Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team going to Dubai. 22:26 - Feb 10 with 10072 viewscalders

Read on reports board the team are off for 5 days in Dubai. if true then it is simply disgusting IMO. rooted to the bottom of the league as good as down, just been shafted 4 1 by Swansea and they see fit to pis.s off on a jolly up to Dubai. Team bonding they will tell us, go fukcing bowling or paint balling like normal people ( that's all you deserve) rather than totally taking the pis,s out of us fans.
Team going to Dubai. on 13:47 - Feb 12 with 1621 viewsYorkRanger

One final chance to gel, bond the team and create some sort of unison and collective resolve sounds like a decent gamble to me
Team going to Dubai. on 14:02 - Feb 12 with 1591 viewsthemodfather

Team going to Dubai. on 13:47 - Feb 12 by YorkRanger

One final chance to gel, bond the team and create some sort of unison and collective resolve sounds like a decent gamble to me

they deserve it...we shovel snow and they get tans and all the trimmings
based on what?
next year it's yorkshire not dubai....
Team going to Dubai. on 14:17 - Feb 12 with 1580 viewsTW_R

Team going to Dubai. on 12:57 - Feb 12 by smegma

Get her.

I just think the club puts the importance of these things the wrong way round. We were told the Malaysia trip was for warm weather training. It was nothing of the sort.It was to sell shirts, end of. The type of weather found in Malaysia is nothing like the weather we get over here. Nor is Dubai either apart from about a week in August .
Spain is more logical. If the club wants investors, just say so.Not that they are, its just the cynic in me.

Do you own a mirror ?

Just out of curiosity, if the club wanted to go to an oil rich country looking for investors why the f*ck would they choose Dubai?

1. Dubai has no oil

2. Dubai has very few investors and the ones that are there lost vast swathes of their fortunes as real estate crashed around their ears.

Qatar or Abu Dhabi would be far better suited to both of those requirements.

I don't know, maybe just a guess, but it could be the facilities in Dubai for training etc are absolutely first class and the weather conditions make it the perfect place to go to guarantee being able to train?
Team going to Dubai. on 16:15 - Feb 12 with 1546 viewsYorkRanger

Team going to Dubai. on 14:02 - Feb 12 by themodfather

they deserve it...we shovel snow and they get tans and all the trimmings
based on what?
next year it's yorkshire not dubai....

I said it was a decent gamble - I never said they deserved it....
Team going to Dubai. on 16:25 - Feb 12 with 1535 viewsNorthernr

The team clearly needs to work together for a prolonged period of time on some shape and some patterns of play. They can't do that at Harlington this week because it's under snow. As long as they're going out for double sessions and we see some clear benefits from it over the coming weeks then it's a good idea. Pictures on the official website of them playing golf shall be met with rage.
Team going to Dubai. on 16:40 - Feb 12 with 1515 viewsNorthernr

Team going to Dubai. on 16:25 - Feb 12 by Northernr

The team clearly needs to work together for a prolonged period of time on some shape and some patterns of play. They can't do that at Harlington this week because it's under snow. As long as they're going out for double sessions and we see some clear benefits from it over the coming weeks then it's a good idea. Pictures on the official website of them playing golf shall be met with rage.

Although, having said that, I did smile at the players being stuck on the runway for three hours this afternoon. Good
Team going to Dubai. on 16:58 - Feb 12 with 1499 viewstoboboly

Team going to Dubai. on 16:40 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Although, having said that, I did smile at the players being stuck on the runway for three hours this afternoon. Good

Ahhhhh karma. You sweet, sweet mistress.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Team going to Dubai. on 17:23 - Feb 12 with 1475 viewsbaz_qpr

Loved the comment from Betty that he took a sleeping tablet had blissfull 3 hour sleep woke up and found they were still on the tarmac
Login to get fewer ads

Team going to Dubai. on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 1421 viewsTW_R

Team going to Dubai. on 17:23 - Feb 12 by baz_qpr

Loved the comment from Betty that he took a sleeping tablet had blissfull 3 hour sleep woke up and found they were still on the tarmac

He looked out of the window thinking the people below looked like ants......
Team going to Dubai. on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 1397 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan fans not happy as shock/horror pictures posted of their players in Dubai, show them not only sitting down, but wait for it, they are sitting by a pool!

How they will be able to come back to this country after such shocking behaviour I really don't know!
Team going to Dubai. on 12:16 - Feb 13 with 1391 viewsJamie

Players? Ten a penny.

What worries me is the morale levels in the media team!!

Hope they are getting some much needed R&Rand team bonding in Dubai.
Team going to Dubai. on 15:44 - Feb 13 with 1339 viewsTW_R

This is going to make some of your heads explode.

