Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy, Sad & Angry.. 22:05 - Sep 14 with 3307 viewsSteveB

Happy:
R's fans loud & proud all game.
McCallum getting a goal.
Stroud - not sending off Willock. Could have.

Sad:
Dykes, no support, no crosses into him (well only 1), left out to dry.
Dickie's fuk up. shitt happens, but it affected him for at least an hour.
Kakay. Not your night buddy. We still love you though.

Angry:
Warburton. Subs needed making much earlier.
Dom Ball and his amazing invisibility cloak. 95 mins of fcuk all. Stop playing him.
Dieng's distribution. Sometimes you need to just get rid man, you are partially to blame for the Dickie disaster. But, that one aside, his distribution was questionable all game.
Stroud. Little cock. Let Bournemouth take liberties all night, that said, probably the best I've ever seen of him which says it all...
At myself for watching the Sky Coverage enough said. I should have paid a tenner.

Feel free to add your own.

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 22:19 - Sep 14 with 3160 viewsbosh67

I think MW needs to sit down with Dickie and say, look sh*t happens. You need to get over it quickly and not dwell on it. Rob does tend to get very upset about mistakes and he's such an improved player that he needs to do what Maguire does. If Maguire makes a mistake he goes up a level in concentration and tries to affect the rest of the game in a positive way. I use Maguire as a measure because Dickie has the potential to emulate Maguire's ability to have learnt not to take every mistake so seriously and deeply.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 23:00 - Sep 14 with 2942 viewsnumptydumpty

It still Dickie s first season in championship in front of fans and second overall

Was a loss of concentration but yes it did affect him all game.

I thought we could have given Dunne a decent run out today.
Think Warburton missed a trick there myself !!!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 23:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 23:21 - Sep 14 with 2824 viewsTomS

I had mixed emotions too. I was proud of the manner of the comeback in the second half. The substitutions at about 55 minutes made a big difference. We now know we have nothing to fear from any team in this league.

Hopefully some of our players will have learned from Bournemouth as to how to deliver shithousery professionally. That was a world class exhibition, which needs to be applauded.

Personally, my biggest frustration was the number of saves made by their keeper in the dying minutes. I had two separate bets at 28/1 and 66/1, and both would have landed had we equalised!!!
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 23:30 - Sep 14 with 2774 viewsbob566

Not angry tonight at all. Actually for once I'm ok with a loss. Sometimes you've got to tip your hat to a performance and their left back gave it. Lovely little player. Has the lot. We responded well and that is what's important. Heads didn't drop and could have had a deserved point. Parker and their motm were very praiseworthy of us in post match interviews. But no. I'm ok with the loss. Normally I'm fuming but not tonight. Well done boys. Did us proud
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 23:32 - Sep 14 with 2762 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 23:21 - Sep 14 by TomS

I had mixed emotions too. I was proud of the manner of the comeback in the second half. The substitutions at about 55 minutes made a big difference. We now know we have nothing to fear from any team in this league.

Hopefully some of our players will have learned from Bournemouth as to how to deliver shithousery professionally. That was a world class exhibition, which needs to be applauded.

Personally, my biggest frustration was the number of saves made by their keeper in the dying minutes. I had two separate bets at 28/1 and 66/1, and both would have landed had we equalised!!!

I would've landed on my missus had we equalised.

In all seriousness, I'm not too upset. The team has improved immeasurably and there's a lot to like. The foundations are in place; just cut out the daft mistakes, get Austin firing, Field fit and master the dark arts.

If we can get through to the end of October still in the mix then this season could be special.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 00:08 - Sep 15 with 2672 viewsManinBlack

It annoyed me tonight rather than being angry. I noted Blackpool were two down away to Bournemouth and came back to draw in the second half and they followed this up by beating Fulham. I try to convince myself we are better than Blackpool but we lost tonight despite how we played. If we want to go up we need to get points against those who will be in the mix. Tonight was probably our first game against one of the promotion favourites and we got nothing.

We now have two further games looming with promotion favourites who Sky also love so I rather hope we can get some points. Derby may be skint but they have made a reasonable start and if they can draw 0-0 at Albion then surely we can win there? No doubt the Baggies will raise their game against us but if Derby can keep them out why not us? Then again I thought we would not lose to Bournemouth the way we have been playing and they couldn't beat Blackpool at home but I was wrong.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 00:21 - Sep 15 with 2615 viewsMistication92

On that showing, the games against Fulham and WBA are going to be class. Hopefully Friday night doesn't put people off going to West Brom.

