Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 21:39 - Jul 12 with 5790 viewsHarrovian

Wednesday 21st July
Kick Off 7pm

Tickets on sale at

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/harrowborough/news/qpr-tickets-on-sale-2625827.ht

[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 2:25]
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:19 - Jul 18 with 4265 viewsOxheyR

Thanks for the link, anyone going or any idea what the squad will be for this friendly?

Harrow Boro would love to see plenty of Rangers support on Wednesday evening which will obviously support them as well
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:15 - Jul 18 with 4203 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:19 - Jul 18 by OxheyR

Thanks for the link, anyone going or any idea what the squad will be for this friendly?

Harrow Boro would love to see plenty of Rangers support on Wednesday evening which will obviously support them as well

Is Remy available for this one? Ha ha.

I just bought two tickets. Not sure which two are going yet.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 23:15]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:43 - Jul 18 with 4169 viewsLazyFan

Methinks it is a rare chance to see the lesser spotted near-extinct Todd Kane.

zzzzzzzzzz

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:54 - Jul 18 with 4156 viewsChrisGuy

Tickets are still available for this match from the link above.
This may be a chance for many of us to see a lot of the Under 23 squad in the flesh for the first time.

There may even be a contingent of first team players getting a run out following the Gillingham postponement.

Either way it should be a good night, there have always been strong links between the two clubs, our 1995-96 Football Combination Championship winning side played their home fixtures at Earlsmead

Among the players to have played for both sides are Albert Adomah, Ian Stewart and Gavin Maguire.
Micky Tomkys arguably the most successful managers in the history of Harrow Borough played for Rangers between 1951 and 1959.

Our last visit to Earlsmead was almost ten years ago to the day - a 1-0 win on 15/7/2011
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 16:47 - Jul 19 with 3763 viewsFrankRightguard

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:54 - Jul 18 by ChrisGuy

This may be a chance for many of us to see a lot of the Under 23 squad in the flesh for the first time.

There may even be a contingent of first team players getting a run out following the Gillingham postponement.

Either way it should be a good night, there have always been strong links between the two clubs, our 1995-96 Football Combination Championship winning side played their home fixtures at Earlsmead

Among the players to have played for both sides are Albert Adomah, Ian Stewart and Gavin Maguire.
Micky Tomkys arguably the most successful managers in the history of Harrow Borough played for Rangers between 1951 and 1959.

Our last visit to Earlsmead was almost ten years ago to the day - a 1-0 win on 15/7/2011

Was that the game when a trialist scored a free kick from miles out?
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 17:32 - Jul 19 with 3676 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:54 - Jul 18 by ChrisGuy

Good to see you on here, Chris.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 18:45 - Jul 19 with 3649 viewsdenhamhoop2

I shall be going(well unless I get pinged again) give Todd Kane a boo or two and get to see some of our future players from the U 23s
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 21:17 - Jul 19 with 3537 viewsaston_hoop

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 16:47 - Jul 19 by FrankRightguard

Was that the game when a trialist scored a free kick from miles out?

In all its glory

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 13:53 - Jul 20 with 3343 viewsderbyhoop

Report from U23s game at Man United's training ground now up on Official site.
Lost 6-4 with Ramkilde, Kendall, Armstrong and Adarkwa the scorers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 (n/t) on 14:24 - Jul 20 with 3295 viewsHarrovian

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 14:32 - Jul 20 with 3281 viewswortonranger

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 13:53 - Jul 20 by derbyhoop

Report from U23s game at Man United's training ground now up on Official site.
Lost 6-4 with Ramkilde, Kendall, Armstrong and Adarkwa the scorers.

That's coming down to Earth with a bump for poor old Niko. From EUROS to this
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 19:43 - Jul 21 with 3033 viewsLogman

Starting line-up anyone ? Matchday thread ?
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 3006 viewsdmm

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 19:43 - Jul 21 by Logman

Starting line-up anyone ? Matchday thread ?

This is the best I could find: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/2021-2022/friendly/harrow-borough/queen
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:05 - Jul 21 with 2969 viewsNed_Kennedys

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 19:50 - Jul 21 by dmm

This is the best I could find: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/match/2021-2022/friendly/harrow-borough/queen

Albert started and played first 15 mins. No Kane or any other 1st team squad.
2-0 to us at HT: both good goals and scored by Sean Adarkwa and Charlie Kendall.

Great to be able to watch live football again, with a pint (albeit Fosters) on the terraces 😊
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:16 - Jul 21 with 2901 viewsdenhamhoop2

3 0 Adarkwe gets a his second Kendall looks a decent player
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:33 - Jul 21 with 2795 viewsFrankRightguard

4-0. Aaron Drewe
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:36 - Jul 21 with 2780 viewsterryb

Hopefully Gazza will be a bit happier with this performance!
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:48 - Jul 21 with 2703 viewsdmm

Many thanks for the updates guys. If anyone has the time to post the line up, it would be much appreciated.
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 20:50 - Jul 21 with 2698 viewsgazza1

Yes, a lot happier, more importantly so will the coaching stuff.
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 21:58 - Jul 21 with 2493 viewsFrankRightguard

Didn’t hear the teams being read out but a few observations from the game.

