Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ekotto 19:38 - Jan 18 with 7284 viewsbosh67

Can anyone remember a player at QPR who could so effortlessly pluck a ball out the air and have it glued to his foot in an instant?

I can only think of Roy Wegerle. Totally different player but Ekotto is a very very special football technician. A real joy to watch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ekotto on 19:39 - Jan 18 with 4986 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good comparison.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ekotto on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 4961 viewsibnumber10

Clive Wilson was classy
Ekotto on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 4939 viewssmegma

Stefan Moore. Dominic Iorfa.
Ekotto on 19:57 - Jan 18 with 4861 viewseasthertsr

Surely the legendary Bob 'Malcomio' Malcolm was as adept!
Ekotto on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 4847 viewsWilloW4

I'm not a fan of ekotto.. I dislike his arrogance, his "I'm too cool and to run at the same time" attitude...his positioning first half at times was woeful. Little tommy Carroll ended up trying to stop at cross at left back.. Where was ekotto? Playing with his gloves on the half way line..pissed me right off..... Positives, sublime skill to pass with ease from a high ball, and he supplied the corner for chas winner.. So credit there, but then his corner school end, and that 'shot' from 7 yards..IMHO , be great to have a left back who looks like he gives a shit.
Ekotto on 20:08 - Jan 18 with 4777 viewsrsonist

Know what you mean, but still a harsh assessment. His positives outweigh the negatives so far.
Ekotto (n/t) on 20:12 - Jan 18 with 4749 viewsRangersDave

Ekotto on 19:57 - Jan 18 by easthertsr

Surely the legendary Bob 'Malcomio' Malcolm was as adept!

[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:13]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ekotto on 20:31 - Jan 18 with 4669 viewsRBlock

Ekotto on 19:58 - Jan 18 by WilloW4

I'm not a fan of ekotto.. I dislike his arrogance, his "I'm too cool and to run at the same time" attitude...his positioning first half at times was woeful. Little tommy Carroll ended up trying to stop at cross at left back.. Where was ekotto? Playing with his gloves on the half way line..pissed me right off..... Positives, sublime skill to pass with ease from a high ball, and he supplied the corner for chas winner.. So credit there, but then his corner school end, and that 'shot' from 7 yards..IMHO , be great to have a left back who looks like he gives a shit.

+1
Login to get fewer ads

Ekotto on 20:45 - Jan 18 with 4603 viewsFearless

Brilliant piece of skill today - but you ask for others - surely Taarabt springs immediately to mind?
Ekotto on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 4550 viewsHollowayRanger

one of my top 3 players today

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ekotto on 21:48 - Jan 18 with 4441 viewsM40R

He's clearly a great technical player and does some amazing things but I wish he would 1) seem to care a bit more; and 2) get forward and whip in crosses from beyond the 18 yard line. I wonder if if does not do much of 2) as he can't be bothered to sprint back if it breaks down,

Not a patch on Ian Gillard or even Gino...
Ekotto on 21:55 - Jan 18 with 4418 viewsTHEBUSH

Ekotto on 21:48 - Jan 18 by M40R

He's clearly a great technical player and does some amazing things but I wish he would 1) seem to care a bit more; and 2) get forward and whip in crosses from beyond the 18 yard line. I wonder if if does not do much of 2) as he can't be bothered to sprint back if it breaks down,

He is what he is and that's it
Ekotto on 22:02 - Jan 18 with 4402 viewsShotKneesHoop

Ekotto on 21:48 - Jan 18 by M40R

Agreed. Neither ponced about.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ekotto on 22:20 - Jan 18 with 4345 viewsHollowayRanger

million times better than bowingwa

the guys on loan doing well for us

and for me he's the best premiership rated player on the pitch

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ekotto on 23:05 - Jan 18 with 4258 viewsgobbles

Ekotto on 22:20 - Jan 18 by HollowayRanger

million times better than bowingwa

the guys on loan doing well for us

and for me he's the best premiership rated player on the pitch

For someone who apparently doesn't give a sh1t, according to some, he doesn't half cover a lot of ground when he chases back.
Ekotto on 23:21 - Jan 18 with 4215 viewsdavman

Him and Nico were simply miles and miles above anyone else on show today. If they applied their skill with workrate, they'd rip this league a new one.

But they don't. They clearly know they're better than this and have little to prove.

Shame.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ekotto on 23:27 - Jan 18 with 4195 viewsRedbourneR

Chim Chiminee Chim Chimenee Chim Chim Cheroo, who needs Sol Campbell when we've got Assou ...

... Ekotto
Ekotto on 00:55 - Jan 19 with 4079 viewseghamranger

Weird thing was it was so high and it was behind him and he stopped it from going over the line and then laid it off. Was Superb!
Ekotto on 00:58 - Jan 19 with 4068 viewsDieByYourSide

QPR fans unhappy at having Assou Ekotto at left back: you might as well turn it in guys, you're not gonna see much better.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Ekotto on 01:03 - Jan 19 with 4060 viewskensalriser

Some people just prefer players who run around around a lot and kick people over players who possess actual talent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ekotto on 01:17 - Jan 19 with 4041 viewsPommyhoop

Ekotto on 01:03 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

Some people just prefer players who run around around a lot and kick people over players who possess actual talent.

We do appreciate a hard won throw in or a slightly harrased oppo goalkeeper

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ekotto on 01:18 - Jan 19 with 4039 viewsDieByYourSide

Ekotto on 01:17 - Jan 19 by Pommyhoop

We do appreciate a hard won throw in or a slightly harrased oppo goalkeeper

Leave Jamie out of this!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Ekotto on 01:29 - Jan 19 with 4015 viewsjohnjo1

Loads have a go at him he makes the hard things look ssimmple.
Ekotto on 02:51 - Jan 19 with 3976 viewsWilloW4

Ekotto on 23:05 - Jan 18 by gobbles

For someone who apparently doesn't give a sh1t, according to some, he doesn't half cover a lot of ground when he chases back.

When, where...???
Ekotto on 04:27 - Jan 19 with 3948 viewsBklynRanger

Ekotto on 23:21 - Jan 18 by davman

Him and Nico were simply miles and miles above anyone else on show today. If they applied their skill with workrate, they'd rip this league a new one.

But they don't. They clearly know they're better than this and have little to prove.

Shame.

Agree completely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024