Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 16:27 - Jan 30 with 7420 viewstraininvain

Lovely goal https://streamable.com/9a954j

And yes I know he doesn’t play for us any more etc. But I still smile like a proud dad every time I see him score.
Eze on 00:02 - Jan 31 with 2327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze on 23:58 - Jan 30 by WestbourneR

It’s nuts I was thinking the EXACT same thing Northern. I said to my mate that shooting was the one thing that Eze lacked technically. With he almost always used the side foot and had a slight tendency to lean back.

Since he’s been at Palace he’s started to get his head over the ball and put his laces through it. Reckon that’s got to have been the coaching.

Now he’s added that to his game he’s pretty much got it all.

Funny you mention Adel because I think that was exactly the evolution he was missing. He was always trying to shape it perfectly into the corner. He needed to smack sometimes. Really became a problem when he ran out of steam on our first Prem season after promotion.

Good post. Agree with all that, Westy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze on 00:15 - Jan 31 with 2300 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Eze on 00:02 - Jan 31 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post. Agree with all that, Westy.

It's always about the 'coaching'.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Eze on 08:11 - Jan 31 with 2204 viewsQPROslo

Eze on 21:45 - Jan 30 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, appreciate it is a big call, and most Prem football fans probably wouldn’t agree. The Big Gob Sky pundits probably wouldn’t.

But I genuinely think he has something they don’t. The way he moves past players with the ball is so rare. It’s effortless. It’s like he tilts the pitch in his favour and away for others when he moves. He’s skiing downhill when it looks like others are trudging up hill.

It sounds ridiculous, but he reminds me of Gazza. No one else moves like him in football.

And on top of that, I think he sees the game 2-3 steps ahead of most players, including the likes of Maddison and Foden. He sometimes does things that supporters couldn’t even see as “on” and we’ve got a full view of the pitch and space, and yet he sees it, on the ground, in amongst it. Can’t remember which pundit pointed it out, but he plays, even in possession, with his head up almost all the time.

If anything I think he needs to be more aggressive, attacking and risk taking in his play. I think he’s playing very cautiously at Palace, which is understandable, especially with Zaha behaving how he is. But when someone, perhaps not Hodgson at Palace, really let’s the shackles off with him, and instructs him to drive forward, play the audacious pass, have a go from distance, and not fear failure, not to play it safe, etc, I think everything will see him for the world star he really can be. And he’ll be starting for England.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:48]

Nice descriptions of the way Eze moves. For me he looks like he's dancing and floating with the ball, making the others look like they are running at best. Almost Mohammed Ali like at his best, but with the sting in his feet rather than his fists.
Eze on 08:16 - Jan 31 with 2195 viewsGroveR

It’s nuts I was thinking the EXACT same thing Northern. I said to my mate that shooting was the one thing that Eze lacked technically. With he almost always used the side foot and had a slight tendency to lean back.

Since he’s been at Palace he’s started to get his head over the ball and put his laces through it. Reckon that’s got to have been the coaching.

Funny you mention Adel because I think that was exactly the evolution he was missing. He was always trying to shape it perfectly into the corner. He needed to smack sometimes. Really became a problem when he ran out of steam on our first Prem season after promotion.

There's all of that but the thing that stood out for me was the confidence in using the "weaker" left foot. He's clearly been told you might get one split-second in 90mins, you can't be fannying around trying to work it back into your favourite foot.

Watching individuals this season i can't help thinking we're very one-footed.
Eze on 09:04 - Jan 31 with 2143 viewsWren67

Eze on 21:45 - Jan 30 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, appreciate it is a big call, and most Prem football fans probably wouldn’t agree. The Big Gob Sky pundits probably wouldn’t.

But I genuinely think he has something they don’t. The way he moves past players with the ball is so rare. It’s effortless. It’s like he tilts the pitch in his favour and away for others when he moves. He’s skiing downhill when it looks like others are trudging up hill.

It sounds ridiculous, but he reminds me of Gazza. No one else moves like him in football.

And on top of that, I think he sees the game 2-3 steps ahead of most players, including the likes of Maddison and Foden. He sometimes does things that supporters couldn’t even see as “on” and we’ve got a full view of the pitch and space, and yet he sees it, on the ground, in amongst it. Can’t remember which pundit pointed it out, but he plays, even in possession, with his head up almost all the time.

If anything I think he needs to be more aggressive, attacking and risk taking in his play. I think he’s playing very cautiously at Palace, which is understandable, especially with Zaha behaving how he is. But when someone, perhaps not Hodgson at Palace, really let’s the shackles off with him, and instructs him to drive forward, play the audacious pass, have a go from distance, and not fear failure, not to play it safe, etc, I think everything will see him for the world star he really can be. And he’ll be starting for England.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:48]

"But I genuinely think he has something they don’t. The way he moves past players with the ball is so rare. It’s effortless. It’s like he tilts the pitch in his favour and away for others when he moves. He’s skiing downhill when it looks like others are trudging up hill."

Love this.!
Love the way he cuddles the ball with his feet. An example of this was when he won the first penalty at Hull last season. Picked the ball up from the edge of our penalty box and ran diagonally across the pitch accompanied by 3 Hull players who were unable lay a finger on him and when finally they did the result was a penalty.