Thought it was strange that Dykes was taken off just as we really started getting down the wings and putting crosses in.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 0:22]
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 00:22 - Sep 15 with 2614 viewspaulhoop2

Just got back - thanks to the highways agency had a lovely de tour via Eastleigh . Thought rangers played very well 2nd half unlucky not to draw it. Once again a team managed by Scott Parker results in sjithousery from start to finish even the ball boys were at it !! Can’t wait for clives comments on Stroud. Completely lost the plot towards the End with exception of not sending Chrissy Wilock off .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Login to get fewer ads

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:10 - Sep 15 with 2213 viewsrobith

The last time we stopped playing Dom Ball didn't we have to bring him on after 35 minutes to wrestle control of the game back?
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:15 - Sep 15 with 2200 viewsgazza1

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:10 - Sep 15 by robith

The last time we stopped playing Dom Ball didn't we have to bring him on after 35 minutes to wrestle control of the game back?

The Opening Post.....

Sad about Dykes......Angry about Ball.

Says it all really!!!!
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:37 - Sep 15 with 2125 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:15 - Sep 15 by gazza1

The Opening Post.....

Sad about Dykes......Angry about Ball.

Says it all really!!!!

Lets not deliberately mis-quote and take out of context 'Sad about Dykes' comment...

- No support.....they targeted and doubled-up on Willock....Chair ran around alot with his head-down (how did he not see pass to his left leading up to our 1st goal) and neither got close to benefit from Dykes knock-downs

- No crosses (well only 1)...which Dykes made a fantastic early jump, got great height and made the keeper work with a very good header (again something Chair could'nt do with 2 shots facing goal from 20 yards out - but lets dig out Dykes again)

- Left out to dry....as was Austin on Saturday but who offered so much less to our overall team play.

Thought team were excellent last night, Kakay + Ball struggled as you would expect against a top class Championship team and Chair needs a rest + re-charge.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:39 - Sep 15 with 2109 viewsgazza1

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:37 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Lets not deliberately mis-quote and take out of context 'Sad about Dykes' comment...

- No support.....they targeted and doubled-up on Willock....Chair ran around alot with his head-down (how did he not see pass to his left leading up to our 1st goal) and neither got close to benefit from Dykes knock-downs

- No crosses (well only 1)...which Dykes made a fantastic early jump, got great height and made the keeper work with a very good header (again something Chair could'nt do with 2 shots facing goal from 20 yards out - but lets dig out Dykes again)

- Left out to dry....as was Austin on Saturday but who offered so much less to our overall team play.

Thought team were excellent last night, Kakay + Ball struggled as you would expect against a top class Championship team and Chair needs a rest + re-charge.

If Ball & Chair struggled then Dykes didnt play!!!! How it all changed when Dykes was subbed was quite interesting but understandable. Shame you cannot see that.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:39]
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:55 - Sep 15 with 2049 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:39 - Sep 15 by gazza1

If Ball & Chair struggled then Dykes didnt play!!!! How it all changed when Dykes was subbed was quite interesting but understandable. Shame you cannot see that.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:39]

How did we dominate the first half of first half then?

They got on top with an extra man in midfield and targetted one of our key weaknesses which is lack of pace in CDM position - obviously Ball's a top lad but no Kante (or Amos) - and his lack of 5 yard pace was exploited by Brooks and Christie.

How it changed was not when Dykes was subbed (how we needed him for that last 15 minutes) but when Warburton realised that Ball was not offering Dieng or Dickie an out-ball at all and swapped him out and tasked Johansen with Ball's role, dropping deeper and picking up the ball from Dieng and Dickie, allowing Barbet and Kakay / Adomah to push on with his better control, pass selection and ability to run with the ball (all of which he is superior to Ball at).

But if you did'nt see that........... and think Ball and Chair did'nt struggle last night..... I'll leave you to it.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:06 - Sep 15 with 2020 viewsgazza1

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 09:55 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

How did we dominate the first half of first half then?

They got on top with an extra man in midfield and targetted one of our key weaknesses which is lack of pace in CDM position - obviously Ball's a top lad but no Kante (or Amos) - and his lack of 5 yard pace was exploited by Brooks and Christie.

How it changed was not when Dykes was subbed (how we needed him for that last 15 minutes) but when Warburton realised that Ball was not offering Dieng or Dickie an out-ball at all and swapped him out and tasked Johansen with Ball's role, dropping deeper and picking up the ball from Dieng and Dickie, allowing Barbet and Kakay / Adomah to push on with his better control, pass selection and ability to run with the ball (all of which he is superior to Ball at).

But if you did'nt see that........... and think Ball and Chair did'nt struggle last night..... I'll leave you to it.

That is an absolute load of 'tosh'!!!!!

Dominate the first half - really, 2 - 0 down. First 10 minutes I agree.

