Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing faith, or still behind him 22:05 - Jan 5 with 7540 viewsolympicdale

Serious question. How are the majority here feeling about Coleman, are you behind him, or are you starting to/lost faith in him, after all the threads on here, be interesting to hear peoples real thoughts about our gaffer.

Myself personally, I'm finding myself losing faith, im gettin tired of his stubbornness, and his apparent unwillingness to change, when its clearly evident something isnt working.

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:03 - Jan 6 with 1400 viewssweetcorn

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:01 - Jan 6 by olympicdale

I've seen some people on here saying that Keith Hill coming in was the worst thing to happen to the club, as it raised the expectation of success, and the style of play the team adapts, how stupid can you get, I guess we should just be happy to sit still for the next 40 years again.

What is wrong with going to games wanting to be entertained, playing "sexy football". Our style of play at the moment you could describe as dogged/efficient/does a job type, but with very few bums off seats moments, and the fact the home crowds are dipping, fans arent wanting to put up with it, I heard various people saying the same thing going out, our play isnt entertaining, and that is what fans pay to watch, to be entertained, especially at home.

Serious question now.

Do you honestly believe that our crowds would be bigger now if we were bottom of the league table, losing every week, however losing most weeks in an entertaining high scoring match?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:06 - Jan 6 with 1395 viewsColDale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 17:58 - Jan 6 by macro

He's not exactly setting the world alight at barrow

Thats true, and many who had seen him in pre-season were pleased that he hadnt signed. But a winger was identified as someone they wanted to bring to the club. When he didn't sign, we were no longer interested in signing a winger. Aside from the obvious, I know there was always talk of unfulfilled potential with McConville, but it was a position / style of player that they were no longer interested in once he didnt sign.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:39 - Jan 6 with 1357 viewsolympicdale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:03 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Serious question now.

Do you honestly believe that our crowds would be bigger now if we were bottom of the league table, losing every week, however losing most weeks in an entertaining high scoring match?

No I dont think so, but we're not in that position, we are a team supposedly trying to push in to the top 7, yet playing such cautious and uninspiring football. The fans want a bit of entertainment, Hill managed to do it, why should it be looked as something we cant aspire to anymore.

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 1357 viewsChaffRAFC

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:01 - Jan 6 by olympicdale

I've seen some people on here saying that Keith Hill coming in was the worst thing to happen to the club, as it raised the expectation of success, and the style of play the team adapts, how stupid can you get, I guess we should just be happy to sit still for the next 40 years again.

What is wrong with going to games wanting to be entertained, playing "sexy football". Our style of play at the moment you could describe as dogged/efficient/does a job type, but with very few bums off seats moments, and the fact the home crowds are dipping, fans arent wanting to put up with it, I heard various people saying the same thing going out, our play isnt entertaining, and that is what fans pay to watch, to be entertained, especially at home.

Don't think there's anything wrong with wanting that "sexy football" but I'd argue that it's unrealistic and wrong to expect it which people seem to be doing.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 1341 viewsolympicdale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:40 - Jan 6 by ChaffRAFC

Don't think there's anything wrong with wanting that "sexy football" but I'd argue that it's unrealistic and wrong to expect it which people seem to be doing.

I think given our shape, and tactics, it is a style of play we will not see under Coleman. Hill did it wonderfully effective stretching the opponents with a selection of classy wingers, and many fans are desperate to be back to these days, taking the initiative to the opposition from the off.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:15 - Jan 6 with 1323 viewsNewbury_Dale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:06 - Jan 6 by ColDale

Thats true, and many who had seen him in pre-season were pleased that he hadnt signed. But a winger was identified as someone they wanted to bring to the club. When he didn't sign, we were no longer interested in signing a winger. Aside from the obvious, I know there was always talk of unfulfilled potential with McConville, but it was a position / style of player that they were no longer interested in once he didnt sign.

We had a winger, who now looks to be holding his own at a higher level, Joe Thompson. Surely he should have been retained as a winger option, or for the right side of a front three.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 1312 views442Dale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:15 - Jan 6 by Newbury_Dale

We had a winger, who now looks to be holding his own at a higher level, Joe Thompson. Surely he should have been retained as a winger option, or for the right side of a front three.

Thompson has been in and out of the team at Tranmere and has, by all accounts, been as consistent as he was at Dale, going missing regularly.

A better example would be Nicky Adams who has ten goals already and has been one of Crawley's best players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 1295 viewssweetcorn

Losing faith, or still behind him on 18:39 - Jan 6 by olympicdale

No I dont think so, but we're not in that position, we are a team supposedly trying to push in to the top 7, yet playing such cautious and uninspiring football. The fans want a bit of entertainment, Hill managed to do it, why should it be looked as something we cant aspire to anymore.

But then surely the football on display shouldn't be used as the biggest reason for fans not showing up. Casual fans only normally turn up if we're winning, regardless of if they're going to see an end to end game which we ultimatley lose. The football isn't that bad, it has at times at home been shocking, but then at times it's been as good as hill, recently the cheltenham game was class and that first half at valley parade was the most entertaining i've seen.

