Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Him" 16:41 - Oct 18 with 3714 viewsklr

Do you think the £70'000 a week "England Superstar" that very clearly to every man, women & child in the stadium cannot play football will be making an appearance on the pitch this weekend ?
"Him" on 16:45 - Oct 18 with 2500 viewsLimehouseR

Who? Tony Scully?
"Him" on 16:55 - Oct 18 with 2463 viewsNorthernr

SWP? Taken me 20 minutes.

Yes I think he will. Lots of talk about tightening the defence and running repetitive drills in training and for whatever reason they seem to view him as an asset defensively.

In related news I shall be arriving in the pub at 11.30 before the match to ensure I've consumed the chief medical officer's recommended dosage of alcohol for somebody who is about to watch Shaun Wright-Phillips play football.

"Him" on 17:09 - Oct 18 with 2410 viewsklr

"Him" on 16:55 - Oct 18 by Northernr

Yes I think he will. Lots of talk about tightening the defence and running repetitive drills in training and for whatever reason they seem to view him as an asset defensively.

In related news I shall be arriving in the pub at 11.30 before the match to ensure I've consumed the chief medical officer's recommended dosage of alcohol for somebody who is about to watch Shaun Wright-Phillips play football.

I'd have to arrive at the battle cruiser at 11.30PM saturday night if facing the prospect of watching the useless wee prick "perform"
"Him" on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 2370 viewsdaveB

not really looking to defend Wright-Phillips but Mackie has been woeful the last few games he's played and up against Baines and pieenar we'll need a strong right side to the team defensivley so I'd expect wright-phillips to be invovled. Hoilett has looked decent in the middle or the left but he's a bit like Traore in standing with his hands on his hips on the halfway line rather than defending
"Him" on 17:28 - Oct 18 with 2357 viewsQPR_Jim

Park can do the defensive job on the right hand side of midfield, pack the middle with Diakite and Faulin with Granero infront of them then stick Adel on the left with a hefty chunk of freedom and Zamora up front. Simple.

As for SWP he can sit on the bench so long as he doesn't get any ideas about actually playing.
"Him" on 17:35 - Oct 18 with 2341 viewsdaveB

i'd go with Park on the right as well but I can see why Hughes might go with him in this game
"Him" on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 2316 viewsbosh67

I would play SWP and Park on Sunday, and leave Hoilet and Taarabt on the bench. You don't want to risk playing players who can score goals. I would also leave out Cisse, now that he's separated from the club cat.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

"Him" on 17:58 - Oct 18 with 2299 viewsClive_Anderson

Hughes will start with SWP again. He is determined to prove he can get him 'back to how he played at Man City'.

How he's managed to get a reputation for being a defensive midfield player now is completely beyond me.
Login to get fewer ads

"Him" on 18:07 - Oct 18 with 2280 viewsBAWHoops

SWP provides cover to both our full back and the opposition full back.
Revolutionary.

FWIW I'd drop Park and Faurlin and have Mbia and DIakite alongside Granero with Taarabt and Hoilett on the wings

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

"Him" on 18:12 - Oct 18 with 2268 viewsNorthernr

"Him" on 18:07 - Oct 18 by BAWHoops

Revolutionary.

FWIW I'd drop Park and Faurlin and have Mbia and DIakite alongside Granero with Taarabt and Hoilett on the wings

I'd do something similar, with Faurlin in for either Mbia or Diakite.
I fear playing Mbia and Diakite together may be so gratuitously and needlessly wild and violent we might accidentally tear a hole in the world that starts consuming the entire planet. We could bring about the end of civilisation.
Or go down to nine men- we haven't tried that one yet.
"Him" on 18:20 - Oct 18 with 2249 viewsklr

"Him" on 17:58 - Oct 18 by Clive_Anderson

Hughes will start with SWP again. He is determined to prove he can get him 'back to how he played at Man City'.

How he's managed to get a reputation for being a defensive midfield player now is completely beyond me.

I think the not being able to cross, pass, shoot, run in a straight line without falling over might have something to do with that.

On the bright side next week will see Shaun Wright-Phillips return to a top 4 Premiership ground where he provided an assist last season...........
"Him" on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 2239 viewsClive_Anderson

"Him" on 18:07 - Oct 18 by BAWHoops

Revolutionary.

Against WBA and we got done time and again down his flank and the stats showed that almost none of our attacks came from that side when he was on.

Can't really argue with that midfield choice though (maybe Faurlin for Mbia).
"Him" on 18:24 - Oct 18 with 2232 viewsklr

"Him" on 18:20 - Oct 18 by klr

I think the not being able to cross, pass, shoot, run in a straight line without falling over might have something to do with that.

On the bright side next week will see Shaun Wright-Phillips return to a top 4 Premiership ground where he provided an assist last season...........

In all seriousness, I'd say that opposition managers have specifically told their players that they absolutely do not have to mark / cover SWP under any circumstances, think about how that works out at this level whereby we are letting the opposition stifle us because there is one player in our team that is so bad that they dont even have to mark him, we are starting matches with one hand tied behind our backs, it would be funny if it wasnt so bad, I dont think I've ever seen anything as bad as this, this is proper Mickey Mouse stuff even by QPR standards.
(No subject) on 18:32 - Oct 18 with 2216 viewsBklynRanger

It'll be interesting to hear about the injuries - to the full backs in particular. In theory that should have an impact on the wide midfielders, but only in theory.

