Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG 14:37 - Apr 7 with 6889 viewsHayesender

"At the moment, has nothing to do with professional football. Sorry"

That's a quote from Toni Leistner on Instagram (I think) to someone who dug him out about yesterdays game.

What can he mean by nothing to do with football I wonder 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

BFG on 14:38 - Apr 7 with 6096 viewssmegma

Ask him ??
BFG on 16:01 - Apr 7 with 5835 viewstimcocking

What i do know is, how incredibly unhelpful social media must be for a player struggling with form and confidence who already realises they aren't very good to begin with.

Whereas in the past, players had to contend with their own demons, nowadays they have thousands of people (half of who are most likely vindictive Brentford fans in disguise) calling them useless cants all day long. Just what you need when times are hard. Then we wonder why they don't want the ball and keep making mistakes. Then we blame the manager or Les.

No wonder so many are starting to suffer from depression.

No wonder so many of us are, too.
BFG on 18:32 - Apr 7 with 5557 viewsrsonist

Source please.
BFG on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 5530 viewsLunarJetman

He’s German posting in his second language. He most likely is trying to say that the performances are not good enough for professional players.
BFG on 18:46 - Apr 7 with 5470 viewsCamberleyR

BFG on 16:01 - Apr 7 by timcocking

What i do know is, how incredibly unhelpful social media must be for a player struggling with form and confidence who already realises they aren't very good to begin with.

Whereas in the past, players had to contend with their own demons, nowadays they have thousands of people (half of who are most likely vindictive Brentford fans in disguise) calling them useless cants all day long. Just what you need when times are hard. Then we wonder why they don't want the ball and keep making mistakes. Then we blame the manager or Les.

"nowadays they have thousands of people (half of who are most likely vindictive Brentford fans in disguise) calling them useless cants all day long."

You've been digging out Leistner ever since he's signed for us, mainly because he replaced your darling Jack Robinson. Your lack of self awareness is staggering.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

BFG on 18:51 - Apr 7 with 5444 viewsBucksRanger

Toni is a terrific person and he is hurting. Was I the only person who saw him at the end of the Bolton game? The pain of losing was etched on his face and yet he did a very decent thing and went round the Loft and the East Paddock shaking the hands of every child he could reach. My grandson was one of the many. I'm sure it would have been a lot less painful to have just gone down the tunnel like the other players but he's not made like that. He cares and this whole debacle is hurting him badly.
BFG on 02:57 - Apr 8 with 5047 viewstimcocking

BFG on 18:46 - Apr 7 by CamberleyR

"nowadays they have thousands of people (half of who are most likely vindictive Brentford fans in disguise) calling them useless cants all day long."

You've been digging out Leistner ever since he's signed for us, mainly because he replaced your darling Jack Robinson. Your lack of self awareness is staggering.

Oh, the bittersweet irony of it. De ja vu.

You're a fcuking liar, or heavily confused. Fcuking offensive that is. Christ that's annoying. What a bloody injustice. You're lack of self-awareness here is remarkable, you bloody hypocrite.

In probably over a decade using this site i haven't abused a single one of our players i shouldn't think, apart from somebody like Redknapp or Bosingwa. My awareness is such that i'm comfortably able to understand that confidence and happiness are more important to a player than ability, so however awful our players, they have my unwavering support 100% of the time as long as they are giving 100% and surely nobody would fault Toni Leistner for effort? Always, always i support our players when i see them getting abuse. This is what i try to teach people always and now i have to listen to you accusing me of quite the opposite? I'd love to know how many posters on here have been more consistently supportive than me, very few i'd bet. Every single thread we've ever had slagging off a player that i've seen there will be a post from me defending them along the line, even if i think they're poor, assuming the player is doing their best. I am literally the poster who always defends every single one of our players and managers, within reason. I used to defend Joey Fcuking Barton sometimes for goodness sake. Players like Bidwell, Cousins, i'm the one always on their side. Give me bloody strength.

You are referring to a couple of threads specifically about our defence where people have been slating our managers for picking Lynch and i was defending the manager, as i also always try to do, by suggesting he's better positioned to know who's the best of our defenders than we are, maybe he doesn't rate Toni. That's about the worst i've said.

