Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This weekend 07:44 - Apr 18 with 13626 viewskingsburyR

QPR, Stoke and Huddersfield all at home with winnable games (our the hardest).

Sheff Wed away at Blackburn on Sunday.

Birmingham have Rotherham away - hopefully The Millars have a new manager bounce!!!

Stoke could drag Plymouth back into it with a win but rather an away win or draw.

Regardless...... We need the three points!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

This weekend on 15:26 - Apr 21 with 2267 viewsOldPedro

This weekend on 15:25 - Apr 21 by Musicman

If we fail to secure a point against Leeds and Birmingham get a point or more against Hudds....it will be a final match shot out between 5 teams regardless of other results!!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

This weekend on 15:28 - Apr 21 with 2228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This weekend on 15:19 - Apr 21 by daveB

Yesterday couldn't have gone much better with Huddersfield and Birmingham not winning and us winning. Todays result not ideal but we still have a 4 point lead with 2 to play so one win guarantees us staying up and a single dropped point from Huddersfield and Birmingham and we will be safe

Fair play to you, Dave.

You've been confusing the hell out of out everyone for weeks now with your, well, facts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This weekend on 15:29 - Apr 21 with 2221 viewsBklynRanger

'Twas a peaceful few hours while they lasted...
This weekend on 15:31 - Apr 21 with 2178 viewsOldPedro

This weekend on 15:28 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair play to you, Dave.

You've been confusing the hell out of out everyone for weeks now with your, well, facts.

Except we're only 4 points ahead of Brum, so a win and a draw for them would take them above us on goal difference assuming we don't get another point.

Let's hope we somehow get a win over Leeds on Friday and put it all to bed before the last game.

This weekend on 15:31 - Apr 21 with 2167 viewsGaryBannister86

This weekend on 15:07 - Apr 21 by ngbqpr

Ok, $hitting myself again now after a marginally more relaxed 19 hours or so.

Well you can relax yourself by popping into Bet365 where you can have 250/1 for us to go down.

I mean, I think we will be OK but that seems a little bit extraordinary to me. Especially as I took 100/1 before the Weds game!
This weekend on 15:38 - Apr 21 with 2081 viewssaxbend

This weekend on 14:52 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

After watching today's game Blackburn will be lucky to get another point this season

Wednesday equally poor and can't see them getting more than 50 points

If there's one thing we can be sure about, it's that how any team has done in any of their recent games, will mean sod all for the next two weeks.
This weekend on 15:41 - Apr 21 with 2042 viewsactonman

Well tbf I wouldn’t swap our position for any of the others but let’s assume we get beat by Leeds on Friday and if we’re honest with ourselfs it’s pretty likely.
Another round of horror results and we go to Coventry needing to win or other results to go our way !
Not sure I’m really looking forward to that scenario playing out

I said it when we threw that lead at Wednesday after failing to beat Plymouth with 10 men for an hour that would come back to bite us on the rrrs ! Then we compound it by pretty much doing the same fcking thing against the same 2 teams a couple of weeks ago !!
This weekend on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 1792 viewsrbee

This weekend on 14:33 - Apr 21 by dsw2509

The scenarios for us to go down are now getting into fantasy island. Assuming we get nothing from the last 2 games;

At least two of the following need to happen for us to be relegated. Any points secured in the last 2 games makes us safe anyway,

Huddersfield need two wins and to reverse a goal difference of 11.

Birmingham need a win and a draw, but if Hudds beat them (see above) they can’t catch us.

Wednesday need a win (and reverse a goal difference of 13). I assume WBA will win their game against them. They are at Sunderland on the last day. Had they lost today we would now be all but safe.

Plymouth need a win and are away to Millwall and home to Hull.

Blackburn need a point from matches against Leicester and Coventry.

This is way to optimistic in my opinion.

Plymouth have Millwall away and Hull at home. Both Millwall and Hull are on the beach.

Sheff Wed have West Brom at home and Sunderland away. As my mate Colin pointed out WBA could be literally on the beach on a pre play off break, they have nothing to play for and neither do Hull.

Blackburn have Coventry at home and Leicester away. Coventry might still have a mathematical chance of the play offs and Leicester should be celebrating with their fans.

Birmingham have Huddersfield away and Norwich at home. Like WBA, Norwich could be on a pre play off break.

Huddersfield have Birmingham at home and Ipswich away. Like Leicester you would hope Ipswich are celebrating with their fans.

We have Leeds at home and Coventry away. Coventry should have nothing to play for giving us the chance to get something there.
Login to get fewer ads

This weekend on 16:42 - Apr 21 with 1728 viewsitsbiga

This weekend on 16:36 - Apr 21 by rbee

This is way to optimistic in my opinion.

Plymouth have Millwall away and Hull at home. Both Millwall and Hull are on the beach.

Sheff Wed have West Brom at home and Sunderland away. As my mate Colin pointed out WBA could be literally on the beach on a pre play off break, they have nothing to play for and neither do Hull.

Blackburn have Coventry at home and Leicester away. Coventry might still have a mathematical chance of the play offs and Leicester should be celebrating with their fans.

Birmingham have Huddersfield away and Norwich at home. Like WBA, Norwich could be on a pre play off break.

Huddersfield have Birmingham at home and Ipswich away. Like Leicester you would hope Ipswich are celebrating with their fans.

We have Leeds at home and Coventry away. Coventry should have nothing to play for giving us the chance to get something there.

