Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diakite Official 15:04 - Jun 27 with 4090 viewsBAWHoops

on Facebook

QPR FC
DIAKITE SIGNS: QPR FC is delighted to confirm the permanent transfer of Samba Diakite on a four year-deal. #QPR

And on twitter

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR
DIAKITE: 'It’s a fantastic Club to play for and the owners have great plans for the future — I am just delighted to be part of it.' #QPR

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Diakite Official on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 1170 viewsBlackCrowe

Diakite Official on 15:48 - Jun 27 by RBlock

Such a relief tying this up! Had me fretting ever since the mysterious virus!

Can't wait to see our french speaking contingent having a decent crack at this league!

great pic

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Diakite Official on 16:02 - Jun 27 with 1138 viewstheQPRking

Diakite Official on 16:05 - Jun 27 with 1129 viewsPhildo

Any man who tucks one short leg into his pants, ghosts past players and tries to maim people occasionally surely belongs at rangers.
Diakite Official on 16:09 - Jun 27 with 1121 viewsA40Bosh

Am I the only one who is decidedly underwhelmed by this "signing"?

In his debut, he proved he can be as big a liability as Barton and Ciise with a suspect footballing brain and making rash decisions and badly timed tackles in dangerous places.

Ok so he then went on and performed reasonably well against the lesser clubs but his ability to "drift" passed players in the top 6 clubs will soon be found out and he will be constantly being caught in possession and put the defence on the back foot.

Where is the proof that he will automatically form an effective partnership with Ali Faurlin? - I think putting Derry inbeside Faurlin is a safer option until Hughes goes out and buys an experienced midfielder from one of the top 6 clubs.

And what's with the return to the 4 year contract. I thought that Mike Rigg was supposed to be the replacement to the madness of The Italian Waiter. What happens if we get relegated and then cant offload him because he will be too expensive to offload and no one else will want to pay his wages because he is probably on 60-70K a week so that he wont be upset by being paid less than Barton.

I think this signing shows a lack of ambition and a return to financial meltdown that we thought we had moved away from.

We have probably paid over the top for him when we could have put the money towards paying off the replacement ABC loan.

Much better players are probably available from the premier league clubs afte 1st July and if we waited until just before the transfer window shuts we could have probably bagged ourselves a bargain for a proven player.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Diakite Official on 16:12 - Jun 27 with 1104 viewsGloucs_R

Diakite Official on 16:09 - Jun 27 by A40Bosh

In his debut, he proved he can be as big a liability as Barton and Ciise with a suspect footballing brain and making rash decisions and badly timed tackles in dangerous places.

Ok so he then went on and performed reasonably well against the lesser clubs but his ability to "drift" passed players in the top 6 clubs will soon be found out and he will be constantly being caught in possession and put the defence on the back foot.

Where is the proof that he will automatically form an effective partnership with Ali Faurlin? - I think putting Derry inbeside Faurlin is a safer option until Hughes goes out and buys an experienced midfielder from one of the top 6 clubs.

And what's with the return to the 4 year contract. I thought that Mike Rigg was supposed to be the replacement to the madness of The Italian Waiter. What happens if we get relegated and then cant offload him because he will be too expensive to offload and no one else will want to pay his wages because he is probably on 60-70K a week so that he wont be upset by being paid less than Barton.

I think this signing shows a lack of ambition and a return to financial meltdown that we thought we had moved away from.

We have probably paid over the top for him when we could have put the money towards paying off the replacement ABC loan.

Much better players are probably available from the premier league clubs afte 1st July and if we waited until just before the transfer window shuts we could have probably bagged ourselves a bargain for a proven player.

YEP. I cant wait to see the new Viera strut his stuff.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Diakite Official on 16:17 - Jun 27 with 1083 viewsA40Bosh

Diakite Official on 16:12 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

Actually over the moon about it. They say that good and bad things normally come in threes and I was waiting for the third good piece of good news today and it arrived on queue.

1. My boss was called out to anothe office all day at short notice - queue manic celebrations this morning when the news broke.
2. LB Hillingdon after 4.5mths of waiting finally approved our planning application for an extension
3. The Mental Malian returns on a permanent.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Diakite Official on 16:19 - Jun 27 with 1073 viewssimmo

Diakite Official on 16:12 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

He's no Danny Murphy

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Diakite Official on 16:19 - Jun 27 with 1071 viewsBlackCrowe

Diakite Official on 16:09 - Jun 27 by A40Bosh

LOL...you almost had me there. You were joking right?

Login to get fewer ads

Diakite Official on 16:22 - Jun 27 with 1059 viewsTacticalR

A40Bosh, I don't think there is anything wrong with raising these questions.

Yes, he is unproven. Yes, there is a question over his temperament and abilities.

However, after starting off as a complete headbanger he did improve quickly, and played a part in our struggle against relegation. And we definitely need some younger players to play alongside the older players in the squad.

