Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curse of the ACL injury 14:07 - Nov 4 with 3147 viewsDeatho

Surely no other club has had this injury effect their squad as much as us in recent years.

From memory these players have all suffered this horrendous injury:

Gallen, Carlisle, Langley, Shittu, Rowlands, Buzsaky (twice), AJ, Faurlin (twice).
I bet I've forgot a few as well.

Lets hope Ale makes a full recovery. Class on and off the pitch.
Curse of the ACL injury on 14:15 - Nov 4 with 3109 viewsthemodfather

wasn't rowlands twice, once at derby i recall...
Curse of the ACL injury on 14:21 - Nov 4 with 3086 viewsbosh67

Curse of the ACL injury on 14:15 - Nov 4 by themodfather

wasn't rowlands twice, once at derby i recall...

Gallen twice on the same leg. Still came back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Curse of the ACL injury on 14:46 - Nov 4 with 3018 viewsDeatho

Jeez. That's four of our players had it twice.
Curse of the ACL injury on 15:06 - Nov 4 with 2951 viewsHollowayRanger

cant help thinking once it goes once the damage is done

bit like when i broke my arm

first time it took to people running with my arm trapped between their legs

( no not an orgy) was playing bulldog at school

2nd time i just fell over backwards while sword fighting and my arm just snapped like a twig

been very protective of it ever since as when ever i get a bang no matter where on my arm to pain shoots straight to where it broke

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Curse of the ACL injury on 15:08 - Nov 4 with 2951 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Curse of the ACL injury on 15:06 - Nov 4 by HollowayRanger

cant help thinking once it goes once the damage is done

bit like when i broke my arm

first time it took to people running with my arm trapped between their legs

( no not an orgy) was playing bulldog at school

2nd time i just fell over backwards while sword fighting and my arm just snapped like a twig

been very protective of it ever since as when ever i get a bang no matter where on my arm to pain shoots straight to where it broke

Different leg this time for Ale.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Curse of the ACL injury on 15:12 - Nov 4 with 2930 viewsdaveB

When did Gallen do it for a second time? I don't remember that
Curse of the ACL injury on 15:41 - Nov 4 with 2880 viewsVish

Isn't Granero out with ACL?

Thought Gallen only done it in once?
Curse of the ACL injury on 16:09 - Nov 4 with 2834 viewsDeatho

Me neither. Either way, our players have been damn unlucky. Always seem to be an important player at the time of the injury as well sadly.
Login to get fewer ads

Curse of the ACL injury on 16:17 - Nov 4 with 2801 viewsJuzzie

ACL is all the fashion (along with metatarsals). Paul Gascoigne started the trend and everyone has followed since.
Curse of the ACL injury on 06:39 - Nov 5 with 2607 viewsqprmick

Just as an aside, my dog did one in her hind leg about 7 years ago. Cost a fortune and after a lot of rehab she is still going and she is 14 that is the equivalent of about 98 in human years. I take her for a walk twice a day and she is doing fine. Hope Ale comes back for us. Those other victims did not come back as good as ever but heres hoping.

Qprmick

Curse of the ACL injury on 09:30 - Nov 5 with 2536 viewsedwardtheconfessor

Rowlands definately done his acl twice ,the last was on duty for rep Ire.not sure if Lee Cook done his as well??.As for Ali ,its another nine months cut from his career.Whatever spin we/the club put on this... its a disaster..Langley,Gallen,Buzacky...ffs,the Joy and pain of supporting our wonderful, Beloved,Starcrossed Queens Park Rangers..

Walk with me through the universe..and along the way see how all of us are connected....feast the eyes of you soul on all love and abounds in all places at once seemingly endless..like your own existence..we are connected..

Curse of the ACL injury on 09:34 - Nov 5 with 2526 viewsToast_R

I thought Gallen did it once away to Portsmouth but it was back in the mid 90's and the treatment of such injuries wasn't anywhere near as good as it is now. Same as Gazza, never quite the same after the injury but much of that could be down to the mental problems in being out for so long and fearing your careers over. I reckon a full recovery is as down to as much a strong mind as it is the right physical rehab.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2013 9:37]
Curse of the ACL injury on 10:25 - Nov 5 with 2471 viewsHollowayRanger

how many of our players have been done in home games

gallen granero were away

faurlin both at home

cant remember rest just wondering if its anything to do with our pitch?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Curse of the ACL injury on 11:08 - Nov 5 with 2446 viewsToast_R

Curse of the ACL injury on 10:25 - Nov 5 by HollowayRanger

how many of our players have been done in home games

gallen granero were away

faurlin both at home

cant remember rest just wondering if its anything to do with our pitch?

Wrong...

Faurlin's first was at MK Dons.
Curse of the ACL injury on 11:28 - Nov 5 with 2422 viewsPinnerPaul

Just seen that Peter Ramage has suffered two of these as well, so there is hope that Ale can get back
Curse of the ACL injury on 11:41 - Nov 5 with 2410 viewsHAYESBOY

This type of injury to ACL is common.

Used to be career threatening but nowadays they usually take strips of hamstring from your thigh and graft them to the torn/ruptured ligament. ACL in this case.

Tore my left ACL playing football 10 years ago. Took me 7 months to feel normal again.
After about a month the rehab is just to get the joint moving again and go from there. Ale will be fine. He has the support of the club and the best medical support in doing his rehab correctly.
He will come back and be a good player for us again.

I wish him the best in his recovery.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Curse of the ACL injury on 13:15 - Nov 5 with 2371 viewsDeano19766

Did Richard Ord suffer the same injury? What about John O'Neill? (although his was in his first game after he left us).
Curse of the ACL injury on 15:01 - Nov 5 with 2329 viewsHunterhoop

Curse of the ACL injury on 11:41 - Nov 5 by HAYESBOY

This type of injury to ACL is common.

Used to be career threatening but nowadays they usually take strips of hamstring from your thigh and graft them to the torn/ruptured ligament. ACL in this case.

Tore my left ACL playing football 10 years ago. Took me 7 months to feel normal again.
After about a month the rehab is just to get the joint moving again and go from there. Ale will be fine. He has the support of the club and the best medical support in doing his rehab correctly.
He will come back and be a good player for us again.

I wish him the best in his recovery.

They can also take a strip from your patella tendon, which is what I had back in April. Patella tendon grafts have half the re-rupture rate as hamstrings. Taking a strip from the hamstring is a slightly easier op and is supposedly more comfortable for the rest of your life when it comes to kneeling, but the patella tendon is stronger.

Like you said, pretty common injuries nowadays though.
Curse of the ACL injury on 18:24 - Nov 5 with 2282 viewsCamberleyR

They've probably always been a common injury, it's just that years ago they were lumped in together with cartilage injuries/broken legs as the treatment for them was rudimentary to say the least.

Brian Clough had his career ended by a cruciate ligament injury in 1962 although it wasn't said as such until decades later.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024