Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread 19:47 - Apr 1 with 34354 viewsMonkey_Roots

I’m not going to go into detail, but at the end of this we’re either dancing by the light of the moon, smothering ourselves in quince and remarking on what a lovely pussy looks like, or we’re going to be shovelling piggy-wig’s shıt into our mouths with a runcible spoon.

1-1
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:27 - Apr 6 with 1955 viewstraininvain

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:25 - Apr 6 by Gloucs_R

How am I a drama queen for saying we are back in the relegation mix if we lose both games????

Do I think we will get relegated? Honestly, don't know. I feel like we need another 4 points. Knowing us we will absolutely spank Leeds but lose the rest.

We could lose on Tuesday and still be 3/4pts clear hence why we’re 20/1 to get relegated. No need to panic just yet but I agree it’s not job done. We probably need another win and a draw.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:29 - Apr 6 with 1922 viewsjeffranger

Bloody awful performance & no urgency & lacklustre, never looked like scoring
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 1907 viewsbosh67

About the most QPR result ever. It's in the DNA to lose games like this. Doesn't matter how good the manager is. This is what we do. Luckily it is QPR so we'll beat Leeds and Coventry.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:40 - Apr 6 with 1744 viewsHunterhoop

That was the worst performance of the season.

Given the players we had available and picked, the opposition, the context of the game…that was the worst performance of the season.

Inexplicable and indefensible.

Players should hand their heads. I don’t blame Cifuentes today. He was desperately waving them to get up the pitch and press to no avail.

Do not believe this lot are fully the right sorts yet.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:42 - Apr 6 with 1696 viewsRs_Holy

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:30 - Apr 6 by bosh67

About the most QPR result ever. It's in the DNA to lose games like this. Doesn't matter how good the manager is. This is what we do. Luckily it is QPR so we'll beat Leeds and Coventry.

this ... as soon as Wednesday scored their first the result was never in doubt... 50 years of supporting QPR and some things never ever change :(
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:45 - Apr 6 with 1601 viewsstainrods_elbow

What, that not very good teams can put a good run together, but then lose a game?

Get a grip, seriously!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:51 - Apr 6 with 1535 viewsNorthantsHoop

Not acceptable Rangers we were awful, but when do we win 3 on the bounce, now need results at Plymouth and Hull. We just don't turn up at home and that has been our problem since Warburton left, we seem better away from LR.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:52 - Apr 6 with 1512 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just back, we were poor and I was getting a tad frustrated by the end.

A bad day at the office, hopefully that's our shit one out of the way for a while.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:57 - Apr 6 with 1469 viewsQPROslo

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 15:22 - Apr 6 by aston_hoop

Sam Field down with nobody around him. Not a great game to lose him with no Colback on the bench. Hopefully its nothing
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:22]

He's ok. He goes down holding a leg and grimacing after about 20 minutes of every game that's not going to well so the Manager can have a few words with them.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 1404 viewsManinBlack

As I said yesterday we don't like being favourites and it usually ends up with us playing crap when we expect to win. Very accommodating of us to gift Wednesday 6 points this season with another home debacle of one shot on target in the whole game.

It didn't help that Huddersfield got a 94th minute winner. With Huddersfield and Wednesday right behind Plymouth now that may well gee up Argyle to beat us particularly as they play Leicester next weekend so they really need the 3 points off us.

Plymouth will take encouragement from our dreadful record of one win in 11 games against teams in league 1 the previous season. In 2022-23 in 6 matches against Sunderland, Rotherham and Wigan we recorded one solitary win against Wigan who went back down.

This season we have played 5 matches against Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Plymouth with the grand total of zero wins and just one goal scored in a game we lost anyway. And we still can't beat Sunderland for good measure.

With this track record it is hard to find the belief that this shower will win their final game against a team in league one last season. Plymouth have a striker with 20 goals to his name this campaign but where is our attacking threat? I fear we might be back in the mire by the time we arrive in Hull.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 1402 viewsMelakaRanger

Willock spent
Chair selfish and predictable
Armstrong poor and not Championship standard
Dykes useless and also not Championship standard

I would have taken Willock off at half time and played Smyth.
Dykes is not part of the solution so he’s part of the problem

That said fine margins. Their first goal was a fluke. That doesn’t happen or Andersen scores it’s a different game. But we could have played another 6 hours and we wouldn’t have scored

We need somehow to survive this season and then have a clear out in the summer allowing a rebuild. Get rid of Dykes, Willock, Armstrong. Sell Chair. Start the rebuild from there
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:05 - Apr 6 with 1376 viewsMalintabuk

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:52 - Apr 6 by Metallica_Hoop

A bad day at the office, hopefully that's our shit one out of the way for a while.

Just back as well and flicked through the thread and think we need to have a little reality check here.
There is a very good reason we are 17th... we are not a very good team, and teams like ours often as not put in performances like that.
Marti as donevwonders with what he as. We are very organised defensively and mostly hard to beat, especially away. But at home we do not have the talent to beat teams it is as simple as that.
We have zero attacking strikers.... Dykes for years as stolen a living. Armstrong should not be a footballer, sorry he just shouldn't. Frey is slightly better but is never ever going to be our 15 goal a season striker
Today Wednesday out played us and it could have been more. The lad that replaced Padeva ripped us a new one. Everytime we managed to get forward they had 2 on us all the time.... and Bannen totally dominant in midfield, as he always is against us
We won't go down I don't believe as we will manage to scrap a win somewhere and even if we don't, a couple of draws
But we need a striker desperately next season
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:11 - Apr 6 with 1325 viewsnadera78

