Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. 14:47 - Dec 27 with 6357 viewsBostonR

No organisation at the back - all over the place. Luongo a waste of space in midfield and as been since he arrived - constantly giving the ball away and conceding a nonense penalty. No teeth up front and a new management team that are out of their depth. Holloway should have stayed at Sky.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 14:50 - Dec 27 with 4338 views2Thomas2Bowles

You still gutted we are not bottom 3 then..

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 14:57 - Dec 27 with 4274 viewsBostonR

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 14:50 - Dec 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You still gutted we are not bottom 3 then..

Won't be long now. I bet you can't wait to get your bucket out when we drop into league 1. So tell me what positives to see in that 3-0 pasting if you can string a decent sentence together?
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 15:58 - Dec 27 with 4043 viewsswitchingcode

Can't believe how poor Bidwell is playing,could always rely on him to put in a 7 or 8 every game.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:37 - Dec 27 with 3899 viewsBillericayR

If Ollie really loves the club surely he will resign and give someone a chance to keep us up.
If Ollie stays we are down - same team as JFH who had us a mid-table bores.
Seems as though there is no organisation and teams are cutting through us at will.
We cannot even score a goal- it is now embarrassing, especially as I work with a brighton season ticket holder.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:38 - Dec 27 with 3882 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:37 - Dec 27 by BillericayR

If Ollie really loves the club surely he will resign and give someone a chance to keep us up.
If Ollie stays we are down - same team as JFH who had us a mid-table bores.
Seems as though there is no organisation and teams are cutting through us at will.
We cannot even score a goal- it is now embarrassing, especially as I work with a brighton season ticket holder.

We lost 4-0 last season under JFH.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:44 - Dec 27 with 3841 viewsJigsore

we're just worse. Usually the first thing a new manager will do is work on the defence and keep it tight, but I wonder if that's in Holloway's mind since JFH was sacked for being too careful since he really isn't. Now we're trying to do so many things at once we can't do anything properly - and with the same players JFH was making us look like fairly comfortable mid-table plodders. I understand there's been lots of injuries and Chery was out today but these weird and wonderful formations don't help either.

I mean we laughed at Brum for sacking Rowett and bringing in Zola but is this actually that different...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:48 - Dec 27 with 3821 viewsBillericayR

If that is the yardstick then we had more points after 23 games last year. We did not lose six on the trot with only one goal to show for it..
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:54 - Dec 27 with 3776 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:48 - Dec 27 by BillericayR

If that is the yardstick then we had more points after 23 games last year. We did not lose six on the trot with only one goal to show for it..

I didn't see last season's 4-0,but I did see us play quite well for 30 mins today,and we were unlucky to lose 3-0.We played a lot better today than we have done recently,but we didn't have any penetration today.We need to get polter fit asap or get someone else in in January.
We seem to be still in games until the 2nd goal goes in.
Login to get fewer ads

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:55 - Dec 27 with 3771 viewsFloridaR

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:44 - Dec 27 by Jigsore

we're just worse. Usually the first thing a new manager will do is work on the defence and keep it tight, but I wonder if that's in Holloway's mind since JFH was sacked for being too careful since he really isn't. Now we're trying to do so many things at once we can't do anything properly - and with the same players JFH was making us look like fairly comfortable mid-table plodders. I understand there's been lots of injuries and Chery was out today but these weird and wonderful formations don't help either.

I mean we laughed at Brum for sacking Rowett and bringing in Zola but is this actually that different...

Looks like we played a 4-5-1 flat, which is fine on full size pitch but made no sense us swarming 8 players 20 yards around a throw in in their half.
The method didn't suit the overall system of play.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:05 - Dec 27 with 3708 viewsDejR_vu

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 16:54 - Dec 27 by stowmarketrange

I didn't see last season's 4-0,but I did see us play quite well for 30 mins today,and we were unlucky to lose 3-0.We played a lot better today than we have done recently,but we didn't have any penetration today.We need to get polter fit asap or get someone else in in January.
We seem to be still in games until the 2nd goal goes in.

Not having a pop SMR but 'I did see us play quite well for 30 minutes today'. Blimey, we really are clutching at straws here.

Last six games: won 0, drawn 0, lost 6, goals for 1, goals against 11.
Last four games all lost to nil.

I reckon I could get them playing well for the odd half an hour here and there.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:08 - Dec 27 with 3693 viewsDejR_vu

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 15:58 - Dec 27 by switchingcode

Can't believe how poor Bidwell is playing,could always rely on him to put in a 7 or 8 every game.

