Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Leighton 20:23 - Apr 19 with 1725 viewsstowmarketrange

BBC reporting that Leighton James has died aged 71.Although he wasn’t with us for long,he certainly did his bit to steady a sinking ship in 1977-78.
RIP Leighton,condolences to his family and friends.
RIP Leighton on 20:31 - Apr 19 with 1651 viewsBoston

Liked him, hope it was peaceful.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

RIP Leighton on 20:34 - Apr 19 with 1643 viewsCamberleyR

"Capped 54 times by Wales, James played 399 games for Burnley in three spells.

James also represented Swansea City, Sunderland, Bury and Newport County in a 19-year playing career before turning to management with several clubs"

I see we've been forgotten again... Mind you, Derby who we signed him from have as well and he was at the time their record signing.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

RIP Leighton on 21:53 - Apr 19 with 1449 viewsNorthantsHoop

Remember my late Dad when we lived in Northolt taking me to a midweek game circa 1978 and watching Leighton going down the wing - RIP Leighton James super player.
RIP Leighton on 22:24 - Apr 19 with 1350 viewsStJude82

A very good player for us. Didn't understand why he was let go. RIP Leighton and thanks for the memories.
RIP Leighton on 22:25 - Apr 19 with 1342 viewsDWQPR

Remember his tearing Phil Neal a new one when we beat Liverpool 3-1 at home in the 77-78 season. Best game he had for the club.

RIP

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

RIP Leighton on 22:40 - Apr 19 with 1287 viewsbosh67

That is sad news. RIP indeed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Leighton on 22:41 - Apr 19 with 1288 viewsrbee

I remember a great free kick at home, maybe against West Ham? Great player for us so soon after losing Dave Thomas both of whom came from Burnley.

Rest In Peace Leighton.
RIP Leighton on 23:40 - Apr 19 with 1165 viewsperpignanR

Very sad if true. A very good footballer who seemed to start at the top and gradually worked his way down.RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Leighton on 23:42 - Apr 19 with 1156 viewsManinBlack

Leighton did a good job for us in a declining team. He played a big part in the 6-1 Cup win over West Ham but it was the 2-0 win over Liverpool in November 77 I most remember. Leighton and Stan scored in as many minutes and the time between their respective deaths feels equally as short. RIP Leighton.
RIP Leighton on 09:42 - Apr 20 with 924 viewsjohncharles

We could do with him taking corners just and I loved the way he teased defenders showing them just enough of the ball and then leaving them for dead.
RIP Leighton.

Strong and stable my arse.

RIP Leighton on 10:13 - Apr 20 with 872 views81A

RIP Leighton on 09:42 - Apr 20 by johncharles

We could do with him taking corners just and I loved the way he teased defenders showing them just enough of the ball and then leaving them for dead.
RIP Leighton.

That is an excellent point you make- he had a terrific knack for slowing down, teasing his full back and as soon as the unfortunate had slightly shifted his weight into the wrong position, James was off like a whippet.
RIP
RIP Leighton on 10:22 - Apr 20 with 837 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a player I knew much about. Great to hear so many tributes.

Ar dheis Dé.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

RIP Leighton on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 763 viewsQPRSteve

Was a great player. Always enjoyed watching him.
RIP Leighton on 12:23 - Apr 20 with 667 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

I’m pretty sure he said that he was only too pleased to sign for Rangers because it meant he wouldn’t be marked by Dave Clement ever again.
A proper, old school winger. RIP, Leighton.
RIP Leighton on 14:18 - Apr 20 with 516 viewsDamo1962

One of a number of great Welsh players to play for us. Was lucky enough to see him. Rest in peace Leighton.
RIP Leighton on 14:53 - Apr 20 with 446 viewsenfieldargh

He was one of those players who when playing against us scared the wotits out of me.

Amazed he signed for us as we were not recruiting that well and the old guard not being replaced well

I remember one game v wba early in the season might have be ‘78 he ran off the pitch, down the tunnel to replace a contact lense then came running back on

Loved him

RIP

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024