Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tony gale ssn - Austin 11:40 - Aug 6 with 6822 viewsAJB0105

Tony says Charlie worth £8-10M as he is not the finished article as he cannot play the lone man upfront. He thinks we will be lucky to get the £15M we are holding out for, rumours that Spurs are prepared to pay the £15M so it makes me wonder what planet Tony is ok?
tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 4992 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gale talks utter sh1t all the time.

Bare bones.

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 4990 viewsdaveB

I find it incredible that these pundits can claim players going for over 20 million who have never played in this country before are a bargain but Austin with 18 goals in a shit side is not worth more than 10 million.

To say he can't play the lone front man is nonsense imo, he did in his first season with us and got 20 goals
tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 4965 viewsMaggsinho

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:44 - Aug 6 by Antti_Heinola

Gale talks utter sh1t all the time.

Gale can go f*ck himself.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:46 - Aug 6 with 4906 viewsTacticalR

'Gale has also contributed a regular column for West Ham's official website, WHUFC.com'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gale

Air hostess clique

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:48 - Aug 6 with 4892 viewsEastR

It’s all about opinions, even sh8t ones. Laughable.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 4864 viewsSimonJames

Benteke goes for £32.5M and Charlie is only worth £10M!!!
Am I missing something here?

100% of people who drink water will die.

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 4853 viewsNorthernr

I can actually see what he's saying. Austin's back to goal game isn't all that. There's definitely improvements to make in his game. But when you look at what other players are costing, he's definitely worth £15m. McCormack to Fulham for £11m, never scored a Premier League goal in his life. Patrick Roberts to Man City £11m, barely kicked a ball in senior football in his life. Connor Wickham £9m, half a dozen goals in four years. Roby Brady £8m, Jake Livermore £8m, Steven Caulker £8m, Leroy Fer £8m.

The market is fcking mental, but that doesn't mean we should be the only ones askling for a sensible fee for a player.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 4828 viewsganjR

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:44 - Aug 6 by Maggsinho

Gale can go f*ck himself.

I don't think he could if he tried. My mates dad was a West Ham player with him and said his nickname was 'pencil' as he has a tiny cock.
Login to get fewer ads

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:03 - Aug 6 with 4779 viewsstevec

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:51 - Aug 6 by Northernr

I can actually see what he's saying. Austin's back to goal game isn't all that. There's definitely improvements to make in his game. But when you look at what other players are costing, he's definitely worth £15m. McCormack to Fulham for £11m, never scored a Premier League goal in his life. Patrick Roberts to Man City £11m, barely kicked a ball in senior football in his life. Connor Wickham £9m, half a dozen goals in four years. Roby Brady £8m, Jake Livermore £8m, Steven Caulker £8m, Leroy Fer £8m.

The market is fcking mental, but that doesn't mean we should be the only ones askling for a sensible fee for a player.

All true. Prem teams mostly play one up front and Austin would require quite a change in formations to get the best out of him. I love the guy but didn't we get our first points on the board away from home last year when he didn't play? Top top goalscorer but no ones beating the door down at £15m for this reason.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:04 - Aug 6 with 4769 viewsNorthernr

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:03 - Aug 6 by stevec

All true. Prem teams mostly play one up front and Austin would require quite a change in formations to get the best out of him. I love the guy but didn't we get our first points on the board away from home last year when he didn't play? Top top goalscorer but no ones beating the door down at £15m for this reason.

Well I think nobody is paying £15m because they know if they do it late on deadline day they'll get him for less, just how it works.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:06 - Aug 6 with 4734 viewsPunteR

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:04 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Well I think nobody is paying £15m because they know if they do it late on deadline day they'll get him for less, just how it works.

Yep. And Phillips probably

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:12 - Aug 6 with 4684 viewsSimonJames

I hear Costa's still injured. Maybe the scum will stitch us up again.

100% of people who drink water will die.

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:32 - Aug 6 with 4596 viewsSomersetHoops

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:12 - Aug 6 by SimonJames

I hear Costa's still injured. Maybe the scum will stitch us up again.

Gale is a tosser, but now Dan Levy is involved we will see how our negotiating team perform. I always though he would end up at Spurs and think its a good fit for him in a team with a good coach. I can see something like 11 mill + Fredericks being about right but it could be less if it goes to the end of the window.

My view is that both parties would benefit from a deal being done quickly so CA can be fitted into his new team and benefit from some pre-start coaching and we can get a replacement. Charlie's previous physical problems could bring his value down a bit and Levy would make the most of that. Its too much like brinkmanship to leave medicals and other admin issues to the last minute and the Fer situation should warn us about that. After what Charlie has done for us he deserves a move and I suspect he would want this and I don't want to see another Remy situation leaving us short of the resources we need.

