Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? 22:18 - Apr 15 with 2800 viewsLblock

I see the scorer of Chelscum sixth goal this evening was another young lad poached from us for peanuts

All made possible by the ridiculous rules set up to favour the money boys.
Kin madness

Also madness was us not making the current training ground at a level to attain Cat A
It’ll happen again and be ever more maddening

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 06:23 - Apr 16 with 2483 viewsNorthernr

He was in the clutch of players Ferdinand talked about being nicked from us for a collective payment of about £750k.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 07:23 - Apr 16 with 2351 viewsstevec

Know little about Gilchrist but when he signed a new contract an interview with him on CFC website said he’s been at Chelsea since he was in junior school, no mention of us whatsoever.

Was he one of ours or loanee/A Trialist?
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:08 - Apr 16 with 2255 viewsNorthernr

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 07:23 - Apr 16 by stevec

Know little about Gilchrist but when he signed a new contract an interview with him on CFC website said he’s been at Chelsea since he was in junior school, no mention of us whatsoever.

Was he one of ours or loanee/A Trialist?

That website literally has us in the intro of his player profile...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/profile/alfie-gilchrist
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:14 - Apr 16 with 2222 viewsGaryBannister86

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:08 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Such a farce, he is meant to be the next big thing too.

Why can't they poach Begovic? He's always there anyway.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:22 - Apr 16 with 2185 viewsstevec

Ah thanks. I’ll send that back to the Chelsea idiot who sent me an entirely different page.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:53 - Apr 16 with 2099 viewsderbyhoop

Cat A status doesn't stop your promising youngsters being poached. It does, however, make it more expensive for the club doing the poaching.
Another factor is the infrastructure and cost of moving from Cat B to Cat A. We can't afford to do so.
The key is to ensure we have the recruitment, facilities, coaching and progression that means youngsters want to stay at QPR.
[Post edited 16 Apr 8:54]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 09:14 - Apr 16 with 2004 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks Clive.I’ve had to clear my browser history after loading that page and I’ve lost all my links to my adult sites now.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 15:16 - Apr 16 with 1604 viewsSpongeParr

His family are Chelsea and Arsenal fans, so he was always going to go if given the chance.

He use to come and kick a ball about when I was playing football for Hampton Unathletic, back in the day.

So I take full credit in his ability.
Login to get fewer ads

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 17:02 - Apr 16 with 1431 viewsgazza1

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:53 - Apr 16 by derbyhoop

Cat A status doesn't stop your promising youngsters being poached. It does, however, make it more expensive for the club doing the poaching.
Another factor is the infrastructure and cost of moving from Cat B to Cat A. We can't afford to do so.
The key is to ensure we have the recruitment, facilities, coaching and progression that means youngsters want to stay at QPR.

If Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd, etc come in and want to sign one of our boys then just say good bye, thanks and good luck and get a few quid if possible, the boy will go even if we are Cat A. It doesn't matter what facilities that we have got.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 18:01 - Apr 16 with 1350 viewsstainrods_elbow

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 17:02 - Apr 16 by gazza1

If Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man Utd, etc come in and want to sign one of our boys then just say good bye, thanks and good luck and get a few quid if possible, the boy will go even if we are Cat A. It doesn't matter what facilities that we have got.

Here's an idea - just don't let them in!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 19:49 - Apr 16 with 1266 viewsGroveR

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:53 - Apr 16 by derbyhoop

Genuine question - why can we not afford to? Academy costs don't figure as part of the overall profit calculation for FFP.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 20:00 - Apr 16 with 1248 viewsPaddyhoops

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 19:49 - Apr 16 by GroveR

Genuine question - why can we not afford to? Academy costs don't figure as part of the overall profit calculation for FFP.

He’ll be jostling his team mates over who takes a penalty before you know it.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 20:32 - Apr 16 with 1189 viewsEsox_Lucius

For perspective; he left us before his 10th birthday. He was nicked just before he was eligible for his 1st pro contract.

The grass is always greener.

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 20:59 - Apr 16 with 1130 viewsderbyhoop

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 19:49 - Apr 16 by GroveR

Losing about 2m per month. The level of initial investment, AFAIK, is 3-5m and then you have the ongoing costs.
To give what? The possibility of a 10m+ player every 5 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 21:23 - Apr 16 with 1081 viewsqprd

He left qpr when was 10

While I agree w the premise of the op, not sure this case necessarily proves the point
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 22:40 - Apr 16 with 934 viewsPdog

On the point of acadamies, i see our U18 get pumped quite regularly, must be gutting to have trained players since they were 9 only to reaslise most aren't good enough, yet i suppose its all about the one or two they push through to Dev squad (Tuck, Sutton most recently) with the hope they kick on and develop into a 1st teamer.

From recent memory only Furlong, Lumley, Eze & Chair (those two came to us at a later stage in their development) have we actually turned over into decent pros / profit. Then i suppose its all worth it when an Eze gets sold.. late developers probably being our best bet as any hint of young talent will get hoovered up.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 07:07 - Apr 17 with 739 viewsGroveR

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 20:59 - Apr 16 by derbyhoop

Losing about 2m per month. The level of initial investment, AFAIK, is 3-5m and then you have the ongoing costs.
To give what? The possibility of a 10m+ player every 5 years.

I'd settle for not being forced to sign Chris Martin because there's no one else at the club who's been taught how to hold a ball up.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 07:11 - Apr 17 with 728 viewsGus_iom

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 07:07 - Apr 17 by GroveR

I'd settle for not being forced to sign Chris Martin because there's no one else at the club who's been taught how to hold a ball up.

It's worse then that, mate - we haven't managed to replace him either.
And he was shit.
Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 08:16 - Apr 17 with 660 viewsGroveR

Who needs Category A status Academies anyway???? on 22:40 - Apr 16 by Pdog

On the point of acadamies, i see our U18 get pumped quite regularly, must be gutting to have trained players since they were 9 only to reaslise most aren't good enough, yet i suppose its all about the one or two they push through to Dev squad (Tuck, Sutton most recently) with the hope they kick on and develop into a 1st teamer.

From recent memory only Furlong, Lumley, Eze & Chair (those two came to us at a later stage in their development) have we actually turned over into decent pros / profit. Then i suppose its all worth it when an Eze gets sold.. late developers probably being our best bet as any hint of young talent will get hoovered up.

Great point. Charlton have a Cat 2 academy like us but regularly win or place in the U18 PDL we're always struggling in. They're struggled in the league, have had owners who frankly make ours look competent yet developed Lookman, Gomez and Konsa for a profit in the past 10 years. I'm ignoring Jordan Cousins as he looked a good signing on paper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024