Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good are we? 13:15 - Oct 6 with 6658 viewsSnipper

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Seeing as we haven't played a team in the current top 10 in the Championship, just how good are we? How will we fare when we get tested?

At least we're not dropping too many points vs the lesser teams.
How good are we? on 13:25 - Oct 6 with 3620 viewsPommyhoop

As has been said before, our defence has been brilliant.Our attacking options are getting better week by week(AJ back soon).And we will have more openings when the 'better' teams come at us rather than trying to go for the draw.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 13:26]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

How good are we? on 14:19 - Oct 6 with 3525 viewsRANGERS4EVER

We are good. We are very good IMO. I don't like all this talk of 'we have hardly played anyone inside the top 10' because it doesn't really make a difference. We have kept 8 cpean sheets in a row, which includes not conceding vs Brighton, and Leeds and Bolton away. We have dominated most teams, and some of the play we did vs Middlesbrough was extremely good for the Championship, whatever the team it was. So yes, i think we are good

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

How good are we? on 14:35 - Oct 6 with 3491 viewsNeil_SI

I think we're certainly a top eight side, but we're still evolving and if that goes well, then we'll get better, if not, we'll be somewhere around the top eight by the end of the season.

There isn't a team in the division that can handle the type of performance we served up against Middlesbrough, neither do I think, there is a team in the division that can play as well as that, so it's all about trying to find that level of performance or near to it as possible.

If we can do that, it'll be better than top eight by some way. But there's no guarantee of course, and if not, then we've already shown enough consistency with our defensive performances to shut teams out and be a problem for in terms of us getting broken down.

While we have an embarrassment of riches in comparison to other teams, we're still playing with good focus and plenty of effort. That really bodes well for us, because just by putting in a shift, we're not easy to play against and will always have a chance in any match as a result.

The division, from what I've seen so far, is relatively weak overall, as so many sides look like they are a work in progress too.
How good are we? on 14:48 - Oct 6 with 3458 viewsHollowayRanger

we are very good at this level

defence is solid midfield full of options forward line improving

3 aways in a row will give us some real tests

id be happy with 4 points (including a draw v burnley) anything more would really cement us as top dog!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

How good are we? on 14:51 - Oct 6 with 3448 viewsNeil_SI

My personal view is that the defence is a little overkill at this point, but as we are at this evolutionary stage, it's fine. If we want to be more creative and score more goals though, then we do need to take a few more risks with our forward and support play.

I think even if we did that, we have enough experience and ability at the back to cope. It may also be that when players return and get themselves fit, they will naturally provide that little bit extra we're looking for in the final third.

So we've plenty of time to assess and see how that progresses and pans out.
How good are we? on 14:51 - Oct 6 with 3439 viewsTheBlob

The league table doesn't lie.Joint top with a game in hand in a league where anyone can beat anyone.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

How good are we? on 15:14 - Oct 6 with 3396 viewsNov77

I would say we are excellent in two thirds of the pitch, but the final third needs improvement.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

How good are we? on 15:40 - Oct 6 with 3349 viewsQPRDave

We're s**t tbh...an absolute pile of steaming maure
Login to get fewer ads

How good are we? on 16:10 - Oct 6 with 3303 viewsWeaverQPR

Not sure why people are hung up on this beating top 10 sides, you can only beat what is in front of you and so far we have done. at the time Bolton and Leeds on paper looked tough fixtures, its not our fault their shit now.

@WeavQPR

How good are we? on 16:25 - Oct 6 with 3279 viewsessextaxiboy

How good are we? on 14:35 - Oct 6 by Neil_SI

I think we're certainly a top eight side, but we're still evolving and if that goes well, then we'll get better, if not, we'll be somewhere around the top eight by the end of the season.

There isn't a team in the division that can handle the type of performance we served up against Middlesbrough, neither do I think, there is a team in the division that can play as well as that, so it's all about trying to find that level of performance or near to it as possible.

If we can do that, it'll be better than top eight by some way. But there's no guarantee of course, and if not, then we've already shown enough consistency with our defensive performances to shut teams out and be a problem for in terms of us getting broken down.

While we have an embarrassment of riches in comparison to other teams, we're still playing with good focus and plenty of effort. That really bodes well for us, because just by putting in a shift, we're not easy to play against and will always have a chance in any match as a result.

The division, from what I've seen so far, is relatively weak overall, as so many sides look like they are a work in progress too.

What position will we finish in then ?

