Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! 10:41 - Jun 29 with 47464 viewsnumptydumpty

Has anyone seen the "Car Crash" performance of Joe Biden in his live TV debate v Trump.

Many times, he lost his train of thought. Often, he was.out of breath and many times he wasn't focusing.

This man is the so called leader of the developed world.

And he is going to get trounced, big time by Donald Trump, who could be beaten quite easily by a mediocre politician.

I really can't see how Americans can feel about their leaders in anyway that is positive whatsoever.

But this debate was shocking.
[Post edited 29 Jun 10:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 06:57 - Jul 25 with 2765 viewsNed_Kennedys

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 05:15 - Jul 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Adults are talking mate.

You’ll always be Sixth Form mate.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 07:22 - Jul 25 with 2710 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:07 - Jul 24 by connell10

So true mate , I'm not really pro Democrats or Anti Republican, I just can't stand Trump and I worry for the safety of the world if he gets back in.

"I worry for the safety of the world if he gets back in."
Care to elaborate, or are you going to continue blocking people whose opinions you disagree with?
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 07:26 - Jul 25 with 2707 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 19:50 - Jul 24 by numptydumpty

What's probably more dangerous than any of this is Netanyahu addressing Congress right now.

And all of Congress clapping and whooping.

Am slightly terrified about why this is happening and how this is likely to be perceived by all world nations.

It's a frightening speech.

I'd say it's no more dangerous, way less in my opinion, than the Canadian Parliament (a member of our own Commonwealth) honouring and giving a standing ovation to an actual Nazi who fought for Hitler.

Whether you stand by Israel or not, the fact is they are strong ally of the US, so it's only natural he would receive such a response from their Congress.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 07:41 - Jul 25 with 2673 viewshubble

It's interesting to note that this entire thread is devoted to debating personalities. There isn't a single mention about any candidate's policies.

I'm not taking sides here, but it is a bitter pill to swallow for those who support the Democrat side to note that when Trump was in power, American aggression around the world reduced significantly, yet as soon as the Democrats returned to power under Biden, it ramped up again. Despite the climate-altering hot air that is spouted about Trump, despite the utter contempt and hatred that people feel towards him, I have yet to hear a cogent analysis of his actual policies. And here's the absolute irony: if you took the personalities out of the equation, and debated solely on policies, you might find that many Trump-haters agree with him far more than they realise. He is a non-interventionist, and the reason the 'Democrats' despise him so much - IMO - is that they are utterly embedded with the 'military-industrial' complex - the war machine that fuels America's neoliberal cabals. In other words, he actually threatens that gross, bloated, evil cash cow. Yet the narrative is so cleverly manipulated, that people support wars like they support football teams. They assume Ukraine v Russia is just a simple black and white issue: Russia bad, Ukraine good, without considering that this is yet another American proxy war, like all the others they have waged over the decades. The American war MO is so blatantly obvious, yet people seem to fall for it again and again: Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine....... what are those all about at the end of the day? That's right: money. So isn't it ironic that it is not the Democrat party that wants to end this hideous process, it's Trump? And I say Trump advisedly, because until he came along, the Republicans were just as bad: look at the Bush presidencies.

As others have pointed out, what really troubles the political classes on both sides of the house in America, is that Trump is a maverick, who is not (apparently) signed up to the same plan that either side love. So even if you absolutely despise Donald Trump, as i know many of you do, it might be interesting for you to reflect on his non-interventionist stance.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 08:42 - Jul 25 with 2555 viewsconnell10

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 07:22 - Jul 25 by Orthodox_Hoop

"I worry for the safety of the world if he gets back in."
Care to elaborate, or are you going to continue blocking people whose opinions you disagree with?

No ill carry on blocking ta

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 09:05 - Jul 25 with 2478 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 06:57 - Jul 25 by Ned_Kennedys

You’ll always be Sixth Form mate.

You are probably not allowed within 50m of schools 😆
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 09:35 - Jul 25 with 2378 viewsEsox_Lucius

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 07:41 - Jul 25 by hubble

It's interesting to note that this entire thread is devoted to debating personalities. There isn't a single mention about any candidate's policies.

