Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Bobby Zamora... 23:41 - Oct 20 with 2255 viewskensalriser

Meanwhile Brighton stay four points clear at the top as Bobby nets a late winner...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 23:51 - Oct 20 with 2220 viewsTacticalR

You can't keep a good man down.

It looks like Brighton are doing the sensible thing and bringing him on at the end of games. The mistake Harry made was playing him from the beginning of games. The danger with Zamora is building the whole side around his style.

Air hostess clique

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 23:53 - Oct 20 with 2210 viewsWilloW4

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 23:51 - Oct 20 by TacticalR

You can't keep a good man down.

It looks like Brighton are doing the sensible thing and bringing him on at the end of games. The mistake Harry made was playing him from the beginning of games. The danger with Zamora is building the whole side around his style.

Good point mate.... But, just seeing the name Harry makes me want to puke.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 23:55 - Oct 20 with 2200 viewsconnell10

And just like rangers if they go up they will crash and burn!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 00:01 - Oct 21 with 2185 viewsPunteR

They sing ooh bobby zamora like he scored a winning goal or something, the cheeky buggers.

What's that?... he has..? and last saturday?

Figures.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 01:40 - Oct 21 with 2086 viewsFredManRave

Never mind.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 1:48]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 02:14 - Oct 21 with 2040 viewsbacardiinbrissie

ssshhhhh...you'll have people saying we should have kept him.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 06:22 - Oct 21 with 1937 viewsCHUBBS

I'd have kept him and Richard Dunne,he sets a great example and like Dunne is a leader.
I know he struggles to play for the duration but he's quality and was a real asset as an impact player in this division under HR.
Oh well we've got Poltergeist instead😁
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:10 - Oct 21 with 1776 viewsJuzzie

Dunne retired.

I think it was right Zamora left. He was pretty much awful for the time he was here whilst pocketing some £10m. He suddenly came good in the play-off's which was great but is now treated like a God. Lets not forget that play offs aside he offered very little for three years.

Lots of people saying we need to move on the old players and get youth in. The first happend but not the latter.

He's bound to score a few goals for Brighton but doesn't mean we should have kept him.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:40 - Oct 21 with 1730 viewsCHUBBS

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:10 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

Dunne retired.

I think it was right Zamora left. He was pretty much awful for the time he was here whilst pocketing some £10m. He suddenly came good in the play-off's which was great but is now treated like a God. Lets not forget that play offs aside he offered very little for three years.

Lots of people saying we need to move on the old players and get youth in. The first happend but not the latter.

He's bound to score a few goals for Brighton but doesn't mean we should have kept him.

He was playing very well long before the playoffs winning us games against Boro and Forest when a draw looked on the cards.
He'd have been a perfect swap for jet last night.
I know he was injury prone but when on he was the best target man I've seen at Rangers in donkeys years and could have given us control for the last 20 in games like last night.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:40 - Oct 21 with 1728 viewsfrancisbowles

Dunne retired.

I said it at the end of last season, if we can't find a better striker, then he would be a cheap back up option.

Whilst he never gave enough value for what we paid him, (he was much cheaper last year) he did have a few great moments like the performance against Arsenal in his first season and the home game against Liverpool last season, when his hold up play was exceptional, not to mention his goals against Sunderland and WBA.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:45 - Oct 21 with 1712 viewsPinnerPaul

Loads wanted him gone after play off final.

They are his first goals of the season.

In other news Max Ehmer can't get in Gill first team.

We LOVE to post on here when an ex player scores, you hear less about those NOT doing so well.

In fact haven't seen an update on Bobby since.....erm he scored his first goal on Saturday!
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 1709 viewsadhoc_qpr

It was the right move to get rid of him.

It was the wrong move to not sign a single experienced championship striker in the transfer window.

Two separate issues really.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 12:07 - Oct 21 with 1680 viewsDiscodroids

truly a wonderful player and his 4 goals in his last 50 odd games for us at 'x' millions of pounds, will be sorely missed.

gat tea falkirk, Ma wee boaby greyfriars
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 12:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 12:10 - Oct 21 with 1664 viewsBluce_Ree

Zamora and AJ were gash.

Fab memories, great goal but let's not suck Bobby clean off. His hip would probably break if you did.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 12:57 - Oct 21 with 1623 viewsTacticalR

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 12:10 - Oct 21 by Bluce_Ree

Zamora and AJ were gash.

Fab memories, great goal but let's not suck Bobby clean off. His hip would probably break if you did.

At least we got something out of Zamora. We never got anything out of AJ.

