Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis 12:57 - Jun 3 with 3778 viewsNorthernr

Every data point you could ask for in Andrew Scherer's final deep dive of the season, crunching the numbers to work out how and why QPR escaped from the Championship relegation zone with time and games to spare...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62517
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 14:54 - Jun 3 with 3451 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fascinating piece, thanks Andrew. Really enjoyed that.
The graph where we appear in extremes in three quadrants across the season was particularly amazing!

Bare bones.

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 15:15 - Jun 3 with 3377 viewsTonto

This is way too good and detailed. Can we hide this until Burnely have appointed someone else as manager?
[Post edited 3 Jun 15:27]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 15:19 - Jun 3 with 3367 viewsOldPedro

Really interesting article - thanks.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 02:00 - Jun 4 with 2739 viewssimmo

This is excellent, and obviously a lot of work! Thanks very much for sharing

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 09:10 - Jun 4 with 2531 viewsTheChef

Lovely stuff - cheers!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 09:13 - Jun 4 with 2526 viewsNorthernr

"yeh, we're not doing that any more."

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 10:48 - Jun 4 with 2347 viewsrobith

Fantastic. Loved this
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 11:19 - Jun 4 with 2271 viewsnix

This was brilliant.

Satisfied my nerdy little heart but nourished my keeness on the importance of mentality too.

It makes you see why data-driven football is so significant these days: if you know how the other team is successful it must be so much easier to overcome them. Also there's really no argument about a player's effectiveness over more than ten matches if it makes so much difference whether or not they're on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 12:07 - Jun 4 with 2201 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top quality analysis, thanks Andrew and Clive.

I've read it a few times this morning, and will read it many more times.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 13:19 - Jun 4 with 2089 viewsJamieNaz

Really enjoyed this. Very good at explaining what the data means in a very accessible way.

Looking forward to more of these if possible!
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 13:35 - Jun 4 with 2056 viewsdmm

Another grateful reader here. Many thanks for your work, Andrew. And Clive, more of these analyses, please. Love them.
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 08:32 - Jun 5 with 1460 viewsscheza

Thanks for the kind words all - very much a labour of love so it's always rewarding (/reassuring!) when other people find it interesting too.
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 12:40 - Jun 5 with 1287 viewsqprninja

A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 11:19 - Jun 4 by nix

This was brilliant.

Satisfied my nerdy little heart but nourished my keeness on the importance of mentality too.

It makes you see why data-driven football is so significant these days: if you know how the other team is successful it must be so much easier to overcome them. Also there's really no argument about a player's effectiveness over more than ten matches if it makes so much difference whether or not they're on the pitch.

#DOZZELL
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 15:01 - Jun 5 with 1187 viewsthehat

Thanks for this - Enjoyable read although probably far to much data for my simple football brain.

Incredible how football has become so data driven over the last few years.
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 19:00 - Jun 5 with 1027 viewsJules4367

Excellent piece
A season of three thirds: how Cifuentes and QPR beat the drop – Analysis on 21:21 - Jun 5 with 978 viewsDorse

I liked the bit with the numbers.

Great article - lots to be positive about and some fascinating insights into the how's and why's of the season.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024