Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agents 11:49 - Dec 7 with 2299 viewsDubaiR

I read this morning both Ashley Williams but better still Jackson Irvine are without clubs.

Given the short comings as a squad both would be very good signings. Williams in the Nelson/Dunne type role. He would surely add strength, organisation and leadership at the back.

Irvine always liked him at Burton and Hull, he cant be that old but would be another good addition as chips in with goals, adds height and plays CM where we are woefully short.

Free Agents on 12:17 - Dec 7 with 1840 viewsMyke

So Williams is well past his 36th birthday and while we have had some good old 'uns' not least his mate Rangell, I don't think it would work. Such is Warburton's love for Barbet, he would replace Dickie, which is not good for his development.
Irvine, on the other hand, sounds like a decent shout. Coming from Hull, I wouldn't expect wages to be an issue
Free Agents on 12:21 - Dec 7 with 1818 viewsLythamR

2 problems

1 Money
2 bringing in loan players stops us getting games under the belts of Dickie and Masterson
Free Agents on 12:25 - Dec 7 with 1798 viewsCamberleyR

Irvine wouldn't be a bad shout, would add a bit of depth and height to central midfield. Still only 27 as well. Was he still getting in the Australia squad when he was at Hull? If so the only slight drawback maybe the travelling that seemed to affect Luongo when called up for international duty.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Free Agents on 12:26 - Dec 7 with 1792 viewsCamberleyR

Free Agents on 12:21 - Dec 7 by LythamR

2 problems

1 Money
2 bringing in loan players stops us getting games under the belts of Dickie and Masterson

They wouldn't be loans, they're free agents.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Free Agents on 12:28 - Dec 7 with 1783 viewsAntti_Heinola

Free Agents on 12:21 - Dec 7 by LythamR

2 problems

1 Money

There's been rumours for a while that we're looking at bringing in a CB in Jan, with Masterson going out on loan.
If true, I think he's looking at moving Barbet out - OR, as one poster (Westbourne? Hunter?) has suggested, maybe Barbet goes to left back, so we still get his passing, but also his added height. Not the worst idea in the world.

Bare bones.

Free Agents on 12:31 - Dec 7 with 1769 viewsKonk

I saw Williams a few times for City last season, including against Brentford when he managed to get sent off after about ten minutes. He was a fine player in his day, but well past it now.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Free Agents on 12:32 - Dec 7 with 1763 viewsbosh67

Irvine is a decent player. Similar in style to Freeman. Good finisher. Has inevitably had injuries but he's very tall, very fast and very good in the air on the end of set pieces.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Free Agents on 12:35 - Dec 7 with 1743 viewsaston_hoop

According to Bristol City fans, Williams is well past it. I'd take Irvine in a heartbeat though, just not sure he'd take us. Turned down Wednesday apparently because he didnt fancy a relegation scrap....but then at some point he's just going to have to play football aint he?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Free Agents on 12:59 - Dec 7 with 1681 viewsLythamR

Free Agents on 12:26 - Dec 7 by CamberleyR

They wouldn't be loans, they're free agents.

still got to find signing fees and wages
Free Agents on 13:02 - Dec 7 with 1672 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is Irvine that good or is the classic case of him having one or two decent games against us for Burton then Hull so we think he’s better than he is?
Free Agents on 13:10 - Dec 7 with 1639 viewsbosh67

Free Agents on 13:02 - Dec 7 by Watford_Ranger

Is Irvine that good or is the classic case of him having one or two decent games against us for Burton then Hull so we think he’s better than he is?

He is a good player, has had some injuries but decent. He generally is an attacking midfielder and he does have a very good left foot. Not really sure why he is without a club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Free Agents on 13:15 - Dec 7 with 1612 viewsMyke

Free Agents on 12:28 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

There's been rumours for a while that we're looking at bringing in a CB in Jan, with Masterson going out on loan.
If true, I think he's looking at moving Barbet out - OR, as one poster (Westbourne? Hunter?) has suggested, maybe Barbet goes to left back, so we still get his passing, but also his added height. Not the worst idea in the world.

Antti, I know it's not your own idea to move Barbet to left back but it's a terrible one. I think he played one game there for Brentford (I'm sure one of the regulars can correct me) absolutely hated it and was sh't. I wouldn't have him in my starting 11 at all, but certainly not out of position and not happy about it. As for his 'passing' with the exception of Bonne's assist, it's mostly to keep the ball boys warm
Free Agents on 13:16 - Dec 7 with 1604 viewsrsonist

Didn't realise he'd gone there until we played them but Bristol C replaced Williams with Adrian Mariappa, who I half heartedly suggested during the window. He's only on a short term deal there until the end of the year - not sure what the situation is with him and why there wasn't more interest generally given he's not a crock - wages perhaps.

