Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 16:27 - Jan 30 with 7381 viewstraininvain

Lovely goal https://streamable.com/9a954j

And yes I know he doesn’t play for us any more etc. But I still smile like a proud dad every time I see him score.
Eze on 16:31 - Jan 30 with 4088 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hate seeing him do this for Palace but at least he's only passing through on his way somewhere else.....
Eze on 16:31 - Jan 30 with 4084 viewsBucksRanger

Great bit of passing and a belter of a goal. Thanks for the link.
Eze on 16:36 - Jan 30 with 4033 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bittersweet! Surely it can't be long before his full England call-up? I'd have him training with the squad now.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Eze on 16:39 - Jan 30 with 4026 viewstraininvain

Eze on 16:36 - Jan 30 by stainrods_elbow

Bittersweet! Surely it can't be long before his full England call-up? I'd have him training with the squad now.

Plenty of competition with Grealish, Maddison, Foden etc all on good form but I agree that it won’t be long until Eze gets a call up.
Eze on 16:40 - Jan 30 with 4021 viewsnix

Whenever he scores he has to create himself. Benteke and Zaha don't pass to him.
Eze on 16:40 - Jan 30 with 4013 viewsNoelmc

Hopefully will mean an add-on to his transfer fee for us.
Eze on 16:58 - Jan 30 with 3912 viewsMedwayR

If I'm England manager I'd be picking Eze as an alternative/cover for Grealish, particularly in a tournament. Eze is the closest in style to Grealish that England have.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze on 17:00 - Jan 30 with 3899 viewsHantsR

Eze on 16:40 - Jan 30 by nix

Whenever he scores he has to create himself. Benteke and Zaha don't pass to him.

I noticed that - he was struggling to get in the game 1st half but super strike!
Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 17:10 - Jan 30 with 3835 viewstraininvain

Eze on 17:00 - Jan 30 by HantsR

I noticed that - he was struggling to get in the game 1st half but super strike!

Glad others have noticed. Thought I was maybe being a bit overprotective.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed Zaha seems to get the hump with Eze if the pass isn’t perfectly weighted to his feet?
Eze on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 3814 viewsqpr_1968

quality goal.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Eze on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 3794 viewsTGRRRSSS

England have across the park (more or less) got around 50 odd players who would make a fearsome squad (with those not making it obviously, however I'm not sure Southgate is the man to make it flourish further - to be honest - not sure why but in many ways they havent really progressed much further than the year of 2018 in many ways (including doing well in that euro league thingy they do now.

From the building blocks Southgate did which was exceptional but there's a decent nucleus there.

Eze, Grealish, and Maddison all vying for similar position I guess.
Eze on 18:14 - Jan 30 with 3673 viewshamptonhillhoop

Eze on 17:10 - Jan 30 by traininvain

Is it just me or has anyone noticed Zaha seems to get the hump with Eze if the pass isn’t perfectly weighted to his feet?

Zaha just seems to permanently have the hump
Eze on 19:24 - Jan 30 with 3494 viewsGloryHunter

Beautiful first touch from Eze. "Soft feet". That's what we loved about him.
Eze on 19:28 - Jan 30 with 3479 viewsNorthernr

What I would say about the goal is it's a fierce, fierce hit. We knew all about the touch,the shoulder drop, the eye for space, that's not new. But I do think his shooting has improved a lot. Early days in our first team, I remember writing about this after the Boreham Wood defeat, his shooting wasn't where it needed to be. It was always too clever, trying to do too much, it didn't have that Taarabt ability to be cute when cute was required, but to put some fcking minge round it when minge was required. That's changed, this one is past the keeper before he even knows it's happened. It makes the keeper look daft, I'm sure non-goalkeeper pundits will call him on it, but it's hit like a shell, and I don't recall many goals from Eze for us like that? Maybe Sheff Utd H and Bolton A? But they weren't that purely, fiercely struck. I used to consider it a bit of a weak spot.
Eze on 19:43 - Jan 30 with 3425 viewssupahoopsa

I think TraininVain has summed it up perfectly for all QPR fans, it is SO like being a proud Dad watching Eze, just class.

