Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup rewind on BBC1 14:56 - Apr 11 with 1510 viewsloftboy

Just watching Italy v Germany from 1970, great game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 15:16 - Apr 11 with 1490 viewsLimehouseR

Fair play to the BBC for rolling out some classic football in recent weeks.

They are streaming the entire Italia 90 semi final tomorrow at 3pm on the iPlayer/red button. Yeah we all know what happens but I was too young to know about it back then so I'm going to settle in and watch it.
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 16:20 - Apr 11 with 1453 viewsplasmahoop

Yes they've shown some good stuff. Meant to watch the Cameroon game today, but just missed it. Not sure I'm up for the Germany game tomorrow though!
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 17:23 - Apr 11 with 1430 viewsLimehouseR

And on Radio 5 live extra now you can listen to full commentary of Leach and Stokes taking us through to win 'that' test match! Currently on 61 not out... :)
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 19:11 - Apr 11 with 1391 viewsToast_R

FIFA have uploaded a few classics on their YouTube channel, watched France v Brazil 86 Quarter final the other day, brilliant.
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:02 - Apr 11 with 1357 viewspaulparker

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 19:11 - Apr 11 by Toast_R

FIFA have uploaded a few classics on their YouTube channel, watched France v Brazil 86 Quarter final the other day, brilliant.

Saw that today , what a game,Remember watching it at the time wanting Brazil to win , us kids at school would do the joshima thunderbolt or the Socrates one step penalty on the school field ,
Btw how the hell carlos got away with that foul in extra time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 17:40 - Apr 12 with 1213 viewsTGRRRSSS

Recorded the Rewind and watched the Cameroon game - man there were some unpunished howlers that probably should have seen either side win it (Linker missed a gilt edged to go 4-2 up).

Looking back I imagine the heat and the lack of understanding about weight and refuelling afterwards as late as that time maybe favoured Cameroon a bit at times. heatwise in Naples.

Shame they've never really pushed on, and no African side really has made more of a dent since have they?

NIgeria I think did well for a short while if I remember rightly...

But for pure impact I don't think anyone's come close to Cameroon and Roger Miller 1990.
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:33 - Apr 12 with 1180 viewsbob566

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 17:40 - Apr 12 by TGRRRSSS

Recorded the Rewind and watched the Cameroon game - man there were some unpunished howlers that probably should have seen either side win it (Linker missed a gilt edged to go 4-2 up).

Looking back I imagine the heat and the lack of understanding about weight and refuelling afterwards as late as that time maybe favoured Cameroon a bit at times. heatwise in Naples.

Shame they've never really pushed on, and no African side really has made more of a dent since have they?

But for pure impact I don't think anyone's come close to Cameroon and Roger Miller 1990.

Think I heard on the radio that Cameroon are the only team to top a WC group with a negative goal difference in the history of the world cup
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:36 - Apr 12 with 1171 viewsbob566

Without googling what club had the most players representing England at Italia 90
Login to get fewer ads

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:07 - Apr 12 with 1151 viewsloftboy

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:36 - Apr 12 by bob566

Without googling what club had the most players representing England at Italia 90

Liverpool?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:38 - Apr 12 with 1135 viewsbob566

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:07 - Apr 12 by loftboy

Liverpool?

No
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:42 - Apr 12 with 1126 viewsbob566

Another interesting fact about Italia 90 was that the players all badgered Bobby Robson into playing Mark Wright. Only he got injured you got to see Gascoigne. The squad didn't want Gascoigne starting
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:44 - Apr 12 with 1125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:38 - Apr 12 by bob566

No

I'm going to say Forest or Glasgow Rangers, probably Forest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:48 - Apr 12 with 1123 viewsCamberleyR

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:36 - Apr 12 by bob566

A bit left field but Rangers? Butcher, Woods, Steven, Stevens

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:00 - Apr 12 with 1094 viewsbob566

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:48 - Apr 12 by CamberleyR

A bit left field but Rangers? Butcher, Woods, Steven, Stevens

Bingo
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:03 - Apr 12 with 1093 viewsbob566

And who was the last tier 3 Englishman to play in a world cup
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:18 - Apr 12 with 1087 viewsAntti_Heinola

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 17:40 - Apr 12 by TGRRRSSS

ghana did well in 2010 didn't they, but Suarez's handball cheated them out of it.

Bare bones.

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:20 - Apr 12 with 1083 viewsAntti_Heinola

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 21:42 - Apr 12 by bob566

Another interesting fact about Italia 90 was that the players all badgered Bobby Robson into playing Mark Wright. Only he got injured you got to see Gascoigne. The squad didn't want Gascoigne starting

eh?

Not sure about that. They wanted him to go 5 at the back but I don't think there was ever any question about Gazza starting. Wright came in to make the 5, Gazza played from the start.

Bare bones.

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 00:18 - Apr 13 with 1067 viewsbob566

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:20 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

eh?

Not sure about that. They wanted him to go 5 at the back but I don't think there was ever any question about Gazza starting. Wright came in to make the 5, Gazza played from the start.

That's what off the ball said. I stand corrected if wrong
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 08:50 - Apr 13 with 1019 viewsCamberleyR

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 23:20 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

eh?

He did.

https://www.englandstats.com/matches.php?mid=658

England started 4-4-2 against Ireland but Gazza started. They switched to three at the back in the next game against Holland which was also when Paul Parker came into the team replacing Gary Stevens.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 10:21 - Apr 14 with 915 viewsToast_R

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 20:02 - Apr 11 by paulparker

Saw that today , what a game,Remember watching it at the time wanting Brazil to win , us kids at school would do the joshima thunderbolt or the Socrates one step penalty on the school field ,
Btw how the hell carlos got away with that foul in extra time

The Carlos rugby tackle, unbelievable. Although outside the area the refereee has to pull play back for a free kick and the goalkeeper Carlos has to go. Thank God France eventually won it. Some rank officiating in World Cups.

That Brazil team had some great players as usual but there were a couple of old stalwarts that were just a bit too old, Socrates and Zico.

As for France, theres a classic line at the end of the West Germany semi final they lost from Martin Tyler which sums up the majority of World Cup history and it goes "France, the favouritea amoung the romantics have fallen the realism of West Germany's football".
World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 11:46 - Apr 14 with 891 viewspaulparker

World Cup rewind on BBC1 on 10:21 - Apr 14 by Toast_R

The Carlos rugby tackle, unbelievable. Although outside the area the refereee has to pull play back for a free kick and the goalkeeper Carlos has to go. Thank God France eventually won it. Some rank officiating in World Cups.

That Brazil team had some great players as usual but there were a couple of old stalwarts that were just a bit too old, Socrates and Zico.

As for France, theres a classic line at the end of the West Germany semi final they lost from Martin Tyler which sums up the majority of World Cup history and it goes "France, the favouritea amoung the romantics have fallen the realism of West Germany's football".

The 86 World Cup was brilliant and probably in the top 3 World cups ever

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024