One Number ....
How good are we? on 16:26 - Oct 6 with 3269 viewsisawqpratwcity

How good are we? on 16:25 - Oct 6 by essextaxiboy

What position will we finish in then ?

One Number ....

one

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How good are we? on 16:36 - Oct 6 with 3234 viewsessextaxiboy

How good are we? on 16:26 - Oct 6 by isawqpratwcity

one

Correct ........... IMO

The question was aimed at Neil who appeared to be hedging his bets .
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 16:37]
How good are we? on 16:39 - Oct 6 with 3215 viewsTheBlob

I'd actually be disappointed if we finished second.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

How good are we? on 17:07 - Oct 6 with 3170 viewsted_hendrix

The Millwall Manager must be pissed off about having to face us next, I wouldn't want to be playing us right now.
In fact we're shit hot.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

How good are we? on 17:23 - Oct 6 with 3127 viewsNeil_SI

I don't really do predictions, and to be honest, I don't really care where we finish either other than saying wherever we do end up is likely to be what we deserve.

So long as we see progression in the performances and the football, and that has the right identity and culture that we expect and enjoy at the club, then I'll be happy. That's the starting point for me, and once I'm convinced that's properly in place, then I'll worry about other things. The last couple of performances have been a great step forward for us.

But let's take a hypothetical situation, and say we won 1-0 pretty much every week, but with the majority of those performances like those at the beginning of this season, I'd ask myself, is that the right type of progression and preparation for Premier League football?

It's always about finding the right balance. This early in the season, it's fine to stabilise and grind it out, but once you realise that most of the team's can't hurt us due to the level, then it opens up a chance to really work on key areas in performance and development that can help aid us in the future, whatever division we're in.

Doing that will also test our defence just a little more, and they'll need that challenge too, because it's all a bit easy for them at the moment.

I liken this situation to say Manchester City. They've bought so many World Class players or whatever over the years, which is fine, because they can bulldozer their way through many teams, a lot who just come and sit behind the ball and make life difficult.

City will still win most of the time, but is this the best preparation for them? No not really. Because when they come to face real proper teams, like those in Europe, they suddenly do not have enough practice to deal with situations when the game is much more even and they're suddenly having to do things that they've not had to do in many of the games they've faced.

And when they do get challenged in those moments, it's doubly worse, because those who are challenging are at the top end of their play.

People will laugh at Manchester United's situation, or even wonder how they walked the league so easily last season, but it's because they have the right balance in their squad. They are challenged defensively and offensively in every match. They can practice all the elements they need and adapt to the opponents to suit their strengths as a result. Doesn't work out all the time of course, but it's something a lot of the big teams don't always realise is wrong with their approach.
How good are we? on 17:45 - Oct 6 with 3089 viewskingo

We are doing very well. Our defence is rock solid and that is not something that I can say about any other team I have seen, either against us or on the box. Some of the goals that some of the other 'pacesetters' are scoring will not happen against us. Yes we are not setting the world on fire up front yet, but from what I saw of Chevanton and what I know AJ is capable of, that will happen. Our midfield is superb, plus we have just got through a mini injury crisis and are still up there.

So yes we are very good. As a Barnsley supporter said to me yesterday , you were awesome, miles better than anyone else and to be able to bring on Hoilett for Krancjar was unreal. We as QPR fans always think the wheels will come off at some point, but this team is much better than the team we had 3 years ago and is much stronger in depth.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

How good are we? on 18:13 - Oct 6 with 3029 viewsbosh67

We are in a tough place. Too good for this league and not good enough for the one above us, yet. The difference between us this season and the last time we were at the top and went up is that last time it was a nice surprise. This time we just are that much better than anyone we've played so far. Quite significantly so far.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How good are we? on 18:18 - Oct 6 with 3012 viewsozranger

How good are we? on 17:23 - Oct 6 by Neil_SI

I don't really do predictions, and to be honest, I don't really care where we finish either other than saying wherever we do end up is likely to be what we deserve.

So long as we see progression in the performances and the football, and that has the right identity and culture that we expect and enjoy at the club, then I'll be happy. That's the starting point for me, and once I'm convinced that's properly in place, then I'll worry about other things. The last couple of performances have been a great step forward for us.

But let's take a hypothetical situation, and say we won 1-0 pretty much every week, but with the majority of those performances like those at the beginning of this season, I'd ask myself, is that the right type of progression and preparation for Premier League football?

It's always about finding the right balance. This early in the season, it's fine to stabilise and grind it out, but once you realise that most of the team's can't hurt us due to the level, then it opens up a chance to really work on key areas in performance and development that can help aid us in the future, whatever division we're in.

