Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread 11:22 - Jun 20 with 8725 viewsToast_R

F*ck me I'm feeling rough today, Sinus blocked like a sewer under China Town.

Sounds like he's going to change 1 or two things resting Rooney etc. Personally I'd have hoped he'd pick what he now believes is his best 11 and go out to win this group. The advantage of finishing top will be massive come the next two rounds.

3-0 To England.

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:19 - Jun 20 with 1233 viewsconnell10

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 22:20 - Jun 20 by Antti_Heinola

With all due respect, you don't even know which teams are in our group.

Unbeaten, dominated every game, but a bit disappointing is my verdict. But we're comfortably through. Bit like in 1990, really.

Not sure how the Wales goal was flukey either - a great goal.

We got through, Wow bloody wee, in a crap group we finished 2 nd I think we all have a right to be a bit bloody pissed off about that, we are shite!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:32 - Jun 20 with 1208 viewsToast_R

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:19 - Jun 20 by connell10

We got through, Wow bloody wee, in a crap group we finished 2 nd I think we all have a right to be a bit bloody pissed off about that, we are shite!

Get a grip man.

24 team tournament means teams will park the bus. That's happened in all three England games. Yes we could be more clinical in front of goal but that will hopefully come. In the previous 16 team format, Slovakia need to win to progress so they wouldn't have been so bloody defensive. The latter rounds will now hopefully show a whole new emphasis on tactics.

Kane's been dissapointing and Roy should have kept the team that beat Wales in the second half but he's tried to appease the squad and we are where we are because of it. Like I said in a previous entry, I'm more annoyed we have to play a Monday night rather then a Saturday for totally selfish boozeup related reasons of course. The opponent however, I don't think will make a great deal of difference. I'd rather play a tryer like Hungry or Portugal then another team parking the bus who scraped a third place finish.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2016 23:37]
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:42 - Jun 20 with 1181 viewsTacticalR

It is what it is and we move on.

Air hostess clique

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:46 - Jun 20 with 1168 viewsbosh67

I strangely think we may get a better drawer than we would have done if we came 1st. That said why the f*ck didn't Rooney start?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:02 - Jun 21 with 1139 viewsBrightonhoop

We're so poor at the back the first probing side will send us home. Woy's P45 is hot off the press.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:17 - Jun 21 with 1133 viewsBluce_Ree

Why are people being utter palsymeisters about this?

We dominated in all three games. Made Wales look like shit in that game too.

Best we've played in a tournament for a while. We are through, so be happy.

That said, Hart has a mistake in him doesn't he?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:25 - Jun 21 with 1123 viewsToast_R

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:17 - Jun 21 by Bluce_Ree

True that but then so did Safe Hands...
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:58 - Jun 21 with 1086 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:17 - Jun 21 by Bluce_Ree

Dominated all three yet got five points instead of nine.
Dominated all three but scored three goals in 50 or so chances for us
Dominated all three yet conceded 2 goals with 10 or so chances against us
The second we face a Germany, a France, or even a Portugal which we could next game, you will see us waste chances, and them score them, and most likely a good 2/3-0 loss.
Pathetic that we couldn't top this group, Hodgson couldnt motivate anything
[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 0:59]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 01:32 - Jun 21 with 1063 viewsbob566

Quit moaning and enjoy it
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 02:03 - Jun 21 with 1054 viewsSydneyRs

Firstly, Slovakia are no mugs, and not just in this game. They have been decent in their other matches too. They defended very well, tried to counter attack when they could and made very few mistakes despite all the pressure they were under. I didn't think England were too bad and on another day would have won. We were a last minute goal v Russia and the Slovakia keeper's shoulder away from 9 points.

There have been lots of tight games, with a high percentage of goals after 85 mins, and the format of the tournament adds to this with 3 teams qualifying from most groups. Not losing more than likely is enough so teams set up defensively. France needed injury time to score v Albania, Germany couldn't beat Poland. Are they moaning like much of England?

We are still a developing team but there is plenty of talent, confidence and pace. That pace may come to the fore more as teams with more ambition try to take us on. Just enjoy it and see how far it takes us this time. Most of these players will be around for many years and will get better with experience. Very little between the stronger teams, it will depend on how things go on the day.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 02:04 - Jun 21 with 1053 viewstimcocking

I thought England looked about as good as they ever have. Slovakia have recently beaten Spain and Germany, but England completely dominated it. In terms of attempts and corners, it was something like 40 vs 4, can't ask for much more.

