Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? 04:26 - Nov 10 with 5901 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You might not agree with an MP, but you might still respect them for an array of reasons that come down to trust, confidence and credibility.

The ability to call a spade a spade and a four pronged digging instrument a fork. Someone you think: they won’t just vote as they are told, but for what they feel is right and, what their constituents would want. Someone that is inherently honest and not in it for themselves, who merely trots our the same tired rhetoric. And maybe, someone you’d have a beer with!!

That’s probably ruled out 80-90% off the bat.

Not f.....g easy is it!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 05:30 - Nov 10 with 4194 viewsMistication92

I've always respected Ken Clarke, even though I'd never vote Tory. Anna Soubry seems good as well.

I can rule Peter Bone out though, man's a complete cnt.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 06:37 - Nov 10 with 4179 viewsWatford_Ranger

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 05:30 - Nov 10 by Mistication92

I've always respected Ken Clarke, even though I'd never vote Tory. Anna Soubry seems good as well.

I can rule Peter Bone out though, man's a complete cnt.

I was going to say Clarke. The only one who immediately comes to mind. Andy Burnham seemed a good bloke too.

There are probably hundreds who do great things for their constituents. They're the ones who probably aren't up for the back stabbing and 'politics' required to make it into the Cabinet.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 07:43 - Nov 10 with 4132 viewsPhildo

He has retired now but Chris Mullin was a decent one. Another vote for Clarke as well.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 07:57 - Nov 10 with 4119 viewsizlingtonhoop

I live in Emilyland, but I work, and lived for five years, in Islington North; whatever else anyone says about Jezza, he is a hard working and caring constituency MP, and genuinely a man of his people.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:16 - Nov 10 with 4099 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Frank Field has always come over as trying to do what he genuinely feels is the right thing to do
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:22 - Nov 10 with 4092 viewsShotKneesHoop

I think you've named the lot now.

We've got two of the worst up here, Sir Henry Bell-End, and Liz Trusseduplikeachristmasturkey.

Completely useless self serving can't be arsed politicians on the ground. Responsible for and proud of the worst road and rail infrastructure in the UK.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:36 - Nov 10 with 4079 viewscolinallcars

Don't forget Andy Slaughter, MP for the borough in which our beloved Rangers play. A good, hard working MP who has worked hard to stop the closure of Charing Cross Hospital.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:37 - Nov 10 with 4077 viewsFDC

Saint Caroline of Lucas is one of the better ones imo.
Login to get fewer ads

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 4012 viewsrunningman75

Tulip Saddiq- Hampstead and Kilburn sounds good when she has been interviewed on LBC. Her constituent is the women in jail in Iran for " spying ".
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 10:20 - Nov 10 with 3956 viewsGloucs_R

Not sure about the MP's but if you look at the leaders...the only one I have respect for is Sturgen. I dont agree with a lot of what she says but give her credit for being a natural leader

Poll: Are we staying up?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 10:49 - Nov 10 with 3931 viewsJeff

Tom Brake down here in Wallington & Carshalton is my MP, he's the only Liberal Democrat MP in London, and appears to be a thoroughly stand up guy - his voting record seems on the face of it to be similar to the liberal lefty ideals that i'm sure i'll be pigeon-holed into...

Can we not knock it?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 11:16 - Nov 10 with 3899 viewsTHEBUSH

Dennis Skinner and Caroline Lucas
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 11:27 - Nov 10 with 3877 viewsBrightonhoop

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:36 - Nov 10 by colinallcars

Don't forget Andy Slaughter, MP for the borough in which our beloved Rangers play. A good, hard working MP who has worked hard to stop the closure of Charing Cross Hospital.

Cant stand Slaughter. In '97 in the Uxbridge bi Election due to the death of Shersby, the sitting Tory MP for a generation, the local Labour Party were in touching distance of the seat that had been worked for 30 years. Blair came in, jettisoned the Local man and installed Slaughter who promptly lost it. He then went on to lose Hammersmith as well. The accompanying headlines read 'Slaughter Slaughtered' and the accompanying photos of his face like a smacked arse were picture perfect. :-D Sitting MP for Uxbridge 20 years on is none other than B Johnson....ffs.

