Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team going to Dubai. 22:26 - Feb 10 with 10073 viewscalders

Read on reports board the team are off for 5 days in Dubai. if true then it is simply disgusting IMO. rooted to the bottom of the league as good as down, just been shafted 4 1 by Swansea and they see fit to pis.s off on a jolly up to Dubai. Team bonding they will tell us, go fukcing bowling or paint balling like normal people ( that's all you deserve) rather than totally taking the pis,s out of us fans.
Team going to Dubai. on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 1667 viewshoof_hearted

1. If you own an airline then flying to Dubai is not a big deal.

2. It is not compulsory to make the people who work for you hate working for you.
Team going to Dubai. on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 1613 viewsHollowayRanger

Team going to Dubai. on 17:54 - Feb 11 by hoof_hearted

1. If you own an airline then flying to Dubai is not a big deal.

2. It is not compulsory to make the people who work for you hate working for you.

they shouldnt be rewarded for total failure

the thought of them relaxing around a pool soaking up the sun as they sip their cocktails while we struggle on here in the cold,

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Team going to Dubai. on 19:27 - Feb 11 with 1603 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Is Onuoha there? I could have sworn i just saw him in Westfield......

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Team going to Dubai. on 19:33 - Feb 11 with 1597 viewsbosh67

Calders, console yourself with the fact that if we'd lost 8-1 the team would be going to the moon, on a one way ticket.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team going to Dubai. on 22:41 - Feb 11 with 1565 viewsoddball

Team going to Dubai. on 19:33 - Feb 11 by bosh67

Calders, console yourself with the fact that if we'd lost 8-1 the team would be going to the moon, on a one way ticket.

can someone tell them, dont fcuking bother coming back.
Team going to Dubai. on 07:48 - Feb 12 with 1513 viewsqprwpg

Team going to Dubai. on 22:41 - Feb 11 by oddball

can someone tell them, dont fcuking bother coming back.

As in Du-bye!?

Twitter: @qprwpg

Team going to Dubai. on 08:24 - Feb 12 with 1500 viewssmegma

Team going to Dubai. on 23:46 - Feb 10 by Neil_SI

This mini training camp is probably more important to the rest of the season than even the players realise. It's a rare opportunity to do some team work and try and find some togetherness and resolve.

Even though we're only just two thirds of the season through, we've looked a little worn out, probably on the mental side from being down there for so long. This is a chance to freshen up and re-charge the batteries.

I look at the way the players respond to each other on the pitch and I don't see a team that knows each other or likes each other that much. Sometimes friendships are forged and differences put aside on trips like these, especially if they go well.

If they don't though, it's also game over. So this has to go well if we want to survive, they have to enjoy it and they have to be productive.

With respect, you wrote similar niceties about the trip to Malaysia and that obviously has not worked.
Why Dubai ? Why not southern Spain ?? Nothing to do with the fact that Dubai is an oil rich place with possible investors to tap up ? Oh no sirrreeeeeeee.
Team going to Dubai. on 08:44 - Feb 12 with 1483 viewsisawqpratwcity

Team going to Dubai. on 08:24 - Feb 12 by smegma

With respect, you wrote similar niceties about the trip to Malaysia and that obviously has not worked.
Why Dubai ? Why not southern Spain ?? Nothing to do with the fact that Dubai is an oil rich place with possible investors to tap up ? Oh no sirrreeeeeeee.

FFS, even assuming that is the reason, attracting investors is a bad thing????

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Team going to Dubai. on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 1466 viewssmegma

Team going to Dubai. on 08:44 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

FFS, even assuming that is the reason, attracting investors is a bad thing????

Never said it was if you read it properly.
Team going to Dubai. on 09:18 - Feb 12 with 1464 viewsloftus77

Team going to Dubai. on 07:57 - Feb 11 by smegma

The trip to Malaysia last summer was supposed to be great preparation for the season as well.

Absolutely, exactomundo, in one...

Team going to Dubai. on 09:21 - Feb 12 with 1456 viewsTacticalR

Team going to Dubai. on 18:58 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

the thought of them relaxing around a pool soaking up the sun as they sip their cocktails while we struggle on here in the cold,

Should they be sent to a training camp in the North Pole (no black gloves allowed)?

