Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woy Confirmed 15:14 - May 1 with 2504 viewsA40Bosh

BBC.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Woy Confirmed on 15:22 - May 1 with 1691 viewsN12Hoop

A bizarre chain of events presided over by a joke organisation. From deafening silence to this; no other candidates, just a rush decision as if they forgot there was a tournament coming up and they didn't have a manager. And after all this nothingness, they couldn't wait 2 more weeks until the end of the season and avoid being accused of impacting those clubs involved! Cretins.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Woy Confirmed on 15:24 - May 1 with 1683 viewstimcocking

Fair play to the man. He's worked his way up from the bottom and deserves a chance given the way that Spurs have crumbled like this.

I never wanted a foreign manager, i found it humiliating (no offence to any foreigners, nothing against (most) foreigners). And McClaren? Ummm, Hesky down the left wing? Uh, no thanks Steve. He's not a left winger you see.

I mean honestly, paying somebody millions of pounds a year to manage England team and he can't even speak English to the players! Fcuking ridiculous.
Woy Confirmed on 15:31 - May 1 with 1662 viewsJuzzie

I don't believe in any conspiries to get us sent down but yes, the FA could have waited until the season is over. They waited this long, another 10 days won't make any difference.

Woy Confirmed on 15:32 - May 1 with 1657 viewsadhoc_qpr

Decent choice and his CV is signifcantly better than Redknapp's.

I don't see what they would have really gained from interviewing the other candidates that they didn't already know either.

I agree the timing seems strange, why wait so long then act 2 weeks before the end of the season?

Mind you, the manager isn't really the problem, it's the players but that won't stop the press roasting Woy alive when we crash out in the group stage!
Woy Confirmed on 15:34 - May 1 with 1649 viewsNorthernr

Not entirely sure I agree with that N12. I don't think you can accuse them of rushing it, Capello went nearly three months ago. If they only sat down to discuss it last week then yes it's a typical FA rush job but I don't believe that to be the case. I think what we have to be very careful of here is assuming that Harry Redknapp was ever the first choice. It was entirely the media who portrayed him as that from the moment he walked out of court. Nobody ever sourced their stories, they just said it had to be Arry and it was ridiculous it was taking so long.

Hodgson is a better candidate than Redknapp in a lot of ways
- more international experience
- more experience of coaching abroad
- broader range of clubs and types of players managed
- more tactically astute
- not dodgy
- somebody who is willing to oversee the Burton project and an overhaul at all levels of the national game. Harry wouldn't be in Burton five days a week would he? He'd want to live in Sandbanks, go to a couple of games at the weekend, roll up once every five weeks and pick a team, probably with Lampard in it until the day he dies.

I wouldn't have been against the redknapp appointment, in fact he was probably my first choice as well, but Hodgson is a good appointment. Or at least he would be for any other country in our position. Sadly, as I've said previously, I can't see the disinterested egos in the England squad wanting to run through four hour pattern of play drills for Roy Hodgson and the press are already out to get him because he's not Redknapp so I don't think he'll do any good.
Woy Confirmed on 15:42 - May 1 with 1611 viewsN12Hoop

Woy Confirmed on 15:34 - May 1 by Northernr

Not entirely sure I agree with that N12. I don't think you can accuse them of rushing it, Capello went nearly three months ago. If they only sat down to discuss it last week then yes it's a typical FA rush job but I don't believe that to be the case. I think what we have to be very careful of here is assuming that Harry Redknapp was ever the first choice. It was entirely the media who portrayed him as that from the moment he walked out of court. Nobody ever sourced their stories, they just said it had to be Arry and it was ridiculous it was taking so long.

- more tactically astute
- not dodgy
- somebody who is willing to oversee the Burton project and an overhaul at all levels of the national game. Harry wouldn't be in Burton five days a week would he? He'd want to live in Sandbanks, go to a couple of games at the weekend, roll up once every five weeks and pick a team, probably with Lampard in it until the day he dies.

I wouldn't have been against the redknapp appointment, in fact he was probably my first choice as well, but Hodgson is a good appointment. Or at least he would be for any other country in our position. Sadly, as I've said previously, I can't see the disinterested egos in the England squad wanting to run through four hour pattern of play drills for Roy Hodgson and the press are already out to get him because he's not Redknapp so I don't think he'll do any good.

All fair points which I agree with, but if Alex Ferguson was set to be appointed I'd be interested to know if they would have waited until after the season was over to announce it.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Woy Confirmed on 15:44 - May 1 with 1605 viewsAntti_Heinola

- more tactically astute
- not dodgy

Agree with all of that norf. My one riposte, if it can be called as such, would be to say that you are right: the egos won't want that kind of training. Which does give Hodgson the chance to get rid of the lot of them. They never won anything for England and won't now, so I fail to see the point in picking them - and I'd include Gerrard in that. Start again now with a young squad - Hodgson has all the excuses in the world to take a young hungry team to the Euros and failure will mean nothing, but at least it will be a valuable building block to the World Cup.

Bare bones.

Woy Confirmed on 15:49 - May 1 with 1596 viewsJamie

Don't buy into the time taken to appoint Hodgson - I genuinely believe he was always #1 choice but they wanted to see how he finished the season.

If theyd chosen a new manager immediately, Spurs were 3rd, WBA 16th/17th. Think what tools like Martin Samuel would've said if his beloved 'Arry was overlooked for a manager fighting relegation...

