Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the time in the world - Report 23:43 - Oct 3 with 5388 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55939
All the time in the world - Report on 00:00 - Oct 4 with 4241 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Clive. Your report was just as entertaining as the game, which was fantastic when Preston weren't time wasting. So glad that justice was done in the end.

Loved your comment on Maguire; "I’ve been to wheelchair basketball games where players spent less time sitting down than this prick".
All the time in the world - Report on 07:43 - Oct 4 with 3770 viewsdistortR

And anything that pisses trevor hemmings off pleases me
All the time in the world - Report on 08:16 - Oct 4 with 3665 viewsstevec

I think we’ve invented a new game called Crazy Football.

Wonderful stuff.
All the time in the world - Report on 10:13 - Oct 4 with 3306 viewsfrancisbowles

Absolutely brilliant report, it's got it all. Can actually relive the match and feel the pain, frustration and finally the joy!

Does PNE stand for Preston Not Entertaining? Perhaps they should be renamed PDA, Preston Dark Arts.
All the time in the world - Report on 10:51 - Oct 4 with 3191 viewsRs_Holy

"This is Championship football’s visit from the mother-in-law.".... that one had me in stitches ... Superb as ever Clive
All the time in the world - Report on 11:20 - Oct 4 with 3115 viewsTheChef

This:

"Dykes, man possessed, already up on his feet, chucked himself at Browne’s clearance and blocked the ball down to Chair. A touch to set. A clean and crisp strike. A bottom corner. A noise like no other. A feeling unrivalled. The best place in the world. Shut the front door. Get out of my pub. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria."

It was the first ever game for our two boys, couldn't really have picked a better one!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

All the time in the world - Report on 11:27 - Oct 4 with 3088 viewsLoudR

Drederick Tatum ha! Great report, thanks
All the time in the world - Report on 11:36 - Oct 4 with 3068 viewsPerthRs

Superb as per normal Clive, been on the PNE forum and they hate our commentary team with a passion. Many comments like these.

Watching QPR stream. God I hope we beat these after listening to their deluded commentary. Apparently we’re ‘known for going down at the slightest touch’.

Maguire down, knob head QPR commentator shouting 'don't fall for it ref, this is Preston'. What a wa nker

These QPR commentators are a right pair of knobs. Dickie jumps and misses a header in our area, and they claim the ref bottled giving a penalty?? They also said at start of game that 'Preston' have a reputation for throwing themselves on the floor.

There are loads more on there forum link below I started it at page 6 the start of the game.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-queens-park-rangers
Login to get fewer ads

All the time in the world - Report on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 3046 viewsjohnhoop

All the time in the world - Report on 10:51 - Oct 4 by Rs_Holy

"This is Championship football’s visit from the mother-in-law.".... that one had me in stitches ... Superb as ever Clive

The olive branch comment that followed it practically had me choking on my breakfast cereal!
All the time in the world - Report (n/t) on 12:25 - Oct 4 with 2938 viewsMick_S

All the time in the world - Report on 11:36 - Oct 4 by PerthRs

Superb as per normal Clive, been on the PNE forum and they hate our commentary team with a passion. Many comments like these.

Watching QPR stream. God I hope we beat these after listening to their deluded commentary. Apparently we’re ‘known for going down at the slightest touch’.

Maguire down, knob head QPR commentator shouting 'don't fall for it ref, this is Preston'. What a wa nker

These QPR commentators are a right pair of knobs. Dickie jumps and misses a header in our area, and they claim the ref bottled giving a penalty?? They also said at start of game that 'Preston' have a reputation for throwing themselves on the floor.

There are loads more on there forum link below I started it at page 6 the start of the game.

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/match-day-queens-park-rangers

[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 12:31]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

All the time in the world - Report on 12:29 - Oct 4 with 2926 viewsNorthernr

All the time in the world - Report (n/t) on 12:25 - Oct 4 by Mick_S

[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 12:31]

It would not be.
All the time in the world - Report on 12:30 - Oct 4 with 2921 viewsMick_S

All the time in the world - Report on 12:29 - Oct 4 by Northernr

It would not be.