I don't know how many of you look at the BBC football pages after the matches, but this season they have introduced a player vote for MOM and I check every Palace game to see how Eze has done (just like a proud Dad would). I think he has been Palace's MOM in almost every game he has played in.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Eze on 19:54 - Jan 30 with 3398 viewsHunterhoop

Eze on 17:10 - Jan 30 by traininvain

Zaha is just a d*ckhead. Talented, but not very likeable. The way he’s behaving at the minute (all this aggro, selfish play, etc), it seems like he has a massive chip on his shoulder about something. I wonder if there’s an element of feeling threatened by Eze. Ebere is 22. Zaha is 28. Anyone can see Eze is going places. I just think Zaha is a phenomenally selfish player. I don’t think he wants Eze to be as good as he can be, hence why he rarely passes to him and berates him.

On MoTD now, 3 games, the pundits have called out Eze as being the star player. I just think Zaha’s ego is getting the better of him. And that’s with him playing out on the left in a 442 rather than in his preferred no. 10 spot.

It shouldn’t be long before he’s involved with the Eng squad. He is a better player than Madison abd Foden, IMO.

Bielsa called him “world class”, because he is.
Eze on 20:06 - Jan 30 with 3354 viewsNoDiddley

Eze on 19:54 - Jan 30 by Hunterhoop

Zaha is just a d*ckhead. Talented, but not very likeable. The way he’s behaving at the minute (all this aggro, selfish play, etc), it seems like he has a massive chip on his shoulder about something. I wonder if there’s an element of feeling threatened by Eze. Ebere is 22. Zaha is 28. Anyone can see Eze is going places. I just think Zaha is a phenomenally selfish player. I don’t think he wants Eze to be as good as he can be, hence why he rarely passes to him and berates him.

On MoTD now, 3 games, the pundits have called out Eze as being the star player. I just think Zaha’s ego is getting the better of him. And that’s with him playing out on the left in a 442 rather than in his preferred no. 10 spot.

It shouldn’t be long before he’s involved with the Eng squad. He is a better player than Madison abd Foden, IMO.

Bielsa called him “world class”, because he is.

Better than Maddison & Foden? Big call.
I for one when he moved on bemoaned it was Palarse, as stated earlier you’ve got Big head Zaha to deal with, but to be fair to him he’s showing his class. A better move will come in time.
Good luck to him he deserves it.
Eze on 20:07 - Jan 30 with 3358 viewsdublinr

Eze on 19:43 - Jan 30 by supahoopsa

I think TraininVain has summed it up perfectly for all QPR fans, it is SO like being a proud Dad watching Eze, just class.

I don't know how many of you look at the BBC football pages after the matches, but this season they have introduced a player vote for MOM and I check every Palace game to see how Eze has done (just like a proud Dad would). I think he has been Palace's MOM in almost every game he has played in.

Yes, I check that after every palace game. Makes me very happy. Love it that everyone's seeing what we saw.

Eze on 20:11 - Jan 30 with 3353 viewsMyke

Eze on 19:28 - Jan 30 by Northernr

What I would say about the goal is it's a fierce, fierce hit. We knew all about the touch,the shoulder drop, the eye for space, that's not new. But I do think his shooting has improved a lot. Early days in our first team, I remember writing about this after the Boreham Wood defeat, his shooting wasn't where it needed to be. It was always too clever, trying to do too much, it didn't have that Taarabt ability to be cute when cute was required, but to put some fcking minge round it when minge was required. That's changed, this one is past the keeper before he even knows it's happened. It makes the keeper look daft, I'm sure non-goalkeeper pundits will call him on it, but it's hit like a shell, and I don't recall many goals from Eze for us like that? Maybe Sheff Utd H and Bolton A? But they weren't that purely, fiercely struck. I used to consider it a bit of a weak spot.

That's interesting you should say that Clive. Before I had read your post, I was just about to say that while I was delighted for Eze, and love to see him demanding the ball, the goal itself was eminently savable. I always judge the quality of goals scored by how we would feel if we conceded them. Which is how I judged Austin's goal v Luton. The message board was full of how 'cute' Austin's movement was, but if we concede a goal like that (or should I say 'when') we would/do go ballistic.
In that context, I would be disappointed if Dieng conceded that goal.
Eze on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 3301 viewsjoe90

He smashed in the his last goal for us against WBA.