THEY.DIDN'T.TRAIN.FOR.THE.WHOLE.DAY.......AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/130213-dubai-diary-one-655826.aspx
Team going to Dubai. on 18:18 - Feb 13 with 1314 viewskingo

The team are staying at the Jebel Ali Centre of Excellence, used by many clubs and international sides. The pitches and training facilities are excellent by all accounts. And yes the hotel does have a rather nice pool, sauna and golf course.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Team going to Dubai. on 19:36 - Feb 13 with 1293 viewsderbyhoop

I was stuck on the tarmace at East Midlands Airport for 2 hours on Monday morning. Does that entitle me to 2/3 of Bothroyd's earnings? I thought not.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Team going to Dubai. on 20:05 - Feb 13 with 1270 viewsDejR_vu

I wonder what's next? Perhaps we can expect the whole matchday squad against Man Utd to come out, line up on the 18 yard line with their backs to the loft, drop their shorts, bend over and moon!

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Team going to Dubai. on 07:51 - Feb 14 with 1228 viewsdanehoop

to show their sun tans to us you mean?

Actually just seen from the Swansea website that they are also off to Dubai this week. Maybe another chance to have a lesson from them in how to build a club and play football. Only can console myself in that the Jebil Ali complex is probably better and more expensive than theirs.

To be fair I stayed at the Jebil Ali complex on our honeymoon and it is a very very nice hotel with great facilities.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly understood

Team going to Dubai. on 08:08 - Feb 14 with 1218 viewsJamie

Team going to Dubai. on 15:44 - Feb 13 by TW_R

This is going to make some of your heads explode.

THEY.DIDN'T.TRAIN.FOR.THE.WHOLE.DAY.......AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/130213-dubai-diary-one-655826.aspx

This club just doesn't get it.
Team going to Dubai. on 08:22 - Feb 14 with 1210 viewsNorthernr

Team going to Dubai. on 08:08 - Feb 14 by Jamie

This club just doesn't get it.

That's not what it says though - it says they had a light session because they did't get in until 5am.
Team going to Dubai. on 08:32 - Feb 14 with 1205 viewsJamie

Team going to Dubai. on 08:22 - Feb 14 by Northernr

That's not what it says though - it says they had a light session because they did't get in until 5am.

I meant the fact that despite being bottom of the table and thoroughly embarrassed last weekend, not only are they having a jolly up in Dubai, but blogging about it as well to let fans know what a lovely time they are having.

Any other club in our position would be in self imposed exile.
Team going to Dubai. on 08:52 - Feb 14 with 1195 viewsDejR_vu

Team going to Dubai. on 08:32 - Feb 14 by Jamie

I meant the fact that despite being bottom of the table and thoroughly embarrassed last weekend, not only are they having a jolly up in Dubai, but blogging about it as well to let fans know what a lovely time they are having.

Hard to disagree with this.

Team going to Dubai. on 08:57 - Feb 14 with 1188 viewsNorthernr

Team going to Dubai. on 08:32 - Feb 14 by Jamie

I'm inclined to agree, but then I remember saying something similar myself this time last year when they took them to Portugal and they came back and won the five matches they needed to stay up, so I'll reserve judgement. They've clearly got a lot to work on - essentially everything that could be wrong with a football team was wrong at Swansea - and as Harlington is under snow and water it makes sense for them to go somewhere they can actually work and train. As long as that blog talks of double sessions in high temperatures and players being made to lug bags of bricks along long dusty roads then I can live with it
Team going to Dubai. on 08:58 - Feb 14 with 1188 viewsDejR_vu

What happened to the 'We don't deserve a Christmas party line'?

But a nice sunny 'training camp' in Dubai is thoroughly deserved I guess.

Bottom of the league last time I checked (and the time before that for that matter.........in fact pretty much every time i've checked this season); two wins all season; 'treated' the home fans to 8 goals is it?; 19 overall.

You couldn't make it up. From another planet.

Team going to Dubai. on 09:55 - Feb 14 with 1171 viewsTW_R

Team going to Dubai. on 08:22 - Feb 14 by Northernr

I meant they didn't train all day long for the whole 10 hours. I was being sarcastic.

I really don't see what the problem is with this. Why wouldn't the club do all they can to bring the team together and also train at the best facilities. As said before, this is a very bizarre thread.
Team going to Dubai. on 10:04 - Feb 14 with 1166 viewstoboboly

Another reason not to go to Dubai;

http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=351

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Team going to Dubai. on 10:56 - Feb 14 with 1144 viewsdanehoop

Team going to Dubai. on 10:04 - Feb 14 by toboboly

Another reason not to go to Dubai;

http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=351

Given Mossad's alledged previous record in Dubai one can understand the emirates caution.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024