Fair enough.

All the time in the world - Report on 12:51 - Oct 4 with 2865 viewsNorthernr

All the time in the world - Report on 12:30 - Oct 4 by Mick_S

Fair enough.

All the time in the world - Report on 13:01 - Oct 4 with 2846 viewsMick_S

All the time in the world - Report on 12:51 - Oct 4 by Northernr

All the time in the world - Report on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 2742 viewshantssi

All the time in the world - Report on 11:27 - Oct 4 by LoudR

Drederick Tatum ha! Great report, thanks

[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 13:37]
All the time in the world - Report on 14:05 - Oct 4 with 2660 viewsDWQPR

Felt that 5 was more than generous for the ref. He was more than happy to allow Johnson, Browne and McGuire to do his job for him until the Rangers crowd had had enough with a three side of the ground rendition of 'You're just another sh it ref!' He suddenly seemed to have got the message and the likes of McGuire was left to writhe around on the ground without being allowed treatment. But it is about time these refs lay the law down before games, the only player who should be allowed near the ref is the captain and at the first hint of timewasting then the first yellow card comes out. It's amazing how that focuses the players minds, especially when we've seen keepers booked, suddenly getting on with the game is more important than choosing which side of the goal to take a goal kick from or cleaning studs on the goal post.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

All the time in the world - Report on 14:23 - Oct 4 with 2607 viewsNorthernr

All the time in the world - Report on 14:05 - Oct 4 by DWQPR

Felt that 5 was more than generous for the ref. He was more than happy to allow Johnson, Browne and McGuire to do his job for him until the Rangers crowd had had enough with a three side of the ground rendition of 'You're just another sh it ref!' He suddenly seemed to have got the message and the likes of McGuire was left to writhe around on the ground without being allowed treatment. But it is about time these refs lay the law down before games, the only player who should be allowed near the ref is the captain and at the first hint of timewasting then the first yellow card comes out. It's amazing how that focuses the players minds, especially when we've seen keepers booked, suddenly getting on with the game is more important than choosing which side of the goal to take a goal kick from or cleaning studs on the goal post.

Well like I say he's not a referee I rate very highly, but I do feel for him and other officials in certain situations.

By Maguire and Cunningham's reactions, they were both mortally wounded, very seriously injured, in immense amounts of pain. Now of course, they weren't, they were cheating. We know it, the referee knows it, all the players know it... however... What they're doing is forcing the referee to make a medical diagnosis he is not qualified for, on the run, from a distance away, during a fast and frantic professional football match. If the referees do start ignoring this then sooner or later there will be a very serious injury that a referee ignores and plays on through and he'll get absolutely hung out to dry. Extreme, extreme example, but what if the referee had thought Christian Erikson was cheating? The referee is always going to err on the side of stopping the game and getting a doctor on.

This, of course, makes the actions of the players even more reprhensible than it already is. Every time they hit the deck and roll around like that it undermines thefaith of the referee and everybody else there, and puts somebody who may suffer an actual injury later in the game at greater risk of having their treatment delayed. Proper crying wolf stuff.

This is only going to get worse and more frustrating as more and more protocols come in around head injuries. Rugby League has become an absolute farce now because players know they automatically get awarded a penalty if they go down clutching the back of their neck, and the game is immediately stopped if the doctor comes on, which he's allowed to do at his discretion not the referee's, and happens whenever a player "has a head injury" - i.e. whenever he clutches his head. So multiple times a game now a team breaking down the field on an attack is stopped by a defensive player miles behind the play suddenly deciding his head hurts and the doctor rushing on.

If that's happening in RL, you can bet it'll be ten times worse in football. Our third goal on Saturday for instance - I suspect you'd see a Preston player in back play hit the deck holding their head and a Preston doctor rushing on the moment Lindsay was in trouble with Dykes, and the play stopped before it gets to Chair because the doctor is on the field.
All the time in the world - Report on 14:40 - Oct 4 with 2548 viewsPinnerPaul

You're miles better at me than remembering oppo players so you might be able to name this one.

