Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England - Chel*** players 19:51 - Mar 23 with 5831 viewsdavman

Gallagher and Chillwell utterly garbage tonight. Just like Mount and James have been for England in the last couple of years. I know I'm biased, but wtf has a mid table team got two players in this England team for?

Southgate is England's biggest handicap.

Maguire too - needs a new club. Shocking.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

England - Chel*** players on 10:26 - Mar 25 with 1227 viewsCamberleyR

England - Chel*** players on 10:15 - Mar 25 by TheChef

I have mixed feelings about Southgate but when he does go I'm curious who replaces him, and whether that person actually does any better.

We're going to Wembley tomorrow night but my entertainment expectations are fairly low!

Would Klopp fancy it?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England - Chel*** players on 10:27 - Mar 25 with 1218 viewsNorthernr

It'll be Potter won't it? As we stand now?...
England - Chel*** players on 10:31 - Mar 25 with 1201 viewsdaveB

England - Chel*** players on 10:15 - Mar 25 by TheChef

I have mixed feelings about Southgate but when he does go I'm curious who replaces him, and whether that person actually does any better.

We're going to Wembley tomorrow night but my entertainment expectations are fairly low!

It will either be Eddie Howe or Lee Carsley imo

I don't see many/any other English candidates and with so many big jobs available this summer (Bayern, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca) the best foreign ones are not going to be coming to us
England - Chel*** players on 10:49 - Mar 25 with 1168 viewstraininvain

England - Chel*** players on 10:25 - Mar 25 by daveB

Thing is with Bellingham he's not played what central midfield position all season and is one of the best players in the world at the moment playing further forward so if Southgate did play him in a midfield 2 with Rice and it goes wrong wouldn't the argument be won't don't you play him further forward where he plays for his club.

I'm hoping Mainoo gets a go tomorrow and does well, a midfield of him, Rice and Bellingham is quite exciting with possibility of Trent or Maddison coming in as cover. Gallagher has been quite good this season from what I've seen but was poor at the weekend and struggle to see him starting games for England

The 2 defensive midfield players thing is due to how deep Kane drops so you don't want a number 10 in the area Kane plays in and the midfield is a bit deeper to start with one of them breaking past Kane, usually Bellingham in recent years but by him playing that role for Madrid he is a lot better at it and can take advantage of what Kane does a lot better than what he did before so i think we'll see Bellingham used in that 10 role a lot more going forward

The double pivot in central midfield is also designed to try and compensate for our weaknesses in defence. They’d be more exposed with just one holding midfielder, particularly against the top teams.
England - Chel*** players on 10:49 - Mar 25 with 1166 viewsdaveB

England - Chel*** players on 10:27 - Mar 25 by Northernr

It'll be Potter won't it? As we stand now?...

No chance, he's damaged goods since the Chelsea gig, couldn't even get the Palace job
England - Chel*** players on 11:00 - Mar 25 with 1124 viewsdaveB

England - Chel*** players on 10:49 - Mar 25 by traininvain

The double pivot in central midfield is also designed to try and compensate for our weaknesses in defence. They’d be more exposed with just one holding midfielder, particularly against the top teams.

yeah there is that as well with Maguire and Stones bringing the ball out so one of the midfielders drops back to centre half
England - Chel*** players on 11:16 - Mar 25 with 1099 viewsLblock

England - Chel*** players on 10:25 - Mar 25 by daveB

Thing is with Bellingham he's not played what central midfield position all season and is one of the best players in the world at the moment playing further forward so if Southgate did play him in a midfield 2 with Rice and it goes wrong wouldn't the argument be won't don't you play him further forward where he plays for his club.

I'm hoping Mainoo gets a go tomorrow and does well, a midfield of him, Rice and Bellingham is quite exciting with possibility of Trent or Maddison coming in as cover. Gallagher has been quite good this season from what I've seen but was poor at the weekend and struggle to see him starting games for England

The 2 defensive midfield players thing is due to how deep Kane drops so you don't want a number 10 in the area Kane plays in and the midfield is a bit deeper to start with one of them breaking past Kane, usually Bellingham in recent years but by him playing that role for Madrid he is a lot better at it and can take advantage of what Kane does a lot better than what he did before so i think we'll see Bellingham used in that 10 role a lot more going forward

I concur with that midfield

I know it's putting huge pressure on a young mans shoulders but as soon as I saw the Mainoo play for United I saw a star in the making. He ticks so many boxes with his only flaw at the moment seeming to be he is still building up stamina.
He is destined to be a world star and I'd have him in the squad for sure.

Rice is on a different level when he's firing and really can do the job of two people in there.

