Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix 08:58 - May 22 with 17365 viewsFrankRightguard

Anyone seen this? Shocking even by the pitifully low standards society seems to operate at these days.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 22:13 - Jun 3 with 1575 viewsslmrstid

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 18:17 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah, in London that's really not that much of a difference. After tax, which is far more reliable evidence than your "Overtime etc" - it's sod all.

Of course, you already know the point is not about the pay itself but the level of accountability that the pay comes with. You won't touch on that part tho because you know I'm right.

£8k per year extra results in extra responsibility. Unsurprising. Whether thats enough for the level of responsibility required is completely subjective, that neither you nor I know the real answer to (although I suspect you believe you do because you believe you are right on everything) and is something that could go on for ages, and ages, and ages, and ages....

Which I'm quite happy to let you go on with. I was however, quite happy to point out you deliberately skewed some stats to make them look narrower than they truly are.

(Btw, £7.8k is 17.6% of the median London salary, according to the ONS. So that's a big disparity still between a nurse working 37.5 hours per week, and the low paid security guard getting £4 per hour less).

I look forward to your reply telling me why you're right and I'm wrong, and I'll leave you there.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 23:04 - Jun 3 with 1484 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 22:13 - Jun 3 by slmrstid

£8k per year extra results in extra responsibility. Unsurprising. Whether thats enough for the level of responsibility required is completely subjective, that neither you nor I know the real answer to (although I suspect you believe you do because you believe you are right on everything) and is something that could go on for ages, and ages, and ages, and ages....

Which I'm quite happy to let you go on with. I was however, quite happy to point out you deliberately skewed some stats to make them look narrower than they truly are.

(Btw, £7.8k is 17.6% of the median London salary, according to the ONS. So that's a big disparity still between a nurse working 37.5 hours per week, and the low paid security guard getting £4 per hour less).

I look forward to your reply telling me why you're right and I'm wrong, and I'll leave you there.

And the hourly rate at which football stewards should be held at least partly accountable for 6000 fans jibbing into a match is......

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 23:05 - Jun 3 with 1483 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 20:48 - Jun 3 by Konk

Go on then, what are the silly rules that you don't feel you should be following when you're at the football?

What? You mean to tell me you're aware of "psycho security teams at a handful of grounds" but can't think of a single rule they impose on people a little unreasonably?

Come on Konk, I know you're woke but I didn't think you were as bad as Barry with the sheer dishonesty.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 00:49 - Jun 4 with 1431 viewsSydneyRs

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 15:34 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

Nurses are contracted to 37.5 hour weeks, not 40. You might need to redo your sums. After deductions, it's not that much more, certainly when you factor in the time/cost to qualify, level of responsibility etc.

If a nurse neglects her job and somebody dies, do we just accept it and say it's a consequence of low pay? I doubt it. But stewards fail to do their job and we routinely just blame it on low pay.
[Post edited 3 Jun 15:46]

There's an old saying about peanuts and monkeys.

Its a job nobody really wants and is therefore taken by casual and probably often foreign workers. The hourly pay difference is irrelevant as these people are not working 37.5 or 40 hours a week in this job. They probably spend the rest of the time doing Uber eats etc. Nurses are criminally underpaid but are at least properly trained to do their job.

So of course the stewards are not properly equipped to handle loads of beered and coked up people on the rampage. Even those who are trained such as the police struggle with this. I assume every time QPR lose it is never the manager's fault then and purely down to the players? Even if they've been set up wrong or not properly trained?

This is down to government and authorities who have not provided sufficient police funding/resourcing to operate the way they ideally should and we are left with minimum wage casuals who don't really know what they are doing. Immigration for years has been used by governments for cheap labour such as this and also to make their economic performance look better by creating extra demand for goods and services.

Certainly it was a bad idea and pointless to restrict the crowd to 60k. Aside from it offering zero protection from the virus it encouraged people to have a crack at getting in because they knew there would be lots of empty seats. While some might still try with full capacity, chances of success would be far lower and therefore the numbers would be too.

But no doubt whatever went wrong was all because of "the left" or "woke".
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 07:46 - Jun 4 with 1310 viewsKonk

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 23:05 - Jun 3 by SheffieldHoop

What? You mean to tell me you're aware of "psycho security teams at a handful of grounds" but can't think of a single rule they impose on people a little unreasonably?

Come on Konk, I know you're woke but I didn't think you were as bad as Barry with the sheer dishonesty.