I'm not taking sides here, but it is a bitter pill to swallow for those who support the Democrat side to note that when Trump was in power, American aggression around the world reduced significantly, yet as soon as the Democrats returned to power under Biden, it ramped up again. Despite the climate-altering hot air that is spouted about Trump, despite the utter contempt and hatred that people feel towards him, I have yet to hear a cogent analysis of his actual policies. And here's the absolute irony: if you took the personalities out of the equation, and debated solely on policies, you might find that many Trump-haters agree with him far more than they realise. He is a non-interventionist, and the reason the 'Democrats' despise him so much - IMO - is that they are utterly embedded with the 'military-industrial' complex - the war machine that fuels America's neoliberal cabals. In other words, he actually threatens that gross, bloated, evil cash cow. Yet the narrative is so cleverly manipulated, that people support wars like they support football teams. They assume Ukraine v Russia is just a simple black and white issue: Russia bad, Ukraine good, without considering that this is yet another American proxy war, like all the others they have waged over the decades. The American war MO is so blatantly obvious, yet people seem to fall for it again and again: Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine....... what are those all about at the end of the day? That's right: money. So isn't it ironic that it is not the Democrat party that wants to end this hideous process, it's Trump? And I say Trump advisedly, because until he came along, the Republicans were just as bad: look at the Bush presidencies.

As others have pointed out, what really troubles the political classes on both sides of the house in America, is that Trump is a maverick, who is not (apparently) signed up to the same plan that either side love. So even if you absolutely despise Donald Trump, as i know many of you do, it might be interesting for you to reflect on his non-interventionist stance.

I refer my learned friend to my two posts on page 7 where I note that Trump and Vance have uttered nothing but personal character assassinations during their campaign so far.

The grass is always greener.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:15 - Jul 25 with 2166 viewsSheffieldHoop

I think feelings on a lot of this stuff really come down to how agreeable to media/government nudging you are. If you still believe the establishment media, wore the mask, took the knee, are still taking your covid jabs, believe diversity is a strength, that men can become women, not having kids for the sake of the environment etc then Trump is a dictator and It's hard to understand how people can even think of voting for him.

And if you don't believe the establishment media narratives anymore - And they are constantly providing us with reasons not to - you're almost certainly voting for Trump because you've seen behind the curtain and know these people - ie. The political/media/managerial class - hates you and would rather you stop reproducing, so they can get on with importing their new slave class. Fck them.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 12:31 - Jul 25 with 2120 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 01:04 - Jul 25 by LazyFan

If you had a daughter, would you leave them alone with Trump?

Please reply with deflections and not answering the question, then we know you would actually do that!

I mean, I would sooner leave my daughter with Trump than I would any random UK taxi driver. So, there's something to consider.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 1941 viewsderbyhoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 23:14 - Jul 24 by connell10

Amen a total and utter piece of low life.

Trump has a constituency in US, but it certainly hasn't translated to this side of the Atlantic. Except for a small bunch of cranks and weirdos. Including the MP for Clacton.

I find it incredible that anybody with half a brain will give him the time of day

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:31 - Jul 25 with 1915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:23 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

Trump has a constituency in US, but it certainly hasn't translated to this side of the Atlantic. Except for a small bunch of cranks and weirdos. Including the MP for Clacton.

I find it incredible that anybody with half a brain will give him the time of day

This sounds like Paul von Hindenburg in 1930.
[Post edited 25 Jul 14:33]
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:35 - Jul 25 with 1903 viewsGus_iom

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:23 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

Well, I don't know how anyone can vote for the identitarians, especially when you see what's happening to some cities, states even, that they run.
I would say 'vive la difference', but unfortunately the difference is so toxic and divided at the moment. Society fails if we all don't pull in broadly the same way, and at the moment we seem to be pulling further and further apart.
To think, social media, the web, it was going to bring everyone together.

Edit. We all need to find more common ground.
[Post edited 25 Jul 14:36]
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:45 - Jul 25 with 1849 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:35 - Jul 25 by Gus_iom

Well, I don't know how anyone can vote for the identitarians, especially when you see what's happening to some cities, states even, that they run.
I would say 'vive la difference', but unfortunately the difference is so toxic and divided at the moment. Society fails if we all don't pull in broadly the same way, and at the moment we seem to be pulling further and further apart.

We do all have common ground. It's QPR!
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:50 - Jul 25 with 1813 viewsLandshark

This might be geo blocked in the UK but well worth trying to find the video of John Oliver on Last Week Tonight talking this week about "Migrant Crime" in the US. A lot of hate-mongering among the likes of Fox News, spreading lies about the amount of crime committed by migrants. Crime numbers have actually been going down in the US but if you're watching Fox News it will paint a picture that crime is on the rise and it's all down to the people crossing the border. Fox have been constantly pushing this narrative since the start of 2024 because that's what Trump wants them to push.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:52 - Jul 25 with 1795 viewsconnell10

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:45 - Jul 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

We do all have common ground. It's QPR!

COM ON U RSSSSS!
[Post edited 25 Jul 14:53]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:43 - Jul 25 with 1683 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:50 - Jul 25 by Landshark

This might be geo blocked in the UK but well worth trying to find the video of John Oliver on Last Week Tonight talking this week about "Migrant Crime" in the US. A lot of hate-mongering among the likes of Fox News, spreading lies about the amount of crime committed by migrants. Crime numbers have actually been going down in the US but if you're watching Fox News it will paint a picture that crime is on the rise and it's all down to the people crossing the border. Fox have been constantly pushing this narrative since the start of 2024 because that's what Trump wants them to push.

