Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:48 - Nov 2 with 5908 viewsNW5Hoop

1. Matt Phillips' best 45 minutes for us in the second half (and given the first goal and another good cross in the first game, probably his second best 45 minutes for us in the first half). But still some sloppiness - often a poor first touch, some misplaced passes.
2. Feels cruel to say anything bad about Faurlin today, but a lot of his passing was poor. He won a ton of tackles, but I rather felt a lot of them were tackles he shouldn't have had to win in the first place. Anyway, I hope the injury isn't serious, that he's back soon, and that he can rediscover the form that made us all like him so much in the first place.
3. Barton was excellent today. I don't like him. I wish he wasn't at the club. But I'm not so blind as to think he wasn't the difference between the teams today: some very incisive passing, a lot of determination to be first to the ball, and when he was annoyed he got indignant rather than angry.
4. Why oh why oh why are we so in love with the touchline to touchline ball in our own half? They were all at it. It creates nothing. If you've got the time to look up and play a 50 yard ball across the pitch in your own half, you've got the time to move forward. Because by the time the ball reaches its target, he's got no more time than you had. Still too much concentration on looking pretty in areas where it doesn't matter.
5. I was genuinely pissed off with Austin going into the corner in the 87th minute. Even if there hadn't been five more minutes to add on, it's way too early. You rarely use more than 30 seconds and you almost always - as he did - end up surrendering possession. Derby had a dangerous break from him trying to keep it in the corner with what turned out to be eight minutes still to play.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2013 18:10]
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:56 - Nov 2 with 5054 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just back on 17:59 - Nov 2 with 5017 viewsqueensparker

Just back too - really enjoyed that. Great end to end second half with the tackles flying in, makes a nice change from tippy-tappy chess games we've had recently. Great atmosphere as well

Doesn't look great for Faurlin, he was pounding the ground in pain and looked like he knew he was badly injured as soon as he went down. Think the above is a bit harsh, ale and Barton were playing well together and for me is still our best midfield two. Much more pass and move than when Henry's in there dithering around. Got to hope Carroll's back soon.

Phillips MOM for me with Barton as an honourable mention, he destroyed their left back in the second half and should have had a cracking goal that pounded the cross bar. Special mention to Green for a world-class save from a free kick at the end that gave us the three points.
Just back on 18:05 - Nov 2 with 4946 viewsSpiritofGregory

The players do sometimes lack intelligence it's like when there was half a minute to go and Phillips goes for a shot at goal when he should have held on to possession. He gave them possession which put us under pressure and led to a free kick at the death.
Just back on 18:09 - Nov 2 with 4896 viewsNW5Hoop

Just back on 17:59 - Nov 2 by queensparker

Just back too - really enjoyed that. Great end to end second half with the tackles flying in, makes a nice change from tippy-tappy chess games we've had recently. Great atmosphere as well

Doesn't look great for Faurlin, he was pounding the ground in pain and looked like he knew he was badly injured as soon as he went down. Think the above is a bit harsh, ale and Barton were playing well together and for me is still our best midfield two. Much more pass and move than when Henry's in there dithering around. Got to hope Carroll's back soon.

Phillips MOM for me with Barton as an honourable mention, he destroyed their left back in the second half and should have had a cracking goal that pounded the cross bar. Special mention to Green for a world-class save from a free kick at the end that gave us the three points.

Looked like the free kick was going over from the West Paddock. Be interested to see on TV.
Just back on 18:11 - Nov 2 with 4863 viewsHAYESBOY

Certainly don't agree with your second point regarding Faurlin.

Thought was good today. Won tackles played the ball quickly and intelligently.
Hope its not another ACL. It looked like an impact injury.

Thought Phillips was MoM. There left back is still on the pitch trying to find Phillips.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Just back on 18:13 - Nov 2 with 4866 viewsdennisbailey92

I don't know what happened to Phillips at half time, I think they might have played his useless twin in the first half and bought the real guy on for the second. He really went for their full back in the second half and it could have been a goal of the season contender when he hit the cross bar
Just back on 18:25 - Nov 2 with 4753 viewsbaz_qpr

Have to be honest I thought the better team lost. They tore our midfield to shreds second half but have little up front. Thought Greens distribution was terrible, what's happened to Dunne is he carrying an injury. Well done to Phillips for his second half display. Now what to do about Hoilett
Just back on 18:28 - Nov 2 with 4698 viewsdennisbailey92

Will Hughes looked very good for an 18 year old
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 18:40 - Nov 2 with 4614 viewsVish

Just back on 18:25 - Nov 2 by baz_qpr

Have to be honest I thought the better team lost. They tore our midfield to shreds second half but have little up front. Thought Greens distribution was terrible, what's happened to Dunne is he carrying an injury. Well done to Phillips for his second half display. Now what to do about Hoilett

Very harsh. Didn't think they tore us apart at all. Barton and Faurlin were good today and done a good job. The problem we still seem to have is making our own mistakes and not clearing the lines which let Derby in a few times. They certainly were not the better team.
Just back on 19:11 - Nov 2 with 4477 viewsWatford_Ranger

My word.
Just back on 19:17 - Nov 2 with 4441 viewsDesertBoot

Someone's glass needs a top up.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Just back on 19:22 - Nov 2 with 4423 views1MoreBrightonR

Seriously!? I though derby were the best team we have okayed at home...but they had one shot in the first half and scored. The second half was great entertainment from both teams but we worked so hard and deserved that win. Great performance from us and yes, they could have scored a few in the second half but so could we.
Just back on 19:45 - Nov 2 with 4307 viewscollegeranger

Derby under Shteeve will be in there at the end of the season and looked the best side we have played.