You need to define midfield......you could say that we had 4, 5 or 6 in midfield. That is news to me that Ball lacks pace, IMO he is quicker than SJ.

Are you suggesting that we got worse when the subs were introduced - I don't think so. Oh, so MW told SJ to play deeper - really?? Guess work I'm afraid to say.

No I did not see Ball struggle last night, nor particularly Chair.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 1989 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:06 - Sep 15 by gazza1

That is an absolute load of 'tosh'!!!!!

Dominate the first half - really, 2 - 0 down. First 10 minutes I agree.

You need to define midfield......you could say that we had 4, 5 or 6 in midfield. That is news to me that Ball lacks pace, IMO he is quicker than SJ.

Are you suggesting that we got worse when the subs were introduced - I don't think so. Oh, so MW told SJ to play deeper - really?? Guess work I'm afraid to say.

No I did not see Ball struggle last night, nor particularly Chair.

Lets try to stick to the facts and what I posted ...'first half of first half'.... ie 22.5 minutes....and not just make things up or mis-quote people.

If its news to you that Ball lacks pace, and you think that SJ decided to drop deeper after the half-time restart, and this had no bearing to the 15 minute team talk he'd just received - or that Chair created anything of any note over 90 minutes - lets agree to disagree - or maybe just keep it on a more simple Dykes is shxt level.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:22 - Sep 15 with 1961 viewsgazza1

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:16 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Lets try to stick to the facts and what I posted ...'first half of first half'.... ie 22.5 minutes....and not just make things up or mis-quote people.

If its news to you that Ball lacks pace, and you think that SJ decided to drop deeper after the half-time restart, and this had no bearing to the 15 minute team talk he'd just received - or that Chair created anything of any note over 90 minutes - lets agree to disagree - or maybe just keep it on a more simple Dykes is shxt level.

No 12 minutes to be more exact.......when they scored they got on top and scored another!!!

SJ dropped deeper later in the game than H/T......I cannot comment on what was discussed in the dressing room at H/T (like you obviously have!!!) because I was sitting in my chair at home watching the game!!!!

Dykes was not good last night, I don't blame others, I blame Dykes.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:27 - Sep 15 with 1926 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:22 - Sep 15 by gazza1

No 12 minutes to be more exact.......when they scored they got on top and scored another!!!

SJ dropped deeper later in the game than H/T......I cannot comment on what was discussed in the dressing room at H/T (like you obviously have!!!) because I was sitting in my chair at home watching the game!!!!

Dykes was not good last night, I don't blame others, I blame Dykes.

No, you're mis-quoting and making things up again,

I was at the game so not reliant on a particular camera angle from Sky, so let's leave it there.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:31 - Sep 15 with 1915 viewsgazza1

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:27 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

I was at the game so not reliant on a particular camera angle from Sky, so let's leave it there.

Not sure about that!!! Great that you went, I should of gone but I'm getting lazy!!!

OK we differ.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 12:19 - Sep 15 with 1793 viewsextratimeR

Any team with Pearson in midfield, (Captain Shithousery at Preston), and Scot Parker as Manager, ( bring down anyone crossing the half way line), is going to excel at the "Black Arts"

Ironically I sort of agree with a few posters that by Keith Stroud's past form this sort of represented a reasonable performance, ( Championship Refs now don't seem to think tearing the shirt of a players back, ( usually Willock) warrants blowing the whistle, but he could have sent Willock off,vwhich to his credit he didn't, ( never thought I would say that about Stroud!).

Well done RSS in Second Half.
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 03:29 - Sep 16 with 1435 viewsbob566

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:27 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Don't like those comments. Not all of us fans living in the UK. Does that mean if we watch it on tv we're not entitled to pass judgement. Harsh
Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 10:22 - Sep 16 with 1276 viewsParkRoyalR

Happy, Sad & Angry.. on 03:29 - Sep 16 by bob566

Don't like those comments. Not all of us fans living in the UK. Does that mean if we watch it on tv we're not entitled to pass judgement. Harsh

That was'nt intended, point I was trying to make is, if you are going to really call-out and criticize a player, it helps to see the game live as you can see the work they do off the ball, the good runs they are making etc that Sky don't tend to focus on as their camera's follow the man in possession.

Example being Tuesday night, Willock and Chair are in touching distance from us on the byline, it was obvious to every one in the stand the pass Willock was trying to work to split their defenders to get Chair in behind for a clear run on goal and Chair just did'nt see it til way too late and had to come back on himself again and opportunity was gone.

On Sky that could have looked a poor pass but Willock was holding, prompting, holding and in the end just had to play the pass as best he could as movement was so poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024