towards Norwich.
Yet go on their mb, and they are just as adamant, if not more so, that the ref was a homer.
Cracks me up.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 11 with 1116 viewsNorthernr

Delia Smith's extra thick stuffing - QPR vs Norwich Match Thread on 13:12 - Feb 11 by cheeseydane

Its funny how football fans see things.
So much written on here about the refs bias towards Norwich.
Yet go on their mb, and they are just as adamant, if not more so, that the ref was a homer.
Cracks me up.

Thought the ref was actually pretty good for 75 minutes, I had him around a 7, but he gave some weird and wonderful bits in the last 15.

And I'll never understand why they tolerate Barnes chasing them round harassing them all day. He'd do that once to me and no more or he'd be in the bath.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024