Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 17:34 - Jan 19 with 3616 viewswelwynranger

Unacceptable
Today on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 3529 viewsNov77

A bit verbose, but essentially correct.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Today on 17:56 - Jan 19 with 3437 viewsessextaxiboy

Normally I like to find something positive to hang on to but that was awful from the Manager through all of the players on the pitch.Not one was worth more than 3 or 4 out of ten .
We gave them a start with that poxy playing out from the back sht . 60% in every tackle and pass . Lets hope its a blip . Forget it and carry on I spose .....
Today on 17:57 - Jan 19 with 3429 viewsactonman

Agree , that was p !ss poor today ! If we played like that away from home , I would be p!ssed off but get over it . Very worrying to put in a half arsed performance like that at home when we look to be heading in the right direction lately
Today on 18:05 - Jan 19 with 3363 viewsjohncharles

Its bloody annoying when are heading for the playoffs and then roll over. Ho hum, onward and sideways
Chelshite are losing 😃

Strong and stable my arse.

Today on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 3299 viewsWestonsuperR

I want to avoid an over reaction or negativity towards SM after a defeat but we are no better in terms of league position 13th and goal diff -5 than I think we should be. I’d have expected a slight improvement on last year considering the players we have been allowed to bring in and that’s pretty much what we have got. SM has actually performed better than I thought but no more than ‘par for the course’ if you consider the season overall.
Today on 18:14 - Jan 19 with 3277 viewsted_hendrix

Up until today we've lost five games on the trot to PNE so I'm absolutely stunned and shocked that we lost today to make it a full and fat six defeats on the trot.

Results like today happen in football and that's not an excuse for a dreadful performance, I'd like our Manager to inform us fans that he along with his training staff and the whole fcking playing squad will be back in training tomorrow morning first thing Sunday 20th January.

No team on earth should lose 4-1 at home (it was nearly 5-1 too)

Move on and bite the bullet, that bloody well hurt.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Today on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 3221 viewsessextaxiboy

Today on 18:14 - Jan 19 by ted_hendrix

Up until today we've lost five games on the trot to PNE so I'm absolutely stunned and shocked that we lost today to make it a full and fat six defeats on the trot.

Results like today happen in football and that's not an excuse for a dreadful performance, I'd like our Manager to inform us fans that he along with his training staff and the whole fcking playing squad will be back in training tomorrow morning first thing Sunday 20th January.

It hurt more because they are the high priests of shthousery ...
Today on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 2823 viewsted_hendrix

Today on 18:14 - Jan 19 by ted_hendrix

QPR manager Steve McClaren:
"You always get bad days at the office and that was a bad day at the office.
"That wasn't like us. It's the first time in a long while I've been disappointed with the performance.
"It's happened before and will probably happen again but the best thing you can do is come in on Monday morning and get the work done on the training field.
"I can't fault the players' attitude. We're making no excuses about today. Everyone has to be 100 per cent and we weren't."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Today on 22:10 - Jan 19 with 2618 viewsGloryHunter

I'll tell you what was unacceptable - the negative attitude of the crowd. In the Upper Loft there were people on Cousins' back right from the off. And the usual "lazy Eze" stuff. No singing, no encouragement for the team. Every misplaced pass greeted with big moans and groans. When he went off at half-time Lumley was asking the crowd for support - so he must have been getting it from the Lower Loft as well. Cheering when Cousins was subbed was totally out of order IMO. If we don't support our players then we'll get everything we deserve. It was like a Man U crowd, with a sense of entitlement but no sense of the fans' effect on the team - totally unacceptable.
Today on 22:55 - Jan 19 with 2485 viewsbosh67

Today on 22:10 - Jan 19 by GloryHunter

I'll tell you what was unacceptable - the negative attitude of the crowd. In the Upper Loft there were people on Cousins' back right from the off. And the usual "lazy Eze" stuff. No singing, no encouragement for the team. Every misplaced pass greeted with big moans and groans. When he went off at half-time Lumley was asking the crowd for support - so he must have been getting it from the Lower Loft as well. Cheering when Cousins was subbed was totally out of order IMO. If we don't support our players then we'll get everything we deserve. It was like a Man U crowd, with a sense of entitlement but no sense of the fans' effect on the team - totally unacceptable.