Air hostess clique

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:04 - Oct 21 with 1609 viewsTacticalR

Dunne retired.

Fair enough.

I agree it wasn't worth renewing his contract as we were supposed to be moving in a new direction. The question is how to use him if you do have him, which Brighton seem to be getting right. It will be interesting to see if he has got another season in him.

Air hostess clique

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:06 - Oct 21 with 1604 viewsJuzzie

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:40 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

I said it at the end of last season, if we can't find a better striker, then he would be a cheap back up option.

Whilst he never gave enough value for what we paid him, (he was much cheaper last year) he did have a few great moments like the performance against Arsenal in his first season and the home game against Liverpool last season, when his hold up play was exceptional, not to mention his goals against Sunderland and WBA.

Most people can recount his good games in one post. I agree he had a few good games but that's my point, just a few. His goals at Sunderland and WBA were brilliant but he just did not do it regularly. This is the same with Barton, one good game in ten doesn't make a good player.

One of two things have to happen;

If any clubs pays good money for a player then I think it's right to expect consistency

If they can't give consistency, for whatever reason, then they don't get paid 60, 70, 80 grand a week. Samba said "what does a 100 grand a week player look like" Whilst people wrongly took that as he earned that amount, he was saying what do people expect? Well, I expect a fking lot from someone earning any huge amounts and if they are not capable of delivering, then they should be paid that amount. Player contracts and the likes of Gordon Taylor are killing the game.

There are way too many bang average players out there earning an awful lot of money for being, well, bang average.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 13:16]
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:10 - Oct 21 with 1597 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 11:47 - Oct 21 by adhoc_qpr

It was the right move to get rid of him.

It was the wrong move to not sign a single experienced championship striker in the transfer window.

Two separate issues really.

Yes agree, very good points
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:15 - Oct 21 with 1579 viewsfrancisbowles

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:06 - Oct 21 by Juzzie

Most people can recount his good games in one post. I agree he had a few good games but that's my point, just a few. His goals at Sunderland and WBA were brilliant but he just did not do it regularly. This is the same with Barton, one good game in ten doesn't make a good player.

One of two things have to happen;

If any clubs pays good money for a player then I think it's right to expect consistency

If they can't give consistency, for whatever reason, then they don't get paid 60, 70, 80 grand a week. Samba said "what does a 100 grand a week player look like" Whilst people wrongly took that as he earned that amount, he was saying what do people expect? Well, I expect a fking lot from someone earning any huge amounts and if they are not capable of delivering, then they should be paid that amount. Player contracts and the likes of Gordon Taylor are killing the game.

There are way too many bang average players out there earning an awful lot of money for being, well, bang average.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 13:16]

Yes, I agree with most of that but, I believe he was on a much cheaper deal last season and this season we couldn't find or afford adequate replacements. Therefore, I believed he was a reasonable relatively cheap option, especially in a championship squad where you are not limited to a 25 players. It would have spared us the row over bringing on Fer to play upfront last night!
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 1566 viewsJuzzie

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:15 - Oct 21 by francisbowles

Yes, I agree with most of that but, I believe he was on a much cheaper deal last season and this season we couldn't find or afford adequate replacements. Therefore, I believed he was a reasonable relatively cheap option, especially in a championship squad where you are not limited to a 25 players. It would have spared us the row over bringing on Fer to play upfront last night!

Thing is, we don't know if he was offered a new contract. We don't know if Barton was offered a new contract. The club could have offered them both new one's and got turned down. Or maybe we didn't offer them at all. We don't know, it's just assumed we didn't.
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 1565 viewsTacticalR

For me the big danger with Zamora was that any side with him became a long ball side. Richard Langley described the identity crisis on Open All Rs when Hughes was in charge:

'It is difficult to see sometimes. Sometimes we do go out there and we look we're going to pass the ball with Granero and Faurlin in the middle. They look like they can take control of the game. And then there are times when we look very, very direct - we're hitting Zamora, and missing out the midfield.'

Air hostess clique

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 13:23 - Oct 21 with 1551 viewshopphoops

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 12:57 - Oct 21 by TacticalR

At least we got something out of Zamora. We never got anything out of AJ.

Funnily enough he scored a tidy winner against Wednesday 2 seasons ago.

Then he broke down for good...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Oh Bobby Zamora... on 15:46 - Oct 21 with 1458 viewsrunningman75

He was got rid of to build for the future ( Clint Hill and Karl Henry!)
Oh Bobby Zamora... on 15:50 - Oct 21 with 1448 viewsFredManRave

Jamie Cureton scored last night, averaging more than 1 in 3 for the Daggers and only just turned 40...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024