Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First NFL Game 20:30 - Sep 5 with 3534 viewsBoston

...this evening. Chiefs v Ravens, I'll watch some of it, 'till I doze off.

Here in New England, we think the Pats will be lucky to win six this season.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First NFL Game on 14:36 - Sep 9 with 1135 viewsCLAREMAN1995

First NFL Game on 14:15 - Sep 9 by hantssi

Does “The Fridge” still play?

The Chicago Bears won the Super Bowl in 85 with one of the most ferocious defenses in NFL history but due to dick measuring clashes between Head Coach (Ditka ) and Defensive cordinator (Buddy Ryan ) they were a 1 and done when they should have won a couple at least .
William "the fridge" Perry was a legend back then but now due to ill health and injuries to brain and body he is in a nursing home broke and doing very poorly according to reports.
Steve ''Mongo" McMichael is dying from ALS due to brain injuries suffered during his Bears career like lots of older players who face crippling injuries and long term health issues due to playing.
McMichael was inducted into thr Pro Football HOF a few weeks ago.They unveiled a bronze bust of his head from his playing days and the contrast of that compared to the poor soul lying helpless in the bed destroyed by the curse ALS was horrific to be brutally honest.
First NFL Game on 14:39 - Sep 9 with 1124 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

First NFL Game on 14:21 - Sep 9 by PBLOCK

Mate as I said for me it’s too stop start (my opinion)

Didn’t slag it off

The ball in football goes back in a lot quicker, yes obviously there’s time wasting which annoys everyone and we would like to see stamped out

No need to be obtuse

Sorry mate, wasn't having a pop at you - more so the argument as I watch a lot of NFL and hear it a lot from mates. It really is a wonderful, fascinating, strategic game. If you watch it from a frame of mind of observing deliberate, turn-by-turn strategy rather than an equivalent of football, it really does flow a lot better than our football which is littered with dishonesty and conning officials. Not everyone's cup of tea though of course.
First NFL Game on 14:59 - Sep 9 with 1093 viewsTheChef

First NFL Game on 14:36 - Sep 9 by CLAREMAN1995

The Chicago Bears won the Super Bowl in 85 with one of the most ferocious defenses in NFL history but due to dick measuring clashes between Head Coach (Ditka ) and Defensive cordinator (Buddy Ryan ) they were a 1 and done when they should have won a couple at least .
William "the fridge" Perry was a legend back then but now due to ill health and injuries to brain and body he is in a nursing home broke and doing very poorly according to reports.
Steve ''Mongo" McMichael is dying from ALS due to brain injuries suffered during his Bears career like lots of older players who face crippling injuries and long term health issues due to playing.
McMichael was inducted into thr Pro Football HOF a few weeks ago.They unveiled a bronze bust of his head from his playing days and the contrast of that compared to the poor soul lying helpless in the bed destroyed by the curse ALS was horrific to be brutally honest.

Yeah brutal stuff back then

Must be similar risks now unless protection equipment has really developed that much?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

First NFL Game on 15:07 - Sep 9 with 1083 viewsCLAREMAN1995

First NFL Game on 14:59 - Sep 9 by TheChef

Yeah brutal stuff back then

Must be similar risks now unless protection equipment has really developed that much?

No TheChef the game has leaped into the future literally with new helmets and strict rules on head injuries ,voilent tackles etc and player welfare is front and center today.They wrap the QB in cotton wool literally to protect their franchise and the league have changed the rules multiple times so much he can barely be touched now to the deteriment of the game IMO.
The financial packages for retirement and long term health issues are excellent I believe due to new bargining agreements between the players union and the NFL.
Of course the anount of torn ACLs, Achilies and all other muscle injuries continue at a pretty hectic rate sinply due to the speed of play and hits etc.
First NFL Game on 15:40 - Sep 9 with 1025 viewsthame_hoops

First NFL Game on 10:46 - Sep 9 by PBLOCK

American Football not my favourite sport to be honest just find it too stop /start

One thing I would say there’s a very good doc on Netflix if you like NFL called Receivers on Netflix

Decent watch

The stop/start thing is an integral part. Once you understand the rules it’s a great sport, always helps to have a rooting interest. But I get it’s not for everyone
First NFL Game on 16:00 - Sep 9 with 1011 viewsPBLOCK

First NFL Game on 14:39 - Sep 9 by Padulas_Shampoo

Sorry mate, wasn't having a pop at you - more so the argument as I watch a lot of NFL and hear it a lot from mates. It really is a wonderful, fascinating, strategic game. If you watch it from a frame of mind of observing deliberate, turn-by-turn strategy rather than an equivalent of football, it really does flow a lot better than our football which is littered with dishonesty and conning officials. Not everyone's cup of tea though of course.

