Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Predictor - final table 11:22 - Mar 16 with 35040 viewsRed_Ranger

You know the thing.
Fill in your predicted results of remaining games.
Throws up final table
Anyone done one/ got one to share?
BBC used to do one , cant see one on their site.

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:29 - Apr 2 with 3211 viewsTheChef

We're in good form and relatively injury free so I'm feeling quite optimistic going into these last few games.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:32 - Apr 2 with 3172 viewsLazyFan

SW have to win now, it's do-or-die time for them.

This puts massive pressure on them; it will be tense. Even if they score first the pressure will still be on as we have shown against Brum we can come back from 1-0 down.

If it's a draw with 10 minutes to go, they have to go for it, and we can hit them hard with Smyth and Armstrong on the break.

I expect Frey, Willock, Paal, Anderson and Hayden to start against SW. Our squad has been managed well, they should be fresh and free of injury. Swansea and Leics were bonus wins. It means we can even afford to lose to SW.

I suspect we won't, I think we shall win and finish them off, secure our safety in the same match.

zzzzzzzzzz

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:16 - Apr 2 with 3046 viewsderbyhoop

Championship Predictor - final table on 12:55 - Apr 2 by daveB

Saturdays game is massive for us really, don't lose and keep that gap we should have 1 foot in the division, win and we are pretty much safe

We are still a bad week away from being in serious trouble again despite a brilliant weekend

I feel the same. Beating Wednesday would be great but it's more must not lose rather than must win.
I re-did the prediction and got us 51 points,I.e. 1 win, 2 draws. We finish 17th. I don't think that is foolishly optimistic.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 2992 viewsHastings_Hoops

We’ll secure 18 points from the remaining matches and finish 10th.
Championship Predictor - final table on 16:38 - Apr 2 with 2942 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:18 - Apr 2 by kensalriser

People have been really emotionally damaged this season! SW is a big game no doubt, but it would be much bigger if we hadn't won the last two.

We'd pretty much have to lose all our remaining games to have a serious chance of going down now. We have lost six games in a row this season, and we lost six out of seven under Marti, but as it stands we've lost two out of the last 13, we're 3rd in the form table over the last eight and most importantly performances have been generally decent and we're hard to score against.

If you still think we're in trouble you can get 22/1 on relegation. Lowest odds are 10/1.

We only have to lose the next 2 to be back in big trouble
Championship Predictor - final table on 16:54 - Apr 2 with 2879 viewsQPROslo

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:32 - Apr 2 by LazyFan

This puts massive pressure on them; it will be tense. Even if they score first the pressure will still be on as we have shown against Brum we can come back from 1-0 down.

If it's a draw with 10 minutes to go, they have to go for it, and we can hit them hard with Smyth and Armstrong on the break.

I expect Frey, Willock, Paal, Anderson and Hayden to start against SW. Our squad has been managed well, they should be fresh and free of injury. Swansea and Leics were bonus wins. It means we can even afford to lose to SW.

I suspect we won't, I think we shall win and finish them off, secure our safety in the same match.

The only team that will be finished off after next weekends games will be Rotherham if they fail to beat Plymouth.
Championship Predictor - final table on 18:21 - Apr 2 with 2737 viewsQPRConor2000

Championship Predictor - final table on 15:32 - Apr 2 by LazyFan

I agree with this, pressure is firmly on Sheff Wed for Saturday, if we win that then we already have one foot towards safety, win both games against Sheff Wed and Plymouth and that us pretty much safe.

by winning both we would be on 52 which would be more than enough you'd think.
Championship Predictor - final table on 18:23 - Apr 2 with 2716 viewsGaryBannister86

Championship Predictor - final table on 18:21 - Apr 2 by QPRConor2000

I agree with this, pressure is firmly on Sheff Wed for Saturday, if we win that then we already have one foot towards safety, win both games against Sheff Wed and Plymouth and that us pretty much safe.

by winning both we would be on 52 which would be more than enough you'd think.

I'm normally very pessimistic but I think we are ignoring the fact that there are quite a few teams involved here who are now below us. Logic means at least two will carry on their poor form, and even if not there are a few games where they take points off each other.

One more win will do it in my book, doubly so if that is against Sheff Wed or Plymouth.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship Predictor - final table on 19:18 - Apr 2 with 2575 viewskensalriser

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:38 - Apr 2 by daveB

As I said, damaged!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Championship Predictor - final table on 21:29 - Apr 2 with 2414 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 19:18 - Apr 2 by kensalriser

As I said, damaged!

It was only a few weeks ago when anyone suggesting we were not already relegated was kidding themselves, things change quickly. We should be OK from here but as I say it will only take 2 bad results to have us back in trouble. These next 2 games are massive, same as last weekend we need to keep this going
Championship Predictor - final table on 21:55 - Apr 2 with 2348 viewsGaryBannister86

Championship Predictor - final table on 21:29 - Apr 2 by daveB

It was only a few weeks ago when anyone suggesting we were not already relegated was kidding themselves, things change quickly. We should be OK from here but as I say it will only take 2 bad results to have us back in trouble. These next 2 games are massive, same as last weekend we need to keep this going

Obviously we need to have that mentality, but thanks to last weekend these games are no longer massive in that we can lose them both and still stay up quite comfortably.