That's what happens to good players when they sign for QPR. Poor management and coaching will do for any player.

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:13 - Dec 27 with 3644 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:05 - Dec 27 by DejR_vu

Not having a pop SMR but 'I did see us play quite well for 30 minutes today'. Blimey, we really are clutching at straws here.

Last six games: won 0, drawn 0, lost 6, goals for 1, goals against 11.
Last four games all lost to nil.

I reckon I could get them playing well for the odd half an hour here and there.

I went to Rotherham and I didn't see us play well for 5 minutes let alone 30,so straws definitely clutched.And they were bottom of the league and hadn't won in 3 months.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:16 - Dec 27 with 3623 viewstimcocking

I thought we were as good as Brighton in the first half.

The crucial first goal, Smithies would have stopped had he used his other hand.

Oh well.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:17 - Dec 27 with 3611 viewsNorthernr

We're undoubtedly worse than we were under Hasselbaink, or "One Dimensional Hasselbaink" as we so fcking brilliantly dubbed him.

Perhaps we were negative, tight, dull because he knew the limitations of what we had. Several players who were doing ok or well under him - Sylla, Shodipo, Borysiuk, Wzsolek - now aren't doing well, or aren't playing at all.

Holloway I just think, perhaps kindly, is trying to run before he can walk. It's all fancy formations, talk about splitting across the pitch, getting two tens in the team etc. Get the defence sorted first, make sure you're not conceding. Get the shape of the team in place. Make sure you can get in the arm wrestle first and foremost, then add the trinkets on later. We're all trinkets and no tree at the moment.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:23 - Dec 27 with 3571 viewsFloridaR

We are in trouble and its coming from mixed tactics in the game. playing a 4-5-1 flat with high full backs ?
1st half presumably to use whole width of pitch ?
Switching - only thing I see is vertical ball from right back position, didn't see any switch of play as no players available.
On a corner we have 6 in the box & 1 hand or 2 hands means short corner !!
5 in box for freekick, with a shot on goal !
On Brightons throw-in we swarm and have 8 players within 20 yards of the ball deep in their half to try get back possession.
Our throw in We have 4-5 men around the ball, when our man receives the ball he doesn't know what to do on second pass.

1st Goal was all Ollies as he told players to spread wide, waiving his arms in windmill fashion telling them to go into space and move ?? It caused us to lose shape and Brighton player won possession - made one pass into hole for their striker to shoot from distance.

We over-mark on corners !

Sylla is mr runfast & wave his arms around constantly or opens the door with gesture to show were he wants the ball - he's no natural fwd with instinct & constantly has 2 defenders between him and the ball, he's just a athlete and plenty of them around in the game.

Didn't watch second half...had my own team to train this am.

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 17:28]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:29 - Dec 27 with 3527 viewsqprewan

It's starting to look pretty desperate...I look at our squad and see no warriors at all apart from maybe Polter and Mackie...no one who is going to battle their heart out for the club..add to this the complete lack of goals in the team and a leaky defence and League 1 looks like a definite possibility. Given the lack of character there it's hard to see any quick fix either...guess we may just have to hope that there are 3 worse teams than us.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:40 - Dec 27 with 3474 viewsBoston

We were the better team for thirty minutes after they went ahead, if we had a goal scorer there were two occasions where we had a great chance to equalize. Second half, oh well. Problem seems to be execution, two or three of them, that'd shake the rest of ''em up. I'm afraid Luongo, who I like, was pushed around in the second, Cilla virtually a waste of space though nearly scored with ten mins to go. Mackie, decent sub, did his usual chasing and looked fairly good, or maybe more up for it than most. Ned shouldn't have gone, rotten decision, as were a couple of other calls by the man in black. Who else now...Bidwell, surprisingly nervy I thought, that Pawel ran around a bit for a while, Perch got a few tackles in and Holloway gave us a wave when we asked him too, t'riffic.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:44 - Dec 27 with 3453 viewsBoston

We were the better team for thirty minutes after they went ahead, if we had a goal scorer there were two occasions where we had a great chance to equalize. Second half, oh well. Problem seems to be execution, two or three of them, that'd shake the rest of ''em up. I'm afraid Luongo, who I like, was pushed around in the second, Cilla virtually a waste of space though nearly scored with ten mins to go. Mackie, decent sub, did his usual chasing and looked fairly good, or maybe more up for it than most. Ned shouldn't have gone, rotten decision, as were a couple of other calls by the man in black. Who else now...Bidwell, surprisingly nervy I thought, that Pawel ran around a bit for a while, Perch got a few tackles in and Holloway gave us a wave when we asked him too, t'riffic.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:45 - Dec 27 with 3441 viewsstowmarketrange

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:44 - Dec 27 by Boston

We heard you the first time.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:47 - Dec 27 with 3437 viewsDejR_vu

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:44 - Dec 27 by Boston

There seems to be a pattern emerging where we play reasonably well for half an hour in the first half, but get worse after half-time and then generally again when the subs are made.

