Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martí Cifuentes. 17:10 - Mar 2 with 14637 viewsted_hendrix

Are you kidding me, where the hell did he come from and what the f uck Is going on?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:59 - Mar 2 with 3499 viewsHAYESBOY

He's alright......

Smells like a trout farm in here

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:06 - Mar 2 with 3411 viewsstrikerace

Didn't I read that we were considering Marti when we picked Gareth. Yeah, good choice back then
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 3400 viewsaston_hoop

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:06 - Mar 2 by strikerace

Didn't I read that we were considering Marti when we picked Gareth. Yeah, good choice back then

I think Les said we couldn't afford the buyout of his contract at that point? became a lot easier once the Swedish season was ending.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:10 - Mar 2 with 3357 viewsSuperhoops2808

Martí Cifuentes. on 18:07 - Mar 2 by aston_hoop

I think Les said we couldn't afford the buyout of his contract at that point? became a lot easier once the Swedish season was ending.

I thought this was the reason too...

People need to stop beating the club with a stick for something that was really out of their control to a point!!
Martí Cifuentes. on 18:26 - Mar 2 with 3215 viewscheeseydane

Not too shabby M.C. Thought we were so organised and defensively, the best this season. Whilst always potentially a threat .

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Martí Cifuentes. on 19:44 - Mar 2 with 2954 viewsBoston

Yes barman, make mine a Martini.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:05 - Mar 2 with 2856 viewsstainrods_elbow

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:30 - Mar 2 by aston_hoop

He's the real deal. The best thing about this club right now, as Clive has mentioned in his reports a few times

I'd agree - as long as we all now finally acknowledge the players never were the utter cack most of us vehemently insisted.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:05 - Mar 2 with 2895 viewsfraserc

Only (s)marti(es) have the answer!
Login to get fewer ads

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:35 - Mar 2 with 2805 viewsessextaxiboy

Hopefully he stays with us and see where he can take us , but Nourry should start to formulate a list of continuity targets if we should lose him .
Martí Cifuentes. on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 2728 viewsRanger_Things

Martí Cifuentes. on 17:57 - Mar 2 by ytt28

And also, well done to whomever identified him as the right man for the QPR job.

Evil Les?
Martí Cifuentes. on 20:49 - Mar 2 with 2673 viewsSuperhoops2808

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:05 - Mar 2 by stainrods_elbow

I'd agree - as long as we all now finally acknowledge the players never were the utter cack most of us vehemently insisted.

Lets be fair, there you have posted a few times about the lack of faith in him, considering he has only been here for a short time.

I do however agree, before he came along, it was a rudderless ship that the players had given up on. Certainly had the talent just not the correct guidance.
Martí Cifuentes. on 20:57 - Mar 2 with 2642 viewsWatfordR

I have two thoughts about all this,

Thought number one. We survive. MC gets a close season to mould a squad that he wants. And then we will have a season to really enjoy before he gets picked off by a bigger club. But having a decent squad to push on with, we'll be able to attract a clone of MC from abroad, and kick on again from there. And in 10 years from now, we'll be able to look back on the appointment of MC as the turning point in our club's modern history.

Thought number two. We are not allowed nice things. And an approach from Barcelona is probably only a few months away.
Martí Cifuentes. on 21:44 - Mar 2 with 2488 viewsaussiehoop

Martí Cifuentes. on 20:57 - Mar 2 by WatfordR

I have two thoughts about all this,

Thought number one. We survive. MC gets a close season to mould a squad that he wants. And then we will have a season to really enjoy before he gets picked off by a bigger club. But having a decent squad to push on with, we'll be able to attract a clone of MC from abroad, and kick on again from there. And in 10 years from now, we'll be able to look back on the appointment of MC as the turning point in our club's modern history.

Thought number two. We are not allowed nice things. And an approach from Barcelona is probably only a few months away.

To think he’s done this with a side that allegedly has a few bad apples in the squad. If he can keep us up I’m confident he can clear the rot and reset the squad culturally next season… then who knows how far he/we can go!
Martí Cifuentes. on 22:38 - Mar 2 with 2336 viewsjohnhoop

Martí Cifuentes. on 21:44 - Mar 2 by aussiehoop

To think he’s done this with a side that allegedly has a few bad apples in the squad. If he can keep us up I’m confident he can clear the rot and reset the squad culturally next season… then who knows how far he/we can go!

Especially if we get the boost of a sell on fee from Eze being transferred to help him strengthen the squad.
[Post edited 3 Mar 5:40]
Martí Cifuentes. on 00:11 - Mar 3 with 2159 viewsjtuck

Dozzell loan to Brum real sliding doors turning point. Also, there is some Ainsworth legacy in that Cook, Colback and Smyth all playing key parts in survival fight. Even fans least favourite Begovic at the very least no worse than Seny Dieng last season.