It's like - as you say - a few months ago when some were saying "that's it we're down", that was ridiculous; but it is also ridiculous now to be overly worried when we are 22/1 to go down - there's a reason for that. Only six games to go, plenty of teams below us, and two very winnable home games to come. If we were truly cynical, and Marti is far too good for that, we could park the bus for Sheff Wed, Plymouth and Preston and try and guarantee at least two 0-0 draws. That would almost certainly be enough.

I would not be surprised if we look back at the final table and realise that we were actually as good as safe now. Some of those sides below us won't get 6 more points, let alone 9 or 10. Look at Sheff Weds and Hudds fixtures. They will be doing really well to win half of those to squeeze above us, and even if that happens, we are in the sort of form where you would fancy us to sneak at least one more win from somewhere. And of course if they do get 9+ points each, that will mean they have beaten other sides below us (Stoke, Blackburn, Millwall, Birmingham) which would mean those sides are most likely tanking and we therefore won't need many points to finish above them.

Probably :-). Will have a saver on that 22/1 just in case. Maybe Nourry should stick a few quid on too....
Championship Predictor - final table on 23:50 - Apr 2 with 2199 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 21:55 - Apr 2 by GaryBannister86

Obviously we need to have that mentality, but thanks to last weekend these games are no longer massive in that we can lose them both and still stay up quite comfortably.

It's like - as you say - a few months ago when some were saying "that's it we're down", that was ridiculous; but it is also ridiculous now to be overly worried when we are 22/1 to go down - there's a reason for that. Only six games to go, plenty of teams below us, and two very winnable home games to come. If we were truly cynical, and Marti is far too good for that, we could park the bus for Sheff Wed, Plymouth and Preston and try and guarantee at least two 0-0 draws. That would almost certainly be enough.

I would not be surprised if we look back at the final table and realise that we were actually as good as safe now. Some of those sides below us won't get 6 more points, let alone 9 or 10. Look at Sheff Weds and Hudds fixtures. They will be doing really well to win half of those to squeeze above us, and even if that happens, we are in the sort of form where you would fancy us to sneak at least one more win from somewhere. And of course if they do get 9+ points each, that will mean they have beaten other sides below us (Stoke, Blackburn, Millwall, Birmingham) which would mean those sides are most likely tanking and we therefore won't need many points to finish above them.

Probably :-). Will have a saver on that 22/1 just in case. Maybe Nourry should stick a few quid on too....

if we lose them both we'll at best be only 1/2 points clear of relegation, I think we'll need 51 points to be safe, i can see a few teams below us getting to around 50. Quicker we get there the better
Championship Predictor - final table on 01:03 - Apr 3 with 2123 viewsSydneyRs

6 point gap is essentially 7 due to goal difference too.

Our task is to not get 7 points less than SW and Huddersfield over 6 games.
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:14 - Apr 3 with 1914 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 01:03 - Apr 3 by SydneyRs

6 point gap is essentially 7 due to goal difference too.

Our task is to not get 7 points less than SW and Huddersfield over 6 games.

I always think look at the gap if we win or lose the next one. Perfect weekend we are 9 points clear and laughing, bad one and it's down to 3 again with no wriggle room

The general mood of we're now safe feet up for the season is a worry for me, we're at our most vulnerable when we think we've achieved something

If we stray up (and I think we will) then we'll look back on last weekend as the one which swung it for us same as in 2007 when we won twice over Easter but Saturday is a big game still and one where it can swing back in the wrong direction. We need a full house again and the same kind of positive atmosphere rather than turn up expecting to win
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:17 - Apr 3 with 1891 viewsGaryBannister86

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:14 - Apr 3 by daveB

I always think look at the gap if we win or lose the next one. Perfect weekend we are 9 points clear and laughing, bad one and it's down to 3 again with no wriggle room

The general mood of we're now safe feet up for the season is a worry for me, we're at our most vulnerable when we think we've achieved something

If we stray up (and I think we will) then we'll look back on last weekend as the one which swung it for us same as in 2007 when we won twice over Easter but Saturday is a big game still and one where it can swing back in the wrong direction. We need a full house again and the same kind of positive atmosphere rather than turn up expecting to win

Now I totally agree with that, Dave. It would be very QPR for fans and players to turn up on Sat and think job done, wait for a 3-0 win and safety assured.

I can see us doing exactly that and losing, then getting beat on Tues. Where I disagree with you is that it is still easily rescuable from there - home to Preston with something on it should be winnable.

And I've just looked at Birmingham fixtures (yes, you are even worrying me!) and they could easily not go above us even if we didn't get another point.