If we enquired about Michael Hector and Alfie Mawson presumably there's a reasonable of money still in the kitty. Given their seniority and cost and the certainty that there'll be no inclination to depose Dickie, I'd say either Barbet at LB or a switch back to a three have been strongly considered. (Then again, I thought Kakay was half decent in a three last season so it's not like the option hasn't been there for us - maybe if/when Bright leaves.)
Free Agents on 13:35 - Dec 7 with 1536 viewsDubaiR

Williams might be past his best but we have done a decent job with players like that in the past and with the volume of games I wouldn't be against a deal till the end of the season even if just for cover and leadership.

Irvine makes absolute sense, adds height, legs and goals for a midfield that looks poor.

Ball for all his effort has 1 good game in 4, but still gives away stupid free kicks after a heavy touch every game. Cameron has done well till Saturday where he looked woefully off the pace and contributed to our problems.
Free Agents on 13:43 - Dec 7 with 1504 viewsHunterhoop

Free Agents on 13:15 - Dec 7 by Myke

Antti, I know it's not your own idea to move Barbet to left back but it's a terrible one. I think he played one game there for Brentford (I'm sure one of the regulars can correct me) absolutely hated it and was sh't. I wouldn't have him in my starting 11 at all, but certainly not out of position and not happy about it. As for his 'passing' with the exception of Bonne's assist, it's mostly to keep the ball boys warm

I’m unconvinced about Barbet anywhere. I’m in a minority, I know, but I think he’s a very poor centre half so any signing that could replace him would be good news to me. I’d rather have him at LB over CB because I think he can do less damage there. That said, I’d prefer other options in both spots.
Free Agents on 14:05 - Dec 7 with 1449 viewsPinnerPaul

If only all the Free agents, really were 'free'!
Free Agents on 14:22 - Dec 7 with 1413 viewsWatford_Ranger

Free Agents on 13:43 - Dec 7 by Hunterhoop

I’m unconvinced about Barbet anywhere. I’m in a minority, I know, but I think he’s a very poor centre half so any signing that could replace him would be good news to me. I’d rather have him at LB over CB because I think he can do less damage there. That said, I’d prefer other options in both spots.

He’s the only constant in that defence over the what feels like an eternity of dire defending so you’re probably right. Think he’d be more suited to a Grant Hall-esque midfield role if anything.
Free Agents on 15:12 - Dec 7 with 1339 viewsDavieQPR

If they were that good or cheap enough then they wouldn't be free agents.
Free Agents on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 1279 viewsDubaiR

Cavani was a free agent. Was he rubbish too?
Free Agents on 14:03 - Dec 8 with 966 viewsPinnerPaul

Free Agents on 15:35 - Dec 7 by DubaiR

Yeah there's one that's going to be knocking around this summer - Messi I think he's called - any good?
Free Agents on 14:33 - Dec 8 with 917 viewsKonk

I'm a free agent at the moment. £200 a game plus expenses and I can start tomorrow. I'm not very good, but I can fill in anywhere across the back or in midfield. Don't stick me in goal cos I am shit in goal. Genuinely two-footed, although both feet are made of sh it. I'll need some boots, and I can't train in the week because of getting my son to/from school, but I can work out over the park - Mick S has got some cones that he's offered me in the past, and I've got an Adidas Tango under the strairs. I'll need somewhere to kip after midweek games*, but I promise you this; I will always give my best, and when my time at the club is up, you'll look back and say, "He was fu cking shit, but that cu nt never stopped trying." Let's make this happen.

*EDIT: What am I talking about! I can stay at my Mum's! Sorted.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 14:36]

Free Agents on 14:36 - Dec 8 with 909 viewsDubaiR

The ex Celtic croatian centre back linked this morning, over 100 games for sparta prague and over 100 for Celtic and if I read right only 27, looks a monster of a cb, is he any good?
Free Agents on 14:39 - Dec 8 with 894 viewsMick_S

Free Agents on 14:33 - Dec 8 by Konk

I'm a free agent at the moment. £200 a game plus expenses and I can start tomorrow. I'm not very good, but I can fill in anywhere across the back or in midfield. Don't stick me in goal cos I am shit in goal. Genuinely two-footed, although both feet are made of sh it. I'll need some boots, and I can't train in the week because of getting my son to/from school, but I can work out over the park - Mick S has got some cones that he's offered me in the past, and I've got an Adidas Tango under the strairs. I'll need somewhere to kip after midweek games*, but I promise you this; I will always give my best, and when my time at the club is up, you'll look back and say, "He was fu cking shit, but that cu nt never stopped trying." Let's make this happen.

*EDIT: What am I talking about! I can stay at my Mum's! Sorted.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 14:36]

Konk - mi casa (cones) es tu casa (cones).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Free Agents on 14:48 - Dec 8 with 879 viewsKonk

Free Agents on 14:39 - Dec 8 by Mick_S

Konk - mi casa (cones) es tu casa (cones).

Appreciate the support as ever, Mick. You've always been there for me.

Free Agents on 16:14 - Dec 8 with 836 viewsDavieQPR

Free Agents on 15:35 - Dec 7 by DubaiR

Was he cheap enough as well. £173k a week.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 16:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024