So good to see him continue his progress. Sad that he no longer plays for us.
Eze on 09:06 - Jan 31 with 2136 viewsMyke

Eze on 08:16 - Jan 31 by GroveR

There's all of that but the thing that stood out for me was the confidence in using the "weaker" left foot. He's clearly been told you might get one split-second in 90mins, you can't be fannying around trying to work it back into your favourite foot.

Watching individuals this season i can't help thinking we're very one-footed.

It's not just us, so many very-well paid players are one-footed. I was watching West Brom v Fulham yesterday (I'm in hospital and was VERY bored) The amount of goal-scoring opportunities spurned by either side because they had to check back was remarkable. Even Salah does it all the time.
My son plays hurling, and once he began to train with the County, the coached ensured they could play off both sides. I don't understand how more time is not spent coaching players to use their weaker leg
Eze on 10:21 - Jan 31 with 2066 viewsNorthantsHoop

For me, he was just a joy to watch from my seat in the upper loft in a QPR shirt for the 2 and a bit seasons from when he got into the first team. He has that ability to use his body and deft footwork to shimmy past players, the goal he scored yesterday an example of that piece of his game. I will continue to watch his progress with much interest.
Eze on 13:19 - Jan 31 with 1944 viewsTacticalR

Eze on 19:28 - Jan 30 by Northernr

What I would say about the goal is it's a fierce, fierce hit. We knew all about the touch,the shoulder drop, the eye for space, that's not new. But I do think his shooting has improved a lot. Early days in our first team, I remember writing about this after the Boreham Wood defeat, his shooting wasn't where it needed to be. It was always too clever, trying to do too much, it didn't have that Taarabt ability to be cute when cute was required, but to put some fcking minge round it when minge was required. That's changed, this one is past the keeper before he even knows it's happened. It makes the keeper look daft, I'm sure non-goalkeeper pundits will call him on it, but it's hit like a shell, and I don't recall many goals from Eze for us like that? Maybe Sheff Utd H and Bolton A? But they weren't that purely, fiercely struck. I used to consider it a bit of a weak spot.

Another little bit of genius is that when he receives the ball he feints slightly to the right, making the defender think Eze is going to shift the ball to the right. Instead Eze cushions the ball, and hits it.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Eze on 13:50 - Jan 31 with 1887 viewsterryb

Eze on 13:19 - Jan 31 by TacticalR

Another little bit of genius is that when he receives the ball he feints slightly to the right, making the defender think Eze is going to shift the ball to the right. Instead Eze cushions the ball, and hits it.

I love that we still regard him in such esteem.

There have been few players who I've had an interest in after they left us, but I will be interested in him until his career ends!

I even regard him as a Rangers legend. Not for the brilliance of his play (though that was of a very high standard), but for how he conducted himself on & off the pitch. Especially during the period when we all knew he was leaving.
Eze on 15:01 - Jan 31 with 1826 viewsPinnerPaul

Very nice goal.

Who WAS that idiot who said he was struggling at Palace?
Eze on 15:07 - Jan 31 with 1817 viewsHantsR

Eze on 13:50 - Jan 31 by terryb

I love that we still regard him in such esteem.

There have been few players who I've had an interest in after they left us, but I will be interested in him until his career ends!

I even regard him as a Rangers legend. Not for the brilliance of his play (though that was of a very high standard), but for how he conducted himself on & off the pitch. Especially during the period when we all knew he was leaving.

Absolutely agree, the same with me. I've made a point of trying to watch all Palarse games since he joined them, mostly focusing on his play each time. I really like the guy, on and off the pitch as you say.
Eze on 17:28 - Jan 31 with 1754 viewsTGRRRSSS

I know it was a wrong call in the current circumstances but I was pleased to see him at Rangers for that game a few weeks back.
Eze on 17:38 - Jan 31 with 1739 viewsMyke

Eze on 17:28 - Jan 31 by TGRRRSSS

I know it was a wrong call in the current circumstances but I was pleased to see him at Rangers for that game a few weeks back.

Scoring the winner yesterday will ensure no residual bad feeling with the manager or fans. The fact that they had no outbreak as a result helped too
Eze on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 1699 viewsBAWHoops

Unfortunately for Eze he plays in a position that is absolutely stacked with options when it comes to England.

We play 343 with Kane as the focal of that front 3. Either side of him you can chose from
Sterling
Grealish
Rashford
Sancho
Maddison
Foden
Barnes
Hudson-Odoi
Saka
Greenwood
all of whom have been capped by Southgate and have more experience than Eze at the top level.
Next cab off the rank is arguably Harrison and then it's Eze

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze on 20:32 - Jan 31 with 1646 viewsMyke

Eze on 19:05 - Jan 31 by BAWHoops

Unfortunately for Eze he plays in a position that is absolutely stacked with options when it comes to England.