Nice to see Adomah have a sentimental 15 mins against his old team, came out to a guard of honour. Rangers left side looked a handful, didn’t catch either of their names but left back and left side midfielder caused problems. Mema in midfield used the ball well.

Adarkwa took both his goals well, Kendall also took a very smart finish after coming on for Adomah. Drewe goal off the back of a bad mistake.

Sinclair Armstrong came on during a whole raft of second half subs and looks an absolute menace. Booked for diving almost immediately but pace and power aplenty. Would have scored a great goal had it not been for an excellent goal line clearance from the Harrow Borough 15, who was also one of the most bizarrely shaped footballers I’ve ever seen!
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:09 - Jul 21 with 2456 viewswombat

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 21:58 - Jul 21 by FrankRightguard

Didn’t hear the teams being read out but a few observations from the game.

Nice to see Adomah have a sentimental 15 mins against his old team, came out to a guard of honour. Rangers left side looked a handful, didn’t catch either of their names but left back and left side midfielder caused problems. Mema in midfield used the ball well.

Adarkwa took both his goals well, Kendall also took a very smart finish after coming on for Adomah. Drewe goal off the back of a bad mistake.

Sinclair Armstrong came on during a whole raft of second half subs and looks an absolute menace. Booked for diving almost immediately but pace and power aplenty. Would have scored a great goal had it not been for an excellent goal line clearance from the Harrow Borough 15, who was also one of the most bizarrely shaped footballers I’ve ever seen!

Thought Sinclair Armstrong looked very very good pace strong as an ox very ray Jones like to be honest ,
Thought our number 11 looked very handy as well no idea on his name but decent with and without the ball

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:21 - Jul 21 with 2399 viewsFrankRightguard

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:09 - Jul 21 by wombat

Thought Sinclair Armstrong looked very very good pace strong as an ox very ray Jones like to be honest ,
Thought our number 11 looked very handy as well no idea on his name but decent with and without the ball

Hell of a set of shoulders on him! Quite a contrast to their number 15 who is the most out of shape player I’ve seen in many a year!

The 11 was good. Great feet and a couple of excellent balls in.
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:22 - Jul 21 with 2281 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 22:21 - Jul 21 by FrankRightguard

Hell of a set of shoulders on him! Quite a contrast to their number 15 who is the most out of shape player I’ve seen in many a year!

The 11 was good. Great feet and a couple of excellent balls in.

Agreed about their number 15... Although he played ok and made amends for his mistake for our 3rd(?) goal, with a goal line clearance from the impressive Armstrong.

I also liked the look of our diminutive midfielder number 23 who came on second half. If nothing else his shoulders sloped like a footballer.

Best of our lot for me was Joe Gubbins. Tall, assured, composed with the ball in defence and going forward. Loves his Mum. Even stood over a freekick at one stage although Charlie Kendal ended up taking it. A good strike that was deflected over into the car park at the back of the school end. The ball then eagerly retrieved by a little R's fan who'd scampered after it. Thank heavens as I think that all the other spare balls had been lost to the gardens of South Harrow, surrounding the ground.

A good performance all round and well deserved win.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:39 - Jul 21 with 2228 viewsFrankRightguard

Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:22 - Jul 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agreed about their number 15... Although he played ok and made amends for his mistake for our 3rd(?) goal, with a goal line clearance from the impressive Armstrong.

I also liked the look of our diminutive midfielder number 23 who came on second half. If nothing else his shoulders sloped like a footballer.

Best of our lot for me was Joe Gubbins. Tall, assured, composed with the ball in defence and going forward. Loves his Mum. Even stood over a freekick at one stage although Charlie Kendal ended up taking it. A good strike that was deflected over into the car park at the back of the school end. The ball then eagerly retrieved by a little R's fan who'd scampered after it. Thank heavens as I think that all the other spare balls had been lost to the gardens of South Harrow, surrounding the ground.

A good performance all round and well deserved win.

Would have liked to have seen the defence tested a bit more, but all looked comfortable on the ball on what was a very lively pitch.
Harrow Boro v QPR X1 on 23:44 - Jul 21 with 2210 views1JD

A few comments..

Number 11 was the best player on the pitch first half. 2 assists, real talent on the ball. Has been let go by Reading and is on trial. Reminded me of Michael Olise in looks and style, his name is Joseph Ajose.

Sean Adarkwa is a proper unit the new lad signed after being released from West Ham. Looks an upgrade on Mampala who has been let go, not surprised by that based on what I saw last season.

Joe Gubbins is quality on the ball and steps out with real composure and begins many attacks. Needs to be tested more definitely though.

Raheem Conte and Armelindo Mema both look good attacking CM talents. Agree with the comments above about Armstrong, he’s definitely got something. Charley Kendall played right mid (not up top in his usual role) and also looked a good player, great finish also.

Overall, a well deserved 4-0 win (Adarkwa x 2, Kendall, Drewe)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024