Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Replays Scrapped 12:05 - Apr 18 with 10171 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68844583

RIP The FA Cup

Well done the Premier League and Sky you utter thunderc*nts.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 23:51 - Apr 19 with 1222 viewsManinBlack

Did I see that Newcastle are playing Spurs on 22 May in Australia or have I been hallucinating? Naturally playing games around the globe after the season is finished is far more important than playing a cup replay against pesky Wimbledon next winter.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 01:25 - Apr 20 with 1154 viewslightwaterhoop

Wealdstone in the National League and battling relegation have just played four games in eight days and won two of them.Some of the players are part time and have other jobs as well.Can you imagine premier league players doing that?
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 09:06 - Apr 20 with 1056 viewsWatford_Ranger

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 23:51 - Apr 19 by ManinBlack

Did I see that Newcastle are playing Spurs on 22 May in Australia or have I been hallucinating? Naturally playing games around the globe after the season is finished is far more important than playing a cup replay against pesky Wimbledon next winter.

Yep. Bet Southgate and the players are delighted.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 09:42 - Apr 20 with 995 viewsdaveB

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 23:51 - Apr 19 by ManinBlack

Yeah and Man City play 4 games in 12 days in July across America in 30 degree heat, thats Ok though as replays are the problem
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:12 - Apr 20 with 944 viewskernowhoop

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:39 - Apr 19 by ted_hendrix

I suppose Mr fatty will be happy sat In his enormous armchair watching Liverpool FC
playing Liverpool reserves whilst wearing his half and half scarf and stuffing smokey bacon crisps down his enormous gob shouting out on the odd occasion ''that was close did you see that''.
Mrs fatty walks down the stairs, trips up on the half landing rolls down the remaining stairs, across the hall and into the what Is loosely called the lounge, coming to a halt in front of the 98 inch tv screen blocking Mr Fatty's view.
Mr Fatty shouts at Mrs Fatty ''get out the way you fat c hunt'' not realising that Mrs Fatty Is indeed dead.
When the half time whistle blows Mr Fatty rings the emergency services to Inform them of Mrs Fatty's demise.
Liverpool reserves beat Liverpool FC 1-0, Horace Batchelor scored the winning goal.

Would you envisage Horace Batchelor being investigated later for being involved in betting, whilst a player, Ted? (I presume that is the 'Horace Batchelor, Department Two, Keynsham, Bristol.')
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:15 - Apr 20 with 931 viewsPaddyhoops

The tag line for BBC trailer for Citeh and Chelsea game is “ This game is for everyone”
Absolute Balls!
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:52 - Apr 20 with 885 viewsted_hendrix

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:12 - Apr 20 by kernowhoop

Would you envisage Horace Batchelor being investigated later for being involved in betting, whilst a player, Ted? (I presume that is the 'Horace Batchelor, Department Two, Keynsham, Bristol.')

Yep that's the one and only Horace

I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg back in the late 50's early 60's It was a struggle trying get any decent music back then as the useless BBC 'owned' the airwaves and subjected our ear holes to constant dirge, still the same today.
Radio Luxembourg was hard to listen to as you'd keep losing the signal but they were brilliant for new music from America. Horace Batchelor used to advertise on Radio Luxembourg

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:38 - Apr 20 with 832 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I used to listen secretly to Radio Luxembourg every night in bed, under the blankets.

I didn't have a radio either. Which made it harder to hear it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 21:16 - Apr 20 with 708 viewsCamberleyR

Worth reading, says what a lot are thinking.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 08:42 - Apr 21 with 601 viewsenfieldargh

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:38 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I used to listen secretly to Radio Luxembourg every night in bed, under the blankets.

I didn't have a radio either. Which made it harder to hear it.

Luxury, I didn’t even have blanket

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 08:53 - Apr 21 with 584 viewsOldPedro

I see Guardiola was moaning again about scheduling because his team had to play on Saturday after a home game on Weds.

If player welfare is such an issue, maybe he should rotate his multi-million pounds squad more. Ultimately, as the one that picks the team, he makes the decisions on how many games each player plays.

What a d1ckhead

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 09:23 - Apr 21 with 558 viewsPaddyhoops

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 14:40 - Apr 18 by Silverfoxqpr

"I have very little love for it any more outside of QPR" Amen. I've been sitting in my office today having to listen to so called Palace, Leeds and Ipswich fans banging on about Man City and Arsenal and the bloody champions league, I mean really, who gives a sh1t? Clearly I'm in the minority though.

You’re not . Majority of fans outside premier don’t really care if talking to fellow QPR fans are anything to go by.
Pep moaning about Schedule after yet another predictable semi final win .
F**k off pal. Nobody’s interested.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 10:13 - Apr 21 with 519 viewsThe_Beast1976

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 09:23 - Apr 21 by Paddyhoops

You’re not . Majority of fans outside premier don’t really care if talking to fellow QPR fans are anything to go by.
Pep moaning about Schedule after yet another predictable semi final win .
F**k off pal. Nobody’s interested.

You're certainly not in the minority. For a long time now I have advocated the FL breaking away from the PL.

I'd also now ask all FL teams and those below to fail to register their entries for the 2025/26 FA Cup.

Furthermore, I would refuse all PL teams entry into the League Cup and, depending on the outcome of the aforesaid failure to register for the FA Cup, invite non-league teams to compete in the League Cup.

Take back control of the domestic game for the masses, not the few. This would have the added bonus of the domestic game being run for domestic match going fans, not 'fans' on the other side of the world watching on TV.