Fair enough mate as I said it’s something I kind of struggle to get into it

Usually watch the first half of the Superbowl and that’s about it, went to a game with a mate at Spurs new ground but again just didn’t get into it

That said the doc I said about on Netflix for someone like me with no real affiliation I found really interesting definitely worth a watch
First NFL Game on 18:50 - Sep 9 with 915 viewsstowmarketrange

First NFL Game on 16:00 - Sep 9 by PBLOCK

Fair enough mate as I said it’s something I kind of struggle to get into it

Usually watch the first half of the Superbowl and that’s about it, went to a game with a mate at Spurs new ground but again just didn’t get into it

That said the doc I said about on Netflix for someone like me with no real affiliation I found really interesting definitely worth a watch

The problem with the games over here is that you get fans of all the teams in the NFL,which dilutes the atmosphere a bit I reckon.For some fans it’s their only chance of seeing a live NFL game,but if you watched the same game in the states you’d only get fans of the two teams playing.
Every year I say that I’ll get over to Miami to watch the dolphins live,but the prices are just ridiculous to watch a 1 game of American football.
First NFL Game on 19:16 - Sep 9 with 907 viewshantssi

First NFL Game on 14:36 - Sep 9 by CLAREMAN1995

Wow, that’s sad.
Wasn’t he really supposed to be blocking for Walter Payton?
Login to get fewer ads

First NFL Game on 22:36 - Sep 9 with 794 viewsHoopstar

Already looking like a long, frustrating season for those of us of a Giants persuasion. Really should have married an American that supported a better team. Ah well.
First NFL Game on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 712 viewsthame_hoops

First NFL Game on 22:36 - Sep 9 by Hoopstar

Already looking like a long, frustrating season for those of us of a Giants persuasion. Really should have married an American that supported a better team. Ah well.

That uniform looked awful. I know it was a special edition hundred anniversary thing, but still. Looked like they were naked from the waste down!
First NFL Game on 13:06 - Sep 10 with 674 viewsHoopstar

Nabers looked good on debut - always exciting to have a highly rated WR pick joining the team, not had an excellent WR since ODJ which is going back some.

Barkley a big loss to the Big Blue.
First NFL Game on 20:31 - Sep 15 with 401 viewsBoston

As I'm a bit of a fidget, more often than not I'm listening, or at least partially listening to games as I'm on the move.
One thing I've noted over the years is the delay in broadcast between tv and radio, usually the radio lagging behind the telly. But today, I've realized it's the other way around, certainly for the Pats game. Odd.

First NFL Game on 23:48 - Sep 15 with 347 viewsBoston

Fair outing from the Pats, underdogs again but it turned out to be an evenly contested game. Most Pats fans will feel a little gutted by the loss, but another good performance in my book.

First NFL Game on 11:49 - Sep 16 with 217 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I am still in shock at how well the Saints are playing. And I'm loving it. Just booked by flights for the home superbowl
First NFL Game on 12:45 - Sep 16 with 195 viewsE17hoop

First NFL Game on 11:49 - Sep 16 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I am still in shock at how well the Saints are playing. And I'm loving it. Just booked by flights for the home superbowl

We are something special this year.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

First NFL Game on 12:54 - Sep 16 with 187 viewsEsox_Lucius

KC Chiefs off to their usual stuttering start. Pacheco looks phenomenal atm.

The grass is always greener.

First NFL Game on 13:22 - Sep 16 with 176 viewsE17hoop

First NFL Game on 12:54 - Sep 16 by Esox_Lucius

KC Chiefs off to their usual stuttering start. Pacheco looks phenomenal atm.

I really thought the Bengals were going to win and, apart from that PI call, would have done.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024