Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti Contract?? 08:26 - May 22 with 12573 viewsthehat

All this bloody manager merry go round is making me nervous.

I know we are not supposed to know contract details any more but does anyone have any idea what the length of Marti's contract might be?

Surely it won't be long before he is mentioned as a replacement for another club.
Marti Contract?? on 08:53 - May 22 with 5625 viewscpgerber

He's the next departure to be announced, only had a short-term deal.
Marti Contract?? on 08:56 - May 22 with 5600 viewsNorthantsHoop

Try not to worry, he saved us this season but more likely his stock will rise if we push on up the table next season and get into a top 10 position and dare I contemplate a play off position. Overall reckon we have him for another season but as we know football is a fluid and fickle environment and things can change quickly.
Marti Contract?? on 08:59 - May 22 with 5564 viewssprocket

The hope would be that the CEO/recruitment team have plans/ideas in place for when Marti does leave, whenever that is.
Marti Contract?? on 09:18 - May 22 with 5463 viewsMaggsinho

You'll drive yourself mad worrying about Marti heading off somewhere, if a club wants him and he wants to go he'll go regardless of contract. Enjoy him whilst he's here - I'm sure he'll be here for another season or two at least.

As above, I'm hopeful they have some kind of succession plan and have identified potential replacements
Marti Contract?? on 10:18 - May 22 with 5270 viewsthehat

True - I guess it would at least be nice if he had a contract which means the purchasing club had to compensate QPR for Marti.

I think we got close to £1M from Glasgow Rangers for the snake but then spent a lot of that on buying Ainsworth and Dobbo out of their Wycombe contracts - Doh
Marti Contract?? on 10:22 - May 22 with 5230 viewsrobith

There's literally nothing you can do about it so order another martini and try not to worry about it.

tbh whilst our numbers are good under Marti, a lot of scouting and planning at football clubs is rudimental. They'll see a club who finished 18th and move past us
Marti Contract?? on 11:45 - May 22 with 5061 viewsHooparoo

Clubs aren’t loyal to managers so why should managers be loyal to clubs? Every man for himself

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Marti Contract?? on 12:32 - May 22 with 4951 viewsnix

Marti Contract?? on 11:45 - May 22 by Hooparoo

Clubs aren’t loyal to managers so why should managers be loyal to clubs? Every man for himself

The difference is that if a manager leaves a club then he gets his contract paid up and is in a good position to wait for the next right job to come along.

If a manager leaves a club mid-season then it can completely derail the club in terms of player disquiet, succession planning etc. I'm not saying this means managers should be more loyal than clubs but the situations aren't equal. When Beale left mid-season there were slim pickings in terms of other available managers, which is why we ended up with the Critchley, Ainsworth disaster. If he'd waited until the end of the season, we could have shaken hands, thanked him for his service and found one of the managers that were ready for their next job and were newly available.

It's the main reason I loathe the man because I believe he never intended to see out the season knowing the disruption that would cause and having set us up with expensive players like Laird, Roberts, Richards etc that I believe we only got in to lure/keep him at the club, spending money we could ill-afford.
Login to get fewer ads

Marti Contract?? on 12:48 - May 22 with 4876 viewsNed_Kennedys

If Cifuentes leaves this summer then he’d be no better than Beale in my eyes.

I get the sense he’s ambitious and will certainly look to move to a ‘bigger’ English club sooner rather than later: he’s not stayed long at any club so far. However is also seems clever and shrewd enough to know that reputations are important in managerial circles and leaving a club after half a season looks bad on the CV.

Think he will move on next summer whatever happens next season.
Marti Contract?? on 17:11 - May 22 with 4439 views100percent

Marti Contract?? on 12:32 - May 22 by nix

The difference is that if a manager leaves a club then he gets his contract paid up and is in a good position to wait for the next right job to come along.

If a manager leaves a club mid-season then it can completely derail the club in terms of player disquiet, succession planning etc. I'm not saying this means managers should be more loyal than clubs but the situations aren't equal. When Beale left mid-season there were slim pickings in terms of other available managers, which is why we ended up with the Critchley, Ainsworth disaster. If he'd waited until the end of the season, we could have shaken hands, thanked him for his service and found one of the managers that were ready for their next job and were newly available.