[Post edited 21 Jun 2016 3:33]
(No subject) (n/t) on 04:30 - Jun 21 with 1028 viewsMatch82

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 22:00 - Jun 20 by QPRDave

Can we get Portugal?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 06:29 - Jun 21 with 985 viewsLblock

I'm embarrassed - embarrassed we didn't top that group

I'm angry - angry that we play Monday evening instead of Saturday (but I bet I'm not as angry as publicans up and down the country)

Woy looks like he has a team that are tiring quickly rather than growing into the tournament so agree he had to rest players. However I do think that exposes the chronic lack of depth in key areas.
Henderson was quite frankly no different than putting Sterling in centre mid - no end product
Sturridge was his usual self just titting and tarting about
Clyne and Bertie are okay but they're no Walker or Rose - energy but little end product
I think I could probably read what Jack Wheelchair is going to do next - loses the ball far, far, far too often at this level

Last night we needed a wild card to come on and chane the course of the game. An Andros Townsend would've been ideal or at a push the young lad Rashford. Unfortunately, like some other old goat we've had experience of lately, Woy had to make all his changes righting his wrongs in the original selections so ran out of cards to play (like I say, I appreciate fatigue was against Woy but I do think a few were unrequired such as the fullbacks)

So Monday cocking night it is. Where can I say I am on the Tuesday morning?!?!?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 07:05 - Jun 21 with 948 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 00:02 - Jun 21 by Brightonhoop

We're so poor at the back the first probing side will send us home. Woy's P45 is hot off the press.

A clean sheet?
I remember one moment of panic between Smalling and Hart but that was it.
We have just dominated three games and the problem has been not converting chances. The defence might yet prove our undoing but that is harsh on what we have seen so far mate.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 07:11 - Jun 21 with 943 viewsHonkytonks

As some mentioned ,the first good side we come up against will expose us sadly!
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 07:40 - Jun 21 with 902 viewsnix

I thought we lacked width. All our attacks seemed to come down the centre, apart from a couple of crosses from Clyne, which were our best moves. You could tell because the saves the keeper made were mostly in the centre of the goal. This made us predictable and static and therefore easier to defend against At most points you could have thrown a sheet over all our players in the box, hence why they could block so many shots. I've seen much worse England teams, we aren't an embarrassment, but I think Woy needs to think of how to move defences round more with this set of players.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 850 viewsrichranger

Reminded me of a certain playoff match - thank god the Slovaks didn't have a Zamora...
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 08:32 - Jun 21 with 850 viewsBrightonhoop

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 07:05 - Jun 21 by CroydonCaptJack

A clean sheet?
I remember one moment of panic between Smalling and Hart but that was it.
We have just dominated three games and the problem has been not converting chances. The defence might yet prove our undoing but that is harsh on what we have seen so far mate.

Maybe so, just based on scares, near misses, Russias late goal....not labouring the point, but unless we tighten up sharpish at the back the first country to have a proper go at us will get through.
They've got 7 days now until the next game so that should help.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see us playing confidently and sublimely.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 08:46 - Jun 21 with 829 viewsElHoop

We weren't terrible. We were better in the first half and needed an early goal and didn't get one. Clyne, Dier and Henderson had decent enough games I thought. I'm not convinced that we'd have done any better if we'd started with the team which finished against Wales - I thought that Wales gave us the win there whereas Slovakia gave us nothing at all. If we'd haveplayed some third placed team next then they'd probably play the same way as Slovakia and it could have ended up with extra time and penalties. As it stands it would help us to play someone who is a bit more expansive in their outlook. Whoever we end up playing, the tournament is about to start and at least we have a fit squad and some options.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 08:55 - Jun 21 with 819 viewsTheBlob

All this gloating from the Welsh - who beat whom 2-1 pray tell?
Mind you,quite a funny comment.... why won't Henderson be voting in the referendum?Because he can't get a cross in the box.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:18 - Jun 21 with 787 viewssupahoopsa

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 23:06 - Jun 20 by PunteR

As others have said why change a winning side? Rose and Walker have done fine so far, why change it? Clyne played well to be fair and was just behind Dier as my motm but i dont get rotating the squad in a tournament when you've only got to play 6 games if your lucky.
Isn't that what friendly's are for?
We've just got to take our chances but we didnt.
I felt there just wasn't enough movement off the ball in the final third which just allowed Slovakia to get behind the ball. They defended well.

