Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd kane and his crosses 17:55 - Mar 6 with 3295 viewsqpr_1968

how many assists has kane got this season.

for all his bad crosses, has he made up for it in assists.
i am a kane fan, he does put in a good few crosses per game, or a few good crosses, take the rough with the smooth.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:09 - Mar 6 with 2407 viewsgazza1

Great cross today for the goal, he needs to do it a lot more but fair play to him overall this season. A good team player, works very hard indeed.
Todd kane and his crosses on 18:12 - Mar 6 with 2377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That cross was Bardsley filth at its very finest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:16 - Mar 6 with 2346 viewsStanisgod

It's called the law of averages 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:18 - Mar 6 with 2328 viewsgazza1

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:16 - Mar 6 by Stanisgod

It's called the law of averages 😁

I would hate to think what he 'law of average is'.......1 in 5 maybe less.
Todd kane and his crosses on 18:24 - Mar 6 with 2300 viewsqpr_1968

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:12 - Mar 6 by BrianMcCarthy

That cross was Bardsley filth at its very finest.

lets hope he turns out to be another bardsley.
can remember bardsley getting stick when he first came to us, including from my best mate.
one night game i said to him, just watch/concentrate on bardsley tonight and the work he puts in, forget about the rest of the team, thats how much i rated him, from that night my mate was hooked, never said a bad word about him.

not saying kane will be another bardsley, different times, and the games changed, but there's potential.

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:43 - Mar 6 with 2227 viewsgazza1

Kane will never be as good as Bardsley - fact!!! Not worth comparing them.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 18:44]
Todd kane and his crosses on 18:48 - Mar 6 with 2178 viewsqpr_1968

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:43 - Mar 6 by gazza1

Kane will never be as good as Bardsley - fact!!! Not worth comparing them.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2021 18:44]

true, would never compare them, but.....in this team compared to the other players is what i mean.

no...kane and bardsley, deffinately not.

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:52 - Mar 6 with 2141 viewsgazza1

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:48 - Mar 6 by qpr_1968

true, would never compare them, but.....in this team compared to the other players is what i mean.

no...kane and bardsley, deffinately not.

Agreed.....I respect Kane because he works 100%, just wish he was a bit more consistent but I suppose if he was he would not be here.
Login to get fewer ads

Todd kane and his crosses on 19:04 - Mar 6 with 2101 viewsQPRSteve

He's beginning to win me over of late.

Considering the awful upbringing he had, he's not doing badly at all now.
Todd kane and his crosses on 19:27 - Mar 6 with 2002 viewsdavman

Todd kane and his crosses on 19:04 - Mar 6 by QPRSteve

He's beginning to win me over of late.

Considering the awful upbringing he had, he's not doing badly at all now.

A fantastic cross. Needs to do it much, much more consistently. Much improvement from him and Wallace today, but they have to do it consistently.

The thing today was how poor Brissle were; they were hardly forcing our wing backs back and both of them are much better going forward than going backward...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Todd kane and his crosses on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 1982 viewsTW_R

4 assists since January. No coincidence that they have come after the change in formation and that he has had someone to aim at in the middle. His crosses aren’t always great but playing 3 at the back has vastly improved his game and confidence.
Todd kane and his crosses on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 1953 viewsBoston

Todd kane and his crosses on 19:32 - Mar 6 by TW_R

4 assists since January. No coincidence that they have come after the change in formation and that he has had someone to aim at in the middle. His crosses aren’t always great but playing 3 at the back has vastly improved his game and confidence.

I doubt it was a 5'2" Chair that he's been told to aim for!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Todd kane and his crosses on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 1953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:24 - Mar 6 by qpr_1968

lets hope he turns out to be another bardsley.
can remember bardsley getting stick when he first came to us, including from my best mate.
one night game i said to him, just watch/concentrate on bardsley tonight and the work he puts in, forget about the rest of the team, thats how much i rated him, from that night my mate was hooked, never said a bad word about him.

not saying kane will be another bardsley, different times, and the games changed, but there's potential.

Great post, and good points made. Of course you're not saying Kane will be another Bardsley, I get that. But I agree with you that there's potential for him to step up a level. Overall, I think he's had a solid season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd kane and his crosses on 20:09 - Mar 6 with 1830 viewsessextaxiboy

He is super fit , plays 90 min twice a week getting up and down the line . Never injured .
Todd kane and his crosses on 20:38 - Mar 6 with 1738 viewsbosh67

For me he is one of the most improved players this season. Comes alive when over the half way line and he's getting better.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Todd kane and his crosses on 20:41 - Mar 6 with 1720 viewsdannyblue

I’ve always been pleased with Kane’s athleticism, ability to stay fit, and his work ethic. I have questioned his footballing ability and in truth for most of his time here he’s struggled to make a 5 yard pass. But his improvement this year has been really great and I’m delighted for him.
Todd kane and his crosses on 21:20 - Mar 6 with 1662 viewsswisscottage

He has a number of qualities to admire.