I've certainly feared that handing the captaincy to an untested foreign player, who has never been in our country let alone played in the championship, or any first division or gone near Loftus Road before, after replacing imo our best players, was an awful mistake. It bloody well was, that's just stating the obvious. It's possibly the main reason we're in this position imo. Do i think Roobo and Chief are better players? Yes. Do i think we cost ourselves money by releasing them? Damn right i do. This is a football forum. Am i not entitled to express my opinion on here? Well what's the point of this forum then? I think we'd have stayed up if we'd kept Chief and Robbo and avoided the need for loan signings. Now, if Toni reads this, my apologies, that would be a little unfortunate, but what am i to do? He's effectively reading my conversation with you. Surely to Christ you can see that's not in the same ballpark as trolling our own players on social media?! Toni has had nothing but support from me he'll continue to get it whatever division we're in. If we're relegated i'll still be fully supportive of him and all of our players who are giving 100%.

That's how this site goes, sadly. Say a supportive, innocuous comment or a flippant jest and get disrespectful abuse from a fellow Rangers fan who doesn't know you and is twisting what you've said and putting words in your mouth or flat out fc uking lying. Or misreading and misunderstanding, but lacking the self-awareness to realise they haven't even read the fc uking posts properly. Quite often when i've given offence, it's literally been a joke i thought, but when things are typed instead of spoken, it's easy to misinterpret. I think people have a puzzling subconcious urge to accuse others of things because it portrays them as if their own sh!t doesn't stink.

If you have even a shred of integrity about you, you'll apologise, because what you said is completely untrue and totally unjust. To think it was fcuking upvoted, wtf is that all about. A bloody disrespectful p!ss take, exactly what i expect on LFW. And to think people say this is one of the nicer forums! I shudder to think. Then we have threads wondering why we're all depressed. It's bulls!t like this that depresses me. People hiding behind keyboards and speaking in a way they'd never say to your face.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 6:43]
BFG on 09:06 - Apr 8 with 4787 viewsDejR_vu

BFG on 02:57 - Apr 8 by timcocking

You're a fcuking liar, or heavily confused. Fcuking offensive that is. Christ that's annoying. What a bloody injustice. You're lack of self-awareness here is remarkable, you bloody hypocrite.

In probably over a decade using this site i haven't abused a single one of our players i shouldn't think, apart from somebody like Redknapp or Bosingwa. My awareness is such that i'm comfortably able to understand that confidence and happiness are more important to a player than ability, so however awful our players, they have my unwavering support 100% of the time as long as they are giving 100% and surely nobody would fault Toni Leistner for effort? Always, always i support our players when i see them getting abuse. This is what i try to teach people always and now i have to listen to you accusing me of quite the opposite? I'd love to know how many posters on here have been more consistently supportive than me, very few i'd bet. Every single thread we've ever had slagging off a player that i've seen there will be a post from me defending them along the line, even if i think they're poor, assuming the player is doing their best. I am literally the poster who always defends every single one of our players and managers, within reason. I used to defend Joey Fcuking Barton sometimes for goodness sake. Players like Bidwell, Cousins, i'm the one always on their side. Give me bloody strength.

You are referring to a couple of threads specifically about our defence where people have been slating our managers for picking Lynch and i was defending the manager, as i also always try to do, by suggesting he's better positioned to know who's the best of our defenders than we are, maybe he doesn't rate Toni. That's about the worst i've said.

I've certainly feared that handing the captaincy to an untested foreign player, who has never been in our country let alone played in the championship, or any first division or gone near Loftus Road before, after replacing imo our best players, was an awful mistake. It bloody well was, that's just stating the obvious. It's possibly the main reason we're in this position imo. Do i think Roobo and Chief are better players? Yes. Do i think we cost ourselves money by releasing them? Damn right i do. This is a football forum. Am i not entitled to express my opinion on here? Well what's the point of this forum then? I think we'd have stayed up if we'd kept Chief and Robbo and avoided the need for loan signings. Now, if Toni reads this, my apologies, that would be a little unfortunate, but what am i to do? He's effectively reading my conversation with you. Surely to Christ you can see that's not in the same ballpark as trolling our own players on social media?! Toni has had nothing but support from me he'll continue to get it whatever division we're in. If we're relegated i'll still be fully supportive of him and all of our players who are giving 100%.

That's how this site goes, sadly. Say a supportive, innocuous comment or a flippant jest and get disrespectful abuse from a fellow Rangers fan who doesn't know you and is twisting what you've said and putting words in your mouth or flat out fc uking lying. Or misreading and misunderstanding, but lacking the self-awareness to realise they haven't even read the fc uking posts properly. Quite often when i've given offence, it's literally been a joke i thought, but when things are typed instead of spoken, it's easy to misinterpret. I think people have a puzzling subconcious urge to accuse others of things because it portrays them as if their own sh!t doesn't stink.

