Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re cast ?? 10:29 - Jul 1 with 5588 viewsconnell10

New place to watch Rangers vids etc...so how does this work and will it cost me money to use?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Re cast ?? on 10:49 - Jul 1 with 4027 viewsslmrstid

Looks like some app thing you can use for free so long as your happy to be spammed with loads of adverts. Be interested to know the ratio of adverts you have to watch to get X amount of minutes of QPR content.
Re cast ?? on 11:29 - Jul 1 with 3924 viewsrsonist

From the Nathan Barley that brought you Sportlobster.
Re cast ?? on 11:41 - Jul 1 with 3890 viewsrsonist

Jokes aside you can understand the appeal of going more direct-to-consumer from the club's POV. They've done their best to explain so despite "in-app credits" being the instant mood killer it is.

Today of all days not the best to be mocking new tech either:

Re cast ?? on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 3816 views80s_Boy

Phew, it's not just me...

Some questions:

* Is this free for now or for the foreseeable future?

* Will there be full match replays or only extended highlights?

* Will B matches be streamed live?

* Why can't they keep things simple for Technophobes?
Re cast ?? on 15:16 - Jul 1 with 3667 viewsPerthRs

Re cast ?? on 12:47 - Jul 1 by 80s_Boy

Phew, it's not just me...

Some questions:

* Is this free for now or for the foreseeable future?

* Will there be full match replays or only extended highlights?

* Will B matches be streamed live?

* Why can't they keep things simple for Technophobes?

I've just sent the club an email regarding the broadcasting of matches plus highlights etc,

"Please could you advise me on my QPR+ account which is due for renewal on the 29th July 2021, I have no issues in renewing this for the coming season 2021/22, (last season coverage was excellent)
My concern is in regard to the new company/platform, Recast, that will be broadcasting games and highlights throughout the coming season, it already states that it will be showing the preseason friendly matches which I presume will not be offered on the QPR+ option, I would grateful if you could please confirm the above."

I'm not sure if this platform will be able to broadcast games that will be shown on Sky, currently we can't get these games as they are with broadcasters that have and EFL agreement (I live in Australia)

Not sure how there credit system works as I signed up and got 100 free credits and watched a training video and they took 15 credits away, Christ knows how many they would need for a full match.
Re cast ?? on 15:29 - Jul 1 with 3631 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 15:16 - Jul 1 by PerthRs

I've just sent the club an email regarding the broadcasting of matches plus highlights etc,

"Please could you advise me on my QPR+ account which is due for renewal on the 29th July 2021, I have no issues in renewing this for the coming season 2021/22, (last season coverage was excellent)
My concern is in regard to the new company/platform, Recast, that will be broadcasting games and highlights throughout the coming season, it already states that it will be showing the preseason friendly matches which I presume will not be offered on the QPR+ option, I would grateful if you could please confirm the above."

I'm not sure if this platform will be able to broadcast games that will be shown on Sky, currently we can't get these games as they are with broadcasters that have and EFL agreement (I live in Australia)

Not sure how there credit system works as I signed up and got 100 free credits and watched a training video and they took 15 credits away, Christ knows how many they would need for a full match.

Let us know how they reply

That credit system sounds ridiculous!
Re cast ?? on 16:20 - Jul 1 with 3556 viewsrsonist

https://www.sportspromedia.com/interviews/recast-andy-meikle-sports-streaming-to

This is a good general explainer.
Re cast ?? on 16:35 - Jul 1 with 3533 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 16:20 - Jul 1 by rsonist

https://www.sportspromedia.com/interviews/recast-andy-meikle-sports-streaming-to

This is a good general explainer.

Thanks for sharing that though I'm none the wiser.

Can't help think that the club should come out and put it in Layman's terms: 'This is how much it will cost to watch a match'.
Login to get fewer ads

Re cast ?? on 16:37 - Jul 1 with 3528 viewsJuzzie

I had a quick look this morning and it looks to me like you have to work for credits that then get redeemed for things like watching games.