I think he'll play, certainly. Agree that Bowen's talk about defensive work had me thinking that 'he' will play this weekend.

Personally I'd go for a midfield of :

Adel Faurlin Granero Diakite Park

But that won't happen.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
"Him" on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 2174 viewsjonno

"Him" on 18:24 - Oct 18 by klr

In all seriousness, I'd say that opposition managers have specifically told their players that they absolutely do not have to mark / cover SWP under any circumstances, think about how that works out at this level whereby we are letting the opposition stifle us because there is one player in our team that is so bad that they dont even have to mark him, we are starting matches with one hand tied behind our backs, it would be funny if it wasnt so bad, I dont think I've ever seen anything as bad as this, this is proper Mickey Mouse stuff even by QPR standards.

We won't win a game until SWP is dropped. As you say, with him starting we're effectively playing with ten men I'm afraid.
"Him" on 19:25 - Oct 18 with 2116 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Him" on 16:45 - Oct 18 by LimehouseR

Who? Tony Scully?

This comment is a gross insult to Tony Scully.

Scully got paid £20 a week, was useless but at least scored a couple of goals.

He was crap but he knew it. Whereas MH thinks SWP is JC.

I'm about give up being an R's supporter the way things are going. Once, I used to believe in the underdog.

Now we pay fortunes for Shit Zues. Wikipedia says 'a Shit Zue is a small dog weighing 4.75 kg, that cannot cross a ball, pass to his team mate, score a goal, make a tackle. It just runs around aimlessly for 90 minutes, and does Fitz Hall apart from shitting in the corner for £70,000 a dump".

I'm about to give up. Why doesn't he? The ultimate crap footballer.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Him" on 19:36 - Oct 18 with 2099 viewsLimehouseR

"Him" on 19:25 - Oct 18 by ShotKneesHoop

This comment is a gross insult to Tony Scully.

Scully got paid £20 a week, was useless but at least scored a couple of goals.

He was crap but he knew it. Whereas MH thinks SWP is JC.

I'm about give up being an R's supporter the way things are going. Once, I used to believe in the underdog.

Now we pay fortunes for Shit Zues. Wikipedia says 'a Shit Zue is a small dog weighing 4.75 kg, that cannot cross a ball, pass to his team mate, score a goal, make a tackle. It just runs around aimlessly for 90 minutes, and does Fitz Hall apart from shitting in the corner for £70,000 a dump".

I'm about to give up. Why doesn't he? The ultimate crap footballer.

It was a jest, sir.

However I agree that supporting the club now is not the same as it used to be, this is true. Some things are better, a lot better...
Other things, well, just not the same.
"Him" on 19:52 - Oct 18 with 2059 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Him" on 19:36 - Oct 18 by LimehouseR

It was a jest, sir.

However I agree that supporting the club now is not the same as it used to be, this is true. Some things are better, a lot better...
Other things, well, just not the same.

I know it might be a jest on your part , but seriously you are correct in comparing SWP to Scully.

The sad thing is that Scully wins.

As you say, other things are a lot worse. There's no identity with the fans any more.

Why do we bother, Fawlty?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Him" on 19:56 - Oct 18 with 2051 viewsTheBlob

Name a good winger....... in thirty second of pondering.

One that can cross a ball.

NOT Lennon perleeeeese...

Go on.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

(No subject) on 20:00 - Oct 18 with 2037 viewsBklynRanger

Jarvis?

Cookie?
(No subject) on 20:01 - Oct 18 with 2031 viewsShotKneesHoop

"Him" on 19:56 - Oct 18 by TheBlob

Name a good winger....... in thirty second of pondering.

One that can cross a ball.

NOT Lennon perleeeeese...

Go on.

John McClelland , Clive Clarke, Mark Lazarus, Roger Morgan, Dave Thomas, David Bardsley, Andy SInton, Lee Cook.

Unfortunately you will have to dig some of them up..... but they'll still put a better cross over than SWP.

(No subject) on 20:02 - Oct 18 with 2025 viewsShotKneesHoop

(No subject) on 20:01 - Oct 18 by ShotKneesHoop

John McClelland , Clive Clarke, Mark Lazarus, Roger Morgan, Dave Thomas, David Bardsley, Andy SInton, Lee Cook.

Unfortunately you will have to dig some of them up..... but they'll still put a better cross over than SWP.

Any more?

(No subject) on 20:05 - Oct 18 with 2003 viewsTheBlob

(No subject) on 20:00 - Oct 18 by BklynRanger

Jarvis?

Cookie?

Like Milner now,not sure about Jarvis's pace.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

"Him" on 20:16 - Oct 18 with 1981 viewsderbyhoop

"Him" on 16:55 - Oct 18 by Northernr

I didn't think you were paid enough to be able to afford that much alcohol!!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

"Him" on 22:17 - Oct 18 with 1894 viewsTearsOfaClown

"Him" on 19:52 - Oct 18 by ShotKneesHoop

I know it might be a jest on your part , but seriously you are correct in comparing SWP to Scully.

The sad thing is that Scully wins.

As you say, other things are a lot worse. There's no identity with the fans any more.

Why do we bother, Fawlty?

didn't know you did Major Shotknees

Like the old saying - If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

is something MH can't see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024