We're in a rebuilding process and things are going to happen overnight. I accept that yesterday is a horror result and is shocking, but coleman needs a chance to get everything right, i'd rather know he has had a chance than thinking what could have been.

Login to get fewer ads

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:33 - Jan 6 with 1283 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:59 - Jan 5 by Toffeemanc

Never had faith in him. His Accrington teams where physical, functional and awful to watch and now we are the same but not as effective. People who think he is the right man for the job based on his record at Accrington need to take a closer look because his record clearly shows he has only really been successful at non league level. If he is left in charge for next season that's where we may end up.

I agree I hated going to Accrington for the reasons you have stated and once we started the slide down Leagfue l I could see the conference beckoning.
He promised to keep us up in League l and he failed
He promiosed us immediate promotion back
He then promised return via the play offs
Where are we now !!!!!
Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:39 - Jan 6 with 1271 viewsolympicdale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:27 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

But then surely the football on display shouldn't be used as the biggest reason for fans not showing up. Casual fans only normally turn up if we're winning, regardless of if they're going to see an end to end game which we ultimatley lose. The football isn't that bad, it has at times at home been shocking, but then at times it's been as good as hill, recently the cheltenham game was class and that first half at valley parade was the most entertaining i've seen.

We're in a rebuilding process and things are going to happen overnight. I accept that yesterday is a horror result and is shocking, but coleman needs a chance to get everything right, i'd rather know he has had a chance than thinking what could have been.

We appear unable to build on said performances though, its like one cracking game followed by two average and one shocking one.

The football on offer is of course going to be the main factor of the fans not showing up, as the prices haven't altered. Fans wish to be entertained as well as see the team win, Ive no quandary with an efficient and effective team, but we seem unable to assert our authority on the opposition. You could see in parts yesterday we are at another level compared to Wimbledon, some of the one touch play was great to watch, but it seems to much of an effort to even get a shot away at times.

We have lost some valuable fans this year, granted much of the few hundred we are losing will be at various other PL grounds, and will return if/when Dale start to climb the table.

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:45 - Jan 6 with 1259 viewssweetcorn

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:33 - Jan 6 by LongTimeDaleFan

I agree I hated going to Accrington for the reasons you have stated and once we started the slide down Leagfue l I could see the conference beckoning.
Where are we now !!!!!

Number of forum posts + username =

Also we are exactly mid-table, 4 points behind with a full transfer window and half a season left. so play-offs is still achievable.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 20:06 - Jan 6 with 1241 viewsTVOS1907

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:33 - Jan 6 by LongTimeDaleFan

Where are we now !!!!!

Can you find some evidence of where we were promised immediate promotion and/or the play-offs?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Losing faith, or still behind him on 20:19 - Jan 6 with 1222 viewsTVOS1907

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:45 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Also we are exactly mid-table, 4 points behind with a full transfer window and half a season left. so play-offs is still achievable.

Unfortunately, along with Chesterfield, we have played the most games of the top 17 sides in the division.

It will be interesting to see how those statistics change once other teams play their games in hand.

Of course, the situation could hardly change at all, but time will tell.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 20:35 - Jan 7 with 1132 viewsolympicdale

As i stated in a thread I made the other day, the thing that worries me the most is the clubs finances, in that are we are in a position to not be able to take a gamble on losing out on such meagre fees for our star players, we need to sell now for way less than 100k. How perrelous must the clubs finances be if this is the case, that is more worrying than anything on the pitch at the moment. Wasted opportunities in the centenary season, the promotion year and the first l1 season, I would love to know the off the field revenue figures for those seasons, so many missed opportunities, and theyre coming home to roost.

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 1106 viewsColDale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:45 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

despite the number of posts,the poster is a very long term and respected Dale supporter who travels everywhere watching us.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 21:20 - Jan 7 with 1097 viewsrich_dale

Losing faith now. We're lucky to have a few players that are more than decent at this level but their effectiveness is being blunted by poor tactics and organisation and an overall lack of professionalism and discipline. You can see there is good spirit in the squad at times, and good football played at times, but you get the feeling the overall approach to managing a team is a bit Dog & Duck.

Then there are the in-game decisions, and the lack of a Plan B. Continually replacing Grimes with Donnelly is a worrying sign, especially at the moment when Adebola is also on the bench.

If I was Dunphy I'd sniff out the situation to see whether the good players are unhappy and want to go. Surely we'd all rather retain the best players if it meant changing the manager. If the opposite happened we could really be back at square one.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 1058 viewsBeechball

Losing faith, or still behind him on 17:47 - Jan 6 by ColDale

the lack of wing players at the club is understandable given the way we set up, but it does make you wonder why we pursued Sean McConville for so long, I don't know whether the board refused to sanction the move or whether there simply wasn't the wages to make it happen, but from my limited knowledge of McConville, he was a winger by trade.