The more you work the more credits you get.

So it's not actually free as such.
Re cast ?? on 16:43 - Jul 1 with 3518 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 16:37 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

I had a quick look this morning and it looks to me like you have to work for credits that then get redeemed for things like watching games.

The more you work the more credits you get.

So it's not actually free as such.

I'll probably join the dodgy streamers if that's the case and you can't simply pay to watch a match in full...
Re cast ?? on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 3487 viewsBklynRanger

Re cast ?? on 16:35 - Jul 1 by 80s_Boy

Thanks for sharing that though I'm none the wiser.

Can't help think that the club should come out and put it in Layman's terms: 'This is how much it will cost to watch a match'.

Yeah I'm afraid I'll need some seriously mind altering drugs to get my head round that, and I'm only a semi-luddite.
Re cast ?? on 17:16 - Jul 1 with 3443 viewsted_hendrix

"The more you work the more credits you get."

WTF, does that mean I have to come out of retirement? when I was working I got paid with money not credits, anyway I've got a bad back so I need a week off work and a sick note.

All sounds a bit neanderthal to me, sort of cave Man like going out everyday hunting for Wildebeest and gibbons to kill and eat with some nice vegetables, turnips are nice.

F uck working for credits.

I might be on the wrong thread, then again who knows.

Walk up

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Re cast ?? on 17:39 - Jul 1 with 3417 viewsMick_S

Re cast ?? on 17:16 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

WTF, does that mean I have to come out of retirement? when I was working I got paid with money not credits, anyway I've got a bad back so I need a week off work and a sick note.

All sounds a bit neanderthal to me, sort of cave Man like going out everyday hunting for Wildebeest and gibbons to kill and eat with some nice vegetables, turnips are nice.

Walk up

I’m with ted. I’m not young and technically lazy so if someone wouldn’t mind - what level of work is expected here?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Re cast ?? on 17:40 - Jul 1 with 3416 viewsBklynRanger

And what happens when people start selling their credits on the black market after a long day's slog underground chiselling credits from the Euston Station substrata?

Or purchasing Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan 8 times instead of Coventry away on a wet Wednesday night?

The club's going to go out of fcuking business is what.
Re cast ?? on 18:15 - Jul 1 with 3357 viewsMatch82

Re cast ?? on 16:43 - Jul 1 by 80s_Boy

I'll probably join the dodgy streamers if that's the case and you can't simply pay to watch a match in full...

Reading that article I got the impression that you could pay directly for any content, or offset that cost in part or in full by watching ads etc
Re cast ?? on 18:52 - Jul 1 with 3293 viewsRog

I'll reserve judgement until I see it but first impression is "nah, that's ficking stupid". Our average fan is at least a generation older than who this stuff is meant for.
Re cast ?? on 18:57 - Jul 1 with 3288 viewsJuzzie

Walk up

I know Ted, it kinda bamboozled me too. I doubt I'll participate because I'm not a twenty-something tik-tok, instagram, influencer, etc etc person.

They'll probably take bitcoin too. "You'd like to live stream this game? That'll be B0.00041 please"

I'll just pay in actual money.

Plus, unlike most twenty somethings, I have two kids and a mortgage so my hands are somewhat full to then be able to do things like watch adverts or recommend friends.
Re cast ?? on 20:30 - Jul 1 with 3182 viewscolinallcars

The faster we go, the rounder we get. I don't understand it at all. What are these games that we can watch on this “platform” ? Surely not league matches as this would be against league rules.
And that's before we get to “work”.
Search me guv.
Re cast ?? on 05:42 - Jul 2 with 3031 viewsPerthRs

Walk up

Like you Ted I’m retired and don’t want to sit in front of my fcuking computer all day just to put a few credits up in the hope that I have enough to watch a game, I’ve had QPR+ since it was started so more than happy with that platform for watching the Rs despite the occasional hiccup.