It's the main reason I loathe the man because I believe he never intended to see out the season knowing the disruption that would cause and having set us up with expensive players like Laird, Roberts, Richards etc that I believe we only got in to lure/keep him at the club, spending money we could ill-afford.

I think if we have learned anything over the past few appointments, it should be that we need to create a system and fit the manager in to retain the style and policy - This way it means losing a manager will have no immediate impact on the team. Obviously there will be close relationships etc, but we need to create a sustainable model.
Marti managed to get a fantastic reaction from a set of players that were versed in a different system that most of us had written off as a lost cause. If we had a system and style in place, the challenge would then be having a succession manager prepared that is aware of the expectations.
Marti Contract?? on 17:58 - May 22 with 4328 viewsnumptydumpty

If i was Nourry / Hoos and Marti suddenly got offered a Premier league club to manage on a good contract, I would cite the case of Beale as the fact that it would be a better option to succeed at our level and at a club where many decisions and changes are down to him because it would be very good for him for his future career.

I know he is not Beale and has more about him, but if he got a struggling premiership club hot seat, there are no guarantees for success. The first failure is very damaging to the jobs he could then attain and a second failure could totally obliterate any further future career roles completely.

And sure we would easily cite the case of Beale and.say Marti you have done superb here so far but we and you are still very much a work in progress, and the potential here for improvement is huge.

If he got us up to near or in the play offs then would expect clubs to come calling and he could potentially move then, knowing that he has a success on his CV at championship level over a prolonged period and not a few fortunate results with Beale, who thought he was Guardiola from day one and probably still does.

Marti won't be going anywhere - am sure.

He is a very sensible well grounded man.and he knows he needs a success at our level on his CV before attempting a much more challenging task in the premiership.

But yes I would add a couple of zeros to his monthly pay cheques, no doubt.

The most important signing and staff member bar none.
[Post edited 22 May 18:00]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Marti Contract?? on 18:30 - May 22 with 4256 viewsE15Hoop

I went on Radio 5Live's 606 phone-in at the time Boilface left to say exactly that, Nixy, and to warn the Glasgow mob "Be careful what you wish for".

In the end, of course, he got shoved out of there before he could leave them for Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or wherever else he was going to pitch up next in his egotistical imagination..
Marti Contract?? on 00:27 - May 23 with 3983 viewsMatch82

I've always thought that the first 12 months of a contract should be completely and utterly guaranteed. Can't sack a manager, even if you want to (same with players) and they can't walk away.

Would mean clubs would actually have to do proper due diligence about who they appoint. Would also mean we avoid the ridiculous Beale nonsense AND players wouldn't be able to just down tools because they don't like the manager - they know they're stuck for at least 12 months.

Sign a new contract, same thing applies, first 12 months you can't move on or be moved on.
Marti Contract?? on 01:33 - May 23 with 3912 viewsVancouverHoop

Marti Contract?? on 00:27 - May 23 by Match82

I've always thought that the first 12 months of a contract should be completely and utterly guaranteed. Can't sack a manager, even if you want to (same with players) and they can't walk away.

Would mean clubs would actually have to do proper due diligence about who they appoint. Would also mean we avoid the ridiculous Beale nonsense AND players wouldn't be able to just down tools because they don't like the manager - they know they're stuck for at least 12 months.

Sign a new contract, same thing applies, first 12 months you can't move on or be moved on.

I've always thought that the first 12 months of a contract should be completely and utterly guaranteed.

But how? You can impose financial conditions but they can be paid by the other party if the individual is wanted badly enough.
Marti Contract?? on 01:35 - May 23 with 3920 viewsQuillPenRiot

I’d offer Marti ownership shares, a lot of them, not that he’d want them…there’s no one else we could find to make us successful and marketable in the near term. Finance is all about return. They’d be stupid not to offer him what he wants and more
Marti Contract?? on 06:01 - May 23 with 3799 viewsnix

Marti Contract?? on 18:30 - May 22 by E15Hoop

I went on Radio 5Live's 606 phone-in at the time Boilface left to say exactly that, Nixy, and to warn the Glasgow mob "Be careful what you wish for".