I'm about to go all Jeremy Clarkson - but I noticed the BBC awarded him 'player of the match'. Are we not doing man of the match anymore? Do we have to use non genered language in the men's game? Can I even refere to it as the men's game?
Eze on 20:46 - Jan 30 with 3288 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eze on 20:11 - Jan 30 by Myke

That's interesting you should say that Clive. Before I had read your post, I was just about to say that while I was delighted for Eze, and love to see him demanding the ball, the goal itself was eminently savable. I always judge the quality of goals scored by how we would feel if we conceded them. Which is how I judged Austin's goal v Luton. The message board was full of how 'cute' Austin's movement was, but if we concede a goal like that (or should I say 'when') we would/do go ballistic.
In that context, I would be disappointed if Dieng conceded that goal.

Was about to say something similar. Imagine the Wolves player closest to Eze was Barbet!

Great shoulder drop and finish though!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze on 21:45 - Jan 30 with 3154 viewsHunterhoop

Eze on 20:06 - Jan 30 by NoDiddley

Better than Maddison & Foden? Big call.
I for one when he moved on bemoaned it was Palarse, as stated earlier you’ve got Big head Zaha to deal with, but to be fair to him he’s showing his class. A better move will come in time.
Good luck to him he deserves it.

Yeah, appreciate it is a big call, and most Prem football fans probably wouldn’t agree. The Big Gob Sky pundits probably wouldn’t.

But I genuinely think he has something they don’t. The way he moves past players with the ball is so rare. It’s effortless. It’s like he tilts the pitch in his favour and away for others when he moves. He’s skiing downhill when it looks like others are trudging up hill.

It sounds ridiculous, but he reminds me of Gazza. No one else moves like him in football.

And on top of that, I think he sees the game 2-3 steps ahead of most players, including the likes of Maddison and Foden. He sometimes does things that supporters couldn’t even see as “on” and we’ve got a full view of the pitch and space, and yet he sees it, on the ground, in amongst it. Can’t remember which pundit pointed it out, but he plays, even in possession, with his head up almost all the time.

If anything I think he needs to be more aggressive, attacking and risk taking in his play. I think he’s playing very cautiously at Palace, which is understandable, especially with Zaha behaving how he is. But when someone, perhaps not Hodgson at Palace, really let’s the shackles off with him, and instructs him to drive forward, play the audacious pass, have a go from distance, and not fear failure, not to play it safe, etc, I think everything will see him for the world star he really can be. And he’ll be starting for England.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:48]
Eze on 22:17 - Jan 30 with 3103 viewsMyke

Eze on 21:45 - Jan 30 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, appreciate it is a big call, and most Prem football fans probably wouldn’t agree. The Big Gob Sky pundits probably wouldn’t.

But I genuinely think he has something they don’t. The way he moves past players with the ball is so rare. It’s effortless. It’s like he tilts the pitch in his favour and away for others when he moves. He’s skiing downhill when it looks like others are trudging up hill.

It sounds ridiculous, but he reminds me of Gazza. No one else moves like him in football.

And on top of that, I think he sees the game 2-3 steps ahead of most players, including the likes of Maddison and Foden. He sometimes does things that supporters couldn’t even see as “on” and we’ve got a full view of the pitch and space, and yet he sees it, on the ground, in amongst it. Can’t remember which pundit pointed it out, but he plays, even in possession, with his head up almost all the time.

If anything I think he needs to be more aggressive, attacking and risk taking in his play. I think he’s playing very cautiously at Palace, which is understandable, especially with Zaha behaving how he is. But when someone, perhaps not Hodgson at Palace, really let’s the shackles off with him, and instructs him to drive forward, play the audacious pass, have a go from distance, and not fear failure, not to play it safe, etc, I think everything will see him for the world star he really can be. And he’ll be starting for England.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:48]

'like he tilts the pitch in his favour' - love that description.
I agree, he doesn't run with the ball, he 'glides'
Eze on 23:05 - Jan 30 with 3031 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Was I imagining it or did someones bum just get given offside by VAR in the Southampton v Villa game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze on 23:58 - Jan 30 with 2927 viewsWestbourneR

It’s nuts I was thinking the EXACT same thing Northern. I said to my mate that shooting was the one thing that Eze lacked technically. With he almost always used the side foot and had a slight tendency to lean back.

Since he’s been at Palace he’s started to get his head over the ball and put his laces through it. Reckon that’s got to have been the coaching.

Now he’s added that to his game he’s pretty much got it all.

Funny you mention Adel because I think that was exactly the evolution he was missing. He was always trying to shape it perfectly into the corner. He needed to smack sometimes. Really became a problem when he ran out of steam on our first Prem season after promotion.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024