Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview 10:13 - Feb 16 with 2287 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61957
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 10:24 - Feb 16 with 2231 viewsstevec

It’s a pretty poisonous club that could fck up Rob Dickie.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 11:52 - Feb 16 with 2052 viewsLandshark

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 10:24 - Feb 16 by stevec

It’s a pretty poisonous club that could fck up Rob Dickie.

Crazy how we turned him from a £5 million+ player to someone we sold for less than a million over the course of one season.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:45 - Feb 16 with 1974 viewsPaddyhoops

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 11:52 - Feb 16 by Landshark

Crazy how we turned him from a £5 million+ player to someone we sold for less than a million over the course of one season.

I think he contributed to a lot of that demise himself last season.
He was awful which was a shame and it’s good to see him return to form.
Hope he has a stinker tomorrow.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:47 - Feb 16 with 1964 viewsRangersw12

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:45 - Feb 16 by Paddyhoops

I think he contributed to a lot of that demise himself last season.
He was awful which was a shame and it’s good to see him return to form.
Hope he has a stinker tomorrow.

Didn't help he had to play with Dunne though
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 13:04 - Feb 16 with 1915 viewssprocket

Absolute nailed on defeat tomorrow I reckon.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 13:06 - Feb 16 with 1908 viewstraininvain

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:47 - Feb 16 by Rangersw12

Funnily enough Dickie got most of the blame last season and was playing alongside not only Dunne but also Kakay.

I’m not surprised to see him doing well at Bristol City. I doubt we’ll be saying the same about Dunne and Kakay when they move on elsewhere.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 1903 viewsLoyalitat

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:47 - Feb 16 by Rangersw12

Indeed.

Still, three good/decent seasons out of four since he stepped up into the Championship, clearly shows that he is more than capable in this league. The bringing in of Balogun by Beale wasn't an upgrade and didn't help either. Another player, unlike Dickie, who hid by either going off early "injured" when the going got tough; as was the case v Luton away last season, or signed-off sick for months. That's hiding in my eyes.

Going out there each week, making errors, playing below your best clearly isn't desirable, but it isn't hiding like Balogun et al from last season. Credit to Dickie for turning it around at Bristol City. Last year's adversity will make him a better player and a real asset for Bristol City, just hope he has a bad game tomorrow.
[Post edited 16 Feb 13:15]
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 13:08 - Feb 16 with 1898 viewsPaddyhoops

Fair point.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 14:50 - Feb 16 with 1755 viewsgolborne

Had a decent feeling about tomorrow, but from what he's saying it seems they've evolved from a team who sat in and played on the counter to becoming a team who now sit in and play on the counter with a modicum of high press.
Playing against teams who sit in is never great for us and as ever taking an early chance is a must. Then they can sit in all they want. Given they sit in, I wonder if he'll start Sinclair. Might be better to have the tricky players work us up the pitch with a target man in tandem. No not him, the one who currently has about 45 mins in his legs.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 15:09 - Feb 16 with 1727 viewsderbyhoop

It sounds like they are pursuing the type of recruitment we should be doing. £20m for Alex Scott + Seyenmo the prev season is a help.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 16:13 - Feb 16 with 1661 viewsKonk

That's really good analysis from the City fan. I've seen them 20 times this season(!) and they are the most midtable Championship side ever. W12 D8 L12 GD+2. Don't score many, don't concede many. With Scott and Semenyo I think they'd have been a play-off side this season. Played really well v Saints the other night, when they went a bit more direct and intense than of late. Can be quite a bit of knocking the ball backwards and sideways whilst waiting 4 days for an opening to appear. Joe Williams has been really influential in the middle since coming back into the side after injury.

Dickie has been really good for City, where Vyner's pace and athleticism has made up for Dickie's lack of pace. They make a good pairing. Not at the same level, but as a pairing the remind me of Hangeland and Hughes at Fulham.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 16:27 - Feb 16 with 1633 viewsParkRoyalR

Didn't help when Hughill absolutely schooled him at Rotherham away and when he turned his back and refused a simple pass at Loftus Road from Dunne, you could see the man from the boy in those two.

Some shrink in a battle and others step up, it was obvious both days whose bottle had gone and it wasn't Jimmy Dunne's.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 20:08 - Feb 16 with 1485 viewstraininvain

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 16:27 - Feb 16 by ParkRoyalR

Didn't help when Hughill absolutely schooled him at Rotherham away and when he turned his back and refused a simple pass at Loftus Road from Dunne, you could see the man from the boy in those two.

Some shrink in a battle and others step up, it was obvious both days whose bottle had gone and it wasn't Jimmy Dunne's.