I know what I think of stewarding in general - I was asking for examples of rules they try to impose that you don't feel the need to follow (as per your post). If you're unable to answer the question, that's okay. I've just clocked your signature, and having seen it, I'll leave you to get on with your Joey Barton tribute act in peace. Have a lovely day.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 08:35 - Jun 4 with 1263 viewsTheChef

Do not feed the troll.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 4 with 1149 viewsBostonR

It's a difficult watch. Society has changed beyond recognition and it's especially visible in large cities.
There just seems to be a big lawless group, who take these events as an excuse to do what they want. Alcohol and large amounts of cocaine, help them on their way and it's a feck-all attitude that prevails and spreads. Eventually, people are going to be killed - it's only a matter of time.
I am really not an individual that supports restrictions on society, but on this particular type of behaviour we need to be confronting these idiots, with some serious heavy policing.
I can remember the feared Met Police SPG back in the 70's who were seriously out of control in dealing with disorder. - I would not support their re-introduction.
We need to introduce a new riot/control unit, made up of some experienced and well-trained officers from across the UK. I would advocate a number of 2,000 officers who would be well-drilled, disciplined and heavy-handed in dealing with these type of incidents.
Make these idiots/scumbags understand that if you want to gate-crash these huge events, you will be met with a heavy-hand and not an £8ph security guard, who are the people more likely to be injured in these incidents.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 21:35 - Jun 4 with 930 viewsStanisgod

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:02 - May 29 by SheffieldHoop

Weird how this is necessary for Madrid v Dortmund but wasn't for Leeds v Southampton or Man Utd v Man City.

Didn't stop them taking hundreds of flairs in though did it? You couldn't take a coca cola in at the English finals, but a flare, yes walk right in mate.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 23:43 - Jun 4 with 838 viewsthame_hoops

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:02 - May 29 by SheffieldHoop

Weird how this is necessary for Madrid v Dortmund but wasn't for Leeds v Southampton or Man Utd v Man City.

Well, there wasn’t the demand for the two games you mentioned. You’re comparing them to a Champions League final and the Euros final. The Leeds game didn’t sell out and the Manchester Derby has just got tedious.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 00:03 - Jun 5 with 829 viewsbob566

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 4 by BostonR

It's a difficult watch. Society has changed beyond recognition and it's especially visible in large cities.
There just seems to be a big lawless group, who take these events as an excuse to do what they want. Alcohol and large amounts of cocaine, help them on their way and it's a feck-all attitude that prevails and spreads. Eventually, people are going to be killed - it's only a matter of time.
I am really not an individual that supports restrictions on society, but on this particular type of behaviour we need to be confronting these idiots, with some serious heavy policing.
I can remember the feared Met Police SPG back in the 70's who were seriously out of control in dealing with disorder. - I would not support their re-introduction.
We need to introduce a new riot/control unit, made up of some experienced and well-trained officers from across the UK. I would advocate a number of 2,000 officers who would be well-drilled, disciplined and heavy-handed in dealing with these type of incidents.
Make these idiots/scumbags understand that if you want to gate-crash these huge events, you will be met with a heavy-hand and not an £8ph security guard, who are the people more likely to be injured in these incidents.

The coke is the problem. Previously it was unemployed for the most part thugs s**t faced on cheap kestrel doing this crap. Now the middle and upper classes are doing it too because of coke making them invincible. Throw them all in together and you get a Wembley way that day that seemed acceptable to them. Isn't royal ascot and the horsey scene that way too now. Coke is just far too acceptable these days.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 06:03 - Jun 5 with 778 viewsstowmarketrange

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 13:30 - Jun 4 by BostonR

I just started watching the football cops series on channel 4,and it shows how some idiots behave at football matches.And it is the youngsters causing a lot of the problems now.They were talking about 13 and 14 year olds going around in gangs.
The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 09:40 - Jun 5 with 631 viewsLblock

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 00:03 - Jun 5 by bob566

The coke is the problem. Previously it was unemployed for the most part thugs s**t faced on cheap kestrel doing this crap. Now the middle and upper classes are doing it too because of coke making them invincible. Throw them all in together and you get a Wembley way that day that seemed acceptable to them. Isn't royal ascot and the horsey scene that way too now. Coke is just far too acceptable these days.

Jesus H Christ.... "previously it was (the) unemployed for the most part thugs s**t faced on cheap kestrel doing this crap"

I assume that's badly typed or I'm reading it wrong.

Being unemployed did / does not equal you being a thug and football hooligans were not gangs of marauding unemployed wasters either.