Crime across the West has been falling since the late 1970s. And there is a study I read a couple of years ago that shows a correlation between the falling crime rate and the removal of lead from petrol.
Basically lead causes behavioural issues in developing brains. Hence kids today seem, on the most part, a little more level headed.

Regarding the news/media, what do they fill rolling 24hr news with, or to boost ratings, unless it is sensationalist and scaremongering?
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:42 - Jul 25 with 1544 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 15:43 - Jul 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Crime across the West has been falling since the late 1970s. And there is a study I read a couple of years ago that shows a correlation between the falling crime rate and the removal of lead from petrol.
Basically lead causes behavioural issues in developing brains. Hence kids today seem, on the most part, a little more level headed.

Regarding the news/media, what do they fill rolling 24hr news with, or to boost ratings, unless it is sensationalist and scaremongering?

The old Lead–crime Conspiracy theory. Little more than sensationalist scaremongering if you ask me. Likely made up by environmentalists. But because you agree with it, you don't see it that way.

What else might've caused crime to drop in the 90s? CCTV anyone?

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:50 - Jul 25 with 1495 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 14:35 - Jul 25 by Gus_iom

I actually don't think that most people have moved much politically. What changed is the managerial/media/political class, who jumped fully on board with the woke thing and now cannot bring themselves to admit their mind has been infected by ideas that most normal people reject.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:54 - Jul 25 with 1514 viewsChrisNW6

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:42 - Jul 25 by SheffieldHoop

The old Lead–crime Conspiracy theory. Little more than sensationalist scaremongering if you ask me. Likely made up by environmentalists. But because you agree with it, you don't see it that way.

High levels of ecstasy usage and a lot of love
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:57 - Jul 25 with 1472 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:54 - Jul 25 by ChrisNW6

High levels of ecstasy usage and a lot of love

Of the stabbings I've seen IRL, most of them were while I was on ecstasy. Freeparties are really bad for it these days. A real shame.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 17:47 - Jul 25 with 1384 viewsChrisNW6

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:57 - Jul 25 by SheffieldHoop

Of the stabbings I've seen IRL, most of them were while I was on ecstasy. Freeparties are really bad for it these days. A real shame.

Nearly eradicated all stabbings and football violence between 88-91 then it started creeping back in.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:00 - Jul 25 with 1351 viewsR_from_afar

If you want to get a feel for the parts of the US which support Trump while reading an amusing story about travel, this is a great read. It's not a political tome, it's about Tim Moore's attempts to drive a Ford Model T across the States. He deliberately picks a route which winds through Trump's strongholds. I found it entertaining yet poignant and insightful. Please note that while, at the outset, Tim struggles to understand the appeal of Trump - hence the choice of route - he doesn't poke fun at Trump's followers, he is respectful and keeps an open mind.

Like most of his travel books, it weaves in some history too, in this case, the story of Henry Ford.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/another-fine-mess/tim-moore/9781787290297

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:42 - Jul 25 with 1250 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:42 - Jul 25 by SheffieldHoop

Since the 1970s crime has been falling, pre mass CCTV cameras in the public domain.

And lead has a long proven to be a poison for 100 years. Why do you think we don't have lead pipe (unless playing Cluedo) carrying water, or why food is not preserved in lead rather than tin.

I think you're trying to wind people up, as no one with an average IQ would dispute that lead is poisonous.
BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 11:09 - Jul 26 with 945 viewsSheffieldHoop

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 18:42 - Jul 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Since the 1970s crime has been falling, pre mass CCTV cameras in the public domain.

And lead has a long proven to be a poison for 100 years. Why do you think we don't have lead pipe (unless playing Cluedo) carrying water, or why food is not preserved in lead rather than tin.

I think you're trying to wind people up, as no one with an average IQ would dispute that lead is poisonous.

I think you are trying to wind me up. I haven't said anything about lead not being poisonous and yet here you are claiming I did and calling me low IQ because of it

I'm saying the assumption that lead in petrol causes higher crime rates is a conspiracy theory. There may be some evidence to support the idea - But there is no proof - it's a hypothesis, which in the real world where most people live, is commonly referred to as a conspiracy theory.

BIden v Trump - and we thought our options were poor !! on 16:16 - Jul 26 with 807 viewsGaryT

Here's the latest disgusting thing from Trumps lips. Let's just add that to the huge mountain of others that the Trumpsters will never know about. Or even worse, will find out about and not care.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/article/2024/jul/24/trump-nephew-book-disabled
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024