Good post and totally right. There may be players we don't think are that great but when they cross that white line then they deserve our encouragement. In our ground you can hear every word of criticism. The players are human.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today on 23:06 - Jan 19 with 2435 viewsParkRoyalR

Totally agree, yet the same fans never notice players hiding or playing the percentages. Cousins put in an honest shift today and always showed for the ball. Others rarely showed for the ball or gave an option and not a mention or word of criticism on the forums.
Today on 23:12 - Jan 19 with 2412 viewsTacticalR

Is Preston at home the new Nottingham Forest away?

Air hostess clique

Today on 01:25 - Jan 20 with 2269 viewskillinaskully09

Today on 23:12 - Jan 19 by TacticalR

Is Preston at home the new Nottingham Forest away?

Preston are the new Nottingham Forest both home and away. Shocking performance today against a very average team.
Today on 02:39 - Jan 20 with 2203 viewstimcocking

Really terrible.

I'm perplexed and effing p!ssed off at how often we've started really, really badly this season. For Joe Lumley to pass that to Scowen in that situation, when it had already almost resulted in a goal the previous five times in the first five minutes...so stupid. His IQ must be lower i than imagined. He was lucky not to be hauled off for that.

It seems we're badly missing Mass. I've seen nothing yet to convince me that Scowen and Cousins are good enough together. I just don't think either of them is comfortable enough on the ball and we've been sussed out now. Press us and we're screwed, our ball retention is embarrassing. I'm still not sure Tony Leistner is any good either. Always looks like he has a mistake in him to me, as does Joel Lynch. I've never been a huge fan of centre halves who can head the ball but are slow and clumsy.

Really disappointing to see us seemingly deliberately give a one goal lead early on yet again.

Fcuking hate Preston. Now there's a team that always cheats.
Today on 03:06 - Jan 20 with 2190 viewsmylot50years

Today on 23:06 - Jan 19 by ParkRoyalR

Totally agree, yet the same fans never notice players hiding or playing the percentages. Cousins put in an honest shift today and always showed for the ball. Others rarely showed for the ball or gave an option and not a mention or word of criticism on the forums.

DELUDED!!
Today on 03:59 - Jan 20 with 2166 viewsHitch

shit happens and it will again.
Today on 09:05 - Jan 20 with 1929 viewsParkRoyalR

Today on 02:39 - Jan 20 by timcocking

Really terrible.

I'm perplexed and effing p!ssed off at how often we've started really, really badly this season. For Joe Lumley to pass that to Scowen in that situation, when it had already almost resulted in a goal the previous five times in the first five minutes...so stupid. His IQ must be lower i than imagined. He was lucky not to be hauled off for that.

It seems we're badly missing Mass. I've seen nothing yet to convince me that Scowen and Cousins are good enough together. I just don't think either of them is comfortable enough on the ball and we've been sussed out now. Press us and we're screwed, our ball retention is embarrassing. I'm still not sure Tony Leistner is any good either. Always looks like he has a mistake in him to me, as does Joel Lynch. I've never been a huge fan of centre halves who can head the ball but are slow and clumsy.

Really disappointing to see us seemingly deliberately give a one goal lead early on yet again.

Fcuking hate Preston. Now there's a team that always cheats.

Leistner was all over the place yesterday but as the fans have taken to him and he has a ready made song he does not get hammered. Was very poor at Villa, the same at Sheffield United where his lack of pace off a standing start is becoming a real weak point. I really like his connection with the fans etc but still not sure he can play at this level. Thought Lynch was probably our only player who could hold his head high coming off the pitch yesterday, ok one mis-placed pass, but I wouldn't hammer him for this as he is our main outlet when trying to play out from the back.
Today on 09:51 - Jan 20 with 1829 viewsLblock

So it was the supporters fault.

Thanks for clearing that one up.