Bellingham -- made me eat my words!! I really couldn't see the fuss when he was getting picked early doors and I thought his first few caps weren't deserved. However how wrong was I? Absolute superstar already.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England - Chel*** players on 11:34 - Mar 25 with 1048 viewstraininvain

England - Chel*** players on 11:16 - Mar 25 by Lblock

I concur with that midfield

I know it's putting huge pressure on a young mans shoulders but as soon as I saw the Mainoo play for United I saw a star in the making. He ticks so many boxes with his only flaw at the moment seeming to be he is still building up stamina.
He is destined to be a world star and I'd have him in the squad for sure.

Rice is on a different level when he's firing and really can do the job of two people in there.

Bellingham -- made me eat my words!! I really couldn't see the fuss when he was getting picked early doors and I thought his first few caps weren't deserved. However how wrong was I? Absolute superstar already.

Bellingham is a level beyond anything I’ve ever seen in an England shirt. He’s world class on the pitch and a leader with confidence beyond his years.

You could see on Saturday that his Brazilian Real Madrid teammates have nothing but respect for him (and that’s been won this season) and look at the way he carries himself around them. A born leader.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1bmi8rf/real_madrid_players_bellingham_
Login to get fewer ads

England - Chel*** players on 18:07 - Mar 25 with 854 viewspaulparker

England - Chel*** players on 21:20 - Mar 23 by Antti_Heinola

Chilwell is our best lb when fit and in form but tonight aboit 4 left backs were out injured. Not much Southgate can do there. Bizarre comment about a mid table club: we were mid table when we all thought Les should be getting caps, and Cole Palmer also plays for them and you couldn’t ever say he doesn’t deserve to be in the squad.
Southgate’s the best manager england have had since Ramsey and he’ll win us a title this year.

£50 he doesn’t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England - Chel*** players on 18:18 - Mar 25 with 838 viewsgazza1

England - Chel*** players on 18:07 - Mar 25 by paulparker

£50 he doesn’t

Chilwell is not the best LB, he is average and will not be playing for Chelsea much longer. Poor selection - should have played a up & coming youngster. Plus you wont get a bet from Anti, no chance. Cant see us winning the Euro's but Im not sure there is a lot out there at he moment so we got a chance(ish).

Was Palmer injured or not selected??
England - Chel*** players on 18:51 - Mar 25 with 813 viewsWatford_Ranger

England - Chel*** players on 18:18 - Mar 25 by gazza1

Chilwell is not the best LB, he is average and will not be playing for Chelsea much longer. Poor selection - should have played a up & coming youngster. Plus you wont get a bet from Anti, no chance. Cant see us winning the Euro's but Im not sure there is a lot out there at he moment so we got a chance(ish).

Was Palmer injured or not selected??

Who is though? I had thought Rico Henry would kick on but he did his ACL. Trippier’s form has fallen off a cliff. Burn is awful. Shaw can be ok but probably not a lot in it. Doughty not really a full-back and not good enough anyway. It’s just a weak position for us.
England - Chel*** players on 08:07 - Mar 26 with 638 viewsgazza1

England - Chel*** players on 18:51 - Mar 25 by Watford_Ranger

Who is though? I had thought Rico Henry would kick on but he did his ACL. Trippier’s form has fallen off a cliff. Burn is awful. Shaw can be ok but probably not a lot in it. Doughty not really a full-back and not good enough anyway. It’s just a weak position for us.

Understand. I'd pick Shaw ahead of Chilwell - why play a player who is obviously not good enough any more?? Give another a chance, even a young promising lad if that is all that we have.
England - Chel*** players on 18:50 - Mar 26 with 492 viewsnumptydumpty

Would pick Shaw as starting left back but its a position England have little quality and in reality the best left back currently from all we have seen is Shaw and he is just an average international player at best.

Regards who replaces Southgate when the time goes, shout out for Gareth Ainsworth, could continue the style of play produced !!!! 😂

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

England - Chel*** players on 19:13 - Mar 26 with 464 viewstraininvain

Shaw’s injured as usual which is why he’s not starting. It’s a problem position for England along with centre back alongside Stones.

France have a much more balanced squad imo. Saliba can’t even get a game at centre back.
England - Chel*** players on 20:15 - Mar 26 with 408 viewsLanhoop

Shaw, when not injured is the starter. For me, Mitchell at Palace and Toffolo at Forest should be the backups. Chilwell isn’t the answer.
England - Chel*** players on 20:38 - Mar 26 with 334 viewstraininvain

Losing but I’ve been impressed with Mainoo who’s playing himself into contention to start alongside Rice at the Euros. Toney has also looked sharp.

Negatives- Dunk isn’t good enough for this level. He’s always had a mistake in him. I’d like to see Branthwaite get some minutes tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024