He had done 'something' to his shoulder so could have been 'treated' off the pitch, but not only did he spend some time ON the pitch with the physio, waving his arm around, he then slow walked off with a slight limp???!!!!!!, before, of course, sprinting back on straight away.

That one REALLY got me!
All the time in the world - Report on 14:48 - Oct 4 with 2529 viewsPinnerPaul

All the time in the world - Report on 14:23 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Well like I say he's not a referee I rate very highly, but I do feel for him and other officials in certain situations.

By Maguire and Cunningham's reactions, they were both mortally wounded, very seriously injured, in immense amounts of pain. Now of course, they weren't, they were cheating. We know it, the referee knows it, all the players know it... however... What they're doing is forcing the referee to make a medical diagnosis he is not qualified for, on the run, from a distance away, during a fast and frantic professional football match. If the referees do start ignoring this then sooner or later there will be a very serious injury that a referee ignores and plays on through and he'll get absolutely hung out to dry. Extreme, extreme example, but what if the referee had thought Christian Erikson was cheating? The referee is always going to err on the side of stopping the game and getting a doctor on.

This, of course, makes the actions of the players even more reprhensible than it already is. Every time they hit the deck and roll around like that it undermines thefaith of the referee and everybody else there, and puts somebody who may suffer an actual injury later in the game at greater risk of having their treatment delayed. Proper crying wolf stuff.

This is only going to get worse and more frustrating as more and more protocols come in around head injuries. Rugby League has become an absolute farce now because players know they automatically get awarded a penalty if they go down clutching the back of their neck, and the game is immediately stopped if the doctor comes on, which he's allowed to do at his discretion not the referee's, and happens whenever a player "has a head injury" - i.e. whenever he clutches his head. So multiple times a game now a team breaking down the field on an attack is stopped by a defensive player miles behind the play suddenly deciding his head hurts and the doctor rushing on.

If that's happening in RL, you can bet it'll be ten times worse in football. Our third goal on Saturday for instance - I suspect you'd see a Preston player in back play hit the deck holding their head and a Preston doctor rushing on the moment Lindsay was in trouble with Dykes, and the play stopped before it gets to Chair because the doctor is on the field.

Spot on Clive.

In summary PNE's antics are NOT the referee's 'fault' - ludicrous to blame him.

As I've said before, if the PGMOL have decided its OK for players to be treated on the pitch, goalkeepers and referees to wear identical kits, players to tape up rings, GKs to take up to 20 seconds releasing the ball, it takes a brave/foolish man, or one who has got fed up of refereeing top level games to be THE one to buck the trend and start doing what none of his colleagues are doing - despite being as per the LOTG.

Incredibly frustrating, but agree with you, second guessing the severity of an injury is not an option.
All the time in the world - Report on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 2471 viewstoboboly

All the time in the world - Report on 14:23 - Oct 4 by Northernr

But if you do it like rugby union, the physio/dr runs on as and when a player goes down and play continues then it won't happen. If you stop the clock at fouls/corners/goals then it reduces the opportunity for time wasting. If the officials use the spray for throws as well as free kicks it reduces opportunities for time wasting.

A separate issue, if someone does a foul throw it should result in a foul and not an opposition throw.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

All the time in the world - Report on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 2470 viewsE1Hoop

All the time in the world - Report on 14:48 - Oct 4 by PinnerPaul

Spot on Clive.

In summary PNE's antics are NOT the referee's 'fault' - ludicrous to blame him.

As I've said before, if the PGMOL have decided its OK for players to be treated on the pitch, goalkeepers and referees to wear identical kits, players to tape up rings, GKs to take up to 20 seconds releasing the ball, it takes a brave/foolish man, or one who has got fed up of refereeing top level games to be THE one to buck the trend and start doing what none of his colleagues are doing - despite being as per the LOTG.

Incredibly frustrating, but agree with you, second guessing the severity of an injury is not an option.

Whilst definitely didn’t think that the ref was great i did get his difficulty as the PNE players went down screaming and rolling about.