They must be ABSOLUTELY shocking in training during the week when there's nobody cheering them on.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Today on 10:49 - Jan 20 with 1696 viewsstevec

Wonder if we’re suffering second half of season syndrome, teams have sussed how we play and there’s not a lot of options for McClaren to implement a plan B.
Today on 10:52 - Jan 20 with 1684 viewsfrancisbowles

Preston were extremely well briefed, had a game plan which showed up our weaknesses and was well executed.

They were in our face from the start, six players in our half most of the time and we couldn't find a successful way of getting the ball to our forwards.

They are a very big and tough unit and must have a high level of fitness as well, as they gave us no time on the ball anywhere on the park.

Much as the first goal was a disaster, Lumley shouldn't be passing to a player who is marked and facing goal whilst Scowen's control was poor and he turned into the opponent, I can understand why they play out from the back as the alternatives are high kicks down the middle, which when you've no big physical presence come straight back or kicks wide to the half way line. These are usually the safest and best option but are difficult for the keeper to get right and Preston had the players to out jump even Furlong, who is normally so good in the air.

Cousins, I agree with comments above, tried hard but couldn't get into the game but supporters on his back from the start. Right decision to sub him though, I would rather have seen Manning in his place than going route one.

Furlong kept having to come inside on his left foot and as a result kept giving the ball away.

Leistner exposed for pace and keeps getting caught by opponents coming around the back of him to head or shoot at goal.

Wells feeding off scraps but he doesn't seem to be playing the one up top role with the same movement and enthusiasm as he was.

Eze, stroked a few nice balls and was probably our most creative player but moving him into a central midfield position in a four nullified any effect he might have on the game.

Lynch, as was said above, one very poor pass as well as a stupid challenge that got him a correct booking even though he was nowhere the opponent but otherwise probably our best player.

Smith, 45 mins where he scored and had, I think one header that he managed to direct to one of our players. As usual got nothing from the ref but the reality seems to be, like Crouch at international level, it doesn't work and refs think he is the main offender.
It brought back memories of Millwall away last season.
Today on 11:40 - Jan 20 with 1573 viewsoldmisery

Today on 09:51 - Jan 20 by Lblock

So it was the supporters fault.

Thanks for clearing that one up.

They must be ABSOLUTELY shocking in training during the week when there's nobody cheering them on.

No, the players are brilliant in training every day. This is because of the fantastic support and vociferous appreciation of their efforts generated by the hundreds of Leeds United spies who watch them on a daily basis. In fact they looked so good in training at the beginning of the month that Bielsa decided Leeds couldn't beat us and that is why they fielded a reserve side against us in the cup tie.
Today on 11:59 - Jan 20 with 1534 viewsTacticalR

@francisbowles 'Preston were extremely well briefed, had a game plan which showed up our weaknesses and was well executed.'

They must have had spies at our training ground.

Air hostess clique

Today on 12:12 - Jan 20 with 1512 viewsthemodfather

saw the goals on tv and we were statues for most of their goals...even when a mishit shot hit the bar no one reacts until its followed up into our net!
Today on 12:13 - Jan 20 with 1504 viewsdaveB

Today on 10:49 - Jan 20 by stevec

Wonder if we’re suffering second half of season syndrome, teams have sussed how we play and there’s not a lot of options for McClaren to implement a plan B.

Thats possible but think it has a lot more to do with the first choice midfield not playing at the moment
Today on 12:20 - Jan 20 with 1485 viewsCamberleyR

Today on 09:05 - Jan 20 by ParkRoyalR

Leistner was all over the place yesterday but as the fans have taken to him and he has a ready made song he does not get hammered. Was very poor at Villa, the same at Sheffield United where his lack of pace off a standing start is becoming a real weak point. I really like his connection with the fans etc but still not sure he can play at this level. Thought Lynch was probably our only player who could hold his head high coming off the pitch yesterday, ok one mis-placed pass, but I wouldn't hammer him for this as he is our main outlet when trying to play out from the back.

Of course Leistner can play at this level, he's been very consistent. He was not 'really poor' at Villa, he just happened to be up against the best striker in the division that day, someone far too good for the Championship. Much better centre backs than Leistner would have struggled against Abraham that day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024