I'm not going to read this thread anymore but just to say if you try to physco analyse football violence you'll fail.
It's too vast must like society - yep there's Charlie, booze, nutters etc but add in the herd mentality, supressed maledom these days, aggressive attitudes in the young and so on and on and on.
Go all the way back to mods and rockers and before maybe.

The rise of our aggressive society now boils down to discipline being lost and accountability / self awareness being lost during the Blair years and the rise of the do gooders.
We're disbanding the police.
We're handing out more lenient sentances if anyone is actually charged
Messages been given to generations now that they will be given stuff, they don't have to work for it.
We've had it and it's very depressing.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:06 - Jun 5 with 507 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 00:49 - Jun 4 by SydneyRs

There's an old saying about peanuts and monkeys.

Its a job nobody really wants and is therefore taken by casual and probably often foreign workers. The hourly pay difference is irrelevant as these people are not working 37.5 or 40 hours a week in this job. They probably spend the rest of the time doing Uber eats etc. Nurses are criminally underpaid but are at least properly trained to do their job.

So of course the stewards are not properly equipped to handle loads of beered and coked up people on the rampage. Even those who are trained such as the police struggle with this. I assume every time QPR lose it is never the manager's fault then and purely down to the players? Even if they've been set up wrong or not properly trained?

This is down to government and authorities who have not provided sufficient police funding/resourcing to operate the way they ideally should and we are left with minimum wage casuals who don't really know what they are doing. Immigration for years has been used by governments for cheap labour such as this and also to make their economic performance look better by creating extra demand for goods and services.

Certainly it was a bad idea and pointless to restrict the crowd to 60k. Aside from it offering zero protection from the virus it encouraged people to have a crack at getting in because they knew there would be lots of empty seats. While some might still try with full capacity, chances of success would be far lower and therefore the numbers would be too.

But no doubt whatever went wrong was all because of "the left" or "woke".

I've already said I think the issue was with the event management and not just the crowd behavior. The behavior, while not ideal and definitely more vibrant than the vast, vast majority of events that've taken place at Wembley Stadium since the rebuild.....Needs to be managed. The Oasis gigs at Wembley in 2009 were also pretty vibrant with open drug taking and some gratuitous violence. Notting Hill Carnival is the same every August Bank Holiday. Several festivals in Finsbury Park every summer. No one cares. No one makes documentaries about those because it is/was not trendy to demonize those people.

The mentality of "Why should stewards deal with crowd control when they only get 12 quid an hour" is exactly the kind of excuse making that has got us to this point. And yes, the Netflix bods who produced this "documentary" are indeed "woke"

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 14:13 - Jun 5 with 475 viewsSheffieldHoop

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 23:43 - Jun 4 by thame_hoops

Well, there wasn’t the demand for the two games you mentioned. You’re comparing them to a Champions League final and the Euros final. The Leeds game didn’t sell out and the Manchester Derby has just got tedious.

Are you seriously calculating demand based on how many jibbers there were? If not, how did you work this out please?

Southampton and Leeds sold out their allocations....Any empty seats at that I'm guessing are Corporates who couldn't be arsed with a Second division match. Man Utd have more fans in London than Real Madrid has in Madrid. And I see a quite disturbing amount of Man City merchandise in London these days.

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 16:04 - Jun 5 with 386 viewsBostonR

The Final: Attack on Wembley - Netflix on 09:40 - Jun 5 by Lblock

Jesus H Christ.... "previously it was (the) unemployed for the most part thugs s**t faced on cheap kestrel doing this crap"

I assume that's badly typed or I'm reading it wrong.

Being unemployed did / does not equal you being a thug and football hooligans were not gangs of marauding unemployed wasters either.

I'm not going to read this thread anymore but just to say if you try to physco analyse football violence you'll fail.
It's too vast must like society - yep there's Charlie, booze, nutters etc but add in the herd mentality, supressed maledom these days, aggressive attitudes in the young and so on and on and on.
Go all the way back to mods and rockers and before maybe.

The rise of our aggressive society now boils down to discipline being lost and accountability / self awareness being lost during the Blair years and the rise of the do gooders.
We're disbanding the police.
We're handing out more lenient sentances if anyone is actually charged
Messages been given to generations now that they will be given stuff, they don't have to work for it.
We've had it and it's very depressing.

In fact you have to go back to Thatcher if you want to understand where the "I don't give a feck about anyone but me" attitude emanated from. Right now - something has to be done to control these idiots.
Thank God the summer has not been warm because all the ingredients are there for our cities to go up in flames.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024