Or should we all pile on to that 22/1?
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:28 - Apr 3 with 1867 viewsdaveB

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:17 - Apr 3 by GaryBannister86

Now I totally agree with that, Dave. It would be very QPR for fans and players to turn up on Sat and think job done, wait for a 3-0 win and safety assured.

I can see us doing exactly that and losing, then getting beat on Tues. Where I disagree with you is that it is still easily rescuable from there - home to Preston with something on it should be winnable.

And I've just looked at Birmingham fixtures (yes, you are even worrying me!) and they could easily not go above us even if we didn't get another point.

Or should we all pile on to that 22/1?

As I say I don't think we'll go down mainly as I trust this manager to get us 2 more wins so I'm not looking to worry anyone but I do think we need 2 more wins to be safe so it only takes 2 bad results for us and that Preston game after everyone else has played is a real pressure one

Complacency is our biggest problem now and credit to the players listening to Steve Cook after the game he pretty much said the same thing that this is far from done

When we drew with Huddersfield and lost to Watford as down as we all were I did think it would just take one good weekend and the picture looks very different which is what happened when we beat Blackburn so it stands to reason the same applies to one bad weekend changing everything in the wrong direction
Championship Predictor - final table on 10:31 - Apr 3 with 1853 viewsGaryBannister86

Championship Predictor - final table on 10:28 - Apr 3 by daveB

As I say I don't think we'll go down mainly as I trust this manager to get us 2 more wins so I'm not looking to worry anyone but I do think we need 2 more wins to be safe so it only takes 2 bad results for us and that Preston game after everyone else has played is a real pressure one

Complacency is our biggest problem now and credit to the players listening to Steve Cook after the game he pretty much said the same thing that this is far from done

When we drew with Huddersfield and lost to Watford as down as we all were I did think it would just take one good weekend and the picture looks very different which is what happened when we beat Blackburn so it stands to reason the same applies to one bad weekend changing everything in the wrong direction

Yep - you are right - but the major difference is there are only six games to go.

I am trying to convince myself we are safe. I think putting a £5 on at 22/1 will doubly ensure that we are, now that you have worried me :-)
Championship Predictor - final table on 17:31 - Apr 3 with 1598 viewsE17hoop

Championship Predictor - final table on 00:20 - Apr 2 by E17hoop

Updated yesterday - 1 in 9 chance of going down:
[Post edited 2 Apr 0:22]

Updated after Swansea - we're a one in 30 chance to be relegated:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Championship Predictor - final table on 23:03 - Apr 3 with 1440 viewsconnell10

We have been renamed Queens Pessimistic Rangers.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Championship Predictor - final table on 01:25 - Apr 4 with 1342 viewsQuillPenRiot

Imagine what a loss would do to morale? I know our back 4 will fight collapse, but bad luck could squeak out 2 losses for us. Nothing given yet, not time to relax the sphincter
Championship Predictor - final table on 06:48 - Apr 4 with 1217 viewsstainrods_elbow

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:16 - Apr 2 by derbyhoop

I feel the same. Beating Wednesday would be great but it's more must not lose rather than must win.
I re-did the prediction and got us 51 points,I.e. 1 win, 2 draws. We finish 17th. I don't think that is foolishly optimistic.

I don't think we'll lose 3 of our final 6; I reckon a minimum return of 2W, 2D and 2L is more likely. 54 points to finish . . . and breathe.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Championship Predictor - final table on 06:49 - Apr 4 with 1215 viewsstainrods_elbow

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:38 - Apr 2 by daveB

That's the spirit! Won't happen (I hope).

Championship Predictor - final table on 06:51 - Apr 4 with 1202 viewsstainrods_elbow

Championship Predictor - final table on 16:54 - Apr 2 by QPROslo

The only team that will be finished off after next weekends games will be Rotherham if they fail to beat Plymouth.

Which is why I fancy them to pierce the faith of The Pilgrims. They know they're as good as down, so they'll be nowt-to-lose relaxed, and do us (all) another favour into the bargain.

Championship Predictor - final table on 21:20 - Apr 4 with 942 viewscaptainmycaptian

Championship Predictor - final table on 17:31 - Apr 3 by E17hoop

Updated after Swansea - we're a one in 30 chance to be relegated:

The battle is far from won. Need to avoid defeat which would.boost Wednesday and Plymouth (who will beat Rotherham). A draw is a decent result as it keeps the gap between us and Wednesday to 7. With Huddersfield playing the Wall. We could even gain a point on the bottom three with a draw. Wednesday will come at us with all guns blazing, they have too. Be warned this is going to be a tough game for Rangers.
Championship Predictor - final table on 22:02 - Apr 4 with 847 viewssaxbend

I think we need 6 more points before the job is done. If we get them in the next two games, great, we can really enjoy the end of the season. 2 points is our minimum requirement from Saturday and Tuesday to not be back to worrying as we were before. 3 or 4 and we'll still be feeling just as positive as we are now at least. Assuming we avoid any injuries or suspensions that is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024