Air hostess clique

Team going to Dubai. on 09:26 - Feb 12 with 1454 viewsexiled_dictator

I have read that there are several teams going to Dubai, not just from the Premiership or UK.
It could be a chance for players to get together, have an impromptu 5-a-side on the beach, keepie-uppies competitions & general football bonding.
I am pretty sure that some hard work will be done, and the team will sweat for their money. It is true that to get away in the winter for a few days does the world of good for a person, plus natural sunlight will help them. I am convinced that there are only positives to be had from the trip from a footballing perspective as well as a social bonding exercise. They will be told what is needed from them in the final games, and will discuss all scenarios available. I don't see this as a bad thing, and the idea that they should be punished for some of their recent appearances is just silly. They should be continuously encouraged.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Team going to Dubai. on 10:04 - Feb 12 with 1431 viewsisawqpratwcity

Team going to Dubai. on 09:16 - Feb 12 by smegma

Never said it was if you read it properly.

No, you said "oil rich place with investors to tap up", so we are either looking for investors or oil. Your words, right?

You are a tw*t.

Team going to Dubai. on 10:42 - Feb 12 with 1403 viewsHollowayRanger

should have locked them in a room together with a football and a goal

and only when they put the ball in the goal do they get fed!

im sure they would get the hang of it after a couple of days!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Team going to Dubai. on 10:49 - Feb 12 with 1400 viewsyankranger

I don't see the big deal with this really. Believe me, I am not happy with our performance either.

If this is for pure training session away from the cold than it is a good thing. They obviously need the work and you can train longer away from this weather.

I wouldn't think this is about hanging around the pool, working on a tan and sipping drinks out of a coconut shell.
Team going to Dubai. on 10:51 - Feb 12 with 1365 viewsisawqpratwcity

"Aaaah" said Emma.

Team going to Dubai. on 10:55 - Feb 12 with 1360 viewsTW_R

This really is a bizarre thread. Warm-weather training is hardly something new is it? Really don't see what the problem is.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/120213-dubai-bound-652387.aspx
Team going to Dubai. on 11:01 - Feb 12 with 1356 viewsdaveB

West Ham and virtually every other Premier League side out of the FA Cup are doing the same thing.
Team going to Dubai. on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 1331 viewsCanadaRanger

Some might think it's a dubai-ous privilege...
Team going to Dubai. on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 1317 viewsAntti_Heinola

Team going to Dubai. on 12:07 - Feb 12 by CanadaRanger

Some might think it's a dubai-ous privilege...

Oh bravo. In a thread full of bad posts, you top the lot. Brilliant.
Oh well, at least there'll be plenty of entertainment for them there. I heard many of them are looking forward to the afternoons, where they'll get orange squash and sit down together to watch Scooby-Dubai-Doo.

Bare bones.

Team going to Dubai. on 12:23 - Feb 12 with 1313 viewsCanadaRanger

Team going to Dubai. on 12:20 - Feb 12 by Antti_Heinola

Oh bravo. In a thread full of bad posts, you top the lot. Brilliant.
Oh well, at least there'll be plenty of entertainment for them there. I heard many of them are looking forward to the afternoons, where they'll get orange squash and sit down together to watch Scooby-Dubai-Doo.

:)

The "Sun, sand and suffering" quote from Hitchhikers Guide would seem to be appropriate for what our lads are going through at the foot of the table...
Team going to Dubai. on 12:26 - Feb 12 with 1310 viewsPinnerPaul

Team going to Dubai. on 18:58 - Feb 11 by HollowayRanger

What do you expect them to do, give up 95% of their wages and travel on the tube evrry day for 2 weeks - just to make them suffer like us?

Breaking news - footballers are NOT like fans in any way these days.
Team going to Dubai. on 12:31 - Feb 12 with 1300 viewsWestbourneR

As far as I am concerned going to Dubai is one of the worst punishments around.

Horrible place.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Team going to Dubai. on 12:57 - Feb 12 with 1285 viewssmegma

Team going to Dubai. on 10:04 - Feb 12 by isawqpratwcity

No, you said "oil rich place with investors to tap up", so we are either looking for investors or oil. Your words, right?

You are a tw*t.

Get her.

I just think the club puts the importance of these things the wrong way round. We were told the Malaysia trip was for warm weather training. It was nothing of the sort.It was to sell shirts, end of. The type of weather found in Malaysia is nothing like the weather we get over here. Nor is Dubai either apart from about a week in August .
Spain is more logical. If the club wants investors, just say so.Not that they are, its just the cynic in me.

Do you own a mirror ?
Team going to Dubai. on 13:38 - Feb 12 with 1268 viewsPinnerPaul

5 or 6 teams are going - so not just "good old Rs"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024