On the good MP front, Alan Johnstone, one of our own, Ladbroke Grove boy made good, Dennis Skinner and Ken Clarke. And that's it. Meaning 99% of them are choclotae teapots in it for the gravy train.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 11:30]
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 11:43 - Nov 10 with 3825 viewsRs_Holy

Tony Benn! Not a fan of his policies but he was a man of principle, wouldnt get swayed by public opinion and always spoke his mind.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 12:16 - Nov 10 with 3778 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 10:20 - Nov 10 by Gloucs_R

Not sure about the MP's but if you look at the leaders...the only one I have respect for is Sturgen. I dont agree with a lot of what she says but give her credit for being a natural leader

To those in England and the Central Belt of Scotland she may come over well in that respect, however the SNP have gutted health care and education in the rural (major part) of Scotland.

Still, small population means not many votes so who gives a fnck? not Nicola.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 13:17 - Nov 10 with 3696 viewsTonto

Depends how you define "good"...

Is it someone who stands up for local issues?
is it just going to be based on your own political prejudices?
Is it their voting record?
Are they a Minister or not?

I expect the vast majority of people on hear have neither met not communicated with their MP.

I work for one of the London Boroughs (not saying which one) - so we get a lot of correspondence that is sent to the MP passed on for our comment - you would be amazed at the amount of rubbish/idiotic questions they get sent, and that's before those where the MP is being asked to reverse a decision the Council may have made.

There is a lot of misunderstanding of what an MP does!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 13:17 - Nov 10 with 3695 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ken Clark is a cnt ENd off

Gloria De Piero seems decent enough, bit of a sort too. thats by the bye.

Most MP's by the nature of the job are going to be bascially arseholes.
Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 14:26 - Nov 10 with 3634 viewsR_from_afar

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 08:16 - Nov 10 by WrightUp5hit___

Frank Field has always come over as trying to do what he genuinely feels is the right thing to do

I totally agree. He is a founder of this, for starters (and it benefits the whole planet): https://www.coolearth.org/what-we-do/the-team/

I must visit my 7 hectares of rain forest sometime.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 14:30 - Nov 10 with 3624 viewsR_from_afar

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 11:43 - Nov 10 by Rs_Holy

Tony Benn! Not a fan of his policies but he was a man of principle, wouldnt get swayed by public opinion and always spoke his mind.

Principles!

What a quaint, old-fashioned notion that is. For most MPs, principles went out of the window eons ago. Most of them seem to forget they are supposed to serve the public.

RFA (climbing down from soapbox)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 14:30 - Nov 10 with 3623 viewsHantsR

Dunno about their politics or how good they are, but these look like they could be fun?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 15:28 - Nov 10 with 3564 viewsderbyhoop

Not many.
Clarke is a good choice, but he no longer cares who he upsets. If the election had been scheduled for 2020, he probably wouldn't have stood.
Skinner calls a spade a bloody shovel and isn't beholden to party whips.

Margaret Becket managed to sort out a row with HMRC when I was her constituent. The boundary was re-aligned so now I have one of Corbyn's closes acolytes as MP.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 15:55 - Nov 10 with 3536 viewsDorse

This is my local MP: he is called Simon Hoare.

And this is his latest election sign:

I think you know where I'm going with this. And, before you ask, I have a cast-iron alibi for my whereabouts for when his sign was defaced.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 18:03 - Nov 10 with 3447 viewsSharpy36

Jacob Rees-Mogg

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 18:33 - Nov 10 with 3419 viewsE17hoop

My MP is Stella Creasy and she's a very decent constituency MP who works hard for the community.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 20:54 - Nov 10 with 3342 viewscolinallcars

Out of 650 MPs - who is actually any good? on 18:03 - Nov 10 by Sharpy36

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Take care. As George Orwell said " the face that comes to destroy you will be wearing a smile ".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024