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 18:03 - Dec 27 with 3352 viewsBurnleyhoop

By no means a shambles. We were the better team for 30 mins after their goal, which was well taken. The Luongo challenge for the pen was stupid, but the guy dived before any contact was made. Sending off typical of decisions currently going against us.
Thought Cousins was poor and Woczlek failed to get decent crosses in despite getting into good positions. Confidence is well shot and as such, will need some reinforcements to stiffen the team up. We are in real danger of the drop unless we do.
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 18:04 - Dec 27 with 3340 viewsWestbourneR

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 17:17 - Dec 27 by Northernr

We're undoubtedly worse than we were under Hasselbaink, or "One Dimensional Hasselbaink" as we so fcking brilliantly dubbed him.

Perhaps we were negative, tight, dull because he knew the limitations of what we had. Several players who were doing ok or well under him - Sylla, Shodipo, Borysiuk, Wzsolek - now aren't doing well, or aren't playing at all.

Holloway I just think, perhaps kindly, is trying to run before he can walk. It's all fancy formations, talk about splitting across the pitch, getting two tens in the team etc. Get the defence sorted first, make sure you're not conceding. Get the shape of the team in place. Make sure you can get in the arm wrestle first and foremost, then add the trinkets on later. We're all trinkets and no tree at the moment.

This.

My number one concern is that although we weren't fluid under JFH a number of players were steadily progressing not least Luongo, Sylla and Shodipo. And the two Poles.

Non of that now, the opposite.

If we were going to sack JFH we should have had a damn sight better plan than bring back busted flush Holloway and his brainless back room cronies. Surely, seeing as we were far from in crisis under jimmy, he should only have gone if we had a outstanding candidate in mind?

For me - no question - Ollie will and has to be sacked pretty soon. You can't lose six on the bounce and keep your job. JFH was sacked for far far less.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 19:16 - Dec 27 with 3186 viewsplasmahoop

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 15:58 - Dec 27 by switchingcode

Bidwell had no cover. Not his fault if he's left exposed, with ngabomoto and no one else covering
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 19:32 - Dec 27 with 3107 viewsrosseeles

The site of bircham stood with his hands in his pockets looking bored out of his mind while Ollie was running about shouting move move move summed it all up for me.

Also rowett in the sky studio managed to pronounce most of our squads names which Ollie "hilariously " couldn't do in his pre match interview, could even string a legible sentence together. Why didn't we wait 2 weeks!

Why would anyone trust Ollie with any money in Jan
Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 3055 viewsbaz_qpr

Absolute Shambles All Over The Pitch. on 19:16 - Dec 27 by plasmahoop

Bidwell had no cover. Not his fault if he's left exposed, with ngabomoto and no one else covering

Under JFH a lot was placed on defensive positioning when without the ball, Under Ollie shackles have been taken off and now we are all over the place defensively.

We now have a centre midfield that neither protects the defence nor runs beyond the forwards nor is able to dictate play. Cousins looks a good athlete Luongo is a 5 side player who flatters to deceive, Borysiuk is a decent enough 4 without a run of matches.

Upfront Sylla (who has played most of his career wide) needs a run and in defence Bidwell and Perch as average a players as you will see. Onohua is gibbering wreck for the last few months and today we had Hall that is ok.

I said a fair few weeks ago we were in deep trouble and so it seems to be, I also said in the run up to the JFH sacking that our problem was more squad related than manager related.

I think the ethos of only buying under 25 players from lower down the leagues was and is totally flawed, I think following the crazy reigns of Rednapp and Hughes we've gone so far the opposite way we will need a miracle to get out of this. It was all very well meaning but the reality is when people look back for the last 20 or thirty years we always had a big name top dollar star player in our team.

We've hired at DOF and Manager on sentiment and we are following a course on sentiment. All very well meaning but we could find ourselves back in league one and back in administration in the next 6 months.

No time for sentiment now. I don't think Ollie is in a recoverable position, I think he has lost the dressing weeks ago. I think we have to break FFP again to ensure our survival as a club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024