Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions 14:29 - Jul 17 with 7035 viewsSharpy36

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/qpr-business-with-lee-hoos-part-one-1707

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 14:55 - Jul 17 with 5198 viewsLunarJetman

Unless he discusses the bogs in Ellerslie Road I’m not interested…
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 14:55]
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 15:28 - Jul 17 with 5123 views80s_Boy

I don't know what it is but he always seems to rub me up the wrong way...

Anyway, a few thoughts...

1) If the board are genuinely looking at the possibility of a new stadium - and I'm not convinced that they are - this fixation on staying in W12 could cost us substantially down the line. The longer we take to understand that moving to W3, W5 or W13, for example, won't kill the club the more we will likely have to spend on land.

The only explanation I can think of for this stubborn 'Only W12' is that they have trademarks in place which will be undermined if they move outside the postcode. For years we were a 'West London club' and only over the last few years have we become so synonymous with W12...

2) I appreciate that we're trying to be a club for 'everyone' but to me it's clear that he wanted to tell the deaf fan that what they are doing is all they can and he shouldn't expect anymore. There is nothing wrong in admitting to people that their expectations of what they should expect from the club far exceed what the club is able to do.

3) The sooner we find a consensus and consistency about finances in football the better. It seemed to me that the club are exasperated - but pragmatic - with the lack of the former and the need to establish set rules which all need to obey and the penalties for not doing so are clearly written and understood.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 16:22 - Jul 17 with 4978 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 15:28 - Jul 17 by 80s_Boy

1) If the board are genuinely looking at the possibility of a new stadium - and I'm not convinced that they are - this fixation on staying in W12 could cost us substantially down the line. The longer we take to understand that moving to W3, W5 or W13, for example, won't kill the club the more we will likely have to spend on land.

The only explanation I can think of for this stubborn 'Only W12' is that they have trademarks in place which will be undermined if they move outside the postcode. For years we were a 'West London club' and only over the last few years have we become so synonymous with W12...

2) I appreciate that we're trying to be a club for 'everyone' but to me it's clear that he wanted to tell the deaf fan that what they are doing is all they can and he shouldn't expect anymore. There is nothing wrong in admitting to people that their expectations of what they should expect from the club far exceed what the club is able to do.

3) The sooner we find a consensus and consistency about finances in football the better. It seemed to me that the club are exasperated - but pragmatic - with the lack of the former and the need to establish set rules which all need to obey and the penalties for not doing so are clearly written and understood.

I didn't get that impression at all from the deaf fan segment. Hoos literally says "looking at it, I would agree with you, we don't do enough".

What I would comment though is that if that's all there was to that fan's letter then presenting it seemed as much about illustrating the sort of frustratingly irate comms they get as it was addressing the specific issue at hand (which without further details provided, they weren't really able to do - although Hoos doesn't say what he saw that he acknowledges wasn't enough either).

It's a shame he spent more time on taking a broad swipe at the club's inclusivity than making his point. Kinda ties back to what was said on here recently about the Stan action group not being constructive despite well-meaning.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 16:29 - Jul 17 with 4973 views80s_Boy

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 16:22 - Jul 17 by rsonist

I didn't get that impression at all from the deaf fan segment. Hoos literally says "looking at it, I would agree with you, we don't do enough".

What I would comment though is that if that's all there was to that fan's letter then presenting it seemed as much about illustrating the sort of frustratingly irate comms they get as it was addressing the specific issue at hand (which without further details provided, they weren't really able to do - although Hoos doesn't say what he saw that he acknowledges wasn't enough either).

It's a shame he spent more time on taking a broad swipe at the club's inclusivity than making his point. Kinda ties back to what was said on here recently about the Stan action group not being constructive despite well-meaning.

That 'I agree, we'll look into it' is, in my opinion, straight from page one of customer service when you pay lip service. It's something I've been trained to say over the years and now, managing my own team, get my team to use similar 'leave us alone' tactics but maybe, on this occasion, it was genuine.

Totally agree with your last point though. If you're that bothered about the issue use the platform to explain what they could be doing differently or in addition to. As you say, it seemed a petty swipe at the club rather than anything designed to assist where they maybe a lack of knowledge/understanding.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 16:48 - Jul 17 with 4899 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 16:29 - Jul 17 by 80s_Boy

That 'I agree, we'll look into it' is, in my opinion, straight from page one of customer service when you pay lip service. It's something I've been trained to say over the years and now, managing my own team, get my team to use similar 'leave us alone' tactics but maybe, on this occasion, it was genuine.

Totally agree with your last point though. If you're that bothered about the issue use the platform to explain what they could be doing differently or in addition to. As you say, it seemed a petty swipe at the club rather than anything designed to assist where they maybe a lack of knowledge/understanding.

Yeah, I'm just not really sure what else Hoos could have said there. Personally I would probably have not brought it up at all, done my best to gather info and iron it out in private, and maybe then presented something to the fanbase - but that could be construed as slimy PR too if so inclined.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 04:55 - Jul 18 with 4463 viewsrbee

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 15:28 - Jul 17 by 80s_Boy

I do like Lee Hoos and think he has been very good for our club.

PNS in its current form is bad for the game in my opinion. It attempts to create a level playing field which rarely happens in real life. Each club should be governed separately and allowed to lose money if that money is proven to exist and is then ring fenced under PNS rules.

PNS restricts an owners ambitions and their ability to make a profit if that is their ultimate aim which overall cannot be good for the game as some owners will eventually quit.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 4:56]
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 10:13 - Jul 18 with 4193 viewsstevec

Where was the platform to ask Lee Hoos these questions?

My son and I finally managed to get an aisle seat amongst our season tickets but it’s noticeable that whilst aisle seats are gold dust there are huge swathes of unsold seats that are not on the aisles.