We play 343 with Kane as the focal of that front 3. Either side of him you can chose from
Sterling
Grealish
Rashford
Sancho
Maddison
Foden
Barnes
Hudson-Odoi
Saka
Greenwood
all of whom have been capped by Southgate and have more experience than Eze at the top level.
Next cab off the rank is arguably Harrison and then it's Eze

We could de-congest things a bit by taking Grealish off your hands...
Eze on 09:57 - Feb 1 with 1562 viewsterryb

Perhaps Eze will play for Nigeria?

I think I recall from his interview with Ned that he has dual qualification.
Eze on 10:12 - Feb 1 with 1533 viewsjohncharles

Good move for him to Palace. Roy Hodgeson is a good coach and a good tactician. He’s also a patient level headed guy. Just the sort of manager that a talented young lad needs

Strong and stable my arse.

Eze on 10:44 - Feb 1 with 1470 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Has he any long lost Welsh grandparents?
Eze on 11:30 - Feb 1 with 1437 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting analysis - he did of course score a goal with a very similar shot in the 3-2 win over Luton, so it's not that it wasn't in his arsenal.
I actually totally disagree with you about Adel though - I am the exact opposite. He was ALWAYS trying to smash it, and he generally missed. When he went for placement he was much more accurate and successful. See goals v Cardiff, Scunthorpe, West Ham, Fulham (at home) as examples. I thought it was a real weak spot that he too often tried to burst the net. Interesting you thought the opposite!

Bare bones.

Eze on 11:59 - Feb 1 with 1388 views100percent

Eze on 10:12 - Feb 1 by johncharles

Good move for him to Palace. Roy Hodgeson is a good coach and a good tactician. He’s also a patient level headed guy. Just the sort of manager that a talented young lad needs

I have to humbly disagree with this. I don't think Hodgson is a progressive manager at all. I think he concentrates too much on not losing rather than winning. I think this leads to creative players being stifled and forced into a specific technical role within boundaries. I also thinks he only allows any flair to be channeled through zaha, who is often petulant and IMO is a poor role model for someone like Eze. I'd like to see Eze under a manager that allows him more space and time to develop his abilities....
Eze on 12:07 - Feb 1 with 1372 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze on 11:59 - Feb 1 by 100percent

I have to humbly disagree with this. I don't think Hodgson is a progressive manager at all. I think he concentrates too much on not losing rather than winning. I think this leads to creative players being stifled and forced into a specific technical role within boundaries. I also thinks he only allows any flair to be channeled through zaha, who is often petulant and IMO is a poor role model for someone like Eze. I'd like to see Eze under a manager that allows him more space and time to develop his abilities....

Zaha is a great role model for Eze imo. A proper leader of that team s you can see from results whenhe doesnt play. From what they've said about each other they already have a good relationship.

Bare bones.

Eze on 13:58 - Feb 1 with 1294 viewsrobith

Eze on 11:59 - Feb 1 by 100percent

His job is to keep a fairly limited Palace team in the Prem every year, so focuses on being well drilled and tough to beat, I don't think tat's unreasonable.

I think it was a good first move for Eze to the Prem, cos the team is very organised so he'll have a clarity of focus to his role which will help, and doesn't have the pressure of being the creative fulcrum yet.

Don't get why Zaha is a bad role model either. Here is a player who never gets the move he wants, second most fouled player in the league, one to the biggest recipients of racist abuse on social media, and yet pretty much every year he shows up for near enough the full complement of games, club's top PL goalscorer, fan's player of the year three years running - sounds like someone Eze could learn a lot from, non?
Eze on 14:14 - Feb 1 with 1272 viewsWestbourneR

Hodgson is an exceptional manager. He's done such a good job at Palace.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze on 16:44 - Feb 1 with 1200 viewsjohncharles

Eze on 10:44 - Feb 1 by Welsh_Ranger

Has he any long lost Welsh grandparents?

W T F 😱😱😱 I down arrowed !
Makes no difference, he’s obviously of Welsh decent.

Strong and stable my arse.

Eze on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 1169 views100percent

Eze on 13:58 - Feb 1 by robith

His job is to keep a fairly limited Palace team in the Prem every year, so focuses on being well drilled and tough to beat, I don't think tat's unreasonable.

I think it was a good first move for Eze to the Prem, cos the team is very organised so he'll have a clarity of focus to his role which will help, and doesn't have the pressure of being the creative fulcrum yet.

Don't get why Zaha is a bad role model either. Here is a player who never gets the move he wants, second most fouled player in the league, one to the biggest recipients of racist abuse on social media, and yet pretty much every year he shows up for near enough the full complement of games, club's top PL goalscorer, fan's player of the year three years running - sounds like someone Eze could learn a lot from, non?

Good post.
it's probably more of a personal disliking - I think his tactics are negative - very little to enjoy about his style of play.
I think I would rather have seen Eze have a manager that would have let him loose rather than keep him drilled to a restricted position - as someone mentioned earlier, Eze is one of those players that I really hope goes on to be as amazing as we believe he can be.
Again, the zaha stuff is probably more personal views, based on his off field antics and the way he whinges and moans all the time on the pitch. I think zaha is his own biggest fan. Obviously the racism is absolutely despicable and has no place in football or the wider society.
It does look as if he and a number of the other palarse players are putting a caring arm around the shoulders of Eze, which is good to see....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024