Could you just let the physio come on whilst the play continues. The players are good enough to play around the injured player and physio. So only stop play if it is the GK or the injured player is in the penalty area.
All the time in the world - Report on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 2465 viewsNorthernr

All the time in the world - Report on 15:20 - Oct 4 by toboboly

But if you do it like rugby union, the physio/dr runs on as and when a player goes down and play continues then it won't happen. If you stop the clock at fouls/corners/goals then it reduces the opportunity for time wasting. If the officials use the spray for throws as well as free kicks it reduces opportunities for time wasting.

A separate issue, if someone does a foul throw it should result in a foul and not an opposition throw.

Well I agree that you should be treated and the game continue, unless the ball comes near you. But like I say a sport that has that rule, RL, now stops the play as soon as the doctor (different to the physio) comes on - which he does a suspiciously large amount of the time all of a sudden since that rule changed.

Basically all contact sport is going to look very different over the next couple of years. There's a lot more evidence around head and brain injuries than there was before and a mixture of trying to deal with that and being absolutely terrified of lawsuits is going to absolutely deluge football and both codes of rugby with protocols that are going to make it borderline unwatchable. Rugby league isn't far off being there already - a total mess. As I say this will also come with a whole load of new gamesmanship and cheating, where doctors are entering the field of play for spurious reasons at times that tactiucally suit their players. Fox Sports in Oz did a behind the scenes doc on the Wests Tigers this year and you saw and heard their head coach in the coaches box during the game screaming into walkie talkies "get the doctor on there, get the doctor on" when he wanted play stopping.

You're like me, thinking of ways things could be sped up, thinking of ways to get rid of the 'shithousing', but we're both going to be disappointed. It's going to get slower, and worse.

This post has been edited by an administrator
All the time in the world - Report on 15:31 - Oct 4 with 2436 viewsPinnerPaul

All the time in the world - Report on 15:22 - Oct 4 by E1Hoop

Whilst definitely didn’t think that the ref was great i did get his difficulty as the PNE players went down screaming and rolling about.

Could you just let the physio come on whilst the play continues. The players are good enough to play around the injured player and physio. So only stop play if it is the GK or the injured player is in the penalty area.

Yep that's what they do in Hockey, but I guess the problem is if the play moves towards the injured player?
All the time in the world - Report on 15:31 - Oct 4 with 2431 viewstoboboly

All the time in the world - Report on 15:25 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Well I agree that you should be treated and the game continue, unless the ball comes near you. But like I say a sport that has that rule, RL, now stops the play as soon as the doctor (different to the physio) comes on - which he does a suspiciously large amount of the time all of a sudden since that rule changed.

Basically all contact sport is going to look very different over the next couple of years. There's a lot more evidence around head and brain injuries than there was before and a mixture of trying to deal with that and being absolutely terrified of lawsuits is going to absolutely deluge football and both codes of rugby with protocols that are going to make it borderline unwatchable. Rugby league isn't far off being there already - a total mess. As I say this will also come with a whole load of new gamesmanship and cheating, where doctors are entering the field of play for spurious reasons at times that tactiucally suit their players. Fox Sports in Oz did a behind the scenes doc on the Wests Tigers this year and you saw and heard their head coach in the coaches box during the game screaming into walkie talkies "get the doctor on there, get the doctor on" when he wanted play stopping.

You're like me, thinking of ways things could be sped up, thinking of ways to get rid of the 'shithousing', but we're both going to be disappointed. It's going to get slower, and worse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A shame those in the game don't seem to care/understand these issues. Like you say about PNE's style, how do their fans put up with it?

If football does continue down that route I can see non-league becoming a major beneficiary. A lot less shit, beer on the terrace, no segregation, more local rivalries.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

All the time in the world - Report on 15:47 - Oct 4 with 2380 viewsDesertBoot

The sequence of going down holding a shoulder, getting up and limping off the pitch then sprinting back onto the aforementioned pitch is the worst of its ilk I've seen for quite a while.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024