Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That one special QPR memory.... 10:30 - Jul 26 with 1746 views80s_Boy

I went to see a play called 'After Life' on Saturday and the main premise was that those who pass away have to choose one memory to live through for all eternity. Quite thought provoking at times...

What would be that ONE QPR memory you would want to take with you for eternity?

It doesn't have to be the obvious ones like '67, '68, '76 etc, etc, but can be anything that means a lot to you.
That one special QPR memory.... on 10:49 - Jul 26 with 1686 viewsozexile

This will probably change for me every day. But today it's Tarrabt's goal against Swansea.
That one special QPR memory.... on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 1669 views80s_Boy

Mine would be the 3-2 against Liverpool in 89/90.

I was going through some difficult times in other parts of my life and the happiness this result brought was immense.
That one special QPR memory.... on 10:57 - Jul 26 with 1653 viewsloftboy

Far too many to choose, would it be Leroy putting in the 6th against the scum,Samson scoring against Arsenal or the last minute own goal at Anfield. Or Zamora.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

That one special QPR memory.... on 11:00 - Jul 26 with 1646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Listening to Wolves v Liverpool '76 on the radio with my Dad and both of us crying afterwards.

Bonded for life.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

That one special QPR memory.... on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 1634 viewslightwaterhoop

Paul Furlongs goal against Wigan in 2004.The last game my Dad went to.He was suffering from early dementia and i knew i would'nt be able to go with him again and i was desperate to go out on a winning note.I will never forget the smile on his face when Furlong got that winner in the 85th minute.
That one special QPR memory.... on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 1627 viewsLythamR

so many to choose from but on a few minutes reflection i have settled on QPR 5 Birmingham 2 (Rodney hatrick)
That one special QPR memory.... on 11:05 - Jul 26 with 1620 viewsQPRSteve

I was at the '67 League Cup Final but my choice would be between two games against the Scum - the 6-0 thrashing and the 1-0 9 men win when the atmosphere was something else.
That one special QPR memory.... on 11:29 - Jul 26 with 1566 viewsBazzeR

72/3 promotion season,last home game against Fulham.

The teams came out for the warm up and Terry Mancini disguised himself with a wig,don’t think anybody knew who he was until it fell off.
Won 2-0
Login to get fewer ads

That one special QPR memory.... on 11:32 - Jul 26 with 1555 viewsOutWestR

Doing the conga down the pitch at Gary Waddock's testimonial, while the match was still being played.
That one special QPR memory.... on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 1465 viewsdsw2509

Easy for me. Sansom’s goal against Arsenal. I close my eyes and I can see it now.
That one special QPR memory.... on 12:55 - Jul 26 with 1451 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ever since he came to England, my dad always wanted to go to an FA Cup Final.

So I’m going ask for everything from just before Clive Allen scored to the moment after the ref blew for full time, when individually and collectively we all twigged we were going to an FA Cup final. My dad went bananas like never before.

Possible cheeky insertion for a little taster from the third minute when Bobby Hazell won that first and all important header against Regis. Lofted high from John Wile at the back, the significance was not lost on the outcome this key battleground so early in the game. Shouldn’t have worried: Bobby sent the ball and Regis back whence they came. The old man grabbed me in a near demented fury: ‘We’ve got ‘em!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

That one special QPR memory.... on 13:08 - Jul 26 with 1421 viewskernowhoop

Stan Bowles' goal against Leeds in 1976. I couldn't even see the ball going in - too many other heads and shoulders. I was behind the goal at the Loftus Road end; saw Stan cutting in and could sense what he was going to do. After that, rather a lot of noise. There could be no doubt that he had put us 2-0 up in a game that had to be won.
That one special QPR memory.... on 13:10 - Jul 26 with 1416 viewsterryb

I know I'm not allowed two, but I'm giving both anyway! One on the pitch & one of it.

Following the win at Fulham in 1972 when Paul Went tried to maim Martyn Busby for life. This happened on a Tuesday night, but before the Saturday match Dave Thomas had been signed. What a statement from John Gregory that was!

Winning away to Ipswich in October 1983. I moved there in '74 & had been waiting for this moment since that day. What's more, we were superb that day!
That one special QPR memory.... on 13:24 - Jul 26 with 1383 viewsEsox_Lucius

The last minutes before running on the pitch at Villa Park after we were promoted to the 1st division for the first time in our history by 0.039 of a goal. Crying my eyes out, not even caring where my mates dad was (he was driving) and just wanting to stand by Rodney as he was being stripped of everything but his jock strap and chaired around the pitch. The journey back to London would have to be in it too as it was a never to be forgotten day in my young life.

The grass is always greener.

That one special QPR memory.... on 13:40 - Jul 26 with 1357 viewsTomS

Wemberlee 1982. FA Cup final. Extra time, and the plucky underdogs are one down against a team from the division ahead of them.

Stainrod takes a long throw-in close to their corner flag on the left hand side, Hazell is at the front post and, in a clearly pre-conceived training pitch routine, wins the ball in the air and heads it backwards along the face of the goal to the back post, where Fenwick rushes in and heads it past Clemence for the equaliser.

Pan... de....monium..... in our house. Thinking about all these years on still brings an impulsive smile to my face.
That one special QPR memory.... on 13:55 - Jul 26 with 1325 viewsslmrstid

Hillsborough 2004. I've had many wonderful moments since with QPR but I don't think anything will ever match the intensity of it when you're 14 as I was then.
That one special QPR memory.... on 14:31 - Jul 26 with 1278 viewsdmm

After Life is actually a Japanese film made in 1998. I saw it many years ago and have since found it on Youtube - free to view and I've linked it below. It is a remarkable film and really rather profound.

I hadn't realised it had been made into a theatre production but can imagine it would work well on stage.

That one special QPR memory.... on 14:37 - Jul 26 with 1266 views80s_Boy

That one special QPR memory.... on 14:31 - Jul 26 by dmm

After Life is actually a Japanese film made in 1998. I saw it many years ago and have since found it on Youtube - free to view and I've linked it below. It is a remarkable film and really rather profound.

I hadn't realised it had been made into a theatre production but can imagine it would work well on stage.

Thanks for sharing that. I had read that it was a film but I haven't seen it and would like to.

It's on at The National Theatre ( https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/after-life ) and I gave it 3 out of 5. The production was fantastic (Headlong always make great theatre) but as a play I don't think it worked as well as it could have done to be honest.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2021 14:38]
That one special QPR memory.... on 16:15 - Jul 26 with 1159 viewswood_hoop

04 April 1995, lost to Blackburn 0-1, but the first game took my daughter to ( 8 years old)

A, night game, her birthday a couple of days before, I had phoned the club and arranged for it to appear on the old dot mattrix board above the school end without telling her.

Went into the club shop beforehand , I gave her the freedom to buy what ever she wanted as a present , a T-shirt with 2 matchstick figures one bigger than the other with 'Me and my Dad support QPR' written underneath was her choice.

She was so awestruck when entering the ground, the lights, the singing, being so close to the players.

At half time her name duly appeared,rolling across the board a few times, the smile and joy that was spread right across her face will live with me forever.

Still got the t shirt in a frame, such a lovely reminder of a beautiful night even though we lost.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024