Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds 20:43 - May 28 with 1596 viewsqprxtc

No one would have believed that at the height of “punk” this insane bastard would outlive all that anarchical bollox.

But still they come.

As Ben Dover once said to a Martian from CBS.

Wait for a couple of years, said CBS man, until Sexpeople for antpepple.

Uuuuuuuuulaaa.

Foerever Autumn send into a spin by Thunder Child.

It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 21:07 - May 28 with 1541 viewsswisscottage

I loved it as a teenager, and I still love it to this day 40 years on.
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds (n/t) on 21:17 - May 28 with 1529 viewsdezzar

[Post edited 29 May 2021 12:02]
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 21:19 - May 28 with 1526 viewsLythamR

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 21:07 - May 28 by swisscottage

I loved it as a teenager, and I still love it to this day 40 years on.

Yes loved it, still love the original with Burton, Lynott, Essex and Hayward. in my opinion they completely butchered it with the more recent version with Liam Neilson and screwed the music with all the extra Zappy and whoosy effects
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 21:33 - May 28 with 1506 viewscolinallcars

I like the theme from Blake's 7 meself.
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:08 - May 28 with 1436 viewsMrSheen

The chances of anyone bidding for Kane are a million to one, he said.
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:24 - May 28 with 1429 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm a headbanger.

However this album is a brilliant composition.

[Post edited 28 May 2021 23:54]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:32 - May 28 with 1419 viewsaston_hoop

Released before I was born but I grew up hearing it and its great

But they're not devils, they're Martians!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:50 - May 28 with 1399 viewsMetallica_Hoop

*coughs* Spewed this.

[Post edited 28 May 2021 23:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:50 - May 28 with 1399 viewsToast_R

Went to the Immersive experience in London couple of years back. Very well done. The Red Weed bar was where its at.

The album is a classic and Phil Lynott stole the show.

The voice of the Devil is heard in our land!

Be on your guard I said, for the evil one never rests.
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 23:56 - May 28 with 1385 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 01:32 - May 29 with 1322 viewsBoston

'antpepple'...spelling mistake or would we have a mutual acquaintance?
[Post edited 29 May 2021 1:33]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 07:33 - May 29 with 1214 viewsJuzzie

Star Wars was released in 1977, the height of punk. The one thing most people agree on is its music. A full symphonic orchestral score was unheard of back then and really groundbreaking.
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 08:02 - May 29 with 1193 viewsdavman

Thought I'd read a classic a few years back and chose the War of the Worlds. An excellent example of word usage that has changed over the years when the main guy was trying to clear some flats out: "a woman came to the door and behind her, a man, in a dressing gown ejaculating"...

Seems that has a different meaning...
[Post edited 29 May 2021 10:55]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 08:30 - May 29 with 1158 viewsdistortR

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 08:02 - May 29 by davman

Thought I'd read a classic a few years back and chose the War of the Worlds. An excellent example of word usage that has changed over the years when the main guy was trying to clear some flats out: "a woman came to the door and behind her, a man, in a dressing gown ejaculating"...

Seems that has a different meaning...
[Post edited 29 May 2021 10:55]

hence the bit "but still, they came"
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 08:48 - May 29 with 1147 viewsngbqpr

Could've posted this on the Frankie thread.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 10:29 - May 29 with 1096 viewsChurchie

Brilliant
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 11:55 - May 30 with 902 viewsthemodfather

i went to one of the war of the world shows at the dominion 5yrs ago, they had a space ship and alien pop up, not bad and lasers etc but at the o2, they had the tripods walking into the crowd! missed that .....hated the newer tv bbc version, i understand they have to find a new twist but all that lovey dovey , no!
Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 07:57 - May 31 with 789 viewsdistortR

Jeff Wayne’s musical version of The War of the Worlds on 11:55 - May 30 by themodfather

i went to one of the war of the world shows at the dominion 5yrs ago, they had a space ship and alien pop up, not bad and lasers etc but at the o2, they had the tripods walking into the crowd! missed that .....hated the newer tv bbc version, i understand they have to find a new twist but all that lovey dovey , no!

it was shocking, with it's non too subtle lecturing thrown in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024