Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes gone??? 16:34 - Nov 19 with 4210 viewsscouseR

Can't find a thread for this .. But Hughes had long meeting with Phillip beard today and didn't take training .. Positive for fans .. Not looking good for Hughes now no other option but for him to go
Hughes gone??? on 16:36 - Nov 19 with 3511 viewsdaveB

it's only a matter of time before he goes, i think he might get next weeks game but wouldn't be shocked if he went today.

The key is what we do next and we have to get that right
Hughes gone??? on 16:40 - Nov 19 with 3464 viewsbosh67

He didn't takle training because he was out walking his dogs planning meticulously for Saturday. I wouldn't read too much into this. He usually has a meeting with Beard on Monday. It goes something like.

"look into my eyes, Phil, not away from them, look directly into them. Everything's fine, we're on track, everything's rosy, nothing's my fault. I'm not taking Monday training as I am going to have lunch on the club at the Ivy. Okay, and 1,2,3 and you're back in the room."

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hughes gone??? on 16:44 - Nov 19 with 3417 viewsJamie

Allegedly he doesnt ever take training.

Is Jim White a QPR fan? Seems to be very pally with TF and been at quite a few games this season.
Hughes gone??? on 16:46 - Nov 19 with 3372 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hughes gone??? on 16:44 - Nov 19 by Jamie

Is Jim White a QPR fan? Seems to be very pally with TF and been at quite a few games this season.

He's Rangers, Glasgow variety.
Hughes gone??? on 16:47 - Nov 19 with 3356 viewspaulparker

If that Bellend had anything he would put his tracksuit on and make them chumps ruin up hills all fecking day long,
cannot believe today of all days he still isnt down there tearing strips off them
that right there shows he is only interested in picking up his Dough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hughes gone??? on 16:48 - Nov 19 with 3338 viewshoof_hearted

Hughes gone??? on 16:40 - Nov 19 by bosh67

He didn't takle training because he was out walking his dogs planning meticulously for Saturday. I wouldn't read too much into this. He usually has a meeting with Beard on Monday. It goes something like.

"look into my eyes, Phil, not away from them, look directly into them. Everything's fine, we're on track, everything's rosy, nothing's my fault. I'm not taking Monday training as I am going to have lunch on the club at the Ivy. Okay, and 1,2,3 and you're back in the room."

Did you really type "look into my eyes" - with THAT avatar?

Hughes gone??? on 16:58 - Nov 19 with 3251 viewsenfieldargh

Hughes gone??? on 16:40 - Nov 19 by bosh67

if he's eating at the Ivy, i know the head chef!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Hughes gone??? on 17:04 - Nov 19 with 3174 viewstimcocking

Hughes gone??? on 16:48 - Nov 19 by hoof_hearted

I have to say, i really truly absolutely do loathe that particular avatar. So horrible.
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes gone??? on 17:09 - Nov 19 with 3108 viewspomanjou

Hughes gone??? on 16:48 - Nov 19 by hoof_hearted

That made I larf

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hughes gone??? on 17:29 - Nov 19 with 2953 viewsQPR_ARG

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8260361/Manager-Mark-Hughes-meets-
Hughes gone??? on 17:35 - Nov 19 with 2916 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Hughes gone??? on 17:29 - Nov 19 by QPR_ARG

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8260361/Manager-Mark-Hughes-meets-

Reckon he has one more game

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Hughes gone??? on 17:41 - Nov 19 with 2880 viewskropotkin41

Hughes gone??? on 17:35 - Nov 19 by RANGERS4EVER

I honestly do not understand this at all........

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hughes gone??? on 17:44 - Nov 19 with 2870 viewsGloucs_R

Hughes gone??? on 17:35 - Nov 19 by RANGERS4EVER

Who wants Utd away to be their first game anyway? Win or lose, Sparky is gone on Monday. If we sack Hughes before getting another manager lined up, they have a stronger position to negotiate with.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hughes gone??? on 17:46 - Nov 19 with 2843 viewsJonDoeman

Hughes gone??? on 17:44 - Nov 19 by Gloucs_R

Who wants Utd away to be their first game anyway? Win or lose, Sparky is gone on Monday. If we sack Hughes before getting another manager lined up, they have a stronger position to negotiate with.

Put Bircham in charge for it, he might even be able to fire them up!