If Fredricks has already gone to Bristol City then that's an opportunity missed perhaps.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 12:43]

Who's Next?

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:38 - Aug 6 with 4533 viewsganjR

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:32 - Aug 6 by SomersetHoops

Gale is a tosser, but now Dan Levy is involved we will see how our negotiating team perform. I always though he would end up at Spurs and think its a good fit for him in a team with a good coach. I can see something like 11 mill + Fredericks being about right but it could be less if it goes to the end of the window.

My view is that both parties would benefit from a deal being done quickly so CA can be fitted into his new team and benefit from some pre-start coaching and we can get a replacement. Charlie's previous physical problems could bring his value down a bit and Levy would make the most of that. Its too much like brinkmanship to leave medicals and other admin issues to the last minute and the Fer situation should warn us about that. After what Charlie has done for us he deserves a move and I suspect he would want this and I don't want to see another Remy situation leaving us short of the resources we need.

If Fredricks has already gone to Bristol City then that's an opportunity missed perhaps.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 12:43]

Fredericks has gone to Brizzle City.
On a side note: Ivan Toney, a player that a few of us rate here has left Northampton to join Newcastle.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:40 - Aug 6 with 4524 viewsJonDoeman

TBF I remember a thread on here with the vast majority on it saying the same sort of values as Gale. I think he's cheap at 15 mill & if it wasn't QPR selling he'd have gone for that already. Clubs think we're mugs & they can tuck us up. IMO

It Is What It Is !!

tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:54 - Aug 6 with 4451 viewsSpiritofGregory

Trying to drive the price down because the Hammers want him. Get lost Gale. We might as well keep him at that price.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 12:56 - Aug 6 with 4437 viewsHAYESBOY

I don't mind Gale.
He has stated several times that when Loftus Road gets going that there is no better ground for generating an atmosphere.
He has a point and he would probably say Benteke is not worth 32m.

But as said, if the market is saying Benteke is worth 32m, then Charlie is worth 20m at least. 15m cheap IMO.

Smells like a trout farm in here

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:00 - Aug 6 with 4392 viewsBluce_Ree

15m is a stupid amount but it's a stupid economy and in that economy Charlie is worth 15m. Tony Gale can drink phlegm from the cocks of men.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:12 - Aug 6 with 4325 viewsTHEBUSH

Think Spurs paid around 30 million for Roberto Soldado, he can't score in the Premiership for love nor money.
Paying 15 million for Charlie Austin who has proved he can score in the Premiership, don't seem such a bad deal
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:15 - Aug 6 with 4289 viewsQPRski

I understand the logic, but how much are they hoping "to save"? A couple of million pounds?

A million quid is a lot in the "real world", but is it really that much in the hiper-inflated and mega-rich Premiership World?

If somebody wants a proven Premiership striker with an impresive track record, then Charlie "should be" a bargain at GBP15M. He is also British (home-bred player quota, etc).

I really am suprised that someone has not already snapped him up. If you benchmark the crazy current market rates, he should be good value. So all very strange for me, but perhaps I am biased?

..or perhaps they fear he will fail the medical?
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:16 - Aug 6 with 4273 viewsganjR

I can see Charlie going for £12.5m, if they come in for him, he'll push for the move.
I think Grant Hall has a year left on his contract, so he may be part of the deal?
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:22 - Aug 6 with 4226 viewsRosieG

Gale went to the same school as me, he wasn't the brightest of pupils, not bad at footie though.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:27 - Aug 6 with 4198 viewsbatmanhoop

Long went for £12m, Soldado £28m and how much did the 'ammers splash out on Carroll?
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:29 - Aug 6 with 4182 viewsNorthernr

tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:15 - Aug 6 by QPRski

I understand the logic, but how much are they hoping "to save"? A couple of million pounds?

A million quid is a lot in the "real world", but is it really that much in the hiper-inflated and mega-rich Premiership World?

If somebody wants a proven Premiership striker with an impresive track record, then Charlie "should be" a bargain at GBP15M. He is also British (home-bred player quota, etc).

I really am suprised that someone has not already snapped him up. If you benchmark the crazy current market rates, he should be good value. So all very strange for me, but perhaps I am biased?

..or perhaps they fear he will fail the medical?

Or put another way why pay £15m today when you can pay £12m in a fortnight? Why give him £80k a week now when he'd probably bit your hand off for £45k in a fortnight? We're only talking about two or three matches at the start of the season, they'll just wait.
tony gale ssn - Austin on 13:37 - Aug 6 with 4117 viewsTheBlob

tony gale ssn - Austin on 11:51 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Not worried about back to goal abilities - it's putting the ball into the back of the net that counts,you don't get extra points for delivery.Just get the ball in front is all he wants.
It's going to be cash plus players,don't mind that since Spuds are top heavy.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024