Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread 11:22 - Jun 20 with 8705 viewsToast_R

F*ck me I'm feeling rough today, Sinus blocked like a sewer under China Town.

Sounds like he's going to change 1 or two things resting Rooney etc. Personally I'd have hoped he'd pick what he now believes is his best 11 and go out to win this group. The advantage of finishing top will be massive come the next two rounds.

3-0 To England.

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 11:23 - Jun 20 with 3463 viewsTacticalR

Fatberg?

Air hostess clique

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 11:40 - Jun 20 with 3426 viewspaulparker

We are playing with fire here if reported we are making so many changes for the game
I don't trust Woy at all, he doesn't know his best team or formation 4 years in being in the job
play your best team we haven't even qualified yet, we need to win the group first
the last time he made silly changes was after we beat Germany and we were garbage against Holland

1-1 with us finishing 2nd in the group

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 11:41 - Jun 20 with 3427 viewsLimerickR

Ireland could do with England beating Slovakia tonight. That will ensure that a win of any kind on Wednesday night will guarantee qualification.

Also, if England win tonight a 1 goal defeat for NIR vs Germany puts them into the L16 I think.

So come on England! Do it for the Irelands.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 11:46 - Jun 20 with 3408 viewsTonto

there is no need to "feel rough" today.... the game isnt until 8pm...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:14 - Jun 20 with 3357 viewssimmo

6 changes proposed is a bit of a risk, but those coming in should be fine. The full backs are similar to those being replaced and we've rotated that position all through qualifying (and for their clubs). Kane and Sterling might have been dropped for Vardy and Sturridge anyway given the latters impact against Wales, so that leaves 2 additional changes of Rooney and Alli.

It makes sense to not play people to death if it can be helped, 3 games in 9 days can be tough for certain positions and we've already seen how important it is to have fresh players in this tournament with so many late goals, a lot of which are from the bench. These players should also have the chance to show they can be relied on, Vardy and Sturridge showed what they can offer on Thursday so the likes of Henderson and Wilshere know that if they can play well, they have the chance to be considered for later in the tournament.

I think as long as we have a plan to deal with Hamsik, we'll have more than enough to beat this Slovakia team and finish top. The key will be nullifying him and making sure our defence, which is our biggest weakness, can deal with the inevitable barrage from a team that has to win and will go all guns blazing. Looking forward to it and hopefully we get the result to finish top.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:14 - Jun 20 with 3357 viewsozranger

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 11:41 - Jun 20 by LimerickR

Ireland could do with England beating Slovakia tonight. That will ensure that a win of any kind on Wednesday night will guarantee qualification.

Also, if England win tonight a 1 goal defeat for NIR vs Germany puts them into the L16 I think.

So come on England! Do it for the Irelands.

And strangely, a win for England and Hungary qualifies. For the few of us who support Hungary (i.e., of Hungarian heritage) this is a big thing. As, of course, do all other teams on four points or more. So, many Hungarians are cheering for England tonight.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:35 - Jun 20 with 3320 viewsdaveB

From seeing the games so far Slovakia will be England's hardest game so far so to rest 6 players seems suicidal to me
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 3306 viewsbob566

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:35 - Jun 20 by daveB

From seeing the games so far Slovakia will be England's hardest game so far so to rest 6 players seems suicidal to me

they're a handy team. Didn't they beat the germans in a friendly 3-0 or 3-1 in Germany a few weeks ago?
Login to get fewer ads

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:05 - Jun 20 with 3273 viewsjohncharles

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 12:35 - Jun 20 by daveB

Not quite suicidal but a silly and unnecessary risk.

Strong and stable my arse.

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:07 - Jun 20 with 3266 viewswhittocksRs

1-1 draw taking us through (nominally) in first place.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:22 - Jun 20 with 3235 viewskensalriser

Anyone still think we'll fail to get out of the group?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:41 - Jun 20 with 3201 viewsBrightonhoop

They made mugs at times of Russia so 6 changes is a bit high risk, but Woy is clearly planning ahead for the tougher games to come and in quick succession. I think that's been the point of Vardy not featuring too much too soon.