Doing that will also test our defence just a little more, and they'll need that challenge too, because it's all a bit easy for them at the moment.

I liken this situation to say Manchester City. They've bought so many World Class players or whatever over the years, which is fine, because they can bulldozer their way through many teams, a lot who just come and sit behind the ball and make life difficult.

City will still win most of the time, but is this the best preparation for them? No not really. Because when they come to face real proper teams, like those in Europe, they suddenly do not have enough practice to deal with situations when the game is much more even and they're suddenly having to do things that they've not had to do in many of the games they've faced.

And when they do get challenged in those moments, it's doubly worse, because those who are challenging are at the top end of their play.

People will laugh at Manchester United's situation, or even wonder how they walked the league so easily last season, but it's because they have the right balance in their squad. They are challenged defensively and offensively in every match. They can practice all the elements they need and adapt to the opponents to suit their strengths as a result. Doesn't work out all the time of course, but it's something a lot of the big teams don't always realise is wrong with their approach.

So what you are saying Neil is that we should give the ball away a bit more in the midfield to hopefully give our defence some more practice? Or is is that you have already, as per your comment on the Premier League vs Championship, conceded that we will promote?

On a more serious note, your comments are valid. Yet, many have said that we have not moved out of third gear, when we push the stick from second on the rare occasion. What will happen at Burnley and Wigan, more than say Millwall, is that the team will be forced to start in third gear and push into fourth. We expect, as we did at Bolton and Leeds, that the opponents would be much better and Leeds was one of those games where we were in third or fourth gear throughout. It is basically that we are playing at the level needed to win the games. When Hoilett came on we moved up the tempo and the game was over. Yes, sometimes the players need a KUTRs, but overall, what they are doing now is practicing the passing style of play, in second gear most of the time, and getting ready for the important months to come. Burnley and Wigan, at least, will be great games to watch.
How good are we? on 18:27 - Oct 6 with 2994 viewsE17hoop

How good are we? on 18:13 - Oct 6 by bosh67

We are in a tough place. Too good for this league and not good enough for the one above us, yet. The difference between us this season and the last time we were at the top and went up is that last time it was a nice surprise. This time we just are that much better than anyone we've played so far. Quite significantly so far.

This.
We are a PL team in all but name, playing PL football in the FL.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

How good are we? on 19:09 - Oct 6 with 2921 viewsRed_Ranger

How good are we? on 18:27 - Oct 6 by E17hoop

This.
We are a PL team in all but name, playing PL football in the FL.

We not good enough for Prem yet.
We got yoyo written all over us.
Wouldn't be surprised if we go up and come back down again.

As above, most impressed by our defence. Reading let in some clangers against Burnley yesterday. Forest looked like they leak goals as well as scoring them. We have a very strong chance of going up if we can keep this tight at the back.
How good are we? on 21:36 - Oct 6 with 2784 viewsQPR442

Thought about this over the last 4 games and think we have the best squad in the division. Agree we have not played Burnley/Watford/Wigan/Forest/Leicester but we can only beat what's in front of us.
We run all over the place and teams cannot cope with that and our sub bench would walk into any first team in the division.
Boro and Barnsley never had a chance to score and that is because how good we are.
Don't think the quality in this division is that good and our team will P#ss over most.

I reckon Watford and Wigan will be the only challengers to us.
How good are we? on 21:53 - Oct 6 with 2760 viewsloftus77

Well, from what I've seen so far we're pretty good, pretty good.

I dont think at the moment we are as creative a side as 2010-11 (look at goals scored) but I think we are a better all round team with options in crucial positions. If Adel had broken his leg in Oct 2010, would we have gone up? Doubt it.

I think however that, as some as said, the difference is our rivals. In 2010-11 it was only really Cardiff and Forest a bit. Now we've got to worry about Watford/Forest/Leicester/Reading - they are all a real threat (I was still pleased Burnley beat Reading yesterday defo) .

So, to sum up, we are a good, strong, side and we could well be an even better outfit than 2010-11 - but we're going to need to be.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 21:53]
How good are we? on 22:07 - Oct 6 with 2727 viewsFredManRave

How good are we?

We're the finest football team...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

How good are we? on 22:23 - Oct 6 with 2689 viewsQPRDave

Forest are asking the same question
http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38680
How good are we? on 22:35 - Oct 6 with 2676 viewsPunteR

We got a very good team , best in the league imo. As far as performance levels go, there isnt a standout team,but we are getting the results going our way.
Still early days. We will get promoted though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024