Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
17th ???? 17:32 - Aug 6 with 2737 viewswood_hoop

Reading round various Championship previews and came across this one, quite interesting ,so so different to how we have percieved our signings and where we may end up the seasons end.

https://www.90min.com/posts/championship-2021-22-season-preview-table-prediction
17th ???? on 17:45 - Aug 6 with 2646 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

17th ???? on 17:45 - Aug 6 with 2646 viewssaxbend

There are some weird things around. I was browsing Ladbrokes odds earlier and they're offering 16/1 for QPR to win the league, and also 16/1 for Derby to get Promoted this season.
17th ???? on 18:00 - Aug 6 with 2568 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Well my take on the 90min.com 'review' was that it it was just lazy and completely ill-informed.

"[QPR's] ninth-placed finish was probably a little generous given their mediocre campaign, and some of their summer business looks to be a little risky. The signings of 32-year-old Charlie Austin and Andre Dozzell - a youngster with very little experience in the Championship - could turn out to be masterstrokes but they could also easily backfire, leaving QPR in a spot of bother."

Absolutely zero knowledge of QPR and, frankly, a pathetic summary.
17th ???? on 18:23 - Aug 6 with 2470 viewsPinnerPaul

17th ???? on 18:00 - Aug 6 by Ashdown_Ranger

Well my take on the 90min.com 'review' was that it it was just lazy and completely ill-informed.

"[QPR's] ninth-placed finish was probably a little generous given their mediocre campaign, and some of their summer business looks to be a little risky. The signings of 32-year-old Charlie Austin and Andre Dozzell - a youngster with very little experience in the Championship - could turn out to be masterstrokes but they could also easily backfire, leaving QPR in a spot of bother."

Dozzell OKish, see the point, but given Charlie's record its hardly a 'gamble' is it?

Might work, might not but that doesn't change the fact that signing someone with his record is not a gamble.

Finally after 46 games you deserve to be where you end up - end of!
17th ???? on 18:26 - Aug 6 with 2451 viewsPinnerPaul

17th ???? on 17:45 - Aug 6 by saxbend

There are some weird things around. I was browsing Ladbrokes odds earlier and they're offering 16/1 for QPR to win the league, and also 16/1 for Derby to get Promoted this season.

AS we've said before odds for individual bookies depend on the money staked.

Now its not QUITE as simple as that, because the odds compilers when they form a market don't know if they've got it 'right' or not - that's their job.

No good offering a 2/1 shot at 50/1 or vice versa - either they lose a shed load of money or no one bets.
17th ???? on 18:36 - Aug 6 with 2393 viewsNorthernr

Might be right.

I had Forest 4th and Derby 7th last season.

Prior to the season we lost 5-0 to Swansea on the opening day, and won four games all year, there was a thread on here touting us for the fourth champions league spot.

You just never know. We need to be careful not to let our expectation levels get out of hand to the point it harms the side.
17th ???? on 18:53 - Aug 6 with 2319 viewsozranger

But our away shirt is ... (I'll let you watch this first - and, Oh dear, what was Preston thinking?)

17th ???? on 18:55 - Aug 6 with 2307 viewsDavieQPR

The first one was a good old clickbait site. Any old controversial rubbish to make you click.
Login to get fewer ads

17th ???? on 19:43 - Aug 6 with 2192 viewssaxbend

Of course you're absolutely correct. But when you make two or more events that intuitively appear to be very different in likelihood have identical odds, that raises just as many eyebrows. They could have tweaked it slightly to avoid that.
17th ???? on 19:50 - Aug 6 with 2171 viewsRangersw12

17th ???? on 18:36 - Aug 6 by Northernr

Might be right.

I had Forest 4th and Derby 7th last season.

Prior to the season we lost 5-0 to Swansea on the opening day, and won four games all year, there was a thread on here touting us for the fourth champions league spot.

You just never know. We need to be careful not to let our expectation levels get out of hand to the point it harms the side.

100 goals 100 points mate
17th ???? on 20:28 - Aug 6 with 2074 viewsCiderwithRsie

17th ???? on 18:23 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

Dozzell OKish, see the point, but given Charlie's record its hardly a 'gamble' is it?

Might work, might not but that doesn't change the fact that signing someone with his record is not a gamble.

Finally after 46 games you deserve to be where you end up - end of!

I think Charlie was a gamble, I was worried that he might be past it and that it would be even worse because that might tarnish his record with us - Warbs said something similar on one of the interviews.

But stress on "was", all doubt disappeared as soon as he scored his first goal

Don't think they give enough credit to the manager
17th ???? on 20:33 - Aug 6 with 2059 viewsaston_hoop

Saw a preview that had Reading finishing 4th yesterday. Everyone loves a laugh but come on...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

17th ???? on 21:25 - Aug 6 with 1965 viewsgolborne

We finished 11th the season before we won the league in 2011. It’s a funny old league that bites
the more optimistic, but this progression is steady. It’s all about the first dozen games for me. If we’re riding high at that point we might be able to take any injuries that come on the chin, due to general confidence. The squad feels solid and providing it’s not long term injuries I feel comfortable with those stepping up. The eternal optimist in me says it’s gonna be one of those seasons. If I’m wrong, well I’ve had 10’s of years of being the proverbial optimistic duck with defeat running off its back. IT WILL BE GOOD
17th ???? on 01:12 - Aug 7 with 1738 viewsLoftgirl

17th ???? on 18:00 - Aug 6 by Ashdown_Ranger

I'm just wondering which bit of our summer business he thinks is "risky".
17th ???? on 01:36 - Aug 7 with 1718 viewsBoston

17th ???? on 17:45 - Aug 6 by qpr_1968

...and I can drive a tractor.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

17th ???? on 02:13 - Aug 7 with 1689 viewsHooparoo

17th ???? on 01:36 - Aug 7 by Boston

...and I can drive a tractor.

Thanks Bos, gave me a good laugh. We have an Ipswich west of Brisbane and we sang the Tractor song (as slowly and moronically) as we could every time we played them.

For the uninitiated:

“I can’t read and I can’t write
But it don’t really matter,
Cos I come from Ipswich and
I can drive a tractor” 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

17th ???? on 02:17 - Aug 7 with 1685 viewsBoston

cos I come 'down' from Ipswich Town.

One of the better away's.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2021 2:19]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024