If you have even a shred of integrity about you, you'll apologise, because what you said is completely untrue and totally unjust. To think it was fcuking upvoted, wtf is that all about. A bloody disrespectful p!ss take, exactly what i expect on LFW. And to think people say this is one of the nicer forums! I shudder to think. Then we have threads wondering why we're all depressed. It's bulls!t like this that depresses me. People hiding behind keyboards and speaking in a way they'd never say to your face.

Leave me out of this

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

BFG on 10:05 - Apr 8 with 4689 viewssmegma

But you abused me in a drunken private message. Oh the irony.
BFG on 10:24 - Apr 8 with 4639 viewsToast_R

Will you two stop flirting
BFG on 10:32 - Apr 8 with 4607 viewsHooparoo

BFG on 10:24 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

Will you two stop flirting

Achtung! Handbag alert 🚨

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

BFG on 15:40 - Apr 8 with 4267 viewsPinnerPaul

BFG on 16:01 - Apr 7 by timcocking

Erm, maybe don't go on social media then - its not compulsory
BFG on 15:49 - Apr 8 with 4222 viewsLblock

If he doesn’t play Wednesday then my urban myth that it’s due to another 5 starts entitling him to an automatic contract extension may well be true.

If so what a further joke this club becomes

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

BFG on 15:57 - Apr 8 with 4190 viewsdaveB

BFG on 15:49 - Apr 8 by Lblock

If he doesn’t play Wednesday then my urban myth that it’s due to another 5 starts entitling him to an automatic contract extension may well be true.

more likely is he is home sick and wants to go back to Germany, similar to Polter
BFG on 17:14 - Apr 8 with 4050 viewsOldPedro

Originally signed on a 3 year deal according to the official website

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-sign-centre-back-toni-leistner/

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

BFG on 17:17 - Apr 8 with 4035 viewsNorthernr

He only signed a year ago, on a three year deal, so it's not that.
BFG on 17:24 - Apr 8 with 4015 viewsLblock

BFG on 17:17 - Apr 8 by Northernr

He only signed a year ago, on a three year deal, so it's not that.

Why not?
You don’t have to be in your last year of a contract to get an extension do you?

He’s on the bench when clearly Ray Charles can see he should be playing
Odd

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

BFG on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 4002 viewsHayesender

Very strange that Hall, Lynch, and now Furlong are all ahead of him all of a sudden

Poll: Shamima Beghum

BFG on 19:08 - Apr 8 with 3807 viewsPinnerPaul

BFG on 17:27 - Apr 8 by Hayesender

Very strange that Hall, Lynch, and now Furlong are all ahead of him all of a sudden

I thought he looked 'injured' v Bolton
BFG on 19:28 - Apr 8 with 3747 viewsBklynRanger

Tim you should've stuck with the original version of this post. I was woken up at 3.15 this morning by the wailing of randy foxes. But I really have to say that the antics of those rust-coloured jezebels paled into insignificance in comparison to your reaction. I've been using this site and the previous iteration of it since the days of dial-up and that was the most impressively, apocalypticly wound up rant I ever remember seeing. You sir, went proper mental!

Now that I've written all that, and it's all true, I do think it's worth saying that you might want to take a bit of a break for a few days - step away from the keyboard as the cliche goes. Honestly - I don't know you but I do take you at your word that some of your posts are misconstrued. Some! - not all! But honestly, regardless of you being right, wrong, whatever the fcuk, it's not worth it.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 19:30]
BFG on 20:29 - Apr 8 with 3635 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

https://tenor.com/view/scouser-calm-down-keep-calm-gif-12341169

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

BFGo on 23:07 - Apr 8 with 3428 viewsNortholt_Rs

You don’t have to write fc uking like that....you can do it like this f ucking.... or even better like this:

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 23:07]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

BFG on 21:27 - Apr 9 with 3052 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hate to bring this up.

Could match fixing be the problem?

We debate all and sundry on here but no-one ever seems to mention it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BFG on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 2928 viewsLongsufferingR

BFG on 21:27 - Apr 9 by CliveWilsonSaid

Hate to bring this up.

Could match fixing be the problem?

We debate all and sundry on here but no-one ever seems to mention it.

Well if we're trying to lose on purpose, we're doing a fking good job of it.
BFG on 22:15 - Apr 9 with 2879 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe our Bratwurst and Schnitzels isn't up to scratch.. Could be why Polter left too. Probably not been right since Juergen Sommer was around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024