No one expects the club to spend 60 mill on LR for a 750k return per season, but you’d think they could come up with seat backs that provide a better experience.

Speak to any fans of other London clubs and I find they all know of the appalling lack of leg room at LR.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 10:42 - Jul 18 with 4146 viewsLythamR

I cant see any transcript of this video which is a shame, just wondering how deaf people are supposed to understand the response to the deaf question?
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 11:07 - Jul 18 with 4100 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 10:42 - Jul 18 by LythamR

I cant see any transcript of this video which is a shame, just wondering how deaf people are supposed to understand the response to the deaf question?

Mentions there that captions are auto-generated on Facebook content.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 11:18 - Jul 18 with 4074 viewsdmm

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 10:13 - Jul 18 by stevec

Where was the platform to ask Lee Hoos these questions?

My son and I finally managed to get an aisle seat amongst our season tickets but it’s noticeable that whilst aisle seats are gold dust there are huge swathes of unsold seats that are not on the aisles.

No one expects the club to spend 60 mill on LR for a 750k return per season, but you’d think they could come up with seat backs that provide a better experience.

Speak to any fans of other London clubs and I find they all know of the appalling lack of leg room at LR.

There was a page on the offish nearly a month ago.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 12:36 - Jul 18 with 3943 viewsstevec

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 11:18 - Jul 18 by dmm

There was a page on the offish nearly a month ago.

Ah cheers. Thinking about it reckon I get practically all QPR media news only off this site these days. Aside of tickets barely look at the offish!
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 12:39 - Jul 18 with 3936 viewsjeffranger

Part 2 is about digital tickets
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 12:39 - Jul 18 with 3936 viewsLythamR

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 11:07 - Jul 18 by rsonist

Mentions there that captions are auto-generated on Facebook content.

yeah i heard that because i can hear but what if i am hearing impaired? and its on the official site not facebook!
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 14:05 - Jul 18 with 3793 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 12:39 - Jul 18 by LythamR

yeah i heard that because i can hear but what if i am hearing impaired? and its on the official site not facebook!

I agree it would be optimal if every single piece of content the club produced were transcribed and signed.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 14:26 - Jul 18 with 3744 viewsterryb

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 12:39 - Jul 18 by jeffranger

Part 2 is about digital tickets

I like Lee Hoos & believe that he has been exceptional for the club in his role.

However, I found his answer to the digital ticketing blase! I think the question was asked by a Guardian journalist (Peter Hamm) & I doubt if he would consider the reply sufficient.

It definitely won't ease the fear of fans as to how it will operate. We are now less than three weeks away from the Millwall match & I'm not aware that any of us know the proceedure & how to access entry with our phones.

I do think this information is a priority for the club to impart.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 14:37 - Jul 18 with 3710 viewsPikey

I was warming to the man but found his digital answer dismissive and arrogant. The rs dont HAVE to go that way. It's their choice. He can say covid is driving it thats nonsense. He is driving it and like many on the last 18 months using covid tk justify it. It is not inevitable
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 15:17 - Jul 18 with 3629 viewscaliforniahoop

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 10:42 - Jul 18 by LythamR

Oi, stop it, lol! Think he’s doing a fine job, these can’t be driven by sentiment!!
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions (n/t) on 08:03 - Jul 20 with 2918 viewsLoftgirl

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 15:17 - Jul 18 by californiahoop

Oi, stop it, lol! Think he’s doing a fine job, these can’t be driven by sentiment!!

[Post edited 20 Jul 2021 8:05]
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 08:20 - Jul 20 with 2881 viewsNorthernr

I've got Lee for the Patreon in the September international break so if you've got stuff you didn't think was answered, or not answered well enough, here please let me know...
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:31 - Jul 20 with 2780 viewsterryb

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 08:20 - Jul 20 by Northernr

I've got Lee for the Patreon in the September international break so if you've got stuff you didn't think was answered, or not answered well enough, here please let me know...

Hopefully by September, the digital ticketing will have proved to be easy to access & working well. If not, you may not be able to get past the first question!

I believe I quoted the wrong name for the person who asked LH the question that he answered as I think it was Michael Hamm (I stated Peter). If I'm correct, is he not a Guardian journalist & was co host of "It's round & it's white" with Tom Watt?
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:32 - Jul 20 with 2780 viewsGloryHunter

Ask him why he said he wouldn't be at QPR in 10 years time.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:45 - Jul 20 with 2762 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:32 - Jul 20 by GloryHunter

Ask him why he said he wouldn't be at QPR in 10 years time.

Probably because he'll be 69 years old at that point...
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:46 - Jul 20 with 2759 viewsParkRoyalR

I'll check the Off'ish but if they haven't, really would be good to get a response on the seat back / improving the seats question - I'm sure there's a low cost solution.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 09:48 - Jul 20 with 2756 views80s_Boy

Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 14:37 - Jul 18 by Pikey

I was warming to the man but found his digital answer dismissive and arrogant. The rs dont HAVE to go that way. It's their choice. He can say covid is driving it thats nonsense. He is driving it and like many on the last 18 months using covid tk justify it. It is not inevitable

He is incredibly arrogant and his answer showed his true colours.

There should be a straight choice regarding physical or digital tickets rather than the process he has put in place.
Lee Hoos answers fans' questions on 11:07 - Jul 20 with 2683 viewsPinnerPaul

Amazing how we read/see/hear different things.

Didn't come across as arrogant at all to me.

As a CEO, any CEO, yes he has to listen to fans/customers/staff but at the end of the day he has to make decisions on what is best for the club/shareholders/company.

Some of those answers are not going to please ALL fans/staff/shareholders - that's an inevitability.

Some things I agreed 100% with - gambling sponsorship for example, some things I didn't - digital ticketing - but arrogant? - No not for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024