It’s just a shame that Dunne hasn’t actually gone on to prove that he’s the better central defender out of the two. Only one winner in that contest right now.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 09:16 - Feb 17 with 1270 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 20:08 - Feb 16 by traininvain

It’s just a shame that Dunne hasn’t actually gone on to prove that he’s the better central defender out of the two. Only one winner in that contest right now.

On the basis you've seen Dickie play every game this season?

Or on the basis Dunne's playing in a team with a dysfunctional attack that is amongst the lowest scorers in the league and every goal conceded means a likely draw or defeat?

Dunne is one of the very very few players who wears our shirt with pride.

I get he's not Northern's cup of tea hence his regular score of 3 but the two worst and pivotal defensive performance this season remain JCS at Millwall and Cook at Sheffield Wednesday whereas one if not the best was Dunne at Preston.

In a team where too many hide, I'll always give credit to the very few who don't.

Maybe if Cook or JCS starting breaking the line forward like Dunne occasionally does we wouldn't be turning in performances like Stoke too often.

Still with our fan base it's very easy to hide, draw your big wages and head home not giving a monkeys.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:11 - Feb 17 with 1124 viewskensalriser

Dunne has been poor for quite a while. It's why he's not in the first 11.

Not sure when Dickie was ever a £5m player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview (n/t) on 12:18 - Feb 17 with 1115 viewstommytanker

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:33 - Feb 17 with 1089 viewstraininvain

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 09:16 - Feb 17 by ParkRoyalR

On the basis you've seen Dickie play every game this season?

Or on the basis Dunne's playing in a team with a dysfunctional attack that is amongst the lowest scorers in the league and every goal conceded means a likely draw or defeat?

Dunne is one of the very very few players who wears our shirt with pride.

I get he's not Northern's cup of tea hence his regular score of 3 but the two worst and pivotal defensive performance this season remain JCS at Millwall and Cook at Sheffield Wednesday whereas one if not the best was Dunne at Preston.

In a team where too many hide, I'll always give credit to the very few who don't.

Maybe if Cook or JCS starting breaking the line forward like Dunne occasionally does we wouldn't be turning in performances like Stoke too often.

Still with our fan base it's very easy to hide, draw your big wages and head home not giving a monkeys.

I’d wear our shirt with pride but it doesn’t mean I should be anywhere near our first team. Fortunately Marti seems to have worked out that starting Dunne isn’t a recipe for success hence why he’s barely played a minute during our recent upturn in form.

It’s a shame that we sold Dickie last summer and not Dunne.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:29 - Feb 17 with 984 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:33 - Feb 17 by traininvain

I’d wear our shirt with pride but it doesn’t mean I should be anywhere near our first team. Fortunately Marti seems to have worked out that starting Dunne isn’t a recipe for success hence why he’s barely played a minute during our recent upturn in form.

It’s a shame that we sold Dickie last summer and not Dunne.

And you were saying.....
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:32 - Feb 17 with 962 viewstraininvain

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:29 - Feb 17 by ParkRoyalR

And you were saying.....

Very happy to be wrong today! Much improved performance from Dunne.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 927 viewsPetros

Loved Dunne’s performance today. Clearly not a full back, looked occasionally clumsy, sliced one or two into the stand - but obeyed orders to push forward, took on his man a couple of times, maintained good concentration, strong in the air. The series of 50-50s at the end was superb. The very definition of whole-hearted.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:44 - Feb 17 with 892 viewsParkRoyalR

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 17:38 - Feb 17 by Petros

Loved Dunne’s performance today. Clearly not a full back, looked occasionally clumsy, sliced one or two into the stand - but obeyed orders to push forward, took on his man a couple of times, maintained good concentration, strong in the air. The series of 50-50s at the end was superb. The very definition of whole-hearted.

Well said TraininVain and this is what Dunne brings,

I get he's not everyone's cup of tea in the same way a few examples of Cook hanging out his teammates + JCS bottling challenges flicks my switch,

But Dunne is brave to a fault and will show courage with the ball when other better technical players will hide,

Whether we stay up or not he is the type we should all want at our club next season, one of the very few who cares.
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 19:13 - Feb 17 with 816 viewsLandshark

Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 12:11 - Feb 17 by kensalriser

Dunne has been poor for quite a while. It's why he's not in the first 11.

Not sure when Dickie was ever a £5m player.

£10 million according to this click bait website before he had his slump season for us.

https://www.teamtalk.com/everton/rob-dickie-steady-rise-championship-ace-continu
Dickie starring as pieces start to fall into place for Robins – Interview on 21:23 - Feb 17 with 723 viewsNortholt_Rs

The Little Dickie song today was class! Loved it.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024