Time for drastic action NOW. In the long run, it will benefit the game, the match going fans, and the majority of clubs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:14]
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:11 - Apr 21 with 481 viewsdaveB

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 08:53 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

I see Guardiola was moaning again about scheduling because his team had to play on Saturday after a home game on Weds.

If player welfare is such an issue, maybe he should rotate his multi-million pounds squad more. Ultimately, as the one that picks the team, he makes the decisions on how many games each player plays.

What a d1ckhead

He had a point though, they should have played today
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:30 - Apr 21 with 465 viewsloftboy

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 21:16 - Apr 20 by CamberleyR

Worth reading, says what a lot are thinking.

It’s not often I agree with Collymore but he got that spot on.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:11 - Apr 21 with 422 viewsthemodfather

another reason to hate the so called ELITE, but remember it is they who breach every rule in the game, as they have very rich owners who can drag cases out ( man city 10 years and still no decisions??) they wanted their euro super league, they want games abroad , they do not want replays but want more games in euro games. they have massive squads yet moan about tired players???? surely tv wants the drama of replays?
remember when a small club could swap ties to a bigger venue, for money and capacity? they stopped that too....and the prem league statement like ALL agreed and hours later the EFL said we were not there!
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 12:20 - Apr 21 with 404 viewsOldPedro

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:30 - Apr 21 by loftboy

It’s not often I agree with Collymore but he got that spot on.

Totally agree with you that it's not often I agree with Collymore but he is absolutely on the money with this one. Money and greed is destroying football (along with quite a few other things).

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 365 viewsWatford_Ranger

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 11:11 - Apr 21 by daveB

He had a point though, they should have played today

Why? Wednesday - Saturday is normal. Fk him. Cov and United are playing on Wednesday. Cov are playing Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday with possibly a cup final and/or playoffs too.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:33 - Apr 21 with 362 viewsdaveB

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:26 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

Why? Wednesday - Saturday is normal. Fk him. Cov and United are playing on Wednesday. Cov are playing Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday with possibly a cup final and/or playoffs too.

because in every other country when their teams are in the champions league they move their games to give them a rest in between, there was no reason why they couldn't play on Sunday and would have been better for Coventry and United as well due to them playing midweek
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:37 - Apr 21 with 350 viewsNorthernr

If you've spent a billion quid on your team, it should be able to copy with playing Wednesday and Saturday. Fck him. Absolute footballing bully.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:41 - Apr 21 with 338 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 08:53 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

What a d1ckhead

Yeah I could not believe that. If you're so concerned about welfare, rest your players. The game doesn't exist to make it as easy as possible for your financially doped club to win every single game they play. Getting really fed up with Pep.

Bare bones.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:43 - Apr 21 with 332 viewsAntti_Heinola

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:41 - Apr 21 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah I could not believe that. If you're so concerned about welfare, rest your players. The game doesn't exist to make it as easy as possible for your financially doped club to win every single game they play. Getting really fed up with Pep.

And the thing is, no one will ever challenge him on it. The big clubs have the media by the balls. If a Sky reporter dared question that, he'd go mad and probably refuse to speak to them.

Bare bones.

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:49 - Apr 21 with 315 viewsWatford_Ranger

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:33 - Apr 21 by daveB

because in every other country when their teams are in the champions league they move their games to give them a rest in between, there was no reason why they couldn't play on Sunday and would have been better for Coventry and United as well due to them playing midweek

Leverkusen played at home on a Thursday, won the league with a 5-0 win Sunday, played West Ham the following Thursday and play Dortmund away today. There’s an argument that I don’t subscribe to that English teams doing well is a good thing for all of us but Guardiola would only moan about something else like the league being cut to 18 teams to allow more rest. The bloke just likes moaning.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:49 - Apr 21 with 315 viewsLimehouseR

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:26 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

Football is much a reflection on society. The haves and have nots.

I lost a lot of respect for Pep yesterday with his insane rant. Moaning about the welfare of his players. Like someone said, you pick the team. You've got international multi-million pound players plonked on the bench that even most Premier League clubs would never be able to afford. It was like he wasn't even bothered they had got to yet another cup final they'll probably win.

The premier League finishes 3 weeks AFTER leagues 1 and 2 and yet those teams play an extra 8 league games. Most Premier League clubs don't play much more really, it's just the 'big 6' or whatever. But they've got the squad depth so they can't moan. That's why it should be hard to win a treble or whatever, you have to play the actual games.

I'm sure when the players retire at the age of 35 and look back they won't be thinking, 'oh I played far too many games' when they are counting their money stacks in the South of France. Most of us will be still working in our 60s.

Like many on here I've lost so much interest in football outside of QPR. Look at the bottom 3 in the Premier League and the top 4 in the Championship. It's a closed shop and beyond predictable. We've all had a laugh at Chelsea this season but if you look at the table now they will creep in to a European spot after all won't they. So no surprises yet again for who's finishing in the top.
FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 14:29 - Apr 21 with 276 viewsdaveB

FA Cup Replays Scrapped on 13:49 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

Leverkusen played at home on a Thursday, won the league with a 5-0 win Sunday, played West Ham the following Thursday and play Dortmund away today. There’s an argument that I don’t subscribe to that English teams doing well is a good thing for all of us but Guardiola would only moan about something else like the league being cut to 18 teams to allow more rest. The bloke just likes moaning.

Of course he is going to what whats best for his team, I agreed with him though that game should have been played today, same as the Arsenal one, I don't think tv should dictate when games are played as often as they do
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024