He also offered new contracts to Hackney and Thompson so there was an intention to have wide players in the squad at least.
Memories of happier days on 14:30 - Jan 8 with 999 views14bowlers

I remember years ago Fred Radcliffe digging in his own pockets to keep dale in the league. Now we have talk on this forum site about MAYBE we shall be playing Stockport next season. What on earth is this board thinking about when they are allowing this non league manager taking us in the direction of non league. After 60 years of following My Dale, I am getting exteemly frustrated by the actions of this board, who dont seem to realise where this scouse idiot is taking us. Please get rid of this Accy. scouser before it is too late. I like a lot of my mates are no longer goind to support Dale whilst this guy is in charge, and I mean loyal supporters who for years have backed our team home and away.
Memories of happier days on 15:35 - Jan 8 with 975 viewsD_Alien

Memories of happier days on 14:30 - Jan 8 by 14bowlers

I remember years ago Fred Radcliffe digging in his own pockets to keep dale in the league. Now we have talk on this forum site about MAYBE we shall be playing Stockport next season. What on earth is this board thinking about when they are allowing this non league manager taking us in the direction of non league. After 60 years of following My Dale, I am getting exteemly frustrated by the actions of this board, who dont seem to realise where this scouse idiot is taking us. Please get rid of this Accy. scouser before it is too late. I like a lot of my mates are no longer goind to support Dale whilst this guy is in charge, and I mean loyal supporters who for years have backed our team home and away.

If we're going to be critical of the manager it's probably better if we leave his ex-Accyness or Scouseness out of it.

Now, I'm as guilty of using these terms in previous posts as anyone but it strikes me we might be better off from now on by concentrating on whether he's up to the job or not, without any pejorative terms which could prove counter-productive and give JC the excuse that he's not liked because of his background rather than his managerial abilities.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Memories of happier days on 15:57 - Jan 8 with 963 viewsdingdangblue

Memories of happier days on 15:35 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

If we're going to be critical of the manager it's probably better if we leave his ex-Accyness or Scouseness out of it.

Now, I'm as guilty of using these terms in previous posts as anyone but it strikes me we might be better off from now on by concentrating on whether he's up to the job or not, without any pejorative terms which could prove counter-productive and give JC the excuse that he's not liked because of his background rather than his managerial abilities.

Given our location its likely a lot of our fans '2nd team' is Man Utd? I'm guessing a lot of this Scouse hatred stems from this? There are a few people who sit near me who whenever they shout obscenities towards Coleman it's always preceded by " You Scouse" ..........

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Losing faith, or still behind him on 17:02 - Jan 8 with 947 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

Losing faith, or still behind him on 20:06 - Jan 6 by TVOS1907

Can you find some evidence of where we were promised immediate promotion and/or the play-offs?

Read his Articles in the Rochdale Observer throughout the Season!
Losing faith, or still behind him on 17:29 - Jan 8 with 923 viewsBainesy15

Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:59 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

First of all I wasn't at the game yesterday, however this is only the second game i've missed this season, so i've pretty much seen what has gone on under coleman.

I'd say i'm in the top 5 pro-Coleman supporters on this messageboard and do still think he is the mould of manager which is perfect for a struggling club like ours and is capable of getting success from very little. However Results like yesterdays are simply not good enough and can't be tolerated as teething problems anymore, a loss to bottom of the league at home, to the apparent 'best footballing side in the league', is to be blunt SHOCKING.

In my opinion we should be giving Coleman january and the chance to right his wrongs and see if he can turn our form around, if he's successful and we are in or close to the play-offs (realistic target as he has told us himself, myself included face to face) then he can carry on, however if the slump continues and our form is equally as patchy and slide further down the table then we should let him go and look elsewhere.

To be honest we're going to have to give him to the end of the season at least, if we change managers now we might well end up with last year's situation of Coleman only being given half a season to turn things around (though perhaps he should've done better anyway). I think start of season hopes of immediate promotion were a bit optimistic but we should definitely be on the cusp of the play-offs. Some of his tactical decisions highly annoy me, for example his persistence to play Cavanagh (who, fair play, has improved a lot recently) and McIntyre who has drastically lost form recently. I think we need to start playing Pearson at Left back, even though I know it won't happen
Losing faith, or still behind him on 19:50 - Jan 8 with 880 viewsTVOS1907

Losing faith, or still behind him on 17:02 - Jan 8 by LongTimeDaleFan

Read his Articles in the Rochdale Observer throughout the Season!

I have.

I don't recall us being 'promised' either of those things. It will have been intimated that we were hoping for/working towards them, but not 'promised'.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:47 - Jan 9 with 842 viewspaulscho

Losing faith, or still behind him on 07:46 - Jan 6 by ChaffRAFC

Still behind him definitely. We're in a position in the league that 99% would have taken in May.

OUT OUT OUT

livinginadalewonderland

Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:19 - Jan 9 with 820 viewssweetcorn

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:47 - Jan 9 by paulscho

OUT OUT OUT

paulscho is a pantomine villian.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024