Excellent first touch
Decent pace
Perseverance
Fitness
Can occasionally put in a fantastic cross
His willingness to take one (yellow) for the team

This balances out his les than admirable qualities:
Inability to beat the first man with half his crosses.
susceptible to getting caught flat footed - resulting in him taking one for the team, or just getting beaten.

The way we're playing plays to his strengths, as three at the back offers more cover for when he does get caught out. But he does struggle when pressed, as opposed to getting acres of space like in todays game or against Watford.

Anyway lots to admire with how he seems to be turning things around from what was a very lacklustre season last year.
Todd kane and his crosses on 21:29 - Mar 6 with 1620 viewssimmo

He's played a few passes in recent weeks that have been exquisite. The ball to Wallace against Brentford the pick of them, but the cross for Austin against Brum, the ball for Dykes on Wednesday and then this one for Chair... He's very sporadic but when he gets it right, it's bang on.

I think he's doing a generally good job pressed into a new position, his touch is especially good - plucks cross field passes out the air and puts it into his stride. Ocassionally does first time passes from them too that are always impressive.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Todd kane and his crosses on 21:36 - Mar 6 with 1599 viewsBklynRanger

I find him completely infuriating most of the time tbh, because he can do that today and other days he literally can't pass it 20 yds along the deck.

I think one of the biggest things Kane has in his favour though is he isn't arrogant about his abilities. Which is rare for a player of his unfortunate pedigree...

Was it the Preston game where he couldn't pick out a player all night? At one point Austin goes out wide, fizzes a great ball across the 6 yard box and tells Todd that's how he wants it. Kane didn't get fcuked off and huff - he tried to do exactly that same ball about 4 mins later. Didn't work but he tried. Still feels he has a lot to learn I think and fair play for that.
Todd kane and his crosses on 21:40 - Mar 6 with 1585 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Todd kane and his crosses on 21:20 - Mar 6 by swisscottage

He has a number of qualities to admire.

Excellent first touch
Decent pace
Perseverance
Fitness
Can occasionally put in a fantastic cross
His willingness to take one (yellow) for the team

This balances out his les than admirable qualities:
Inability to beat the first man with half his crosses.
susceptible to getting caught flat footed - resulting in him taking one for the team, or just getting beaten.

The way we're playing plays to his strengths, as three at the back offers more cover for when he does get caught out. But he does struggle when pressed, as opposed to getting acres of space like in todays game or against Watford.

Anyway lots to admire with how he seems to be turning things around from what was a very lacklustre season last year.

If you'd been posting the same thing about him this time last year a few things on the top list would have been on the bottom list. Particularly fitness and perseverance.

I'd add good character to the top list too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Todd kane and his crosses on 21:52 - Mar 6 with 1542 viewsbakerloo8

Kane has really turned it round this season and fair play to him

He will never be a David Bardsley who was one of the best full backs we've ever had but he is improving, the move to 3 at the back a godsend for him.
Still inconsistent but how hes having as many good games as bad ones, where as before it just seemed bad.
Good work Todd 👌
Todd kane and his crosses on 21:55 - Mar 6 with 1535 viewsqpr_1968

we might even see this one day....with a bit of confidence.

Todd kane and his crosses on 22:20 - Mar 6 with 1448 viewsWatfordR

Todd kane and his crosses on 18:52 - Mar 6 by gazza1

Agreed.....I respect Kane because he works 100%, just wish he was a bit more consistent but I suppose if he was he would not be here.

I have to say a comparison between Bardsley and Kane is perhaps more valid for the start of their careers at QPR. Bardsley could hardly put a foot right to start with. But he showed the character and belief to work through that and become a very classy RB.

Kane may not have the capability to play for England one day, but if he has the inner strength to make the best of himself, he'll do well for us at this level.
Todd kane and his crosses on 23:54 - Mar 6 with 1331 viewsqpr_1968

pretty positive thread chaps......hopefully toddy can build on the last few games.
there is a top player there somewhere.....

Todd kane and his crosses on 00:14 - Mar 7 with 1273 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s sharing top assist spot that’s all I’m saying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024