In the end, of course, he got shoved out of there before he could leave them for Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid or wherever else he was going to pitch up next in his egotistical imagination..

Yes.

By the time he left and the manner of his leaving meant we were glad he’d gone!

I do think/hope we’ve finally learnt from that though and got some succession planning done. I agree with the PP saying we need to have someone who has a similar playing style and pragmatism as Marti.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d rather he left now if he’s going though than mid-season when I think we’d be screwed (Plymouth and Birmingham evidence of this although Plymouth had just done enough earlier in the season). I’d obviously much prefer him to stay all season but if he does well again I can’t see him staying after that.
Marti Contract?? on 09:28 - May 23 with 3627 viewsbosh67

I think Marti will have plenty of offers but I don't think he's going anywhere.

He's bought into the QPR thing, the history, the club, the fans. This is his chance to create a team in his own image and make a real mark in English football and I feel pretty confident he'll take it.

Famous last words but I think Marti is here for the longterm. Let's hope so!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Contract?? on 09:47 - May 23 with 3569 viewsNed_Kennedys

Marti Contract?? on 09:28 - May 23 by bosh67

He's bought into the QPR thing, the history, the club, the fans. This is his chance to create a team in his own image and make a real mark in English football and I feel pretty confident he'll take it.

Well we are his seventh club he’s managed, longest he’s ever stayed anywhere is a couple of years and most league games he’s done for a club is 81.
He’s on an upward trajectory at the moment: think we will get next season from him and if it’s a decent one he will move on, just as he did when we nabbed him from Hammarby.
Marti Contract?? on 11:07 - May 23 with 3468 viewsbosh67

Marti Contract?? on 09:47 - May 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Well we are his seventh club he’s managed, longest he’s ever stayed anywhere is a couple of years and most league games he’s done for a club is 81.
He’s on an upward trajectory at the moment: think we will get next season from him and if it’s a decent one he will move on, just as he did when we nabbed him from Hammarby.

Possibly but it depends how successful he is with us next season, and how much he wants to be part of a longterm build. It also depends on what he is actually given to create his team here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti Contract?? on 11:16 - May 23 with 3430 viewsqpr1976

Marti Contract?? on 10:22 - May 22 by robith

There's literally nothing you can do about it so order another martini and try not to worry about it.

tbh whilst our numbers are good under Marti, a lot of scouting and planning at football clubs is rudimental. They'll see a club who finished 18th and move past us

Luton's Manager got relegated and he seems to be attracting interest. (Ipswich & others ?)
Burnley's Manager got relegated and he seems to be in demand. (Bayern Munich !)

But yes, most will be on the up.
Marti Contract?? on 11:29 - May 23 with 3369 viewsqpr1976

Interestingly, Luton took on Edwards around the same time we took on Critchley and it was initially reported that both clubs 1st choice was the other one.
Marti Contract?? on 15:28 - May 23 with 3207 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Marti Contract?? on 09:28 - May 23 by bosh67

I agree that QPR gave Marti his chance to break into the English system and hopefully he returns that by staying through next season and even beyond .
Big difference between him any Beale is the fact Beale was already firmly involved in the English , Scottish leagues and probably felt QPR were below him which turned out to be true sadly .
Maybe the flurry of activity in managerial changes will calm down in a few weeks and we can all relax and look forward to the summer tour of untamed locations QPR will be playing with Marti in charge
Marti Contract?? on 13:37 - May 24 with 2965 viewsaston_hoop

Danny Rohl has signed a new long term deal at Wednesday today

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Marti Contract?? on 14:41 - May 24 with 2773 viewsAntti_Heinola

Marti Contract?? on 09:47 - May 23 by Ned_Kennedys

agree, i'll be pleasantly surprised if he's still here in a year, and shocked if he's still here for the start of 25/26.

Bare bones.

Marti Contract?? on 16:02 - May 24 with 2674 viewsBlue_Castello

Marti Contract?? on 13:37 - May 24 by aston_hoop

Danny Rohl has signed a new long term deal at Wednesday today

Shame that's him off the market, wonder what they offered him must have been good money, here's hoping we can somehow find a deal that makes Marti think it's worth signing, a few bonus clauses at the minimum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024