Could not agree more about the lack of movement off the ball - it looked almost as players were hiding. The team seemed to be walking around rather than quick, darting movements to try and lose their man. Admittedly Slovakia packed their defence, but can you imagine Spain not being able to cut them apart by intelligent movement and passing.
Sadly we are still years behind teams like this, 60% possession means nothing if it is just passing sideways all match.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 777 viewsichbinnaughty

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 08:46 - Jun 21 by ElHoop

We weren't terrible. We were better in the first half and needed an early goal and didn't get one. Clyne, Dier and Henderson had decent enough games I thought. I'm not convinced that we'd have done any better if we'd started with the team which finished against Wales - I thought that Wales gave us the win there whereas Slovakia gave us nothing at all. If we'd haveplayed some third placed team next then they'd probably play the same way as Slovakia and it could have ended up with extra time and penalties. As it stands it would help us to play someone who is a bit more expansive in their outlook. Whoever we end up playing, the tournament is about to start and at least we have a fit squad and some options.

Henderson is utter utter toilet.
Nowhere near international standard. Never has been.
He is bang average at best.

Sturridge is a self-centred little tart playing for himself.
Not a team player.

And Jack Wheelchair should never be there as he is so far off the pace (due to missing an entire season) it's untrue.
ONLY England make choices like this. It's absolutely ridiculous. There's no way on earth that Jack Wheelchair should have been selected. When fit, I'm happy to note that he is definitely a contender, but when he's not played all season - to be picked ahead of those players that have grafted all season and are up to speed is farcical.
I seem to recall Woy saying that players would be picked on form and whether they're getting a game at domestic level (which, incidentally, I totally endorse). This would send a strong message to all English players - play well, play regularly, and you stand a chance of playing for your country.
Woy's really fcked it here.
It can't be good for squad unity.

Look at Germany and France and Spain and the players they've left behind.

And before anyone comes back with WHO should have gone in place of Wheelchair as he is a certain type of player, my point is that you pick on merit and go from there.
I sort of hate England.
Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 766 viewsTheBlob

Somebody pointed out that it was like Hamlet without the Prince - namely Carroll,it was all setup for that type of player.Not sure if I agree there but we could have had a more physical presence up front.
Cometh the hour,cometh the man.....could this be Rashford doing a Geoff Hurst or even a Gary Lineker?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:29 - Jun 21 with 760 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think England have been ok, and so do most of my non-English friends. I think you've looked good at the back, controlled centre-mid by and large 9especially when Rooney's played and you're not too high-tempo - a mistake Northern European teams often make in tournaments resulting in them tiring badly.

I do agree with those of you who worry about a lack of width from midfield up, though.

Generally, I've been quietly impressed and with a bit more luck you'd have sailed that group.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:37 - Jun 21 with 749 viewspaulparker

Slovak v Woy's Boys Thread on 09:23 - Jun 21 by ichbinnaughty

Henderson is utter utter toilet.
Nowhere near international standard. Never has been.
He is bang average at best.

Sturridge is a self-centred little tart playing for himself.
Not a team player.

And Jack Wheelchair should never be there as he is so far off the pace (due to missing an entire season) it's untrue.
ONLY England make choices like this. It's absolutely ridiculous. There's no way on earth that Jack Wheelchair should have been selected. When fit, I'm happy to note that he is definitely a contender, but when he's not played all season - to be picked ahead of those players that have grafted all season and are up to speed is farcical.
I seem to recall Woy saying that players would be picked on form and whether they're getting a game at domestic level (which, incidentally, I totally endorse). This would send a strong message to all English players - play well, play regularly, and you stand a chance of playing for your country.
Woy's really fcked it here.
It can't be good for squad unity.

Look at Germany and France and Spain and the players they've left behind.

And before anyone comes back with WHO should have gone in place of Wheelchair as he is a certain type of player, my point is that you pick on merit and go from there.
I sort of hate England.

Agree with all of this

I don't get this they parked the bus excuse either , what do you think Spain, Germany , France & co have to put up with ? they manage to break teams down ,why cant we
we have a good team but the manager doesn't know his best team or formation in 4 years , dropping players was stupid yesterday if we are 2 up then take them off , there was no logic to the subs either it was sunday league stuff , ie put on attacking players to play up top with no tactics and hope for the best
also when did we become so bad at set pieces ? we must of had about 10 corners and not once did we threaten , and when did Henderson or bertand become our set pieces takers, again sunday league tactics
once the other manager put on another fullback to counter clyne woy was fcuked
never should have taken Wiltshire if you cant play more than 5 games for your club you shouldn't be going to a tournament , I said when the squad was announced it was disjointed and last night we were crying out for a townsend
Hodgson is past it and bar one season with Fulham he has pretty much been medicore
WBA is a perfect fit for him so send him back there and get in Eddie Howe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024