Should be a cracking game 1-1 or 2-1 to us.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:56 - Jun 20 with 3179 viewsQPRDave

Got some Breaking Team news

Baroness Warsi has pulled out of the England starting 11 tonight!!
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 14:00 - Jun 20 with 3172 viewsjohncharles

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:22 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

Even if it all goes Pete Tong you would still scrape through in third. I do think Woi is underestimating Slovakia though.

Strong and stable my arse.

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 14:52 - Jun 20 with 3115 viewsTheChef

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:07 - Jun 20 by whittocksRs

1-1 draw taking us through (nominally) in first place.

Bwilliant Woy masterstwoke will see us win 3-0 tonight.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:02 - Jun 20 with 3093 viewsToast_R

I think an attacking opponent may suit England better as we've struggled to break down a defensive but poor Russia and a 10 behind the ball just look for Bale- Welsh team. If I were Roy though Id' be picking my strongest side to ensure a confidence boosting convincing win. 4 days rest before the next game is ample time to recover and the opposition will be in the same boat where fatigue is concerned come Saturday.

Slovakia surely can't be that good, they lost to Wales.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 15:03]
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:02 - Jun 20 with 3090 viewsdaveB

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 13:22 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

We'd have to go some to get knocked out, 4 points is more than enough for 3rd place but would be poor to only finish 3rd in the group from this position
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:13 - Jun 20 with 3069 viewskensalriser

Sturridge and Vardy both looked good against Wales, I don't see how they could be considered a risk as opposed to Kane who's struggled to get a hold in the games he's played. The full backs will be fine too, but not so convinced about Henderson and Wilshere. Either way we should at least get a draw. I think Wales will beat Russia.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:15 - Jun 20 with 3056 viewsDWQPR

So the newspapers have reported that Woy will be making six changes from the last game? I cannot imagine in a million years that he would tip off the papers more than 24 hours ahead of a tournament match that still has plenty riding on it. I can see no more than two changes with Vardy and Sturridge keeping their places in the side. England should still win comfortably and I expect that tonight will be their most accomplished performance against a side that has to come out and attack us unlike the Russians and the Welsh.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 3023 viewsfrancisbowles

I think we should make a few changes but I wouldn't be risking Sturidge. With his injury record, I would prefer to see him wrapped in cotton wool (maybe not!).

I would start with the young Man U lad and Vardy and look to bring Kane on at some point as he needs to get a goal.

I also would rest Cahill as he has a yellow, which could possibly be wiped after the group stage? Give Stones a go.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 16:45 - Jun 20 with 2927 viewsdaveB

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:23 - Jun 20 by francisbowles

I think we should make a few changes but I wouldn't be risking Sturidge. With his injury record, I would prefer to see him wrapped in cotton wool (maybe not!).

I would start with the young Man U lad and Vardy and look to bring Kane on at some point as he needs to get a goal.

I also would rest Cahill as he has a yellow, which could possibly be wiped after the group stage? Give Stones a go.

yellows get wiped after the quarter final
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 16:57 - Jun 20 with 2916 viewssimmo

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 16:45 - Jun 20 by daveB

yellows get wiped after the quarter final

Which I think is bollocks, players could miss the semi finals for getting 2 bookings in 5 games, that's harsh as fck.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 2824 viewsDWQPR

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 15:15 - Jun 20 by DWQPR

So the newspapers have reported that Woy will be making six changes from the last game? I cannot imagine in a million years that he would tip off the papers more than 24 hours ahead of a tournament match that still has plenty riding on it. I can see no more than two changes with Vardy and Sturridge keeping their places in the side. England should still win comfortably and I expect that tonight will be their most accomplished performance against a side that has to come out and attack us unlike the Russians and the Welsh.

Stand corrected. Woy is stupid enough to give this information to the press well before the game. Six changes confirmed.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 19:58 - Jun 20 with 2793 viewsaston_hoop

Slovakia's anthem sounds like wonderfully minor key evil Slavic stuff and at least 7 of their players look capable of killing. Maybe this won't be as easy as we thought!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 19:59 - Jun 20 with 2789 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to my Saxon and Celtic friends tonight.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024