As for doing it on Sunday, the timing is perfect with Spurs getting back to winning ways. Not appointing 'Arry can't be blamed on his slump with them back in the Top 4...
Login to get fewer ads

Woy Confirmed on 15:55 - May 1 with 1572 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps the reason is, as Myles Palmer puts it, that "Roy Hodgson never opened a Monaco bank account in his dog's name":
http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/2409/30/Roy-Hodgson-never-open

Air hostess clique

Woy Confirmed on 15:56 - May 1 with 1563 viewsNorthernr

In addition on the timing, perhaps they were waiting until West Brom were safe which was only technically at the weekend wasn't it?
Woy Confirmed on 15:56 - May 1 with 1563 viewsHollowayRanger

hodgson dull grey boring safe

redknapp total oppsite

but tainted

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Woy Confirmed on 16:08 - May 1 with 1528 viewsandygg

I quite like Woy, but I think it`s stupid that the FA didnt at least consider Redknapp.
The FA always seem to choose the boring men.
Woy Confirmed on 16:17 - May 1 with 1499 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

- more tactically astute
- not dodgy

That's much the way I see it, Northern. In fact Hodgson was so much the better candidate I had my one football bet of the season on him one month ago. Last year the bet was Blackburn for relegation, which turned out not such a good idea.

In that the media are out to get whoever is England manager I don't think Hodgson's disadvantages are that much more of a problem. I expected Redknapp's tenure to be a Keegan like disaster plus rattling skeletons in the cupboard bringing the whole thing crashing down inside two years. Hodgson will hang in there, trying to ride the criticism. Who knows he might even crack it, if he improves England as he has done other international sides ??
Woy Confirmed on 16:22 - May 1 with 1478 viewsJamie

A journalist genuinely just asked Hodgson's opinion of Apartheid because he played for a year in South Africa
Woy Confirmed on 16:24 - May 1 with 1470 viewsNorthernr

Press now asking whether Hodgson is an Apartheid sympathiser because he went to play football in South Africa in 1973. You've got to fcking wonder sometimes haven't you.
Woy Confirmed on 16:27 - May 1 with 1451 viewsToast_R

Could possibly work in our favour now to be fair. Can you imagine the grief Hodgson wil get if his team lose to a team in the bottom 3?

Think he will be gunning for a very strong finish as West Brom manager else the press will have a right old field day.

About Roy himself, ticks all the boxes with the FA and very much in the mould they like. Clean cut, generally liked by everyone. A bit of a boring personality granted but then Arsen Wenger aint exactly a go on the Big Dipper either?

Woy Confirmed on 16:28 - May 1 with 1446 viewsWatford_Ranger

I'm rarely one for conspiracy theories but it wouldn't surprise me if Gartside has helped force this through a bit earlier than it would have been if Bolton didn't have a crucial home game with West Brom.
Woy Confirmed on 16:31 - May 1 with 1442 viewsTHEBUSH

Woy Confirmed on 15:56 - May 1 by HollowayRanger

hodgson dull grey boring safe

redknapp total oppsite

but tainted

They used to call Bobby Robson, Mogadon, because his team talks sent you to sleep, but also he was Englands most successful manager since Alf Ramsey.
Hope he does get rid of the old guard and picks his own team, otherwise he's in for big problems.
Woy Confirmed on 16:33 - May 1 with 1436 viewswestberksr

Woy Confirmed on 16:24 - May 1 by Northernr

Press now asking whether Hodgson is an Apartheid sympathiser because he went to play football in South Africa in 1973. You've got to fcking wonder sometimes haven't you.

well he's bound to pick johnterryvvanker if that's the case!

has he won a match yet? No, sack the racist twunt

gotta love the gutterpress
Woy Confirmed on 16:36 - May 1 with 1425 viewseastside_r

Anything that pisses off that beardy fat bastard Samuels at the Mail must be good.

Redknapp is a horrible man.
Woy Confirmed on 16:43 - May 1 with 1398 viewsexiled_dictator

Press Conference questions suspiciously left out:

Roy, can you tell us why you are not Harry?

When will you resign so the FA can appoint the man we wanted?

How often will we be allowed to take the pi$$ about your lack of r?

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Woy Confirmed on 16:46 - May 1 with 1388 viewsdaveB

well the press dug up a 20 year old story on Stuart Pearce within five minutes of him getting the job for one game so no shock they are after Hodgson already. The press in this country are a joke
Woy Confirmed on 16:52 - May 1 with 1372 viewsJamie

Hack: "Can you tell us whether 'Arry was considered for the role?"

Bernstein: "I won't name individuals but we had had several names on our short list but quickly decided it was Roy we wanted"

Hack: "Can you tell us why you wouldn't even let 'Arry interview?"

Bernstein: "I'm not going to discuss individuals but Roy was always #1 choice"
Woy Confirmed on 16:53 - May 1 with 1365 viewsPizanti

To be honest I don't really think it matters who the next manager is ...the current crop of youngsters coming through are so poor ...England are in for a few lean years ...back to the bad old days of the mid/late 70's and early 80's ...we won't qualify for the next world cup and Woy will get the sack ...if anything this will probably strengten Harry the twitch's position!
Woy Confirmed on 17:00 - May 1 with 1348 viewsadhoc_qpr

Unbelievable the stuff about Apartheid 15 mins into his first press conference!!

The media are clearly gunning for Roy big time, god help him if he doesn't name their prefered squad and convincingly win his first friendly...

The young crop of players are overrated currently, but lets at least give them a chance to fail first - we KNOW what the older players can do (i.e. nothing!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024