Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread 21:09 - Mar 7 with 23202 viewsSpaceman_P

After our tremendous performance last night and my subsequent non-loss in the match thread stakes.

It's that time again!!! yep, the match thread... If we lose, I will leave them for the remaining part of the season and someone else can try their luck.

But given the confidence and general good vibes since the reign of the Marti, the Calm and the Holy Hodge, we've got this.

QPR 2 - BORO(ING) 1

Goals coming from Willock if he starts and Frey or Dykes if either of them starts.

Are you guys as hot n boro'ed as I am right now or is the room feeling a bit Marti.

ONWARDS

Paul

[Post edited 7 Mar 21:13]
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:11 - Mar 9 with 1981 viewsrbee

Sunderland have lost their last six, what could possibly go wrong next Saturday?
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:16 - Mar 9 with 1873 viewsDamo1962

I just can't get my head around why we are so bad at LR. It's been like this for a long time now...and nothing seems to be done about it. When all is said and done, we have dropped five points and four goals against two pretty average teams in a week. Defence seems to be creaking again as well. I'm glad when we play away TBH.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:21 - Mar 9 with 1792 viewsted_hendrix

Architects of our own downfall.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:22 - Mar 9 with 1745 viewsstainrods_elbow

Over-reaction from one or two here. I thought today would be tough, especially after all the efforts and emotion v Leicester and West Brom. It was a good first half, when we should have been ahead, but we didn't get going at the start of the second, Smyth messed a promising opportunity, they get their noses in front, and it was difficult for us to wrestle back the initiative after that. Chair was sub-par for me, as he was on Wednesday. Dykes was also the wrong sub and added nothing - it should have been Armstrong for Frey. However, our heads are still just above water, and we go again at Sunderland.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:24 - Mar 9 with 1735 viewsmart_Goblin

Hopefully that was just fatigue and we can draw a line under it and move on because it was pretty poor. Fans were flat too I thought like we hadn’t recovered from the rollercoaster of emotions on Wednesday .

First time in a while the subs didn’t help but I think it’s because the players still on the pitch were running on empty too. Colback’s suspension has set him back to being a yard slow to every 50/50. He had just turned that around before his suspension. Chair, Paal, Willock, Field,Frey,Dunne and the 2 CB’s all looked flat or knackered . From the Loft end it looked like the lump in goal could have done better for both . The first similar to Watford’s 1st where he just doesn’t move his feet and goes over like a lumberjack has just cut him down . At the other end and ain’t seen them back so could he wrong .

Let’s hope they go again and raise levels next Saturday . All starting to look dodgy again.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:27 - Mar 9 with 1662 viewskarlski

Next games away at Sunderland who've lost their last 6 and Birmingham at home will go a long way to determining outcome of this season. Keep the faith - we know this team can do it and they're not short on effort.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 9 with 1529 viewsQPsyR

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:07 - Mar 9 by PunteR

That's what crossed my mind.

Yeah BurgerVan (TM) looked like the runt of the litter baby seal trying to catch a fish thrown on the second goal....Chelsea Cnt ;-)

More importantly, are you playing tonight at 8.00?
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:50]

FKA AcidPixie

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:43 - Mar 9 with 1419 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:48 - Mar 9 by stainrods_elbow

Stoke now 2-1 at Preston, ffs. (Don't shoot the messenger!)

By all accounts an own goal and a fluke.
Login to get fewer ads

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:44 - Mar 9 with 1420 viewsSteveB

The most predictable thing ever that result today. Chatting to the people around me, we all agreed that we really, really need an early goal. Our race was run by half time.

Could go on a bit of a rant, some really sub par performances, especially 2nd half - but it's been a good few weeks, so slack needs to be cut I reckon. Onwards & upwards, we will win next week.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 1391 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 9 by QPsyR

Yeah BurgerVan (TM) looked like the runt of the litter baby seal trying to catch a fish thrown on the second goal....Chelsea Cnt ;-)

He's diabolical. Personally, I'd rather have Walsh in goal but I know that's not going to happen. Just hope we've got enough to stay up and then we can write him off and sign a proper goalie for next season. I just worry that he will cost us a few more times this season...
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 1390 viewslave16

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:35 - Mar 9 by QPsyR

If West brom beat Huddersfield we are in the same position we were yesterday with one less game to play. We would have taken 4 points from the Leicester, Wes brom and Middlesbrough games before them. However we probably all felt we would pick up the points differently.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:46 - Mar 9 with 1379 viewsrbee

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 by karlski

am i harsh for thinking Begovic could have done better for both goals? reaction time

If you look back to the goal that we conceded at Leicester where Beogovic punched the free kick back in to the middle of the penalty area he struggled to get up again, no attempt to save any incoming effort.

He is either carrying an injury or is simply too old now. With the first today there was no quick adjustment of feet, no spring in the dive. A good old flap for the second, I could not believe that the ball had gone in.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 9 with 1333 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 16:55 - Mar 9 by karlski

am i harsh for thinking Begovic could have done better for both goals? reaction time

I don't think he could've done much for the first goal. The defence were drawn to the ball and left Lath in space. Tidy finish from the Boro striker; it looked in from the moment it left his boot. However, the second was poor from Begovic. The goalscorer, Forss, was beyond the far post. His only option was to head back towards goal, something Begovic failed to anticipate. He is starting to look his age.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:52]
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:54 - Mar 9 with 1272 viewsnadera78

Frey, Field and Cook all looked completely shagged out. Wilock and Chair back to their ball-hogging worst, unwilling to put crosses into the box. Begovic at fault for both goals - just collapsed for the first one and should never concede a header from that angle for the second.

Best thing we can do is forget it and move on. Take a few days rest, then prepare for Sunderland.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 19:25 - Mar 9 with 999 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 17:10 - Mar 9 by Benny_the_Ball

After the lord mayor's show. Lacking in energy from the start and the subs did little to change that. Pivotal moment for me was Smyth going round Seny but not taking the chance. Moments later Boro go ahead. We never looked like getting back into it after that. The upcoming 6 pointers against Plymouth and Birmingham now looking big. Players need to rest up, recuperate, and bounce back.

Fair assessment, Benny.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 9 with 927 viewsSpaceman_P

I hereby hand in my P45 for the Match Thread's. I'll try again when we're in League 1.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 21:51 - Mar 9 with 774 viewsrbee

Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 9 by Spaceman_P

I hereby hand in my P45 for the Match Thread's. I'll try again when we're in League 1.

Resignation not accepted, carry on good man.
Hot N Boro'ed QPR vs Middlesbrough Match Thread on 21:54 - Mar 9 with 764 viewsguitarzan

I think the ten points you got us might just save us. Much appreciated
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024