Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bright update 14:51 - Jul 18 with 5752 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/city-qpr-bright-

Leicester (especially with Champ League football) would surely be a great move for him. From our point of view, if one or two other clubs ARE coming in now and the club can't use that to leverage a higher fee, it'll be another sickener. Does our CEO or anyone understand how negotiation in business works? What possible benefit is there to us in biting off the hand of the first club that comes calling for an asset under contract?

F*cking amateurs!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bright update on 14:55 - Jul 18 with 4230 viewsWelsh_Ranger

True, but have you been to Leicester?
Bright update on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 4202 viewsaston_hoop

Oh interesting, how do you know thats the only offer we have had? You must be in the know then clearly, what is the deal - the up front fee, the add-ons, the contract offered to him? you know all this right?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Bright update on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 4194 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bright update on 14:55 - Jul 18 by Welsh_Ranger

True, but have you been to Leicester?

Funnily enough, I grew up (a bit) there - well, Oadby.

As Leicester's still currently locked down I believe, I don't suppose any one very much is going anywhere there right now!

Still, if I were BOS's agent and it's a genuine offer, he'd be mad not to look at it just because we've said yes to the first Belgian bidder.

Bright update on 14:58 - Jul 18 with 4191 viewsenfieldargh

Just WhatsApped my mate kolo assistant at Leicester

Told him how great he is and that they should offer north of 10 million

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bright update on 15:00 - Jul 18 with 4174 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bright update on 14:57 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

Oh interesting, how do you know thats the only offer we have had? You must be in the know then clearly, what is the deal - the up front fee, the add-ons, the contract offered to him? you know all this right?

Fair point. As the club have made it their policy in recent years not to deign to tell any of the fan base of the details of outgoing transfers (draw your own conclusions!), we can but wonder.

Bright update on 15:01 - Jul 18 with 4151 viewsaston_hoop

Bright update on 15:00 - Jul 18 by stainrods_elbow

Fair point. As the club have made it their policy in recent years not to deign to tell any of the fan base of the details of outgoing transfers (draw your own conclusions!), we can but wonder.

Do any clubs give details of deals anymore? This reads like a pointless attempt to have a dig at the board without any information to me.

Bright update on 15:06 - Jul 18 with 4117 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bright update on 15:01 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

Do any clubs give details of deals anymore? This reads like a pointless attempt to have a dig at the board without any information to me.

Some clubs/deals are more transparent than others, and there's no reason why the fans shouldn't be informed, as happened with Sterling's transfer to Liverpool for one. My strong suspicion is the club has wind of a lot of fans' criticism of under-selling over the years, so go out of their way to keep their cards close to their chest. A good way to keep 'ignorant' fans ignorant, of course.

Bright update on 15:23 - Jul 18 with 4028 viewstraininvain

It does seem a bit odd that we’ve reportedly accepted €5m without pushing other clubs for more money.

But obviously we don’t know the full story and you have to hope that Hoos knows what he’s doing.
Login to get fewer ads

Bright update on 15:27 - Jul 18 with 4000 viewsaston_hoop

Bright update on 15:06 - Jul 18 by stainrods_elbow

Some clubs/deals are more transparent than others, and there's no reason why the fans shouldn't be informed, as happened with Sterling's transfer to Liverpool for one. My strong suspicion is the club has wind of a lot of fans' criticism of under-selling over the years, so go out of their way to keep their cards close to their chest. A good way to keep 'ignorant' fans ignorant, of course.

You call fans ignorant, so I'll ask again, are you in the know? what more do you know then that we don't? You need to back this up otherwise it just looks like another one of the arrogant characters on here

Bright update on 15:51 - Jul 18 with 3938 viewsdanehoop

Bright update on 15:27 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

You call fans ignorant, so I'll ask again, are you in the know? what more do you know then that we don't? You need to back this up otherwise it just looks like another one of the arrogant characters on here

Don't bite Aston. Not worth it.

Never knowingly understood

Bright update on 16:00 - Jul 18 with 3876 viewsA40Bosh

Aston mate, you should be used to this by now!

Social media is full of opinion purporting to be fact, and when that opinion is challenged (not saying specifically this thread) it is met with put downs and aggressive reinforcement of the position.

I agree about QPR being no different to most clubs in not confirming transfer fees and that if we could be bothered to investigate the actual evidence from the football league clubs official announcements and possibly even the Premier League, most of the sums being quoted as the transfer fee would come from Sky or their "sources" or other media outlet rather than any official announcement on the clubs official website. "For an undisclosed fee..." seems to be standard wording now.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Bright update on 16:06 - Jul 18 with 3834 viewsLongsufferingR

Keen to know what personal crime Hoos has committed against you. Seems a strange vendetta to have against a man who most of our fans seem to think is doing a good job (or do you think they are all ignorant sheep?) in very difficult circumstances and has previously done very good jobs at other similar sized clubs. You seem particularly obsessed with the guy.

By the way, just to let you know, we're 1 up at half time today. Give it a watch.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 16:07]
Bright update on 16:44 - Jul 18 with 3775 viewsaston_hoop

ah, you guys are right. Just seems so muh of this nonsense about at the moment purporting to be Rs fans. All a bit silly

Bright update on 17:27 - Jul 18 with 3622 viewsPinnerR

Bright update on 14:58 - Jul 18 by stainrods_elbow

Funnily enough, I grew up (a bit) there - well, Oadby.

As Leicester's still currently locked down I believe, I don't suppose any one very much is going anywhere there right now!

Still, if I were BOS's agent and it's a genuine offer, he'd be mad not to look at it just because we've said yes to the first Belgian bidder.