LAranger

Martí Cifuentes. on 04:37 - Mar 3 with 2016 viewsQuillPenRiot

Thinking that we stay up, have more financial room next year, we’re in the playoffs with Marti, i think he’s that good. Martinis are that good too
Martí Cifuentes. on 08:06 - Mar 3 with 1848 viewsdm97

Just as Critchley never felt like he fit with us, Marti has felt right from the moment he walked in. Praying it falls in our favour and we beat the drop. Would be more optimistic about next season than many in last decade
Martí Cifuentes. on 08:42 - Mar 3 with 1748 viewsDorse

I have said previously that in the final weeks of Gaz's tenure, I couldn't stand the players, club, Jude, box office Connor etc. I genuinely thought I hated them.

However, when Marti arrived, I likened it to watching a gripping box-set, where all these old characters that you previously thought were dead or were baddies are revealed to be on the side of the angels but just needed to be forgiven or that they weren't dead, they'd been held hostage, have escaped and are slowly rebuilding their lives etc.

Every week is a new twist: Dunne, shunned and broken, re-emerges as a right back and shows his love for us all; Dykes, a man whose blood type is tattoo ink, pilloried for his lack of goals, poor link up play and lack of vision, splits the opposition centre backs with his run, looks up and lays on a cross that opens the scoring; a club with no hope, no cash and in the mire suddenly unveils 4 new players, all of whom make us better; the club with no chance, goes away to the runaway leaders and schools them in what counterattacking football looks like, with a squad built from Lego...

I mean, come on. Who's writing this stuff? Can't wait for the next episode.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 1569 viewsKensal_Ranger

Martí Cifuentes. on 08:42 - Mar 3 by Dorse

I have said previously that in the final weeks of Gaz's tenure, I couldn't stand the players, club, Jude, box office Connor etc. I genuinely thought I hated them.

However, when Marti arrived, I likened it to watching a gripping box-set, where all these old characters that you previously thought were dead or were baddies are revealed to be on the side of the angels but just needed to be forgiven or that they weren't dead, they'd been held hostage, have escaped and are slowly rebuilding their lives etc.

Every week is a new twist: Dunne, shunned and broken, re-emerges as a right back and shows his love for us all; Dykes, a man whose blood type is tattoo ink, pilloried for his lack of goals, poor link up play and lack of vision, splits the opposition centre backs with his run, looks up and lays on a cross that opens the scoring; a club with no hope, no cash and in the mire suddenly unveils 4 new players, all of whom make us better; the club with no chance, goes away to the runaway leaders and schools them in what counterattacking football looks like, with a squad built from Lego...

I'll get the munchies and the gargle...
Martí Cifuentes. on 10:44 - Mar 3 with 1512 viewsgazza1

MC is a very educated Football Coach, lots of ideas to improve the Team, gives all the players a chance.....a proper manager, coach whatever you want to call it.

& btw this is happening without a DofF.......whatever that role is because I do not know.

Also, he is not going anywhere either......relegated or not.
Martí Cifuentes. on 10:54 - Mar 3 with 1497 viewsbaz_qpr

He seems to have a really good blend between man management, tactical acumen and coaching. We are seeing for the first time in a long time our players getting better.

However let's not underestimate what a transfer window we just had, where we strengthened all over the park and now with real competition for most places. In addition the medical / performance team have given us a full roster for the best part of two months
Martí Cifuentes. on 13:49 - Mar 3 with 1363 viewslondonscottish

Martí Cifuentes. on 08:42 - Mar 3 by Dorse

On top of all that, we've found a way to stop conceding from every single set piece and actually scored from one yesterday. One of the many interesting sub-plots.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:53 - Mar 3 with 1341 viewsRs_Holy

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:16 - Mar 2 by QPR_John

Be a lot of job offers coming his way soon
[Post edited 2 Mar 17:17]

Yep… but it was good while it lasted
Martí Cifuentes. on 14:23 - Mar 3 with 1223 viewskensalriser

Martí Cifuentes. on 10:44 - Mar 3 by gazza1

MC is a very educated Football Coach, lots of ideas to improve the Team, gives all the players a chance.....a proper manager, coach whatever you want to call it.

& btw this is happening without a DofF.......whatever that role is because I do not know.

Also, he is not going anywhere either......relegated or not.

Agree with your last point. All the separation anxiety is a bit silly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Martí Cifuentes. on 15:00 - Mar 3 with 1133 viewstraininvain

Martí Cifuentes. on 14:23 - Mar 3 by kensalriser

Agree with your last point. All the separation anxiety is a bit silly.

The truth is that none of know for sure but maybe some are feeling a bit anxious after what happened with Beale.

It wouldn’t be that surprising if a top championship or relegated premiership club comes knocking or even Brighton if De Zerbi leaves in the summer given they pinched Potter from Swansea following a similar career trajectory.

But no point worrying about something that’s completely beyond all of our control!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024