Edit: Oops, you got me

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Air hostess clique

Diakite Official on 16:25 - Jun 27 with 1046 viewsA40Bosh

Diakite Official on 16:19 - Jun 27 by BlackCrowe

LOL...you almost had me there. You were joking right?

Well I was concerned that no one else had had a good old rant that we had not signed Messi instead.

Diakite Official on 16:27 - Jun 27 with 1037 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh yes, baby!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Diakite Official on 16:42 - Jun 27 with 1003 viewsTacticalR

Diakite Official on 16:25 - Jun 27 by A40Bosh

Well I was concerned that no one else had had a good old rant that we had not signed Messi instead.

Venky's are signing him for Blackburn.

Air hostess clique

Diakite Official on 16:57 - Jun 27 with 968 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Have a feeling he will be the fans favourite this time next year

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Diakite Official on 17:01 - Jun 27 with 959 viewsqueensparker

Diakite Official on 16:57 - Jun 27 by RANGERS4EVER

Have a feeling he will be the fans favourite this time next year

I think he's the fan's favourite now!

So chuffed about this, I hope we don't pile too much pressure on Faurlin and Samba, in the close season they seemed to have turned into Iniesta and Roy Keane in people's minds. Having Barton / Derry around as well is going to be important.
Diakite Official on 17:09 - Jun 27 with 932 viewsToast_R

Great signing but anyone who says they were impressed from day 1 vs Fulham like on page 1 of this thread, are 100% talking out of their rear end.
Diakite Official on 17:15 - Jun 27 with 910 views00calben

Diakite Official on 17:09 - Jun 27 by Toast_R

Great signing but anyone who says they were impressed from day 1 vs Fulham like on page 1 of this thread, are 100% talking out of their rear end.

More than happy to admit that I was one of them and delighted he proved us wrong.

Drooling over the prospect of him and a fully-fit Ale in centre midfield next season
Diakite Official on 17:39 - Jun 27 with 880 viewsBrumHoop

Great signing, true Rangers play if ever I saw one!

One thing i noticed was that after that Fulham game, he seemed to adapt and LEARN from it... If Hughes and the rest of the back room staff can get their teeth into him, and he can show steady improvement over the next couple of seasons, then.... WOW. We could have some player on our hands.

I don't want us to put too much pressure on Ali and Samba in midfield though, and would still like to see us bring in a 'steady eddie' in that area.
Diakite Official on 18:01 - Jun 27 with 833 viewssexton

Guilty!
Diakite Official on 18:04 - Jun 27 with 825 viewsBillionR

£4m signing with what looks like a bic biro in the photo!
Diakite Official on 18:19 - Jun 27 with 798 viewssimmo

Diakite Official on 17:39 - Jun 27 by BrumHoop

Great signing, true Rangers play if ever I saw one!

One thing i noticed was that after that Fulham game, he seemed to adapt and LEARN from it... If Hughes and the rest of the back room staff can get their teeth into him, and he can show steady improvement over the next couple of seasons, then.... WOW. We could have some player on our hands.

I don't want us to put too much pressure on Ali and Samba in midfield though, and would still like to see us bring in a 'steady eddie' in that area.

To be fair as bad as Rangers fans are when it comes to them vilifying somebody by the same token if a player is liked and popular they are forgiven for the odd mistake. Samba despite limited games has already established a good line of credit with R's faithful so I think we will give him enough time and support. Hopefully the progress we have seen so far carries on and he becomes what we all hope he will be in the middle and perfect foil for Faurlin at the same time

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Diakite Official on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 786 viewscheeseydane

I think this will have a knock on effect.

For starters, AT surely will want to extend his contract here. And if Sambas as good as i think he may be, it makes the club a far more attractive proposition for targets in the future.

I think the 'swerve and glide' that SD admirably performs needs a good name. It reminds me of basketball players when they seem to define gravity and glide horizontally in the air.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Diakite Official on 19:07 - Jun 27 with 714 viewsGloucs_R

Actually some of us did say he looked class that day...until he got sent off.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Diakite Official on 19:24 - Jun 27 with 679 viewsAgedR

He will be playing for a top four team in two years. It would be a dream if it were us, but, if not, £20m at least. Magnificent signing, magnificent business. Sparky, you are da man!

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Diakite Official on 19:32 - Jun 27 with 665 viewsBlackCrowe

If he stays injury free, he has the potential to be a hugely valuable player. MH knows this, 4 year deal proves it.

Diakite Official on 19:57 - Jun 27 with 633 viewsToast_R

Diakite Official on 19:07 - Jun 27 by Gloucs_R

Actually some of us did say he looked class that day...until he got sent off.

If class is scored by kicking lumps out of anything that moved, Joey Barton's antics at City must have been Maradona Mexico86 standard?

His red card that day was about 15 mins overdue. Did learn from it quick and was sensational afterwards.

I'm going to roll my shorts up around the thigh the rest of the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024