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:05 - Apr 6 by Malintabuk

Just back as well and flicked through the thread and think we need to have a little reality check here.
There is a very good reason we are 17th... we are not a very good team, and teams like ours often as not put in performances like that.
Marti as donevwonders with what he as. We are very organised defensively and mostly hard to beat, especially away. But at home we do not have the talent to beat teams it is as simple as that.
We have zero attacking strikers.... Dykes for years as stolen a living. Armstrong should not be a footballer, sorry he just shouldn't. Frey is slightly better but is never ever going to be our 15 goal a season striker
Today Wednesday out played us and it could have been more. The lad that replaced Padeva ripped us a new one. Everytime we managed to get forward they had 2 on us all the time.... and Bannen totally dominant in midfield, as he always is against us
We won't go down I don't believe as we will manage to scrap a win somewhere and even if we don't, a couple of draws

Wednesday were stronger, faster and more aggressive than us - and some of our players simply didn't want to know. I'm looking directly at Mr Willock here, amongst others but he was the worst for it.

In a way It's a good thing, just to remind ourselves that some of these guys simply aren't good enough and we'll be glad to see the back of them in the summer. A couple of recent wins ran the risk of papering over that. This squad still needs cleaning out.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:15 - Apr 6 with 1271 viewsStreathamRanger

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:11 - Apr 6 by nadera78

Wednesday were stronger, faster and more aggressive than us - and some of our players simply didn't want to know. I'm looking directly at Mr Willock here, amongst others but he was the worst for it.

In a way It's a good thing, just to remind ourselves that some of these guys simply aren't good enough and we'll be glad to see the back of them in the summer. A couple of recent wins ran the risk of papering over that. This squad still needs cleaning out.

Hard to disagree. Willock still has his moments and he may go on to do well somewhere else but I'm not sure how much we'll miss him. We need Chair to have one of his match winning performances at Plymouth or Hull. He's been a bit below par so hopefully he's got a good game coming.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:18 - Apr 6 with 1244 viewsandrew1302

I think that was one of the worst performances of the season. Back line we're okay as was Field. They had a plan stop Willock and Chair and we have a shout. That meant such as Anderson and Armstrong needed to step up and unfortunately they were both woeful. I am sorry but Armstrong is just not good enough at present. His touch is awful and he has to make himself more than fast muscle.Anderson oh dear. I thought he was dreadful. Bannon played as he should of and showed him up all afternoon. Dykes clearly isn't interested in the Euros as surely Clark can't pick him currently. I hope Marti has words as we will go down if we play like that for the remaining games. It should be added that Wednesday were very poor which shows just how bad we were
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 1225 viewsDamo1962

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:05 - Apr 6 by Malintabuk

Agree if MC keeps this team up...he has performed a miracle.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 1215 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:15 - Apr 6 by StreathamRanger

Hard to disagree. Willock still has his moments and he may go on to do well somewhere else but I'm not sure how much we'll miss him. We need Chair to have one of his match winning performances at Plymouth or Hull. He's been a bit below par so hopefully he's got a good game coming.

When is Eid?
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:27 - Apr 6 with 1185 viewsStreathamRanger

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:21 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

When is Eid?

Good question. I think still a couple of weeks away

Edit - turns out it's next week. Good news!
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:28]
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 1071 viewsQPROslo

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:15 - Apr 6 by StreathamRanger

I thought Chair should have been subbed early on today, he was at his most frustrating - awfull decision making then terrible execution. Looked like he needs a rest.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 1067 viewsSteveB

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:40 - Apr 6 by Hunterhoop

That was the worst performance of the season.

Given the players we had available and picked, the opposition, the context of the game…that was the worst performance of the season.

Inexplicable and indefensible.

Players should hand their heads. I don’t blame Cifuentes today. He was desperately waving them to get up the pitch and press to no avail.

Do not believe this lot are fully the right sorts yet.

Marti is not blameless, he is absolutely culpable. Armstrong starting (pathetic), Field a game too far. Willock the pillock, all on him mate. Left it far too late to make changes.

It was a game we needed to not lose. Everyone bottled it today. The starting XI was not the right choice. That is on the Manager.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 967 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:46 - Apr 6 by SteveB

Marti is not blameless, he is absolutely culpable. Armstrong starting (pathetic), Field a game too far. Willock the pillock, all on him mate. Left it far too late to make changes.

It was a game we needed to not lose. Everyone bottled it today. The starting XI was not the right choice. That is on the Manager.

If a manager is as important as we've been told lately, that obviously cuts both ways. This is a football club, not a cult, and no one should be shielded from critical thinking. Interestingly, in his post-match interview, Marti is saying he inadequately prepared the team, though he didn't elaborate, and the interviewer is so green behind the ears he didn't think to ask. All part of the problem in my view.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 19:02 - Apr 6 with 945 viewsStreathamRanger

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 18:46 - Apr 6 by SteveB

To be fair to MC, he accepted full responsibility in his post match interview.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 913 viewskensalriser

Rohl comfortably won the battle of the managers today. Although the players were back on the fentanyl, the strategy of knock it long to Armstrong was clearly not working with bells on by half time and I couldn't believe we came out second half doing the same. We looked a little better after the three subs but it was too little, too late. A most unpleasant reminder of earlier in the season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 19:13 - Apr 6 with 897 viewseastside_r

The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 17:52 - Apr 6 by Metallica_Hoop

You're being kind. That was f#cking pathetic. I've only just calmed down.
The Owl and Jude the Pussycat - A QPR match thread on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 871 viewsNed_Kennedys

Willock was diabolical today: half hearted and weak throughout the whole game.
Mad he was kept on for the whole game: he has switched off weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024