I went into Recast again today and it requested that I upgrade which I did and it looked no different to when I joined less than 24hrs ago and no increase in credits, we now seem to be getting photos, videos etc. via this Recast does this mean that the official site will start to fade out this info in favour of Recast????

As mentioned in a post above for the games I cannot get from QPR+ I’ll use a dodgy stream and use the club audio as far as I’m concern they can poke this where the sun doesn’t shine.

I’ve not had a response to my email from the club yet but I sent it with a receive and read receipt request and I know this has been received by 8 people at the club.
Re cast ?? on 08:00 - Jul 2 with 2946 views80s_Boy

Re cast ?? on 05:42 - Jul 2 by PerthRs

Like you Ted I’m retired and don’t want to sit in front of my fcuking computer all day just to put a few credits up in the hope that I have enough to watch a game, I’ve had QPR+ since it was started so more than happy with that platform for watching the Rs despite the occasional hiccup.

I went into Recast again today and it requested that I upgrade which I did and it looked no different to when I joined less than 24hrs ago and no increase in credits, we now seem to be getting photos, videos etc. via this Recast does this mean that the official site will start to fade out this info in favour of Recast????

As mentioned in a post above for the games I cannot get from QPR+ I’ll use a dodgy stream and use the club audio as far as I’m concern they can poke this where the sun doesn’t shine.

I’ve not had a response to my email from the club yet but I sent it with a receive and read receipt request and I know this has been received by 8 people at the club.

"don’t want to sit in front of my fcuking computer all day just to put a few credits up in the hope that I have enough to watch a game"

I think the club think that all of us are so obsessed with QPR that we're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the next bland video of Todd Kane attempting the crossbar challenge or Charlie Austin telling us absolutely nothing in a 5 minute 'interview'.

Most people I speak to have no interest knowing the 'personalities' of players and just want to watch matches.
Re cast ?? on 08:39 - Jul 2 with 2899 viewsslmrstid

Re cast ?? on 08:00 - Jul 2 by 80s_Boy

"don’t want to sit in front of my fcuking computer all day just to put a few credits up in the hope that I have enough to watch a game"

I think the club think that all of us are so obsessed with QPR that we're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the next bland video of Todd Kane attempting the crossbar challenge or Charlie Austin telling us absolutely nothing in a 5 minute 'interview'.

Most people I speak to have no interest knowing the 'personalities' of players and just want to watch matches.

Yep this, I'm 32 in a few weeks so possibly just past the whole Tik-Tok etc thing which I dont really get.

But I watch virtually none of the non-match stuff QPR put out. In fact I hardly ever even watch pre/post match stuff either. No time and no real interest in doing so. Just let me watch our 90 minutes, have a little celebration or grumble after depending on the result, then get on with my life until the next 90 minutes are ready to go.
Re cast ?? on 22:54 - Jul 15 with 2416 viewsconnell10

looks shite

Re cast ?? on 05:17 - Jul 16 with 2239 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"The more you work the more credits you get" slogan, sounds a chip off the old ‘Work will set you free’ block!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Re cast ?? on 06:17 - Jul 16 with 2202 viewsArty

Re cast ?? on 05:42 - Jul 2 by PerthRs

Please let us know the response rom the club. Seems a section of the club are alienating the fan base by trying to replace things that aren’t broken. QPR + has the odd hiccup but in the main very good and the old app, on which the ticket wallet worked very well (I used it prior to covid) is now being replaced by an app that won’t be ready by start of season. I too am of retirement age and prefer things as simple as possible. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Re cast ?? on 06:59 - Jul 16 with 2172 viewsconnell10

I wanna watch the Cambridge game on my 17 inch pc but I can't for the life of me find a button to enlarge the picture size , I aint watching matches on my mobile phone!! Looks cheap and nasty to me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024