The ref had a shocker and while Ale was been tended to Ward was chatting to the guys in front of me in the Ellerslie and said the "the ref's bollix" and he was right!

`i also thought we looked a little tired at the back for the first time this year and would have subbed Ale just before his injury pushed Jenas back and bought AJ on to stretch them - but what do I know!

I also hate the keep the ball in the corner crap on the 87th minute. Jenas smelt a hat trick and we should have pressed on.

Matt Phillips MOTM for me. His pace is frightening at times today and will thrive and get better and better.
Just back on 20:05 - Nov 2 with 4214 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back on 18:40 - Nov 2 by Vish

Very harsh. Didn't think they tore us apart at all. Barton and Faurlin were good today and done a good job. The problem we still seem to have is making our own mistakes and not clearing the lines which let Derby in a few times. They certainly were not the better team.

There is a difference between tearing us apart and tearing our midfield apart (which 2nd half IMHO they did) As I said in my original post they were pretty toothless up front, but I thought they passed and moved with real zip and purpose (in a way I wish we would) and we punted a lot of balls down the channels. I thought Will Hughes was the best player on the pitch. I thought Barton was excellent and Faurlin was decent, Jenas went missing for much of the 2nd half. Phillips was as good 2nd half as he was bad 1st half (cross for the goal apart) Hoillet was like a younger version of SWP constantly running into dead ends. I felt until our goal only one team was going to win it and it was them. They then committed more forward in the last 15 and we had some joy on the counter.

Only calling it as I see it.
Just back on 20:11 - Nov 2 with 4179 viewsrunningman75

Just back on 18:13 - Nov 2 by dennisbailey92

I don't know what happened to Phillips at half time, I think they might have played his useless twin in the first half and bought the real guy on for the second. He really went for their full back in the second half and it could have been a goal of the season contender when he hit the cross bar

Confidence in an important factor in players. Look at Townsend who could not get into the Spurs team and shone for us last season despite us going down. Since then he has become one of England's best players.
Just back on 20:49 - Nov 2 with 4036 viewsDylanP

Its a game of opinions and your opinion seems to be in conflict with everybody else's.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Just back on 21:05 - Nov 2 with 3962 viewssmegma

Just back on 18:09 - Nov 2 by NW5Hoop

Looked like the free kick was going over from the West Paddock. Be interested to see on TV.

It was going top corner until Green palmed it away with his left hand (when it looked easier to use his right) for a top drawer save.
Just back on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 3962 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just back on 18:05 - Nov 2 by SpiritofGregory

The players do sometimes lack intelligence it's like when there was half a minute to go and Phillips goes for a shot at goal when he should have held on to possession. He gave them possession which put us under pressure and led to a free kick at the death.

Nonsense.

Bare bones.

Just back on 21:46 - Nov 2 with 3833 viewsted_hendrix

I thought Matt Phillips in the second half was the guy I thought we signed, he came alive and I'm looking forward to him kicking on now.

I actually thought Derby played quite well and looked neat and tidy, whilst not exactly laying siege to our goal I was relieved when the final whistle went.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just back on 21:51 - Nov 2 with 3817 viewssmegma

I have to be honest and reckon you are talking out of your R's.
Just back on 22:05 - Nov 2 with 3755 viewsHollowayRanger

best 3 for me were

jenes tap in but was there for it! plus thought he got the 2nd as well
green just for that freekick save was going in top corner
phillips made first goal some great crosses and a wicked shot

worst 3

hoilett flatters to decieve
simpson got given the run around at times
austin lost heart for much of 2nd half (understandable really)

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just back on 22:12 - Nov 2 with 3724 viewsHooparoo

Just back on 22:05 - Nov 2 by HollowayRanger

best 3 for me were

jenes tap in but was there for it! plus thought he got the 2nd as well
green just for that freekick save was going in top corner
phillips made first goal some great crosses and a wicked shot

worst 3

hoilett flatters to decieve
simpson got given the run around at times
austin lost heart for much of 2nd half (understandable really)

Does Charlie need a rest perhaps? He's trying hard it sounds like but being the lone striker isn't his thing and a bit of a thankless task. Get him on 2nd half occasionally after AJ or Cheva have run out of steam.

Would give any defence the sh!ts to see him trotting on after an hour of hell chasing AJ.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Just back on 22:28 - Nov 2 with 3658 viewshoopstar67

Sorry no idea what game u we're watching but I though Ale was great today,passed it well , won tackles, was everywhere on the pitch.
Just back on 00:19 - Nov 3 with 3459 viewsA40Bosh

I can't see how anyone watching that game today can have anyone other than Barton as the best player on the pitch let alone the qpr mom.
Whether you love him or hate him or even if you are indifferent to him, he is the classiest midfielder we have in the squad by a mile. Ale was playing well up until his injury, hope it is not serious, but there were times when he had to just stand out of the way as Barton charged around the centre taking ownership. The only downside was as someone else said early second half they just took away the midfield from us for about 15 mins and we looked over run.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Just back on 05:26 - Nov 3 with 3336 viewswestberksr

Just back on 18:13 - Nov 2 by dennisbailey92

a tad harsh imo, seeing that he put in possibly the 2 best crosses we've seen this season from the right wing, both in the first half. he did put his boot through one that nearly landed in Foolham but the first couple of efforts were great.

overall he was a massive improvement over what we've seen from him so far; his cameo at Millwall was lamentable by comparison. hopefully today was a sign of things tro come.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024