WBA could be knocked off a playoff spot by Coventry who have 2 games in hand. They really need 3 points from Wednesday so will turn up I think.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

This weekend on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 1658 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Non-exchange bookies have us currently at an indcredibly wide range of 28/1 to 250/1.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

There's no logic just yet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This weekend on 16:47 - Apr 21 with 1653 viewsdm97

This weekend on 16:42 - Apr 21 by itsbiga

WBA could be knocked off a playoff spot by Coventry who have 2 games in hand. They really need 3 points from Wednesday so will turn up I think.

Yeah the idea a play off team will be 'resting' when they're not officially in the play offs is...interesting. You'd also be trying to build momentum and confidence before the semi finals. Fancy WBA up there.
This weekend on 16:55 - Apr 21 with 1584 viewsLowerloftLad

This weekend on 16:47 - Apr 21 by dm97

Yeah the idea a play off team will be 'resting' when they're not officially in the play offs is...interesting. You'd also be trying to build momentum and confidence before the semi finals. Fancy WBA up there.

West brom have lost two on the bounce they will want to get back into a winning mentality for the play offs so I don't think they will be on the beach.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This weekend on 17:15 - Apr 21 with 1466 viewsAntti_Heinola

This weekend on 16:55 - Apr 21 by LowerloftLad

West brom have lost two on the bounce they will want to get back into a winning mentality for the play offs so I don't think they will be on the beach.

The 'on the beach' argument is probably the worst in football. Were Swansea on the beach yesterday in a game everyone on here said they'd definitely lose?

Bare bones.

This weekend on 17:18 - Apr 21 with 1447 viewscpgerber

This weekend on 17:15 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

The 'on the beach' argument is probably the worst in football. Were Swansea on the beach yesterday in a game everyone on here said they'd definitely lose?

agree with Atnti. I played rugby at a high level and never ever did me or my team ever want to not win, not matter the circumstances or situations. Not caring about a result was unheard of. I hated losing and I am sure many footballers do too.
This weekend on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 1395 viewsOldPedro

This weekend on 15:31 - Apr 21 by GaryBannister86

Well you can relax yourself by popping into Bet365 where you can have 250/1 for us to go down.

I mean, I think we will be OK but that seems a little bit extraordinary to me. Especially as I took 100/1 before the Weds game!

Sky Bet have us at 28-1

Huddersfield 1/12
Birmingham 4/6
Sheffield Wednesday 7/4
Plymouth 11/2
Blackburn 8/1
QPR 28/1
Stoke 100/1

This weekend on 17:26 - Apr 21 with 1385 viewsPdog

I always remember Norwich going away to Fulham last game of the season, a win needed to stay up, 7,000 travelling fans with Fulham 'on the beach'... got smashed 6-0 :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4525103.stm
[Post edited 21 Apr 17:27]
This weekend on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 1361 viewsrbee

This weekend on 16:47 - Apr 21 by dm97

Coventry will have to beat Hull on Wednesday night to still have a play off hope.
This weekend on 17:42 - Apr 21 with 1237 viewsqprd

Yesterday couldn't have gone much better with Huddersfield and Birmingham not winning and us winning. Todays result not ideal but we still have a 4 point lead with 2 to play so one win guarantees us staying up and a single dropped point from Huddersfield and Birmingham and we will be safe

huddersfield already cant chase us... the GD is too much to bridge

thats not right re birmingham- they are only 4 points behind us. if they draw and then win, and we lose both, they'll be ahead of us (our GDs are currently the same, so obviously there's will be better than us if we lose both and they win one/draw one)
This weekend on 17:47 - Apr 21 with 1198 viewsQPROslo

Brum can drop 2 points and still go above us on GD if we lose our 2 remaining games. 4 points from games with Huddersfield and Norwich possibly already in the play offs look doable for them.
This weekend on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 1092 viewsjtuck

This weekend on 17:47 - Apr 21 by QPROslo

Brum can drop 2 points and still go above us on GD if we lose our 2 remaining games. 4 points from games with Huddersfield and Norwich possibly already in the play offs look doable for them.

It may be 'doable' in theory for Birmingham but remember they have just failed to beat dead-and-buried Rotherham and have the former QPR loan trio of Laird, Sanderson and Roberts.

LAranger

This weekend on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 980 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This weekend on 15:28 - Apr 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair play to you, Dave.

Except that he's not quite correct as Birmingham can still drop points and catch QPR.
This weekend on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 979 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm confident.

Hoping for Rotherham, Huddersfield and Brum to go down... I think Sheff Wed deserve to stay up also Plymouth have suprised people this year, so should stay up.

As for League 1, Portsmouth, Derby and would like Oxford to get promoted. They're an old-school classic side and along with Portsmouth, Derby and most of the Championship sides there, the league mirrors the 1970s - just classic football teams.
This weekend on 18:42 - Apr 21 with 954 viewsBenny_the_Ball

With Wednesday winning today, the permutations remain complex. One thing is for sure, it's in QPR's hands. We play Leeds on Friday evening so hopefully we can mathematically secure safety before our relegation competitors kick a ball the following day.
This weekend on 18:48 - Apr 21 with 927 viewsSpaceman_P

This weekend on 18:42 - Apr 21 by Benny_the_Ball

With Wednesday winning today, the permutations remain complex. One thing is for sure, it's in QPR's hands. We play Leeds on Friday evening so hopefully we can mathematically secure safety before our relegation competitors kick a ball the following day.

Problem with this is Leeds want automatics too, it's just who will be hungrier will win.
This weekend on 19:08 - Apr 21 with 770 viewsBenny_the_Ball

This weekend on 18:48 - Apr 21 by Spaceman_P

Problem with this is Leeds want automatics too, it's just who will be hungrier will win.

True, but Leeds play Monday night so QPR will have had 2 days extra rest. Having gone deep in the FA Cup, Coventry have some catching up to do in the league. Our final fixture against them will be their 4th match in 11 days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024