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes gone??? on 17:46 - Nov 19 with 2841 viewsNov77

They've given him an ultimatum, win on Saturday or your fired!! Thus sparing the new manager a morale sapping start.

Meanwhile the players were apparently in 'buoyant mood' today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2235337/Mark-Hughes-misses-QPR

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Hughes gone??? on 17:47 - Nov 19 with 2821 viewsGloucs_R

Hughes gone??? on 17:46 - Nov 19 by JonDoeman

Put Bircham in charge for it, he might even be able to fire them up!

Thats not the point, its all about the commercials. Why give someone an upper hand when you are negotiating?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hughes gone??? on 18:15 - Nov 19 with 2676 viewsHammersmithR

Hughes gone??? on 16:44 - Nov 19 by Jamie

He lives in Acton when he is working at Sky. I won't put the street up though. Nice bloke my all accounts as well.
Hughes gone??? on 18:22 - Nov 19 with 2642 viewshoops_legend

Hughes gone??? on 18:15 - Nov 19 by HammersmithR

He lives in Acton when he is working at Sky. I won't put the street up though. Nice bloke my all accounts as well.

Did you say hughes didn't take training? Sublime we might actually win a game. Make nelson head coach he will bash peoples heads together and make bosingwa do 5 times the work as everyone else!!
Hughes gone??? on 18:24 - Nov 19 with 2621 viewsJamie

Suspect the negotiations with new manager are going on at the moment and Hughes will get Utd & Sunderland with new guy in by Wednesday evening.
Hughes gone??? on 18:26 - Nov 19 with 2611 viewskropotkin41

It makes absolutely no sense to keep Hughes in the picture - they really can't realise how bad things are/have been.

IMHO better to go to OT with a caretaker and put out a team of fighters - treat it like an FA Cup tie.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hughes gone??? on 18:31 - Nov 19 with 2558 viewshoof_hearted

The usual scenario is appoint new man who watches the first game from the stand thus avoiding blame for any defeat but getting some glory just for being there on the off chance of a win.
Hughes gone??? on 18:43 - Nov 19 with 2510 viewsAGEREPC01

Hughes gone??? on 18:31 - Nov 19 by hoof_hearted

The usual scenario is appoint new man who watches the first game from the stand thus avoiding blame for any defeat but getting some glory just for being there on the off chance of a win.

Conversely, the new guy gets a pass his first game. There is no expectations so a loss is really Hughes loss but the new guy gets a read on his players. If he wins at Man Utd (with this lot) he is an instant hit.

frankly this is not last yrs QPR. We have a good core of players.
Adel playing as he is, with Granny, played correctly and the defense organized could pull a shocker.

stainrod81

Hughes gone??? on 19:02 - Nov 19 with 2445 viewsQPR_ARG

I think keeping him for one more match or for four more matches (as Marsh suggests) would be a disgrace. Nothing to win for QPR as a team/club.

Plus...it's a scenario in which I for one, will have no problems admitting that if what it takes for Hughes to finally leave and give a bit of time to the squad and the new manager to turn things around is to be hammered by Man Utd, then so be it.

It's for the better in the medium to long run. But I think we need a change NOW. New manager can't be found before Saturday or won't have time to work with the team? Then go to Old Trafford with an interim (Birch is a fantastic shout) and try and get rid of the intoxicated air that surrounds the club as long as Hughes is here.

I know...longest shot ever but...what if we win with Hughes as manager on Saturday? Will he suddenly become Guardiola?
Hughes gone??? on 19:08 - Nov 19 with 2400 viewsPinnerPaul

Hughes gone??? on 17:41 - Nov 19 by kropotkin41

I honestly do not understand this at all........

For the 102nd time

Tony is thinking

1) Its the same useless 25 whoever I bring in

2) Tony has backed him thus far, some criticism will/has fallen on him if admits TH et al are a failure

3) Doesn't want to offload 5, bring in 5 players that new manager will demand

4) Timing - I think TF is a decent bloke, will want to talk to MH in person and we could get the special one tomorrow and we're not going to beat Man U at OT. If I was them I would only be worrying about how much all the player goal bonuses are going to cost!
Hughes gone??? on 19:10 - Nov 19 with 2393 viewsPinnerPaul

Hughes gone??? on 18:15 - Nov 19 by HammersmithR

Also wrote one of the best football books ever - "You'll win Nothing with Kids"

If you've ever been involved with youth football as a parent its an absolute must read - very funny & very true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024