I was at Uni in Leicester 50 years ago and still visit regularly (not at the moment obviously). Lived in the Halls of Residence in Oadby.

BOS would do well there I think.
Bright update on 21:01 - Jul 18 with 3299 viewshantssi

Bright update on 15:51 - Jul 18 by danehoop

Don't bite Aston. Not worth it.

Agreed, he only appears when we’re either on a losing streak or other bad news he can “gloat” over!
Look at his comments on page 1 of the match thread.
I don’t know how you can go through life with this glass half empty attitude all the time.
We’re not perfect by any means but it could be a whole lost worse!
Bright update on 21:23 - Jul 18 with 3222 viewsdigswellhoop

As for all our players eg brigt eze etc
if we sell which is wrong can we get a loan back deal ?
Bright update on 15:40 - Jul 19 with 2696 viewsstainrods_elbow

Please try to keep up with the bigger picture. I was alluding ironically (the use of quotation marks ought to have given it away) to WARBURTON's recent use of the word 'ignorant' to describe (some) fans in an interview on the Offish with Paul Morrissey. My point is that now (if accurately reported) other clubs are expressing interest in employing BOS, it will be harder for us to get a better fee as we've apparently already accepted the Belgian bid - which shows, if true, more excruciating naivete and incompetence on the part of the club. How I wish we could throw off this inferiority complex and lack of professional self-esteem that seems to follow the club round like a bad smell!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 15:43]

Bright update on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2640 viewsNorthernr

Bright update on 15:40 - Jul 19 by stainrods_elbow

Please try to keep up with the bigger picture. I was alluding ironically (the use of quotation marks ought to have given it away) to WARBURTON's recent use of the word 'ignorant' to describe (some) fans in an interview on the Offish with Paul Morrissey. My point is that now (if accurately reported) other clubs are expressing interest in employing BOS, it will be harder for us to get a better fee as we've apparently already accepted the Belgian bid - which shows, if true, more excruciating naivete and incompetence on the part of the club. How I wish we could throw off this inferiority complex and lack of professional self-esteem that seems to follow the club round like a bad smell!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 15:43]

Or we've taken the unusual step of making a big song and dance about receiving a bid, dropping the player from the squad, making it clear how much has been offered, which I can't ever recall us doing before, to try and trigger exactly the sort of bidding war that drives the price up, that we're apparently now seeing with Leicester and others coming out of the woodwork?
Bright update on 16:40 - Jul 19 with 2474 viewsdavman

Bright update on 15:52 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Or we've taken the unusual step of making a big song and dance about receiving a bid, dropping the player from the squad, making it clear how much has been offered, which I can't ever recall us doing before, to try and trigger exactly the sort of bidding war that drives the price up, that we're apparently now seeing with Leicester and others coming out of the woodwork?

But all the talk is that they will MATCH the offer.
As we have accepted the offer from Bruges already, we can't reject it if we get a bigger one, can we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bright update on 16:41 - Jul 19 with 2465 viewsqprd

Bright update on 15:23 - Jul 18 by traininvain

It does seem a bit odd that we’ve reportedly accepted €5m without pushing other clubs for more money.

But obviously we don’t know the full story and you have to hope that Hoos knows what he’s doing.

Hoos is clearly good at managing the profits and losses, but we don’t have much reason to believe he’s good at negotiations.... very different skills, let’s see how this one plays out
Bright update on 16:43 - Jul 19 with 2451 viewsNorthernr

Bright update on 16:40 - Jul 19 by davman

As we have accepted the offer from Bruges already, we can't reject it if we get a bigger one, can we?

You mean like Crystal Palace accepted our offer for Darren Ambrose?
Bright update on 16:52 - Jul 19 with 2382 viewsWestonsuperR

There is not a chance with someone as experienced as Hoos who literally looks at saving every penny he can that he won’t do everything possible to maximize profits from this transfer, he clearly isn’t going to accept the first offer if as a club we can get more.
Bright update on 16:54 - Jul 19 with 2375 viewsqprd

Bright update on 16:40 - Jul 19 by davman

Your question kind of answers itself

The only way we’d be bound to the contract (if there even was one) is if it contained what is called a no shop provision (eg you can’t go looking for other buyers) Why would Bruges agree to let us spurn their offer for another at the same price, but then prevent us from accepting a bid at a higher price?

In football, nothing is official until the ink is dry. The fact that others are now coming in for him suggests that it clearly is not

From a negotiation perspective, qpr may have harmed themselves by stating that the offer was for 5m, thereby setting a floor price (why not leak that it was higher?). But then again, it’s also kind of hard to come out and lie

Separately, i do wonder whether we also sit Manning and Eze for the West Brom match. There is literally zero upside. They play and we win, and we get Brentford promoted. No one would be happy with that. And we’re running the risk that one gets nnjured before they’re up for moves
Bright update on 16:57 - Jul 19 with 2360 viewsflynnbo

Would the club be happy selling Bright, Eze and Manning? Would Eze be kept on if we sell the other two as he has longer on his contract or are we banking on cashing in on all three this window?
Bright update on 17:06 - Jul 19 with 2330 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Bright update on 16:57 - Jul 19 by flynnbo

Would the club be happy selling Bright, Eze and Manning? Would Eze be kept on if we sell the other two as he has longer on his contract or are we banking on cashing in on all three this window?

I love Eze as much as anyone but if the right offer comes in they will sell. Manning i'm not to bothered about as finding a LB is a damn site easier than a creative 10. I think it would depend how much of the money is made available if all three are sold?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024